New Years, New Noize: Five Days of Fort Nights with MetalDad!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day One Sounds: Yes, The Band, Badfinger, BBS Smells: Fresh baked Subway rolls, Canvas, and cool crisp air! Tastes: Tuna, Habanero Margarita. As I sat around the fire with the old BassMaster during on

Hey you, birthday boy...lets get back to business here!

Hey Aaron...that's not fair! If yer gonna smoke a guy out, at least do it nicely .

My son is funny with the music.

He's young enough that he likes some of what his friends like, but he loves hanging out with me, so he's always hearing differennt stuff.

"Daddyman, can you put that on my iPod?".

His "go to" is Black Sabbath, Slayer, Kiss, and is developing a nice appetite for the Beatles.

But I think his all time favorite is 'Point of Know Return' by Kansas.

That is an awesome play list for a kid his age. Heck, for a kid MY age!

Duelling Trip reports! I like it!

I hear banjos...

Great report MD. Steph is a modern day Jim Jones with turning us on to BBS. I'm seeing a pattern here with her punch. Drink my punch and follow me to BBS concerts. Hmnnnn.

You're on to me....how do you think I've had so many VIP meets with them?

And the Jello Shots are?

A "come-on"

The pretty colors and sweet, child-like jello, entice you in, then I finish you off with the punch.

I didn't douse myself in Steph's concoctions this time. I wanted to remember some of the good times lol.

You were pretty doused on Friday night...... I may even have a photo.

Remember that little mad scientist on Bugs Bunny? That's what I'm picturing in my head!

This was taken before I grew my hair out.

5538073952_baffb04e74_z.jpg

Can't wait to read this one. So glad I got to meet your DW this time. Wish there was more time to hang out together, after all we have sooooooo much in common. I was feeling really crappy, so next time, I know there will be more time. But so glad you stopped by and waiting for more!!!!

It was good seeing you too! Having gotten my son out of the hospital with pneumonia two days prior to our trip, I heard that whole corner of the loop was sick, so we didn't want to increase the risk.

Going to the RV show this weekend?

That is an awesome play list for a kid his age. Heck, for a kid MY age!

I hear banjos...

Nice! I no longer play school dances because I'm sick of the "If it's over a week old, it sucks" attitude. The biz has really killed it, music on the charts has become disposable.

You're on to me....how do you think I've had so many VIP meets with them?

A "come-on"

The pretty colors and sweet, child-like jello, entice you in, then I finish you off with the punch.

You were pretty doused on Friday night...... I may even have a photo.

This was taken before I grew my hair out.

5538073952_baffb04e74_z.jpg

That is so cool! I always dug Gossamer, the big hairy orange thing with sneakers that lives with the mad scientist.

MD trip reports are always so much FUN!! Love them, can't wait to read more!

**I NEED a couple of your camping playlists, Alex (me too) would love them!** :banana:

Wow, thanks! I have a ton of one hour sets that I mixed over the past few years, usually mix out 3-5 new hours for each trip. I'd be happy to share some lists with you!

That was my favorite Bugs episode with the orange hairy monster.

"My stars, where did you ever get that awful hairdo?"

Come.....back......here......you.......raaaaa......bit.....

Classic! Weren't they whacked on ether or something like that?

My other favorite cartoon monster was Watt A Ghost, the orange electrical guy that you see in the opening credits to Scooby-Doo.

So MD left off with sending his most prized possession off with a bunch of strangers, aka the FamilyofBears.

Well, we whisked away on our golf cart and yelled something about see you at Port Orleans. Then we got sidetracked by the Christmas lights. Bella and Annie being cold bears:

photo.jpg

Then we remembered that we had their kid and they may be wondering where we were, so we texted we were on our way and off we went!

Great pix. I love it!

Anywhoo.

We left off with preparing for a night out with the FamilyOfBears.

We made our way to POR by car, as I can’t see a practical way to do it by bus.

We got there about 8:30 or so.

