If this whole FP+ is still in a test phase, which it is, they should not have gotten rid of the old fast pass system. But I guess they will have to see how everything reacts when ALL guest are using the FP+ system. I think that now the old machines are gone from a parks, you will definately see more issues with less windows of opportunity to change ride times. As I stated earlier they should have never have the option to switch times. The old system you couldn't and it was one less problem to deal with. Again, the tier thing should be the biggest worry for out of towners who only do 1 park per trip

You made your own point. They could not get a true test because even though testers were asked not to use legacy FPs during the test, they still did. So a true account could not be tested. So, they had to get rid of the temptation all together in order to accurately test how the system as a whole will work out.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

This was just posted to Orlando Attractions Magazine...

http://attractionsmagazine.com/disney-world-passholders-starting-receive-magicbands/

Interesting.

I haven't received my invitation yet.  I wonder if I'll get one, since I already have two sets of MB's and I'm about to receive a third.

I am going to guess no.

So no AP slider for my MB's.

That's OK, I'm still waiting on my AP magnet.

TCD

I must of gotten TCD's AP magnet. We got two last week.

I was one of those testers that didn't get a survey after our last trip.

As Dave said stop and take the survey at the park gates. I'd one last trip and when we were leaving AK I was asked to take the survey again but we were trying to make a dinner rez so the CM asked for my email address and I did the survey online when I got home.

If you want to comment on FP+ or anything else Disney take the survey or give them your email and take the survey later.

I must of gotten TCD's AP magnet. We got two last week.

I was one of those testers that didn't get a survey after our last trip.

As Dave said stop and take the survey at the park gates. I'd one last trip and when we were leaving AK I was asked to take the survey again but we were trying to make a dinner rez so the CM asked for my email address and I did the survey online when I got home.

If you want to comment on FP+ or anything else Disney take the survey or give them your email and take the survey later.

I've received and taken many Disney surveys.  But, they are very vague.  The questions are very general.  Plus, the real problems with the FP+ system are just now occurring.  Up until just two weeks ago, there were still paper FP's to be had.  it was a beautiful thing- use your three FP+'s and then get some paper FP's if you needed more.  It was easy to make changes on the app.  Now, everyone gets only 3 FP+'s a day.  Period.  And good luck making changes.  It's not easy, or on a busy day, it's impossible.  Someone please give me a survey now.

I was wondering how people got the magnet. I would honk for the $2k I spent I would have at least got a welcome to the family letter.

Don't hold your breath.

But, I did get a new AP for my oldest daughter in December, and she received an AP magnet.

I really think they have their computer system set up so that long-time suckers like me get nothing.  They've noticed I don't need incentives to entice me to renew my AP, so I don't get any. 

I have an AP magnet, and haven't had AP's in 3 years.  Andrew, I'll trade you my magnet for an MSB cinnamon roll.   

No fair.  How am I supposed to get a MSB cinnamon roll?  I would need a time machine.  If I get a time machine, I think I'm going to be too busy to worry about a magnet.  See my dilemma?

TCD

I am a CM so I guess no one will listen to me, but, you can schedule 3 FP+ selections per day for one park. If you do not use any of those (this means your entire party can't use a single FP+) you can goto another park and make selections there. If even one has been used, you can change the remaining FP+ selections but they must stay in the same park.

As for changing them, you can change them even after the time has passed as long as they have not been used. You may not get what you want but the FP+ is still there. Say for example you had a FP+ for space mnt and you chose to watch the parade and missed your window. You can change that FP+ but there may not be any space mnt FPs left. You would have to change it to another attraction. This can be done on the app or at one of the kiosks. If an attraction is down during your window, you have the option to change your selection or wait until the attraction reopens and use your FP then. But once you change it, you cannot use the previous selection.

As for charging with an AP, at some point an option will be added to MDE for AP holders to add a credit card number. This will allow charging privileges. The process is still being worked and should be part of the testing at a later time.

For all of this, I know it seems like a complete system since it's being widely used now. But remember, it is still a test and is designed to find and correct the errors and bugs. Best thing to do is to give disney constructive feedback. Telling them this sucks or is stupid does

not help them.

To be honest. I will probably not be renewing passes anytime soon. It's time for a change and there is only so much screwing one guy can take before he finds something better to do with the 5-6k I spend there annually. Maybe they can fit one more tour group in then.

I guess I'm most upset that they have put the attractions in categories. So at Epcot if you FP MS you can't FP TT. Or at HWS if you FP RRC you can't FP ToT or TSM. Now they are forcing you to stand in lines. I hope you all have saved some of your FP tickets. They will become collector items.

