It's The End of the World as We Know It-The TCD Gang's Last Fort Trip (BC)

Yes, I left our car in the AoA parking lot.

He didn't say there was a time limit.

Did we break a rule?

Not any that I am aware of.

If you posted that you left your car at a resort and went to a park on any of the legit WDW websites like WDWMagic or the DisBoards, you'd be drawn and quartered. Do they ever get upset over there. I'll apologize in advance to anyone on here that may be a DPRN, Disney Parking Rules Nazi. They seem to think that they own WDW and must enforce the sacred DIsney rules. No one on here cares. Another reason that FF.Net is different and better than the other sites.

I have yet to see a car being towed because they overstayed the 3 hour parking limit. I've heard of, but have never seen the very illusive 3 hour parking permit that the DPRN says are given to those who park at the resorts.

I and thousands of others do it all the time and have never had an issue.

If and when a resort doesn't want non resort guests parking there, they put signs out. Even then, they let you in.

So you probably did break a Disney rule, and should put yourself under Disney house arrest.

Turn yourself into the nearest Disney jail ASAP. 

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, TCD and I met in person right in line for TSM!! It was a highlight of my trip!!! I am not kidding, it truly was!!! Four weeks prior to that trip, I had been a healthy "normal" 44 year old lady. I

This thread is a weird combination of a Hallmark channel movie and a tissue commercial. I'm going to go watch monster trucks or something. Then hug my kids and forbid them to grow up.

Do my eyes deceive me? Did I actually make page 1 on a TCD report??

If you posted that you left your car at a resort and went to a park on any of the legit pompous, self-absorbed, and thinking they are legit WDW websites like WDWMagic or the DisBoards, you'd be drawn and quartered. Do they ever get upset over there. I'll apologize in advance to anyone on here that may be a DPRN, Disney Parking Rules Nazi. They seem to think that they own WDW and must enforce the sacred DIsney rules. No one on here cares. Another reason that FF.Net is different and better than the other sites.

I have yet to see a car being towed because they overstayed the 3 hour parking limit. I've heard of, but have never seen the very illusive 3 hour parking permit that the DPRN says are given to those who park at the resorts.

If and when a resort doesn't want non resort guests parking there, they put signs out. Even then, they let you in.

So you probably did break a Disney rule, and should put yourself under Disney house arrest.

I corrected your post. 

If you posted that you left your car at a resort and went to a park on any of the legit WDW websites like WDWMagic or the DisBoards, you'd be drawn and quartered. Do they ever get upset over there. I'll apologize in advance to anyone on here that may be a DPRN, Disney Parking Rules Nazi. They seem to think that they own WDW and must enforce the sacred DIsney rules. No one on here cares. Another reason that FF.Net is different and better than the other sites.

I have actually had one of those very illusive 3 hour parking permits. About 6 years ago we took niece, MIL and SIL to Chef Mickey's for a birthday breakfast. Gate guard handed us the permit and said 3 hour limit!

About a year and a half ago 5 of us went on the train tour, parked at the Contemporary and no pass and the car stayed in the lot all day.

I have actually had one of those very illusive 3 hour parking permits. About 6 years ago we took niece, MIL and SIL to Chef Mickey's for a birthday breakfast. Gate guard handed us the permit and said 3 hour limit!

About a year and a half ago 5 of us went on the train tour, parked at the Contemporary and no pass and the car stayed in the lot all day.

The MK resorts, especially the Contemporary, due to it's closeness to MK, and including the Fort, will restrict parking and post signs at certain times of the year. 

Some of the Epcot resorts will too, especially during the Food & Wine Festival, Flower & Garden Festival, and Candlelight Processional.

I park there anyway. Up yours DPRN.

The ordering food online is a new program WDW is trying. Guests at select resorts (aka Deluxe Resorts) can place their food orders at select restaurants and what time they want to eat. They then simply show up and sit down and their food is brought to them. Its like a FP for your lunch. They do not wait inline like the rest of us schmucks and they don't wait on their food, its ready when they arrive. They pick up the yellow rose at the booth outside before you cross the bridge. I have heard of the program, but this is the first time I have seen it used. Its a part of the MyMagic+ system, along with the parade FP, and Fireworks FP.

Finally caught up!  Great trip report so far!  

We were at BOG last week, and I thought it was great, but then again I had the turkey sandwich!  It did take a bit to arrange for a highchair which I thought was odd since it is a Disney restaurant..  So, I can understand the concern for follow up once you receive your meal.  That line was darn hot for us too.

Good luck and congrats to Twin #2!

While the servers don't come and check on you after they bring your order, condiments are available. You have to ask one of the CS that are watching the room usually around the drink bar. They have them in little square bowls but you have to ask for them.

