Carol is in a Two-Week Fort Fantasyland!

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calories are non existant at the "World"!!!!!!! :rofl2:

Wednesday, December 5th OK, now it's time to show something nobody else on Fort Fiends has reported on. Today, I decided to go see Wreck It Ralph! I also decided to try the Dine In Theater I went to

Well, the pics are now uploaded to Photobucket, so let me get this trip report started!!! This was definitely a fantasyland trip for me, and a looooong awaited trip. I had been coming to the Fort sol

Loved the Legolady in giant curlers tending the garden. :))

She was cute!!

Just caught up! My kids loved looking at all your Legoland pics! Thanks for showing us what the park is like!

Thanks for reading!! I'm glad they enjoyed it!

There is another large Banyon tree in Brandenton, don't remember the address. It is down the street from where my Grandparents lived and covers accross the road.

Cool!

I just finished all the Legoland pictures and my husband slowly kept moving closer so he could get a look. Your report has sold us. Next trip we are taking a day to go to Legoland!

That's great!!

Legoland had been on my maybe we should go there list.

You just moved it up to Oh that is cool we need to go there list!

That's awesome! I hope you have a good time!

I was going to make the exact same comment regarding the gazebo...I vividly remember it from a visit in the late 70's. In fact, I have somewhere a picture of my sister and one of those Southern Belles in a big yellow dress, sitting on a bench with the gazebo in the background. It was on Webshots, where I used to store photos until several years ago. I wanted to post it, and didn't realize that Webshots shut down on 12/1/12...so those photos are gone. I have them somewhere else I think, so if I find it I'll post it.

I hope you find the pics!

Sounds good. I am pretty sure my dad has "slides" from Cypress Gardens with the gazebo, etc. i may need to see of we can dig those out!

Neat!

I have prints from an old 110 film camera that I scanned several years ago and put on Webshots. I'm sure I have the scans somewhere on our old desktop computer, and I still have the prints too. Just not as easy to dig out!

LOL

I think we have a post card or a photo from there. I wonder if ants ever crawled over the girls in the dresses?

eeeew

Awesome link TJ!!!

I also looked up some history of the park. I didn't realize there were so many attemps to keep it open, and so many changes over the years. I also saw there used to be several boat rides throughout. I hope those are eventually brought back. Also something called a "Florida pool" That would be neat to see if it was salvageable.

I also see that Legoland has made some changes even since they started. Like the "yellow" Southern Belle was at the entrance, and since later moved to the front of the Gardens.

Time to finish up this day.

I'm thinking at this point, I had to clear the chip I had onto the computer, cause I was at almost 4,000 pictures by then. So once I put the chip back in took this picture.

IMG_8138.jpg

Then took a few more pictures around the camper

IMG_8139.jpg

I put up the new Mickey lights I had finally found at Walgreens

IMG_8140.jpg

Now some more pictures around the site

IMG_8141.jpg

IMG_8142.jpg

IMG_8143.jpg

IMG_8145.jpg

IMG_8146.jpg

IMG_8148.jpg

IMG_8149.jpg

IMG_8150.jpg

IMG_8151.jpg

IMG_8152.jpg

IMG_8153.jpg

IMG_8154.jpg

IMG_8158.jpg

IMG_8159.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

And that's it for tonite. Time for bed, cause the rest of the weekend is goo, goo, gooooooooo

Love your site pics!

Pretty!

Thanks!

I loved Legoland. I wonder how long it takes to make those displays. Great TR within a TR ! You rocked it !

It was a cool place. I can't imagine how long it takes. and Thanks!!!

Your site looked GREAT. As always of course. :)

Thanks!

Carol---loved the Legoland photos! It will be many years before we make it back to FL, but that will definitely be on our to-do list when we return. It was nice meeting you, too!

It was wonderful meeting you too!! and thanks!!

Friday, December 7th

OK, now we're getting to the weekend that was the primary purpose for this trip. The 17th annual Rec.Arts.Disney.Parks Holiday meets. I've attended this event pretty much every December since 1998. Some of these folks are just as dear to me as Fiends are, but we honestly don't get together quite as often as Fiends do. Most of the RADP gatherings are centered around the parks, and we do have a bit of a schedule.

