• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

Does anyone know the status of implementing Magic Bands at Disneyland?  Are they still utilizing paper fastpasses?  Any timetable for a conversion?

The fools who run Disneyland are wasting their money on building new attractions (like Carsland) and super-cool shows (World of Color), while at WDW they are spending it on giving guests wristbands that duplicate what KTTW cards have done for the past 40 years.

We win!

Not.

TCD

True.  But, I'm not sure guests understand that.  And, if Disney can get 12 bucks from them, I'm not sure if Disney is going to make that clear.

I think there is potential there.

What would stop a camper from adding extra fake names to his reservation to get to the maximum of ten MB"s and then selling them new and unused (after making sure they don't have charging privileges) ?   If you could get $8-10 a pop for them, it would help pay for beer.  Wait, if the camper already has MB's as a passholder, he potentially could have 10 surplus bands to sell.  That could bring in a hundred bucks.

TCD

Before you get any ideas, when you order bands through Disney, they are attached to the account/name you order them under. There is no way to unattach a band without deactivating it. Once deactivated, you have a useless piece of plastic. So you could sell them to unsuspecting guests who know no better. But they wont work.  

From the Disney Parks Blog.  Pay particular attention to the part I bolded...

When we first shared a glimpse into our plans to take the Disney guest experience to the next level, we had just begun to unveil MyMagic+ at the Walt Disney World Resort. Our goal from the beginning has been to enhance the guest experience and make it even more immersive, seamless and personal than ever before.

Now, nearly 3.5 million guests have participated in testing, and the vast majority are telling us that MyMagic+ has made their trip even better. This is a big step forward in the evolution of our guest experience, and what we’re seeing in early returns is fantastic.

Guests are telling us that they really like being able to arrange the day the way they want to, with the flexibility to make changes on the go. They also are particularly excited about their experience with the MagicBand. They love the convenience, and we have received a lot of photos from guests showing the fun ways they are wearing them even before they arrive on property or after they return home.

This week marks an exciting milestone for us in that we are now providing guests who might only be visiting for the day with the ability to fully engage in MyMagic+ before their visit. Guests can register on My Disney Experience online, reserve access to some of their favorite experiences with FastPass+ and also purchase MagicBands on-site, if they choose.

FastPass+ has been a crucial part of our testing, and we knew it would be popular, which is why from the beginning we more than doubled the experiences people could reserve in advance. We enabled FastPass+ access for a number of attractions and included other guest favorites like fireworks, parades and character meet-and-greets for the first time.

As expected, most of our guests think that securing times to ride our attractions is one of the best ways to maximize the fun of a Walt Disney World Resort vacation. We’ve heard from a number of guests that they would like the opportunity to add additional FastPass+ entitlements during their visit, in addition to the three they can plan in advance. So, we’re working on providing them with the ability to add and enjoy additional entitlements on the day of their visit. Once they’ve used the three they’ve booked, we’ll enable them to select another at kiosks in the parks. And once they’ve used the fourth, they can select another, and so on. We also heard that other guests liked the fact that with the FastPass+ service they could use FASTPASS when they park hopped. So we’re working on a service enhancement to add that feature to FastPass+ as well.

One of the best aspects of MyMagic+ has always been that our guests can relax and better enjoy their time with us, all the while knowing that the attraction they want to ride, or the moment they want to experience, will be there, waiting for them.

And isn’t that what a vacation is all about? The more we can have everyone that goes to our parks feel like a VIP, the happier we’ll be with the experience we’re giving them. And that’s exactly what we’re striving for with MyMagic+.

We’ll continue to share more details and updates on as we continue our roll-out, so stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/04/mymagic-now-available-to-walt-disney-world-resort-hotel-and-day-guests/

If you have not done so already- click on the Disney Parks Blog link that Mo posted above. 

The person who is supposed to screen the comments before they're posted must be out sick today.  The comments are crazy, and many of them are complaints about the whole MDE experience, and show how confused Disney's customers are by this whole thing. And nobody from the blog has bothered to respond to all of the questions. Like usual.

Very amusing!

TCD

I laughed way too hard at this.

I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.

http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

That's hilarious, very funny.

The sad thing is that it's also accurate.

Wow, that video is very well done.  Hilarious.

But disturbing.

This pretty much proves that Disney is monitoring our every move.

That entire dialog, word for word, matches the rant I gave to my daughters when we were planning our last Disney trip.

So, these MB's must have hidden microphones in them, and Disney records our conversations.

Big Brother indeed.

TCD

Oh my. I've never seen one of those videos before. And I know it's highly inappropriate. 

But that was sooooooo funny.  Avatarland -- garbage!  Don't worry, you can still ride the Carousel of Progress. Whoever wrote that definitely reads various WDW discussion boards.  I think I need to watch it again.  The only thing missing was a reference to the BABH.

• 2 weeks later...