:jumpforjoy:  I get page 32 Bragging Rights!!!  Yay me!!! :jumpforjoy:

I got in way too late and am not even going to try to comment except to say this....

Lil H would explode from the excitement of being at WDW during Star Wars Weekend!  

and this.....

My guess is the Ariel shower curtain was almost equal to a semester's tuition. :))

and this....

SCORE on the campsite!  It is actually one of my fave's and I have campsite envy whenever we are at the Fort.

There are many comments that I need to respond to before we move on.

But, I need to sidetrack just a bit.

We made the round trip to Tallahassee yesterday.

We wanted to be at Twin #2's dorm for rope drop, so that meant a 4 am departure time.

Yes 4 am.

225 miles and a couple of potty breaks and a stop at Chick-Fil-A later, here we were at 8:40 am:

FSU61913001_zpsb7b907ae.jpg

The pile of stuff closest to the camera is Twin #2's.  All of that had to be moved up to the very top floor of this:

FSU61913003_zps036f4c30.jpg

The twins hung out in the room while Mrs. TCD and I made like pack mules:

FSU61913004_zps134673d6.jpg

Actually, it was not bad at all.

We've done this a few times before, so we knew the drill.

Unlike a lot of folks who didn't make rope drop and had to haul their stuff a long way.

I meant to take before and after photos, but I forgot to take photos of the room before we began the magic transformation.  This is kind of a before photo of Twin #2's bed:

FSU61913005_zps7fc05078.jpg

Here is that official Art of Animation shower curtain ready for action:

FSU61913009_zps99764de0.jpg

Here's the first after photo of Twin #2's bed:

FSU61913010_zpsc2758993.jpg

And this is her desk:

FSU61913012_zps3a2f5498.jpg

I'm not sure where the books will go, but nobody asked for my opinion.

This is the fridge/microwave department:

FSU61913014_zps7fd8ea06.jpg

And this is Twin #2's side of the room after we were done:

FSU61913017_zps474e01ca.jpg

Then we loaded up and repeated the process.

Wasn't bad at all.

I will get back to the trip report now.

TCD

Wow nice job. How does she climb up on that bed. I guess it is so high to give the storage space underneath.  Nice tree mural. only thing I see she needs (beside book storage)  is a desk lamp so she can work at night and not disturb roommate.

Hello,  I have been MIA for at least a year and a half.  I went to Disney in June/July 2011 and even met you while I was there.  Then I came home made a trip report.  Life got busy and I forgot to come back.  Here's one of the reason's life got busy.  Chase was born in August last year.005_zps76e0df42.jpg

My neighbor just got back from staying in a cabin at the Fort so I decided to come see how things were doing here.  And of course the first trip report I see is yours. :)  And then I read it-took me 5 days- and it made me teary.  Kids grow up way too quickly.  My oldest is 11 and my daughter who turned 6 when we were at Disney will now be 8 in a couple of weeks.  She is already starting to forget our Disney trip. :(

Congratulations to your daughters. :)  I love the dorm room and the expensive Ariel shower curtain. 

So let's see if I can remember what I wanted to say.

My big kids sat with me while we looked at the Star Wars parade pics.  They could name every character.  I guess that makes them Star Wars geeks.  We are finally going to have a return trip in May/June 2015. I wanted to come next year but I don't think Disney will be much fun with a 1 almost 2 year old. Anyway, I wasn't planning on doing a Star Wars weekend especially after seeing your crowd pics but maybe I will plan on spending two days at DHS so my geeks can see the Star Wars stuff.  That's a long way off so no need to think about it now.  

My son enjoyed the 7 minute video so you made at least one person happy by posting it. :)

And my best friend has an rv with a bathroom door like that.  She loves it.  She has 3 young kids so its nice for them to not track dirt in through the whole rv just to use the restroom. She's planning a Disney trip for the same time we are.  I am trying to convince her to come camp at the Fort but she thinks gas from Oklahoma to there will be way too much.  We have two years to save so maybe I can get her on board. 

I am sure I had more to say but I can't seem to remember it.  I am going to try and stay around so I can read more trip reports.  Summer is easy for me but I homeschool the oldest one so that makes it a bit tough to keep up during the school year but I will try. :)

Brandy

OK, let's get caught up, and then we can move on and maybe get this report finished.

Huh....that is interesting.  The sign clearly says "Starbucks Fresh Roasted Coffee".  It does not say "Main Street Bakery, Featuring Starbucks Fresh Roasted Coffee".  With the wording they chose for those signs, one would think that maybe this is not just a remodeled MSB which now serves Starbucks coffee....but rather is a full blown Starbucks. 

Do they still serve the MSB cinnamon rolls?? 

