TCD's February 2013 Limited Time Magic TR

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can anybody use these relief areas, or are they just for service dogs?

I finished your post Kim.

Dave has a memorable smile and besides if one listens to the wisdom of the FF they know to "stay off the damn buses." No one says avoid the photo pass photographers.

Hold on "Gene Gene the dancing machine", so you're saying that Gwen has blackmail material.

Does she have her drivers license? Does she like little red convertibles?

No she doesn't have her license. She could probably be bribed with expensive video equipment. But I still wouldn't let her post those. As much as this may surprise you, I can be very opinionated and offensive at times. :rofl3:

This is amazing.

I almost thought Dave's wig was a coonskin hat like Davy Crockett's.

After all, he does live in tennessee...

No she doesn't have her license. She could probably be bribed with expensive video equipment. But I still wouldn't let her post those. As much as this may surprise you, I can be very opinionated and offensive at times. :rofl3:

As an increasingly rare native of TN, let's remember that both Dave and Bob are transplants; and they are both opinionated and offensive at times. We don't care Tennesseans are nice to everyone....

My experience with most teenager-produced Youtube videos tells me that: (a) I don't find the same things funny that teens find funny, (b ) I am getting old, and (c ) we are doomed as a society when comedy has devolved into putting ice cream on our heads, falling down at Walmart and random dancing in public places.

Well there goes WWW...We need to find new activities.

Dave,

Just so you know, Jennifer made me do it. She said there was something wrong with me if I didn't.

I felt like Marty McFly when Biff called him chicken.

http://youtu.be/nW_ophKei7E

Funniest video ever!!! With that wig on, Dave would make a great wild womenz. :))

That wig was en FUEGO.

:rofl2:

Great update Andrew! And a MK rope drop to boot.

Wow, this is a fun report!

I'll respond to the comments, and then try for an update.

And thanks TCD for sticking up for me!

No problem. We may be fans of rival teams, but I respect a loyal fan. It took a lot for you to say no to your dad and go to the school that was best for you. I hope I've raised my daughters to believe they can do the same.

Just watched it again and it brings a smile to my face every time. I need to bookmark it.

I've watched that video some more too. I haven't gotten tired of it yet!

Rotflmao!!!

I've watched it 3 times now and it keeps getting funnier!

Agreed. There is a lot of funny stuff in that short video.

Now that I've watched it enough, I think that there's an extra girl in there instead of Emma. What's up with that?

What a fun hijack :)

You always have a great report.

Thanks.

It all started with a cone.

Let me start first start this comment with something that actually relates to the TR at hand...

I still can't understand why Michael Strahan is hosting a morning talk show with Kelly Ripa.

WTF?

Regardless, I'm interested to find out how the taping went.

I'm also interested to hear that the cinnamon roll at Gaston's was luke warm. So I guess us "screwing up" and getting one on Mainstreet last time wasn't that bad of a screw up after all.

I almost thought Dave's wig was a coonskin hat like Davy Crockett's.

After all, he does live in tennessee...

I agree with you, it's odd to see Michael as a co-host of a chick show. But the ladies love him! We almost convinced my 81 year old mother-in-law to come with us, because she's a huge Michael fan. She is glad Regis is gone.

For sure the Main Street cinnamon rolls were way, way better than Gaston's. There is no question that these Gaston's rolls are baked elsewhere and they store them in warming trays. No comparison.

LOL at the coon skin hat reference.

This made me rewatch the video, and this screen cap certainly supports your theory:

harlemstomp_zps22eebf6d.jpg

That wig Dave is wearing looks very similar to Tinkerbill's. And there we have it - the missing link we were looking for. Or at least more compelling evidence.

Interesting point.

Now that you mention it, I have never seen a photo of Dave and TinkerBill together.

Thank you for saying that. I thought it was a mauled coonskin hat too and couldn't figure out the wig references.

LOL.

Poor Dave.

