Rumor: New Epcot Attraction?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The original theme for Future World was well though out. 8 Pavilions for Life, Sea, Land/Food, Energy, Transportation, Communication, and IMHO the two most important and forward thinking: Imagination,

Epcot could be improved exponentially by the installation of a Peoplemover that goes around the entire lake, with stops near Test Track, Innoventions, International Gateway, America, and China or Norw

I actually like Epcot. Illuminations is my favorite firework show and I enjoy the pavilions. Other than Spaceship Earth and Soarin', though, I can't tell you the last time I didn't hurry through futur

I'd be happy if they would just clean the lens on the camera at Soarin'.  Disney spends all of that money for the smells, the breeze, the shaking of the ride when the fireworks go off, just to have a piece of dust the size of a watermelon float by or better yet, get hung right in the field of view on the screen...  They might as well just turn the movie into a black and white Roy Rogers film....

...and it doesn't seem to matter which side of Soarin' you ride...that big piece of lint is there. Wouldn't you think someone would take the initiative to clean it or is initiative a bad word at WDW?

Epcot could be improved exponentially by the installation of a Peoplemover that goes around the entire lake, with stops near Test Track, Innoventions, International Gateway, America, and China or Norway.  It would be both an attraction and a mode of transporation.  After 9 pm they could operate adults-only booze cruises, where you could drink and watch Illuminations.

Great minds.

Epcot could be improved exponentially by the installation of a Peoplemover that goes around the entire lake, with stops near Test Track, Innoventions, International Gateway, America, and China or Norway.  It would be both an attraction and a mode of transporation.  After 9 pm they could operate adults-only booze cruises, where you could drink and watch Illuminations. 

I don't care what Lou says, Dave - you are a genius.

I actually told Bella the other day that I bet there is a Phineas and Ferb rollercoaster in Epcot before she graduates. She's six, so they can think about it awhile. But that's my vote.

Works for me!

I'm pretty sure this is becoming a Starbucks soon, right?

I'd like to see them at least leave what's there and add an attraction in WoL pavilion. There needs to be something to pull crowds from TT and Soarin. 

Only if you're gullible and believe the two knuckleheads on here that keep saying that.

I just checked. And the walls are already up and Fountain View is closed.

Brent-

Don't listen to Lou.

The rumors are true. Starbucks is taking over a prime spot in each of the parks.

And it doesn't stop there. I heard that after the new Starbucks are up and running, work will begin on the rehab of the Wonders of Life pavilion.  It will be rethemed and reopen as Wonders of Caffeine.  The sponsor is currently not named- I think they are holding out for the highest bidder among Starbucks, Joffrey's and Necafe'.

TCD

Brent-

Don't listen to Lou.

The rumors are true. Starbucks is taking over a prime spot in each of the parks.

And it doesn't stop there. I heard that after the new Starbucks are up and running, work will begin on the rehab of the Wonders of Life pavilion.  It will be rethemed and reopen as Wonders of Caffeine.  The sponsor is currently not named- I think they are holding out for the highest bidder among Starbucks, Joffrey's and Necafe'.

TCD

I actually think that is a good idea. 

Wow! Epcot has always been my favorite park. It is out dated in a lot of areas. But my wife and I enjoy the ambiance more than anything. We like to turn the kids loose at whatever park they want and then we make a leisure day out of Epcot and spend some very needed time with each other. We like to slowly make our way around and snack on different tastes from the different countries. We then finish up the day sharing a funnel cake and sitting on the steps at Japan and watching illuminations.

I would SO be down with that.  But not because I like The Land.  It's because I'm making a calculated guess that a Fiend cruise would involve copious amounts of alcohol. 

...and hysterical laughter.  8)

...work will begin on the rehab of the Wonders of Life pavilion.  It will be rethemed and reopen as Wonders of Caffeine. 

I could seriously use the Wonders of Caffeine right now!

Epcot is my favorite park too.  Well, let me rephrase that, World Showcase at Epcot is my favorite.  FW needs a MAJOR overall (sounds like most of us agree with that) and I tend to walk my way through it to get to World Showcase.  I love the Candlelight Processional and the feeling that you are traveling around the world in one day without actually leaving the country.  Just my two cents....

I could be way behind the curve here, but I haven't heard this one before today.  Has anyone else heard the rumor that they are changing the cabins at the Fort and some will have two bedrooms? :thinking-smiley:

Not only are you behind the curve, but not for the reason you think, you're also on the wrong thread.

What the heck do Fort cabins have to do with a new attraction at Epcot?

• 9 months later...

IMO it would not take a great deal of effort to retheme the existing Maelstrom into a Frozen ride.  The boats could start like at the beginning of the movie, with the Frozen Heart song being sung.  The trolls can stay....just more of them and friendlier.  Add Olaf, and then the part where you go up, they could replace the bear with the snow monster guarding Elsa's castle.  Then down the big hill and at the bottom they could turn it into a final scene celebration.