BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

Great TR as always TCD. I finally got to finish your Thanksgiving one, too. Took me a couple of beers but I got through both of them finally! ​Now get going on a new one so I have an excuse to drink more…….

The person that ordered the Dumbo apples missed out on a great comeback for the snotty CM. He/She could have said, now who is the Dumbo?

You are correct TCD, the area with the big tent is normally a parking lot. I asked someone when I was back there this week, what's up with the huge tent?

He told me it was for a CM appreciation event. What, where's my invitation? I guess I won't be taking the Tux out of the closet.

They've continued working on it and now there are props, decorations, and potted plants all over the place. It's going to be a big deal I guess.

I wonder if they have my correct mailing address? That's ok, I'm sure I'll be busy that night as I still have a lot of work to do on my ping pong ball collection.

I wonder if Dave Devores got an invite?

Lou is correct (its pains me every time I say that), The tent was for a MK cast appreciation event and yes Lou, I had an invite. It was today. This is an annual event the MK puts on for the CMs that work there. Food, freebies, special meet and greets. Its a fun event.

12013026-1.jpg

This helps to resolve something that a lot of us have been confused about.

How to spell 'Ohana.

It's not O'hana.

or Ohana's.

It's 'Ohana.

Got it?

In typical troll-like fashion, I must protest.

The matter is still not closed, sir. May I introduce the following exhibit into evidence:

12013041.jpg

Yes, I am using your own weapon against you!

And notice that in classic Disney Meadow/Meadows fashion, they have spelled the restaurant's name two different ways in the same advertising space.

So I contend that O'hana remains a proper spelling for this dining establishment.

Either that or the 19-year-old college student working as an "intern" did not know how to spell the name of his place of employment when he typed up the menu in Microsoft Word.

The Disney Dining website refers to it as 'Ohana, and I believe has since at least 2010. I remember checking that site for the correct spelling when I did my Oct 2010 trip report that included by Ohhh-HANA experience. So considering that, and the fact the permanent signage in the restaurant is also spelled 'Ohana, I'd say that is Disney's official spelling. Whatever schmuck made up the menu board spelled O'hana must not have checked it adequately.

Ok my two cents.

Talked to a friend of mine whose from Kauai and he said that 'Ohana is Hawaiian for family, family group or relative. The correct spelling is 'OHANA not O'Hana. He says that even in Hawaii you would see restaraunts and businesses spelling it O'Hana or Ohana. Apparently even people in Hawaii don't agree on the spelling.

I hope this muddies the water even more.

Actually, a good friend of mine is Hawaiian and because of that I know that it is actually spelled...

okay, I don't give a crap. I just want to eat there. I'll spell it whatever I have to get to eat the food.

And yes, I am so working that into the negotiations of HTT.

I just saw a commercial today that Starbucks is coming out with "Starbucks Blonde" Apparently lots of folks think their coffee is too strong

Count me as one of those Carol.

I'm a coffee drinker, (dark, no sugar), that being said,I don't care for Starbucks at all. Way to strong for me.

Thanks to TCD, I enjoyed the report (as always), and we too enjoyed the Mermaid ride in the new Fantasyland. Really brought me back to when the movie came out on "video" and my then four year old daughter wanted to name her future sibling "Ariel". When she found out she was going to have a brother, she burst into tears and cried for two days!, The ride brings back great memories of the movie and simplier times. I like it.

I also enjoyed your review of Animal Kingdom. We were there after Thanksgiving and enjoyed the Christmas decorations and parade. It's a good time of year, and we too walked right onto the Safari ride. The animals were very visible and active. I personally also enjoy the "Finding Nemo" show. The Christmas tree in Animal Kingdom was very impressive as well.

I've always enjoyed your trip reports. Now..when are you going to do another one on a cruise?..or did I miss that?

Well, I guess this one isn't quite done after all.

There are some good comments that I can't let go:

Great TR!

It looks like I will be dragging Dad and his CM discount to 'Ohana!

My birthday is in a couple months! So he can take his only daughter to dinner!