I know there's another thread about this, but I'm putting this here too so that we have an "all in one" thread with FP+ info.  From the Disney Parks Blog...

A few weeks ago we shared the latest plans for MyMagic+, and gave a look at more changes to come. We saw great response and interest in the news. Many of you expressed excitement about the evolution of FastPass+ and the fact that we were working on ways to provide our guests with the ability add more FastPass+ entitlements in addition to the three they can plan in advance and a feature that enabled the ability to make those additional selections while park hopping.

And we are pleased to let you know that as of next week our guests will be able to do just that.

So starting Monday, after guests have used their first three FastPass+ selections, they will be able to select another one at one of the kiosks located in each of our WDW parks. When they’ve used that one, they’ll be able to select another, and so on, ultimately providing guests with even more ways to customize their Walt Disney World Vacation. Guests will also be able to select and use their additional FastPass+ entitlements when they hop from park to park.

As we’ve said from the beginning, MyMagic+ will continue to evolve over time with the aim of continuing to improve our guests’ experience with us and in response to feedback from our guests. Today’s news is another chapter of that story and we look forward to sharing more with you as we continue to roll out and refine MyMagic+. Continue checking the Disney Parks Blog for more details.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/04/mymagic-adding-even-more-magic-to-fastpass/

Orlando Attractions Magazine posted this to FB...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152344313704330&set=a.74177884329.72281.8093464329&type=1&theater

Liked · 10 mins

We tested the new ability to use more than three Disney World FastPasses and park hop with them today and had no problems. Follow this link for more details on how the new FastPass+ extras work: http://attractionsmagazine.com/unlimited-fastpass-walt-disney-world-park-hop/

10273305_10152344313704330_3197927911903

Wait- it looks like this person made a FP+ reservation for Animal Kingdom while at a MK kiosk.

That wasn't something that was clear from last week's announcement.  I never liked the idea of having to wait until I got to another park to see what was available there. 

This is good.

TCD

Wait- it looks like this person made a FP+ reservation for Animal Kingdom while at a MK kiosk.

That wasn't something that was clear from last week's announcement.  I never liked the idea of having to wait until I got to another park to see what was available there. 

This is good.

TCD

Stop the presses!

Here's an eyewitness report.

The TCD gang used 3 FP+'s at the MK on Sunday May 4, 2014.  Then, at around 5:30 pm, we waited about 15 minutes in the FP+ kiosk line outside of Philharmagic.

When the CM on duty helped us, he asked what we would like to do for our 4th FP.  I asked him to please check on what was available at the other parks.

He said he couldn't do that.

I told him I had seen a photo posted on-line that showed someone had booked an AK FP+ as his 4th FP at the MK.

He said that's not possible.

I asked if he was sure.

He said he was quite sure.

He said that photo I saw must have been some promotional photo.  There was no way to check what was available at the other parks- I would have to go there.  So, travel all the way to another park, enter, stand in a kiosk line, and then find out what is available for a possible 4th FP+.  Got it.

The stupid system on the kiosks won't let you search by availability time to see when the earliest 4th FP return time might be.  You have to choose what attraction you're interested in, and then it will tell you the times.

We asked him to check Space Mountain.  At 5:30 pm on a not-so-busy day, we were offered a 10:20-11:20 return time.  We would have to use that 4th FP+ before we could get another.  And the MK closed at midnight.

This is better how?

My prior post was wrong-this is not good.

TCD

Stop the presses!

The TCD gang used 3 FP+'s at the MK on Sunday May 4, 2014.  Then, at around 5:30 pm, we waited about 15 minutes in the FP+ kiosk line outside of Philharmagic.

When the CM on duty helped us, he asked what we would like to do for our 4th FP.  I asked him to please check on what was available at the other parks.

I told him I had seen a photo posted on-line that showed someone had booked an AK FP+ as his 4th FP at the MK.

I asked if he was sure.

He said that photo I saw must have been some promotional photo.  There was no way to check what was available at the other parks- I would have to go there.  So, travel all the way to another park, enter, stand in a kiosk line, and then find out what is available for a possible 4th FP+.  Got it.

The stupid system on the kiosks won't let you search by availability time to see when the earliest 4th FP return time might be.  You have to choose what attraction you're interested in, and then it will tell you the times.

We asked him to check Space Mountain.  At 5:30 pm on a not-so-busy day, we were offered a 10:20-11:20 return time.  We would have to use that 4th FP+ before we could get another.  And the MK closed at midnight.

This is better how?

TCD

That really stinks. Hopefully it will move to the app ASAP. 

Stop the presses!

I asked if he was sure.

This is better how?

TCD

Yes, but keep in mind those kiosks' primary purpose is not to assist guests with booking FP+ times.  The main reason they added all of the kiosks is to sell those warm, ooey gooey Main Street Bakery cinnamon rolls.