AC's Fort/Bay Lake Tower February 2013 Trip Report

Sometimes you can just look at people and tell they are DB's. That guy is one of them. I bet there are a lot of people (neighbors, coworkers, his wife's friends) who think he's a DB too. What a way to go thru life.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to whip my iPad out in Gettysburg and block stuff just so everyone feels like they are in Disney :) I may bring Adam's stroller and ram it into people too!

Aaron, remind me when we meet in person someday to whack you over the head with an iPad.

I was going to ask the same question! LOL. Looking forward to Date Night Pood Forn. As much as I agree with you on the Boneyard...Anna says we are both wrong and that the place rocks.

Sometimes you can just look at people and tell they are DB's. That guy is one of them. I bet there are a lot of people (neighbors, coworkers, his wife's friends) who think he's a DB too. What a way to go thru life.

You are right, but stop trying to get back on topic.

I am opposed to thread hijacks. Now lets talk about something really important, like beer.

WTG for teaching your daughter to handle the DB!!!

Thanks. The 20-year old in me wanted to handle it a different way but the 37 year old daddy in me won out.

DB! I have to say I glad I don't have kids. Any of the DB's I have read lately messing with mine would result in very bad things.

DB's all be damned.

Oh, and I can't wait to see more BLT pics!!!!

Coming up shortly.

Looking forward to BLT pics!

I am gonna try to get an update done before DS's basketball game.

Awesome DTD fun!!! Can't WAIT to see the inside of BLT!!! (not the sandwich) :)

It was fun except for the DB, but then I made it fun by pissing him off and following him around.

You are clearly not a DB or Jackwagon as you take responsibility for your actions. An accident happened and being the man you were clearly raised to be you called Curt letting him know. Now clearly the DB at DTD either was not raised with the same high standards you were or he was and did not pay attention . The question is will his children follow in his footsteps? I hope and pray the answer is, "No!"

Thanks and you are probably right.

We love DTD. Earl of Sandwich has been our arrival go-to meal from the first trip. We used to do Rose & Crown our first full day dinner, but after last time, we are going to make a new tradition. I love the tuna melt myself, but if the Thanksgiving turkey sandwich is there, I'm getting that instead.

You can never be spit upon by Stitch too many times. My boys are older and they still like it. Weirdos.

Sorry about the DB at the Lego store. I'm not fond of that place. I still watch my kid [eldest has outgrown it] like a hawk to make sure no one messes with them.

Looking forward to BLT photos.

EOS was great. I could definitely see us hitting that again next trip. Quick, easy, and good.

I like Stitch the character but not the ride. I was having fun watching him spit on the kids. He is also one of the best meet and greet characters in my opinion. He seems to have a lot of fun messing with people.

You sure had your share of DB encounters on this trip.

Way more than I can remember on any other WDW trip. It was a bit disconcerting actually. I think it is a society as a whole thing though; not a WDW thing. Just rude people and they are everywhere now. I spoke to my parents about these incidents and they never saw anything like these incidents in all the trips we took as kids.

Man, I fell behind and will never remember all the things I want to comment on.

But, I do remember the early, early morning photo tour of the Fort. Excellent.

And the Clemson lid. Nice. I hope Genia sees that.

Looking forward to all the BLT photos you got.

TCD

You are allowed to fall behind when you are taking trips to supply us with more TCD TRs.

I'm going to dispute that. My South Jersey family all call them subs. And it is... Atlantic City Sub Shop and White House Subs.

You did a lot of exploring in that 90 minutes with your son! Love the early morning pics too.

What a DB in the Lego store! You handled it well. I love them pic where he clearly knows you're taking pictures of him.

Thanks. That was my favorite too.

I'm really more of Philly than South jersey. I would go to subway to order a hoagie lol.

Actually, I wouldn't go to Subway because we have better places than that but its hoagies for us.

Subs

Hoagies here in Delaware and can you believe they want to put mayo on them :barf:

Subs

Whew! Caught up.

I was having trouble keeping up w/ this one……it's so good!

First of all, adorable family. Sweet kids. The way you describe your son he sounds a lot like my oldest.

Those cookies look incredible. Bet they were delis!

We're also Tomorrowland Speedway fans……we're a dying breed aren't we?

Where did you get that potato salad in the burger photo? Man it looks good!

I have more comments but will save them for another post!

Thanks. TS is awesome except they clearly don't have the running order correct on the tower. 88, 48, and 18 are supposed to be at the top. Clearly they don't know that the Fiends know where they work.

Gross.

Gotta have mayo on my subs. Isn't it funny how tastes are different around the country?

Nice job Aaron...this is at least the 2nd major hijack of this report. First the Tennessee River one, and now the Sub/Hoagie/Grinder/whatever one.

Mayo is not bad, but I only like a smidge.

?

I am honored there have been some good hijacks. Now why has FWG's beer discussion not taken off?

Same here, can't stand mustard or horseradish

I like the horseradish cheese spread at the Frankenmuth Cheese Haus. Try it. You'll like it.

Unnm, doesn't everyone? Except my DH, but he's anti mayo/salad dressing in any shape or form.

Sounds like a man who knows what he likes and doesn't like. My kind of person.