The schedule for today

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7th, 2012

RADP ANIMAL KINGDOM DAY

Everest Fastpass EverestFP.jpg

9:00am @ Animal Kingdom

Attention explorers! If you plan on riding during our 10:30am Expedition Everest meet, make sure to head directly to Expedition Everest and pick up a Fastpass before going to the safari meet!

Kiliminjaro Safari Meet

Safari.jpg9:30am @ Animal Kingdom

Location: Meet to the left of the Kilimanjaro Safari entrance

Hosts: Sean & Pam

To kick off our 17th annual RADP Holiday Meet, we're going on a safari through the African savannah of Disney's Animal Kingdom! Our wildlife reserve tour gathers at 9:30am, just to the left of the main entrance of Kilimanjaro Safaris. The elephants and warthogs aren't the only wildlife we're likely to see on this RADP adventure! Be prepared to reunite with old friends and make some new ones as we say "Jambo!" to our 17th annual meet!

Expedition Everest Meet

10:30am @ Animal Kingdom

Everest.jpgLocation: Meet across from entrance

Hosted by: Carol

It's time to climb, twist, turn and drop our way through the Forbidden Mountain on our way to Mount Everest! During last year's 2011 Expedition Everest meet, RADP was unfortunately stalked throughout the ride by a frightening yeti. Though they were extremely frightened, the intrepid adventurers made it out safely. We would once again like to apologize for this safety oversight and assure all meet attendees that the same type of incident will almost certainly not happen during the 2012 meet. Right?

Festival of the Lion King

1:00pm @ Animal Kingdom

festivaloflionking.jpgMeet near the attraction sign in front

Hosts: Bruce and Jack

Come experience the pageantry and tribal rhythms of Festival of the Lion King with RADP! Please meet in the area just past the stroller parking area for this colorful and energetic interactive show. Due to the popularity of this show, please plan to arrive promptly at 12:30, we so can be assured to get into the 1:00 show.

Dinosaur Meet

dinosaur.jpg2:30pm @ Animal Kingdom

Meet just outside the entrance

Host: Jan

Listen up! We're taking a hair raising trip back in time to the Cretaceous period aboard Dinosaur! We will be meeting at 2:30pm at the main Dinosaur entrance, just in front of the Aladar dinosaur statue. Bring your sense of adventure and be prepared for "dark places and scary dinosaurs!"

Dawa Gift Fight

giftexchange.jpg3:15pm @ Animal Kingdom

Meet at the Dawa Bar

Host: Julie

Christmas is just around the corner, so we're sharing a bit of holiday cheer with each other. In order to participate, please bring a wrapped or bagged $5 gift (it can be a nice gift, or a silly gag gift) and get ready to trade those gifts "Bad Santa" style! The Dawa Bar will be nearby if you would like a drink, and the parade will be cheerfully passing by in the background as well. Last year's gift exchange meet was a blast, so don't miss your chance to join in the fun this year!

So here we goooooo

For some reason, I stopped in the Outpost as I was heading out, and I honestly can't remember why, but here are a few pics.

IMG_8166.jpg

IMG_8169.jpg

IMG_8170.jpg

IMG_8171.jpg

IMG_8172.jpg

IMG_8173.jpg

IMG_8174.jpg

IMG_8175.jpg

It was a really foggy morning

IMG_8176.jpg

IMG_8177.jpg

Not too many carts in the parking area yet

IMG_8178.jpg

IMG_8179.jpg

IMG_8180.jpg

IMG_8181.jpg

IMG_8182.jpg

IMG_8183.jpg

An Animal Kingdom bus arrived and I was off. See how foggy

IMG_8184.jpg

IMG_8185.jpg

Oh, it looks like they are starting to outfit older buses with the new wheelchair tie down system.