I also have a dog named Sanford and will be attending the first and only concert to ever be held in Sanford Stadium in April. In all seriousness, we semi-regularly have 1 extra ticket because Z has one, and we don't bring him to night games. But for most minor games and some others, I get tickets offered to me all the time. And we have a rule in the RV tailgate lot... you only charge face value. The coonskin hat comment almost made me spit water on my computer.

There's never been a concet at Georgia's stadium?

Why not?

And who's going to be there in April?

Clery Act Summary

• Schools must publish an annual report disclosing campus security policies and three years worth of selected crime statistics.
  • Schools must make timely warnings to the campus community about crimes that pose an ongoing threat to students and employees.
  • Each institution with a police or security department must have a public crime log.
  • The U.S. Department of Education centrally collects and disseminates the crime statistics.
  • Campus sexual assault victims are assured of certain basic rights.
  • Schools that fail to comply can be fined by the DOE.

Hmmm.

Never heard of it.

But it seems like a good thing to require schools to report.

TCD

Good job Aaron. I've posted enough of Gwen's videos that I didn't figure that would be too hard to find. And don't bother trying to blackmail me...I lost any sense of embarrassment years ago. My theory on life is...I go with the flow and don't give a rip about what other people think. If it makes my girls happy, I'm ok with it. Even though I still have no idea what that whole harlem shake thing is about.

And yes, it is Norman Bates' mother's wig...part of a halloween costume we have.

Now...there are other videos Gwen has made that are NOT on youtube. Those would be blackmail material. Which is why they aren't on youtube. :rofl3:

Why in the world do you have a Psycho mom wig?

I can only imagine what videos there are that Gwen has not posted. You had better watch your step. It sounds like she has some good ammo.

We must make friends with INC.

INC is way out of Dave's league.

It is one of life's great mysteries.

Hold on "Gene Gene the dancing machine", so you're saying that Gwen has blackmail material.

Does she have her drivers license? Does she like little red convertibles?

A Gong Show reference!

Nice!

Wait a second . . .

Were you the unknown comic?

Hmmm.

An opening.

Expensive video equipment?

I say we take up a collection to buy Gwen something nice.

Then she can post the videos!

As an increasingly rare native of TN, let's remember that both Dave and Bob are transplants; and they are both opinionated and offensive at times. We don't care Tennesseans are nice to everyone....

While I always enjoy a Tennessee joke, I do have to admit that every person I have ever met from Tennessee has been very nice and amazingly normal.

Funniest video ever!!! With that wig on, Dave would make a great wild womenz. :))

:rofl2:

Great update Andrew! And a MK rope drop to boot.

There you go!

Don't send INC to WWW, send TinkerDave!

Epic idea!

TCD

I agree with you, it's odd to see Michael as a co-host of a chick show. But the ladies love him! We almost convinced my 81 year old mother-in-law to come with us, because she's a huge Michael fan. She is glad Regis is gone.

Not me. I've never even watched since he became host, but the reason is b/c I cannot stand Kelly, not him. I am sure he is a swell guy, but she is so awful I've never tuned in. She should have stuck to being a soap star, because she has zero talent. The only thing she has going for her is Mark Consuelos.

I liked Regis, and used to watch years ago when Kathie Lee was on the original show. She was annoying too, but not as much as Kelly.

I stopped watching the Today show when they ditched Ann Curry. Pretty much done with any TV before 9 pm, except HGTV and sports.

Not me. I've never even watched since he became host, but the reason is b/c I cannot stand Kelly, not him. I am sure he is a swell guy, but she is so awful I've never tuned in. She should have stuck to being a soap star, because she has zero talent. The only thing she has going for her is Mark Consuelos.

I liked Regis, and used to watch years ago when Kathie Lee was on the original show. She was annoying too, but not as much as Kelly.

I stopped watching the Today show when they ditched Ann Curry. Pretty much done with any TV before 9 pm, except HGTV and sports.

Well, I have since seen the Kelly and Michael show for the first time.

Remember how Seinfeld used to be the show about nothing?