I don't think I knew your dad is a CM. That's sweet. I sure hope your dad takes you to dinner!

Thanks for sharing TCD ! The tent isn't for cast members... why would they get anything cool.... I'm certain it is to celebrate the outstanding artwork of the painter of the most important person in the Magic Kingdom. :rofl2: The person in the portrait looks so comfortable and relaxed. :laugh:

LOL!

Very good.

I would really like to meet that guy some time.

I think the tent is hiding the new x-wing fighter ride vehicles for Star Jets or whatever we're calling that ride now.

Interesting theory.

But, what about changing the "Jets" to "Bucks?"

That seems more likely to me.

Great TR!

Ill be watching for your next one.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading!

I hope the next one is soon.

Awesome report.

Thanks.

Glad you liked it.

Great TR as always TCD. I finally got to finish your Thanksgiving one, too. Took me a couple of beers but I got through both of them finally! ​Now get going on a new one so I have an excuse to drink more…….

The person that ordered the Dumbo apples missed out on a great comeback for the snotty CM. He/She could have said, now who is the Dumbo?

Glad to know that you're caught up.

Yes, that would have been a good comeback.

And the snotty CM deserved it.

TCD,

Another great trip report! Thanks for sharing.

Hope your next trip is soon, so we can have another trip report to enjoy!!

Heidi

Thanks, Heidi.

Speaking of TR's . . .

And not to nag . . .

But didn't you promise at least a tiny little one?

Lou is correct (its pains me every time I say that), The tent was for a MK cast appreciation event and yes Lou, I had an invite. It was today. This is an annual event the MK puts on for the CMs that work there. Food, freebies, special meet and greets. Its a fun event.

Thanks for confirming that Lou was correct. That is almost always the case.

But, it stinks that other CM's got to see that tent and didn't get invited to the party.

I haven't heard of any bus driver parties.

I enjoyed the "I'm old so I pushed the wrong button" comment.

Thank you.

I try.

TCD

In typical troll-like fashion, I must protest.

The matter is still not closed, sir. May I introduce the following exhibit into evidence:

12013041.jpg

Yes, I am using your own weapon against you!

And notice that in classic Disney Meadow/Meadows fashion, they have spelled the restaurant's name two different ways in the same advertising space.

So I contend that O'hana remains a proper spelling for this dining establishment.

Either that or the 19-year-old college student working as an "intern" did not know how to spell the name of his place of employment when he typed up the menu in Microsoft Word.

Very impressive Troll.

Lou is right again!

That is very impressive, Norm.

But, I am mad at myself now.

That is the kind of detail that I usually catch.

And, I missed it completely.

First I completely forgot to ask for my AAA discount at Earl Of Sandwich.

And then I took a photo of that big tent by mistake.

And now you point out how I missed an apostrophe controversy.

Man, I am slipping.

Loved this trip report!!! Makes me more excited for our upcoming trip in a week!!! :laugh:

In a week?

Lucky!

Have a great time!

The Disney Dining website refers to it as 'Ohana, and I believe has since at least 2010. I remember checking that site for the correct spelling when I did my Oct 2010 trip report that included by Ohhh-HANA experience. So considering that, and the fact the permanent signage in the restaurant is also spelled 'Ohana, I'd say that is Disney's official spelling. Whatever schmuck made up the menu board spelled O'hana must not have checked it adequately.

I have to respect the opinion of the foremost expert on 'Ohhh-HANA's.

So, 'Ohana it is.

I think.

Ok my two cents.

Talked to a friend of mine whose from Kauai and he said that 'Ohana is Hawaiian for family, family group or relative. The correct spelling is 'OHANA not O'Hana. He says that even in Hawaii you would see restaraunts and businesses spelling it O'Hana or Ohana. Apparently even people in Hawaii don't agree on the spelling.

I hope this muddies the water even more.

Mission accomplished.

The water is clear as mud.

Maybe we should go along with 'L'o'u,' and use as many apostrophes as possible, like 'O'hana's.