I haven't seen it yet, but I think it is a full blown Starbucks.  No baking goes on in there anymore. 

Do they still serve MSB cinnamon rolls?  Lou said that they would and that people were getting riled up over nothing, so I'm sure they still serve them.  The Disney Park Blog assured us that our favorite bakery selections would remain, so I'm sure the cinnamon buns are still there.  They wouldn't dare take those away.  People might get a tad upset if they did that.  And Disney never lets their guests get upset over things like this.

Ok. So now I feel like cryin for you and Mrs TCD. And maybe for the Twin too

As noted above, the move-in happened.  And no tears were shed.  There was a plot twist.

Good luck tomorrow to Twin #2 (and to her parents).  :hugs2:

Thank you.  Everything ended up going great.

Starbucks and Satan both SMBP.

Amen.

Yes, its amazing how much false information is perpetuated on other sites.

Disney Jail?

I might like that.

There was a time when there was such a thing as a three hour pass, and I have received them too.  But, it has been years since I have seen one.

The MK resorts, especially the Contemporary, due to it's closeness to MK, and including the Fort, will restrict parking and post signs at certain times of the year. 

Some of the Epcot resorts will too, especially during the Food & Wine Festival, Flower & Garden Festival, and Candlelight Processional.

I park there anyway. Up yours DPRN.

On the other hand, I have been twice turned away from the Polynesian parking lot during busy times (once was New Year's Eve morning, and the other was July 4th) even though I had a resort ID, and really did plan on going in to the quick serve restaurant.  The guards had printed lists of guests with dining reservations as well as the names of guests expected to check in that day.  Only the guests on those lists were allowed in to park.

The ordering food online is a new program WDW is trying. Guests at select resorts (aka Deluxe Resorts) can place their food orders at select restaurants and what time they want to eat. They then simply show up and sit down and their food is brought to them. Its like a FP for your lunch. They do not wait inline like the rest of us schmucks and they don't wait on their food, its ready when they arrive. They pick up the yellow rose at the booth outside before you cross the bridge. I have heard of the program, but this is the first time I have seen it used. Its a part of the MyMagic+ system, along with the parade FP, and Fireworks FP.

Great information, Devores!

It is awesome having CM's participate on this site.

This component of the MyMagic+ system is more evidence that I will hate this system when it is implemented.  Guests from the Deluxe Resorts get whisked right in to the restaurant while the regular schmucks have to roast in the heat?  No big deal if it's just one family.  But what if it's 10?  Or 20?  Or more?  That could easily equate to an additional half hour or more of wait time for the schmucks in line.

Good luck tomorrow!!!!

Since it's only $2 more, I might just let Z order off the adult's menu for lunch if he wants to. Although, he eats a lot of that stuff on the kids' menu.

That is probably exactly what Disney wants you to do.

More money for them.

Finally caught up!  Great trip report so far!  

We were at BOG last week, and I thought it was great, but then again I had the turkey sandwich!  It did take a bit to arrange for a highchair which I thought was odd since it is a Disney restaurant..  So, I can understand the concern for follow up once you receive your meal.  That line was darn hot for us too.

Good luck and congrats to Twin #2!

Thanks.

Everybody seems to really like that turkey sandwich.

TCD

Do they still serve MSB cinnamon rolls?  Lou said that they would and that people were getting riled up over nothing, so I'm sure they still serve them.  The Disney Park Blog assured us that our favorite bakery selections would remain, so I'm sure the cinnamon buns are still there.  They wouldn't dare take those away.  People might get a tad upset if they did that.  And Disney never lets their guests get upset over things like this.

You're right.  I think I am getting upset over nothing.  They would never take those cinnamon rolls away, or completely change a beloved institution like the MSB just to sign a big contract with a company like Starbucks for huge bucks, so I have been worried for no reason.  Right? 

Yes, Lou.  I am aware the horse is already dead. 

:beathorse:

Awwww. I'll cry with you. TCD without a twin. :(

Jody loved the braised pork. I think next time I'm ordering the fish off the kids menu.

Kids had the fancy French ham and cheese last time. They liked it.

It was all good- no crying.  As with many things in life, the things we sometime dread end up being fun.

That grilled ham and cheese is good!  I've had it before.  They make a better one at the new quick serve in France in Epcot, if you're ever out that way an want a grilled ham and cheese.

While the servers don't come and check on you after they bring your order, condiments are available. You have to ask one of the CS that are watching the room usually around the drink bar. They have them in little square bowls but you have to ask for them.

I have seen CM's standing around keeping an eye on things on previous visits, but not this one.  There was a CM assigned to each of the drink machines, but they were focuses solely on deciding to wipe things down and blocking access to the machines right as each guest approached.