Well, this one gives Seinfeld a run for the money in that department.

Apparently, Michael and Kelly just sit around and BS, and then they bring out a no-name guest and ask a few questions, and that's a wrap.

Really?

People watch this show?

Why?

TCD

Let's get this report back on track.

I had hoped to finish it this week, as there may be another trip to report on next week.

It's good to be TCD.

But, I'll tell you right now that this will be the last update I can do before the weekend.

I have to go someplace and do something we've never done before.

So, enjoy this update, and I'll be back on Monday.

If you get bored, watch that Dave video again.

Or, read Aaron's trip report. It's good!

So, it's still Monday morning.

We left Gaston's.

We had time for a quick ride on the Little Mermaid ride.

Great ride. Don't listen to Dave. It does not suck monkey butt.

Seriously.

Who are you going to believe?

Me?

Or a guy who dresses up like an old lady and dances to teenager music?

After LM, we headed out through the castle:

Feb2013132_zps3f1a6590.jpg

When we watched the recording of Kelly and Michael's show from Monday, we noticed that you could see people walking in and out of the castle in the background. If I had known that then, I would have waved. We looked at the recording, and the camera was not at the right angle at this moment. Otherwise, we would have been on TV.

Did you know that they're working on the Sleepy Hollow restaurant? Well, they are:

Feb2013133_zps30fdb706.jpg

It seems like something is always under wraps at the MK. I guess that's a good thing.

Have you ever wondered how they light up the castle like they do.

These are some of the lights:

Feb2013134_zps48604b3d.jpg

When we got back to the Town Square area, the live broadcast of the first show was still going on. If you look here, you can see a bunch of people huddled up. This was one of the families they chose to compete in the Family Face off game that they had in each of this week's shows. One of the ladies was just wearing a sports bra. it was kind of cold out. I haven't watched all of Monday's show. I wonder if she was on TV dressed like that? :

Feb2013135_zps113b3181.jpg

Also note in the photo above that you can see Michael up on the stage in a dark sweater. Remember that.

Last comment on that photo- look how the CM's are wearing gloves- it had been a cold morning and people were still bundled up.

From here, we exited the park, and the girls checked in to an area that they had set aside near the ferry boat dock for audience members for the next taping.

There was a lady here selling Kelly and Michael merchandise. She told me that she works for the show in NY, and was one of the staff members they brought here for the WDW visit:

Feb2013136_zps2041914e.jpg

I bought a Kelly and Michael mug for my mother-in-law. She really should have come with us.

So, the girls were checked in and would have to wait about an hour in this area before they would be seated for the show.

We only had two wristbands, so I couldn't wait with them.

What was I supposed to do?

What would you do?

Well, I went to the Fort.

I have this theory that if you need to go someplace in the Fort served by the Yellow bus route, you can get there quicker by taking the bus to the Lodge and then catching the Fort bus from there. That Fort bus becomes the Yellow bus once you arrive at the Fort. I think that is faster than taking the boat and then having to walk to the Settlement Bus Stop and wait for the Yellow bus.

So, instead of taking a boat to the Fort, I took the bus to the Lodge.

While I waited for the Fort bus, I got to watcht the blimp:

Feb2013137_zpsbdf6855d.jpg

Then the Fort bus came, and I rode it to the 1600-1900 bus stop.

Why?

I stopped by to say hello to the Wild Womenz.

And, I don't have a single photo to prove it.

But I was there.

And someone took a couple of photos.

Maybe those will surface some day.

I also got to see Grumpy and Grandma, who were just leaving the Wild Womenz encampment in their snazzy Richie cart.

Good to see you G & G!

And great to see all the Wild Womenz.

Man, they're wild.

I couldn't stay long- too much wildness.

So, I headed back.

This whole trip took about an hour and fifteen minutes.