Actually, a good friend of mine is Hawaiian and because of that I know that it is actually spelled...

okay, I don't give a crap. I just want to eat there. I'll spell it whatever I have to get to eat the food.

And yes, I am so working that into the negotiations of HTT.

You raise a good point.

I guess I don't care either.

I hope you get to eat there on your next trip.

TCD

Count me as one of those Carol.

I'm a coffee drinker, (dark, no sugar), that being said,I don't care for Starbucks at all. Way to strong for me.

Thanks to TCD, I enjoyed the report (as always), and we too enjoyed the Mermaid ride in the new Fantasyland. Really brought me back to when the movie came out on "video" and my then four year old daughter wanted to name her future sibling "Ariel". When she found out she was going to have a brother, she burst into tears and cried for two days!, The ride brings back great memories of the movie and simplier times. I like it.

I also enjoyed your review of Animal Kingdom. We were there after Thanksgiving and enjoyed the Christmas decorations and parade. It's a good time of year, and we too walked right onto the Safari ride. The animals were very visible and active. I personally also enjoy the "Finding Nemo" show. The Christmas tree in Animal Kingdom was very impressive as well.

I've always enjoyed your trip reports. Now..when are you going to do another one on a cruise?..or did I miss that?

Thanks for posting, Auntie!

I'm glad to hear that there's another new Little Mermaid ride fan out there. There are some haters right here on this board, you know.

We did take a cruise last summer, and the TR from that cruise is here:

Goin' with the Flow TCD's Disney Dream Trip Report

We haven't taken another since then, but I am certainly thinking about it.

I came back way late on this one and you did two extra trips on this one report! Love your TR as always it was full of information and fun!

Better late than never, right?

I'm glad you liked it.

That's it? 32 pages?

Geez, I expected more from you. :raspberry:

Let the Ohana debate continue....I'm with CK, just bring me the food.

Another great job!

Well, your post pushed us on to page 33.

But who's counting.

Thanks for the kind words.

I hope that we cross paths at the Fort again soon.

TCD

'Bobby has asked me to use my special talents to curb the deer population at WDW. No problem. No firearms though. No problem. Venison at my site in September. The 'Bambi special.

'Bobby has asked me to use my special talents to curb the deer population at WDW. No problem. No firearms though. No problem. Venison at my site in September. The 'Bambi special.

OK. Sounds good. 3000 loop, right?

Hey TCD - how crazy is it at lunchtime to get into BOG? We would like to go when we are there in a few weeks and figured we would try it for counter service since the dinner reservations are booked solid. Looks like a great food selection and my kids would love the atmosphere.

So, far, we have had great luck getting in to BOG at lunch, even on very busy days.

At lunch, guests have to line up outside, and CM only let guests in if there's space available inside.

So that means there's always a line.

From what I hear, folks have started to line up early, and there are long waits when it opens.

Our strategy has been to go late- like at 1:30 or 2. There's stil a line then, but it moves quick.

I think a lot of guests see that line, and say no way.

But, the thing is that the service is very quick once you get inside.

Eventually, enough people will figure out that the line moves quick, and the line will, therefore, be much longer, and won't move as quick.

But for now, go ahead and go and don't let the line scare you.

Don't go too late though. At some point after 2 they cut off the line and won't let any more guests in. I'm not sure if there's an exact time. But, they need to get everyone fed and out of there so they can clean up and get ready to serve dinner.

TCD

Great FL resident rate on the dream departing 2/24 TCD……..be a nice Valentine's gift for your ladies…….except it is the same week as FCAT writes. Not sure if your girls are past that or not.

Thanks for the head's up. There are a lot of great cruise deals now.

The girls are past the FCAT's, but they have a bunch of days they are going to be out for college stuff, and they can't miss that many days for a cruise.

We will have to go in the summer, if we go at all. I am not booking anything yet. I did that last year, and we got locked out of some better deals that came along after we had paid in full and couldn't cancel. DCL isn't going to do that to me again. If we can't get a good deal, we will do something else.

TCD