BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

I may never look at Buckeye the same way. :rofl2:

I haven't met him yet.

I don't know what to think.

On the one hand, he drank the Grande Slam at BOG.

So that makes him cool.

But then he knows a lot of fairy information that no man should know.

Sorry to see another report come to an end. When you finish your last update, please immediately book another trip.

Good thinking.

As a matter of fact, I should have my next visit set in the next day or two.

Before you saw at me as a handsome, masculine, charming, intelligent specimen of male perfection and now....a handsome, masculine, charming, intelligent specimen of male perfection who has sired two beautiful daughters that like fairies?

OK.

If you say so.

For the record, I have three daughters.

And, the only fairy names I know are Tinkerbell, Tinkerbill and Donnie.

TCD

You sure can! :)

Dang. I think we could have been seated in Kona- that would have been nicer than looking at our reflections in the windows for an hour.

Now I know for the next time.

I am FINALLY all caught up!!!!

Although feeling sad that it is almost over...........

You guys sure know how to have a good time!!

Thanks for reading, Heidi.

Yes, we know how to have a good time, but that can be said of all Fiends.

Laundry day ... again. But I am caught up..

It's always laundry day for you.

What restaurant used to be where Pixie Hollow is now? I'm not even familiar with what part of the park it's at.

Thanks for that link, Carol.

That is a quite detailed article.

I didn't know most of what was written there.

Too bad they don't use this space better.

TCD

Before I wrap up this report, there is another topic that I wanted to discuss.

We have already looked at the abomination called the Four Seasons Resort.

But, you want to know something?

That's not the worst thing coming the Fort's way.

You want to know what is?

The New River Country DVC.

Pishaw you say.

It will never happen.

Well, they have already applied for permits for the new horse barn.

Because they're planning to make the current horse barn and old petting zoo area as well as the big field south of Pioneer Hall into a giant parking lot.

And they have already applied for a permit to build a new dining pavilion.

Because the old River Country pavilion, which we looked at earlier in this report, is going to be bulldozed to make room for DVC guest rooms.

So what, you say?

Well, imagine this:

rcproject.jpg

What if I told you that this is a purple crayon rendition of plans that actually have been drawn by real architects working for Disney?

Think about it.

A GIANT parking lot in the Settlement.

What will that be like?

Not so nice, that's what.

You see some of those buildings there by the lake?

Some of them will be 10 stories tall.

If I'm lying I'm dying.

10 stories!

So, if all goes according to plan, we will have the Four Seasons on one side, and the DVC and its giant parking lot on the other.

And we will have to go to the DVC to catch a boat or a bus.

Remember those quiet mornings on the Trail's End porch?

They won't be so quiet with all the traffic coming in and out of the parking lot, and the thousands of DVC folks running around.

There goes the neighborhood.

The purple crayon doesn't lie.

TCD

Ya, you can order both full menus at both places. We always sit at the sushi bar and order sushi, wings, and a steak and split it all. One of our favorite meals. I've been given the stink eye too many times at Kona to risk it without a reservation.

The thing I wonder about is if you are ridiculously wealthy and can go anywhere in the world, would WDW be very high on your list? And if you could afford it, why not get a concierge suite in the GF or another deluxe resort?

TCD

I'm wondering about this too. Why would Disney let in competition, especially competition for their high end rooms? How much did they sell that land for?!?!?!

YUCK!

All of that will definitely make me rethink Fort trips with Fort prices.

At $80 for a site, I figure $40 of it is for the slab & $40 of it is for the serenity.

After your purple crayon comes to life, a lot of serenity will be gone. :(

Ya, you can order both full menus at both places. We always sit at the sushi bar and order sushi, wings, and a steak and split it all. One of our favorite meals. I've been given the stink eye too many times at Kona to risk it without a reservation.

Usually, Kona is packed, but for whatever reason, it wasn't that night. Which is why I don't understand the sushi taking 45 minutes. The sushi chefs were right behind us though, and they were staying busy.

One of the girls ordered a meal from the Kona menu once when she didn't feel like sushi- it's great to have that option.

I'm wondering about this too. Why would Disney let in competition, especially competition for their high end rooms? How much did they sell that land for?!?!?!

I guess they don't feel like it's competition for them.

I thought they learned their lesson with the Swan and Dolphin, but it must have been a big pile of money.

No, thank you.

I want to live in my little magical Fort bubble for as long as I possibly can.

Me too.

And I hope that DVC never happens.

But, someday, I'm afraid it will.

When it does, it's going to be bad.

When those construction fences go up, I really think I'll be done with the Fort.

I'll start Four Seasons Fiends,

Look for me over there.

In the lazy river.

Fuego!

YUCK!

All of that will definitely make me rethink Fort trips with Fort prices.

At $80 for a site, I figure $40 of it is for the slab & $40 of it is for the serenity.

After your purple crayon comes to life, a lot of serenity will be gone. :(

No worries.

Bring your punch and meet me in the lazy river.

I don't know Tinkerbill or Donnie (personally) and in my defense most of this fairy stuff is pretty new. I am sure if it were 10 years earlier you would know plenty about them.

Tinkerbill is the dude who flys out of the castle every night right before the fireworks.

Donnie is the dude who lives in that camouflage box in the parking lot.

And you're absolutely right.

I knew the names of all the characters in Hannah Montana, and the kids in High School musical. I could tell the Jonas Brothers apart. I'm sure I would have been a fairy expert like you, too. But lucky for me, they didn't have all of those fairies back then.

why don't they do a DVC fort style? Cabins or super premium RVs for use

Not enough $$$ per square foot of real estate.

They want to take their money and pack 'em in.

For DVC to work, the units all need to be similar in size and value. Cabins and RV's don't work.

TCD

On your purple crayon drawing, I knew about all the proposals except the new dock. I thought the DVC was going to use the existing dock, which would be enlarged. Is that not the case?

Nope. The plans show for a new dock and new bus stops.

I guess they will share them with us.

Or maybe we keep our dock so they don't have us filthy campers getting near them on their boats.

But I think we lose.

TCD

Nope. The plans show for a new dock and new bus stops.

I guess they will share them with us.

Or maybe we keep our dock so they don't have us filthy campers getting near them on their boats.

But I think we lose.

TCD

I bet the fort keeps its separate amenities. I think there is more of this "filthy campers" impression among the rich "suckers" who would waste thousands upon thousands of dollars on this rip off than you think. Have you ever seen the faces of some the Wilderness Lodge guests when they have to share a boat with you campground trash? Me neither as their noses were so high in the air I couldn't see their faces, but you get the point. Than again, can you blame them? Some of you are just down right repulsive!

I've got a strange opinion on the DVC. IF the parking lot weren't gonna be smak dab in the middle of the settlement, I don't think I'd mind too much. The buildings will be themed appropriately, and hopefully give more dining options at the Fort.

If they would just put the parking lot elsewhere and golf cart the DVCers to their cars, then it could be OK. (I'm not saying wonderful, but OK)

Thanks for all the updates, I hope DVC crashes and burns before they can build it. I stayed once at a Four Seasons...My secretary booked it. I had a bottle of Yuegling Lager with dinner... it was $16.00. I live 30 minutes from the original brewery. I can by a case of Yuengling for less than $16.00. I am not a fan of four seasons..... or hiltons for that matter.

First of all, I'm unimpressed with Tinkerbell's sister.

Second, it took us forever to find that stupid Goofy bench (turns out the time we started looking for it was when it was gone the first time) and now it's gone again? Maybe they're going to make it talk again?

Or not.

Third, your stupid DVC drawings make me sick.