When I got back to the MK, the twins had just been seated. Folks who had arrived after them were still being let in. Everybody had to show his wristband:

Feb2013138_zpsaa30a75f.jpg

It was pretty congested around there:

Feb2013139_zpsabbfe5cc.jpg

You can see everyone holding up wristbands in this photo:

Feb2013140_zpsaac7d5ca.jpg

My plan was to enter the park and try to find a place where I could watch the taping. I thought the train station would be a good place, or maybe one of the gaps between the bleachers.

They have made half of the entrance area of the MK into RFID readers, and the other half is still the old turnstiles. We had just renewed our AP's on this trip, and when I got our new passes, they were still the old paper tickets. I asked the CM if we could have something with an RFID chip in it so we could use the RFID readers and not have to wait at the turnstiles like regular slobs. She said sorry, but no. I said that stinks- there's never a line at the RFID readers. She said we could still use those. How, I asked. She said the CM's there have hand-held scanners for paper tickets. Did you know that? I didn't. I decided to check that out.

Here I am at the RFID reader:

Feb2013141_zps36dce54a.jpg

I showed one of the CM's there my paper ticket. He called over another CM who had something that looked like an iPhone. She scanned my ticket with it. No finger scan. And in I went.

So there's your free TCD tip of the day. If you have an AP, use the RFID line. It's faster. At least it will be until everyone else hears about this.

I had received a text from the girls telling me that they had good seats in the center bleachers, so I tried to look for them as I walked in:

Feb2013142_zps5e80e741.jpg

I couldn't see them. So I walked around and looked for another place that I could see in. There was an open rocking chair on Tony's porch, so I gave it a try. I was right behind the Goofy bench. Here's my view from there:

Feb2013143_zps383c8de4.jpg

I liked that spot, but I couldn't see much, so I decided to look for another location. I walked around the set again, and took this photo through one of the gaps. I think the guy you see standing in the foreground is Gellman, who is the producer of the show. You can also see that the Jesus jet showed up and was trying to get a message up in the sky for the taping. You can also see that the train station doesn't look too crowded, so I thought about heading up there. Last thing I wanted to point out in this photo is that the folks seated right behind the rail were introduced during the show as Kelly's parents:

Feb2013144_zps3ab74720.jpg

The first show today opened with a Beauty and the Beast song. This second show had the cast from the Festival of the Lion King:

Feb2013145_zps078e7faf.jpg

I walked around a little bit, and peeked through another opening:

Feb2013146_zps42b206d9.jpg

You can see the Jesus jet's writing in that photo. I don't have a photo of the finished message. Do you want to know what it said? It ended up saying Jesus Loves Kelly and Michael. Can you believe that? Kidding. I'm kidding. I didn't see what the finished message was. I'll go out on a limb and guess that the last word was "You."

So, I had walked around and looked in all the openings, but I still didn't spot the twins. I decided to just go back and sit in the rocking chair and see what I could of the taping.

As I walked back around, a bunch of CM's were swarming around trying to clear the sidewalk by the confectionary. Being the astute observer that I am, I figured that this meant something was about to happen. So, I hung out there for a minute. It looked like a group was being led out of the backstage area over by the new Fastpass machines:

Feb2013147_zpsbfa1507e.jpg

Hey look who it is- Michael! He has a different sweater on, too:

Feb2013148_zpsec94a546.jpg

I don't know who the CM is walking beside him, but he looks pretty tough, doesn't he?

Then I got a chance for a shot at both of the stars. Here you go, Kelly and Michael:

Feb2013149_zps2a611621.jpg

They stopped traffic on Main Street to let Kelly and Michael walk across to the set. That caused a big back-up:

Feb2013150_zps82bc3707.jpg

So, I still hadn't been able to spot the girls. And, it didn't look like I was going to be able to see them or much of the taping.

I decided to head over to Space Mountain and get us some Fastpasses for later.

I walked past the closed Main Street Bakery, may it rest in peace, and cut through the Tomorrowland Terrace. There is a sign on the Main Street Bakery door telling guests to come here for breakfast. If you do, this is what you might have to eat:

Feb2013151_zps11e2677c.jpg

Looks yummy, doesn't it?