It was packed.

Go figure a Saturday night!

We stood towards the back, and just as Bob turned on the stage lights, a group got up from their table.

I was on it like OJ running through airports.

Even sat on the lady’s coat as they were trying to leave.

A round of hi-fives and drinks ensue!

Ladies and Gentlemen, the FamilyofBears

20121229_203821_zps31550d7d.jpg

Now, I know his stage name is Yehaa Bob, but he’ll always be Piano Bob to us, so leave your corrections in that box over there to the left.

Bob starts his show, doing his thing, gets the silly going.

20121229_203949_zps4aad198a.jpg

A little brainbox lubricant, the highly recommended Habanero Margarita. Even the salt is spicy!

20121229_205442_zps3a0e52fc.jpg

Brandy opts for the Terrapin Rye, a beer from Georgia, which is now Disney’s current micro-brew option.

20121229_205455_zpseefe747a.jpg

Bob gets the kids involved with a little head, shoulders, knees, and toes action.

20121229_205507_zpsd2ff3a31.jpg

20121229_210107_zpsfff62def.jpg

20121229_210742_zps19122431.jpg

20121229_210818_zps14a0f8b2.jpg

Gets the ladies Rockette-kicking to New York, New York.

20121229_211058_zps2c0831cd.jpg

Totally infectious and energetic.

Makes you do dumb stuff in front of a big crowd that you’ll never see again.

Here we’re 5 golden rings. We had dual roles! Later in the song we’ll be lords-a-leapin’, complete with a lap around the bar on every verse!

20121229_214418_zpsc5d0b15c.jpg

20121229_214245_zps9d57dff2.jpg

20121229_214854_zps9875a514.jpg

Only Bob can make YMCA sound cool on piano!

20121229_220150_zps0460dc75.jpg

20121229_220137_zps1c61eb7e.jpg

About that time, someone sneaks up behind me.

It’s Ben the BassMaster.

They checked into their condo, went to Wolfgang Puck’s for sushi to celebrate their anniversary.

Here they are by the POR fire listening to Bob. Ben with his wife and daughter.

20121229_222132_zpsd7cfd381.jpg

After Bob’s first set, it was time to head out, a lot of kids with us!

20121229_222906_zps60a4dba6.jpg

Can you really have demon eyes while dancing around like that to Piano Yeehaw Bob?

First of all, I warned 'ya about the correction there pal!

Demon eyes are part of my basic DNA!

Fun evening!!!!!

It was. He's never disappointed.

OJ running through airports........... :lmao1:

Nice dancing! Was it the music or the margarita that got you moving?

The margarita got me warm. The music is the big silly magnet!

Love the Piano Bob photos!

Glad to see that everyone had fun.

I'm glad I wasn't there to see the dancing.

TCD

You should have been there. Mr. ofBears rocked the train of leapin' lords. He was the leader.

I was also picked to run up and down the aisle with invisible binoculars for the "...that you ever did see..." part.

Nice! That looks like a fun evening.

There was food too Dave! Wings and Chili Nachos. Ok, but not picture worthy. We jumped on them like vikings in a raid. Sauce and napkin shrapnel everywhere!

It is nice that the adults and kids could both have a good time in the same place.

It sure looks like fun.

It's cool. It's a bar, but open and part of the lobby so kids can participate. No language issue, safe for all ears!

Sweet!!!!!!!

I wonder how that hab margarita was compared to the one at Margarita Shack at DTD? Only regular salt there.

How did Bear like the Rye Beer?

I know she had more than one. Not sure on the margarita. I'll have to go back and have both. I'll do it for the Fiends...who's with me?

Sweet!!!!!!!

I wonder how that hab margarita was compared to the one at Margarita Shack at DTD? Only regular salt there.

How did Bear like the Rye Beer?

Love it! Have enjoyed it before and it's always a good choice.

MD, I was all ready with pics of you lords a leaping, but I think you pretty much covered it. Good work.