IMG_8194.jpg

Now I'm in Animal Kingdom heading to pick up my Everest FP

IMG_8195.jpg

IMG_8196.jpg

IMG_8198.jpg

IMG_8199.jpg

IMG_8200.jpg

IMG_8201.jpg

IMG_8202.jpg

definitely foggy

IMG_8203.jpg

IMG_8204.jpg

IMG_8205.jpg

IMG_8206.jpg

IMG_8207.jpg

IMG_8208.jpg

IMG_8213.jpg

Coming up next, the group goes on Safari!!

That is some schedule!

You got photobombed by a smiling blonde lady while trying to get monkey butt photos.

Beats getting photobombed by monkey butts while trying to get a picture of a smiling blonde lady.

Actually, I know that blonde lady :) It was just me not framing it very well

Carol-

Going back to your Reception Outpost photos, I took some photos of the Christmas decorations in there, too, and meant to point out something when I posted mine, but I forgot.

Many of us will remember that there recently have been a couple of Ebay auctions selling old FWRR posters. The posts for these auctions claimed that the posters had been on display at the Fort, and the photo they used looked very much like the poster on dispaly in the Reception Outpost. I wondered at the time if that poster had been taken down. But, your photos show it's still there. Which really makes me wonder if those posters sold on Ebay were legit.

TCD

The fog makes EE look really cool, like you are actually in the Himalayas.

It was cool!

So it WAS the monkey butts photobombing! dancing_monkey-59.gif

Yeah, I guess it was!

Carol-

Going back to your Reception Outpost photos, I took some photos of the Christmas decorations in there, too, and meant to point out something when I posted mine, but I forgot.

Many of us will remember that there recently have been a couple of Ebay auctions selling old FWRR posters. The posts for these auctions claimed that the posters had been on display at the Fort, and the photo they used looked very much like the poster on dispaly in the Reception Outpost. I wondered at the time if that poster had been taken down. But, your photos show it's still there. Which really makes me wonder if those posters sold on Ebay were legit.

TCD

I'm guessing fake too. With digital technology today, it's pretty easy to duplicate just about anything.

OK, continuing on. We try to get a group shot each day, and here is today's group shot.

IMG_8214.jpg

IMG_8215.jpg

Getting ready to board the safari

IMG_8216.jpg

I always take waaaay too many Safari pics, so I'll share just a few

IMG_8218.jpg

IMG_8221.jpg

IMG_8228.jpg

IMG_8240.jpg

IMG_8243.jpg

IMG_8271.jpg

IMG_8280.jpg

IMG_8291.jpg

IMG_8325.jpg

IMG_8354.jpg

IMG_8358.jpg

IMG_8362.jpg

IMG_8375.jpg

IMG_8383.jpg

IMG_8404.jpg

IMG_8458.jpg

IMG_8473.jpg

IMG_8483.jpg

IMG_8484.jpg

And that's all of the Safari

We had some time before the next event, so me and my friends stopped for a snack

IMG_8495.jpg

Pretty stuff around AK

IMG_8497.jpg

A glimpse of characters

IMG_8498.jpg

Christmas decorations

IMG_8499.jpg

Hmmmm, my pictures seem to have skipped Expedition Everest, but we did ride!

Coming next, Festival of the Lion King!

All caught up again. There's so many great reports going on right now, I'm having a hard time keeping up.

I remember my parents dragging me to Cypress Gardens and, as a kid, thinking it was lame. I did like the ski show though!

Hope Dave can find his old pictures. I only have a couple from that time. :-

Cypressgardens1974003.jpg

Cypressgardens1974002.jpg

Cypressgardens1974001.jpg

I'm sure there were more, stuck forever in a film camera.

Thank heavens for the digital age!

Oh, it looks like they are starting to outfit older buses with the new wheelchair tie down system.

IMG_8194.jpg

The new system shortens the time it takes to secure ECV, ESV, & WC because the two rear straps tension themselves automatically and there is only one front strap. It's a nice improvement.

The bus in the photo is a Nova Bus. I'm sure that the words Nova Bus translates to Junk Bus in some language. Hard to believe that they're a Prevost bus. What I don't understand though is, when they started converting buses about a year ago, why they started with the Junk Bus and not the the other model, the Gillig bus.

The most recent purchases of the Gillig buses have the new system when they're put into service.