I guess I'm most upset that they have put the attractions in categories. So at Epcot if you FP MS you can't FP TT. Or at HWS if you FP RRC you can't FP ToT or TSM. Now they are forcing you to stand in lines. I hope you all have saved some of your FP tickets. They will become collector items.

I don't like the tiers either.  But, at Epcot, you can get MS and TT.  The attractions that are tiered at Epcot are TT, Soarin', Maelstrom, the Character Spot and Illuminations.  You can only have one FP+ per day for one of those.  You can have a FP+ for Mission Space in addition to one of those.

At Hollywood Studios, the tiered attractions are Toy Story, Rock N Roller Coaster, The Beauty and the Beast show, and Illuminations.  You can only have one FP+ per day for one of those. You can have a TOT FP+ in addition to one of those.

The tiers at Hollywood Studios aren't that bad.

The tiers at Epcot are awful.  The only two attractions we ever used FP's for at Epcot were TT and Soarin'.  There was no need for FP's for anything else that we might want to do.  So for us, FP+ is the equivalent of limiting us to one FP per day at Epcot.  And if we choose Epcot, that means no FP+'s at any other parks that day.

TCD

I just don't get the whole FP+. I don't possiblely see how this can improve my experience at the World.

I mean the tier system means I only get to ride one of my favorite rides. At Epcot. See TCD's previous post.

By limiting me to only 3 FP+ a day SMB. We used all 3 by noon. At least give us the option of getting the old paper FP when we've used are allotted 3 FP+

It's probably already been said but there's got to be more to thi new system then they're letting on.

I would rather have the old system and that's what I told them in the survey.

I just don't get the whole FP+. I don't possiblely see how this can improve my experience at the World.

I mean the tier system means I only get to ride one of my favorite rides. At Epcot. See TCD's previous post.

By limiting me to only 3 FP+ a day SMB. We used all 3 by noon. At least give us the option of getting the old paper FP when we've used are allotted 3 FP+

It's probably already been said but there's got to be more to thi new system then they're letting on.

I would rather have the old system and that's what I told them in the survey.

As many have said, this is a test period. It will probably continue to be a test period forever or at least a long time.(that's the fall guy). I think the FP+ is a good idea but in the long run when everybody is making their FP selections in advance, I would think the poor saps who go into the park after say 10am will be SOL for any rides unless they want to do standby for hours, but who am to think that all the Disney experts did not come up with 100's of scenarios before spending one billion dollars

To ride both TT and Soarin, FP+ one and ride the other at opening. No repeats rides though.

Good point.  That's the way to do it.  And, I guess in the big picture isn't that different from how you had to do it with paper FP's.  That's about the best you could do with paper FP's, although I think you could probably have gotten an extra TT paper FP for a repeat ride.

As many have said, this is a test period. It will probably continue to be a test period forever or at least a long time.(that's the fall guy). I think the FP+ is a good idea but in the long run when everybody is making their FP selections in advance, I would think the poor saps who go into the park after say 10am will be SOL for any rides unless they want to do standby for hours, but who am to think that all the Disney experts did not come up with 100's of scenarios before spending one billion dollars

See, this is why I think under the current test, they are holding spots open for guests arriving in the mornings who haven't had a chance to make advanced FP+ reservations.  The times available on the app for advanced reservations are much more limited now than when the testing started, and it seems like there is much less, and in some cases no, availability to switch the day of.  There's no way they want guests showing up in the morning and being told, "sorry, all the FP's are gone."

Without letting guests know, they are probably running all kinds of different scenarios and trying to figure out what does and doesn't work.  It's kind of crappy on their part that guests are being used like this.  But, I guess there's no other way to test the parameters of the system.

TCD

I just thought of another big issue in the system

One thing that is going to be difficult even once the system is fully implemented is a group of unrelated folks to FP+ together (like the Fiends).  Our reservations are rarely linked together, and if a few of us decided to tour a park together (even if we plan it the day before), it's going to be a pain to friend each other, link the reservations, link the our MDE, and all get FP+ at the same time.

Then a few days later a totally different mix of folks might want to tour together, then we have to repeat that process for the next group. ACK!!!

It's also going to cause troubles for our December RADP meets. A lot of times on the schedule, is the first order of business is to go get a FP for attraction A, then meet over at Attraction B for the first ride of the day.

There is a huge mix of folks in that group, resort guests, locals, off-site guests, AP holders. The above scenario is impossible now to all get a FP time in the same general window :(

I doubt very seriously they have taken into consideration loosely associated groups of friends wanting to tour together.