:jumpforjoy:  I get page 32 Bragging Rights!!!  Yay me!!! :jumpforjoy:

I got in way too late and am not even going to try to comment except to say this....

Lil H would explode from the excitement of being at WDW during Star Wars Weekend!  

and this.....

My guess is the Ariel shower curtain was almost equal to a semester's tuition. :))

and this....

SCORE on the campsite!  It is actually one of my fave's and I have campsite envy whenever we are at the Fort.

Way to go!!!

Page 32 bragging rights!!!

Nice!

If there is any way you can swing it, y'all need to get Lil' H to DHS for a Star Wars weekend.  That would be really awesome.

Just saw this. I am sorry TCD, I feel your pain. It goes so fast! Her dorm room looks great!

Thanks.  So far, there has been no pain.

It is a happy and exciting time for the twins.

It will be a little while before reality sets in.

Ah, the joys of moving in day... brings back memories.  :)

Really nice job on the room!

Thanks.

The move-in day does not bring back memories for me.  Back in my day, parents didn't do this.  I loaded my own crap in my own crappy car and went to college.  That was it.

Wow nice job. How does she climb up on that bed. I guess it is so high to give the storage space underneath.  Nice tree mural. only thing I see she needs (beside book storage)  is a desk lamp so she can work at night and not disturb roommate.

LOL!

You are right- she had to use the chair from the desk to get in and out of bed.  The beds are adjustable, but putting them on the highest setting is what the cool kids do.  It does provide a ton of storage area under the bed.

A desk lamp for working at night?

Now that is a good one!

Nice room.  Now I want to cry. 

The room is very nice.

There was no crying though.

So, don't you go and cry either.

Great job getting everything moved in.  It looks so much nicer than I thought a dorm room could.

can't spell.

Thanks.  The FSU dorms are pretty nice.  Not as nice as some that was saw at UCF, but much nicer than what the UF kids have to live in.  Much to Twin #1's dismay.

I agree.  It looks really nice! 

Yes.  That is one nice (and expensive) dorm room.  I guarantee that there is no shower curtain as expensive as the Ariel shower curtain in the TCD home.

TCD

Hello,  I have been MIA for at least a year and a half.  I went to Disney in June/July 2011 and even met you while I was there.  Then I came home made a trip report.  Life got busy and I forgot to come back.  Here's one of the reason's life got busy.  Chase was born in August last year.005_zps76e0df42.jpg

My neighbor just got back from staying in a cabin at the Fort so I decided to come see how things were doing here.  And of course the first trip report I see is yours. :)  And then I read it-took me 5 days- and it made me teary.  Kids grow up way too quickly.  My oldest is 11 and my daughter who turned 6 when we were at Disney will now be 8 in a couple of weeks.  She is already starting to forget our Disney trip. :(

Congratulations to your daughters. :)  I love the dorm room and the expensive Ariel shower curtain. 

So let's see if I can remember what I wanted to say.

My big kids sat with me while we looked at the Star Wars parade pics.  They could name every character.  I guess that makes them Star Wars geeks.  We are finally going to have a return trip in May/June 2015. I wanted to come next year but I don't think Disney will be much fun with a 1 almost 2 year old. Anyway, I wasn't planning on doing a Star Wars weekend especially after seeing your crowd pics but maybe I will plan on spending two days at DHS so my geeks can see the Star Wars stuff.  That's a long way off so no need to think about it now.  

My son enjoyed the 7 minute video so you made at least one person happy by posting it. :)

And my best friend has an rv with a bathroom door like that.  She loves it.  She has 3 young kids so its nice for them to not track dirt in through the whole rv just to use the restroom. She's planning a Disney trip for the same time we are.  I am trying to convince her to come camp at the Fort but she thinks gas from Oklahoma to there will be way too much.  We have two years to save so maybe I can get her on board. 

I am sure I had more to say but I can't seem to remember it.  I am going to try and stay around so I can read more trip reports.  Summer is easy for me but I homeschool the oldest one so that makes it a bit tough to keep up during the school year but I will try. :)

Brandy

Brandy-

Thank you so much for posting!

Congratulations on the new addition to your family, Chase is awful cute!

As I've already mentioned a couple of times, we didn't have any tears yesterday.  Twin #2 is excited about school, and she ended up getting a really nice dorm room, so she is pumped!  Nothing to be sad about there.  We all reach milestones with our families, and the more I've reached, the more I realize that while things change-sometimes drastically, our family is still our family, and there are plenty more good times to come.  They will be different good times than we've had before, that's for sure, but they will still be good.

I'm glad to hear that there is a plan return to WDW off in the distance.  That is a way off, but I think you're right about it being better to let the little one get a bit older before that first visit.

I hope that you have a great summer and post on a few threads around here.

TCD