Agreed

You are right, but stop trying to get back on topic.

I have a feeling....

I am opposed to thread hijacks. Now lets talk about something really important, like beer.

......yup, I was right.

or Kungaloosh :)

I have never had this "kungaloosh". That needs to be remedied......soon.

Aaron, I just caught the part where you called us your fiendish ones. Made me giggle.

I try to entertain where I can. ;)

This is one of my favorite photos... You need to make this poster size and when she goes off to college give it to her.

That is a good idea. It's funny how I can be upset with her and then she gives me a smile or look like that and I can't be mad at her anymore. DS does not have that get out of jail free card in his repertoire. That must suck for him.

When you're right, you're right, John.

Thanks Lou.

Enjoying your trip, can't wait to see BLT. We have never been in there. I love seeing Disney the way kids the age of yours see it. Getting spit on over and over again is one of life's simple pleasures.

Disney with kids has been very enjoyable. It is fun watching them have so much fun.

That is a good idea. It's funny how I can be upset with her and then she gives me a smile or look like that and I can't be mad at her anymore. DS does not have that get out of jail free card in his repertoire. That must suck for him.

DH said our DS is kind of like a sour patch kid. Sour than sweet. Lol.

Entering our room at Bay Lake Tower:

Feb2013DisneyTrip626_zps21be2c0e.jpg

Straight ahead/left from front door:

Feb2013DisneyTrip627_zps0d3e106b.jpg

Looking left from foyer (storage closet and lock-off from next room):

Feb2013DisneyTrip628_zps3d10984c.jpg

Bathroom on right from foyer:

Feb2013DisneyTrip629_zps88d7cf9c.jpg

Laundry closet across from bathroom:

Feb2013DisneyTrip630_zpsfc5818cb.jpg

Continuing past bathroom and laundry closet:

Feb2013DisneyTrip631_zpsd023fb44.jpg

Above dining table:

Feb2013DisneyTrip632_zps3f2305b9.jpg

Looking left into kitchen area:

Feb2013DisneyTrip633_zpse89173cb.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip634_zpsc54a9265.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip635_zps9d3a1de8.jpg

Living area:

Feb2013DisneyTrip636_zpse2e9e34f.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip637_zps020df0a6.jpg

Door to balcony:

Feb2013DisneyTrip638_zps54fc17bf.jpg

More living area pics:

Feb2013DisneyTrip639_zps75aff323.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip640_zps5dfcb6ce.jpg

Views from living area window:

Feb2013DisneyTrip641_zpsfebb954c.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip642_zps65d372aa.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip643_zps08094f7e.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip644_zpsf9ac230c.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip645_zps5ab4cdf3.jpg

Dining area:

Feb2013DisneyTrip646_zpsd46114d6.jpg

Moving from Main room into master bedroom with master bathroom ahead:

Feb2013DisneyTrip647_zps18ee8c36.jpg

Turning left into master bedroom:

Feb2013DisneyTrip648_zps8324be43.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip649_zps0553755f.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip650_zpsbbce6682.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip651_zps8e7de752.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip652_zpsfa8298d7.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip662_zps40d47fbb.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip663_zpscdff4848.jpg

Limit---continued in next post

Feb2013DisneyTrip664_zps46be1b26.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip665_zpsa4a4ecad.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip666_zps77d09367.jpg

Inside storage room near foyer:

Feb2013DisneyTrip667_zpsaa302ebe.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip668_zps1c46600a.jpg

Inside kitchen cabinets:

Feb2013DisneyTrip669_zps817abc73.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip670_zps4b4896a7.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip672_zpsa5e195ea.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip673_zps90f4fea8.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip674_zps8d01ead0.jpg

Views from Balcony.......

Looking straight out:

Feb2013DisneyTrip653_zpseebccbd5.jpg

Straight out/zoomed:

Feb2013DisneyTrip656_zpse05fc5bd.jpg

Looking slight right:

Feb2013DisneyTrip655_zps587e571c.jpg

Looking right:

Feb2013DisneyTrip654_zpsaf2e45df.jpg

Looking left:

Feb2013DisneyTrip658_zpsefaf9ef3.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip659_zps045af591.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip660_zpsc8691583.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip661_zps8689558d.jpg

One way when you get off elevator on our floor:

Feb2013DisneyTrip675_zps945d32c5.jpg

IMG_2788_zpsba9b2ff7.jpg

Looking opposite direction......the way we walked from elevator toward our room:

IMG_2786_zps2d850be0.jpg

That's enough Bay Lake Tower for now......tonight we would be headed back to the Magic Kingdom.

We had a mission to make our way to see a flying pachyderm under the stars and to let DD listen and hopefully take part in a classic story.

Very nice looking space.

It is nice. We like it, but we may try a different place next time we use points.

Very nice! That place is beautiful. And what a view for the fireworks! Is that the resort you own in? Did you guys visit the special lounge on the top level? And when are you inviting the Fiends for a party at that lounge?

We have not been to the lounge. We have said we were going to, but always end up in the parks or somewhere else. It is still on the "to do" list.

sweet room pics

Thanks Nicki