How about now? :

Feb2013152_zps69f0e27d.jpg

What the Fort is that?

And who would want to eat it?

There was a line just to get Fastpasses:

Feb2013153_zpse9c7fbc9.jpg

The standby line said it was a 90 minute wait:

Feb2013154_zps61f710e2.jpg

Have you ever seen a photo of a blimp flying over metal palm trees?

Now you have:

Feb2013155_zps3fae15d1.jpg

On the way back, I decided to look at the Tomorrowland Terrace breakfast menu to see if I could figure out what that bowl of mush was. Here's what they serve for breakfast here:

Feb2013157_zps802a3319.jpg

No wonder it wasn't busy.

I headed back to check on the taping.

I still couldn't find the twins:

Feb2013158_zps4b6fd44f.jpg

I knew from texts from them that they were somewhere in the area of this photograph, but they must have been blocked by something.

I decided to head up to the Train Station. There weren't many people standing up there.

I found out why- they had it roped off, and just invited guests were being let out on the platform to look:

Feb2013159_zps77384ad5.jpg

Fail.

Back to the rocking chair!

I could actually see Michael from here-that's him in the center of this photo:

Feb2013161_zps58a9f519.jpg

I couldn't hear much, though.

Oh well.

This is a great spot for people watching.

Speaking of which, check out the two guys looking my way in this photo. What's up with them? Are they twins? What are they doing at the MK? And what the heck are they looking at? :

Feb2013162_zps53bdf92b.jpg

Aw nuts!

I'm at the photo limit.

I was just hitting my stride too.

And now you have to wait until Monday to hear about the guy who sat down next to me.

And to see the winner of the TCD Dress to Impress Award.

Until then . . .

TCD

I am definately "anti taping of stupid shows at WDW". Now I have not been there when a stupid show is being taped but it seems to me that I, or any other working slob, have paid good money to go to the MK and walk where ever my Disney loving heart desires. I don't need to be walking down Main Street and have my progress impeded so that some no talent hack can walk without having me in their precious way. There are enough foreigners doing that already. And if I want to go on the train station platform and get a picture, I should be able to do that. That is what I paid my hard earned cash to do. Has Disney decreased the price of my ticket that day to compensate me for my lost access to the park? Not likely. .

Now that I've watched it enough, I think that there's an extra girl in there instead of Emma. What's up with that?

Good catch. We usually have an extra cousin or friend in our home. So for anyone who thinks I live with 5 girls...it's typically more like 6 or 7, plus INC.

And you wonder how I ended up with a wig on my head....

INC is way out of Dave's league.

It is one of life's great mysteries.

Coming from the man who is the leading expert on marrying up.

That's the dude that normally is in charge of guarding Walt's frozen head. You missed your opportunity to steal it while unattended.

And what the heck does a retired defensive end need a bodyguard for??

That is a good question.

However, he is a retired defensive end with a lisp co-hosting a chick show with the equivalent of a Barbie doll.

Some may take offense to that.

Did you get a load of that watch? Or is it even a watch? He has huge arms, and it still looks way too big to be a watch. It looks like he has an iPad strapped to his wrist!

He could just use that thing as a weapon…..

I'm not sure where it was, but somewhere I read that the Gaston cinnamon rolls are made at the Main Street Bakery and taken to Gaston's without icing. Then, they are iced in the maple there. If it's true, that explains why they're cold. Could they still be baking there while closed?

I'm not sure why there has never been a concert in Sanford Stadium, but there will be in April. It's Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan, both are from GA. Rumors are swirling that there will be several special guests as well. We're taking DD16 (but will turn 17 the day before), a friend, and the motorhome.

INC is way out of Dave's league. It is one of life's great mysteries.

No mystery, as the song goes, if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, make a schmuck faced knucklehead part of your life.

A Gong Show reference! Nice!

Thank, I wasn't sure if anyone would pick up on that.

Wait a second . ..Were you the unknown comic?

I wish, but they couldn't find a bag big enough to fit over my head.