Monkey Business At Da-FIENDed Creek!

So tell us details of the hoagie/sub/hero. What kind was it? Plain chips?

That there was a turkey and ham sub on multigrain roll, which is my favorite of the Publix sub rolls.  Most of their rolls, like most rolls in the south, have no substance.  But that one is pretty tasty.  Pepper jack, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles and jalapenos.  And yes, plain chips, but they were classic Lays which always go well with a sammich.  Washed down by the Octoberfest.   

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Fiends invaded Da-FIENDed.....I mean, Defeated Creek Corps of Engineers Campground this weekend!    Yes, Defeated Creek.  DIT's favorite (except maybe for the Fort) campground!  If you're not fami

I have to say, I am very pleased with how this little trip report is turning out.  There are enough sidebars, tangents and hijacks to annoy the heck out of Bob.  I'm having fun!

I can tell you everynight since the mad Gorrilla sighting I have had to check closets and under neath beds for Izzy and Xander, I gave them the glow necklaces and I wish we had video of the lot of the

All in! 

Go BRAVES!

My ghost has been very busy I see.

Ok, I am sad that we couldn't be there but I am glad for those of you who were.  I may ramble on an on for a bit just so Bob has something to read.  I know he tends to get bored with TR's that have no commentary.

I love the Anna pics.  Even the beer one.

Go BRAVES!

DC looks like a beautiful campground.  We love large grassy areas.  Of course that means more places to chase Gabe but the openess means that it will be more difficult for him to disappear.   May need to shoot for DC next year?  Wonder if I can talk H into it?  Any fiends who want to apply a little pressure to him.. feel free.

Go BRAVES!

That there was a turkey and ham sub on multigrain roll, which is my favorite of the Publix sub rolls.  Most of their rolls, like most rolls in the south, have no substance.  But that one is pretty tasty.  Pepper jack, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles and jalapenos.  And yes, plain chips, but they were classic Lays which always go well with a sammich.  Washed down by the Octoberfest.

I love the New England chewy sub/hoagie rolls. Subs on Wonder Bread-type buns just aren't the same.

Bob-Annoyance parties tend to draw quite a crowd. 

All in! 

Go BRAVES!

My ghost has been very busy I see.

Ok, I am sad that we couldn't be there but I am glad for those of you who were.  I may ramble on an on for a bit just so Bob has something to read.  I know he tends to get bored with TR's that have no commentary.

I love the Anna pics.  Even the beer one.

Go BRAVES!

DC looks like a beautiful campground.  We love large grassy areas.  Of course that means more places to chase Gabe but the openess means that it will be more difficult for him to disappear.   May need to shoot for DC next year?  Wonder if I can talk H into it?  Any fiends who want to apply a little pressure to him.. feel free.

Go BRAVES!

Believe me, there was a fair amount of Anna chasing on that grassy area.  Only it wasn't me or INC doing the chasing.  More on that to come. 

I love the New England chewy sub/hoagie rolls. Subs on Wonder Bread-type buns just aren't the same.

Yeah.  Publix has decent bread and rolls, just not the same.  But I do enjoy their subs. 

I'm in!  Campground looks really nice - looking forward to more pics!

Glad you are reading along, Janet! 

I'm in even though it will pain me to see what I missed! 

We missed you for sure.  Your absence will not be tolerated next year. 

I'm in.

Go Braves!

Ray is here! 

:toiletreading:  :banghead:    :smartass:  :faceplant2:     :barf:   :argh:   :sarc3:   :badmood:  

You can't even type a few words yourself?  All pictures.  :rofl3:

I'm in too.  Better late than never.

There is no late.  Everyone is on time in this trip report.  In fact, the last person to join gets a free Anna hug. 

I'm in too, page two bragging rights!  Nice campground, and thanks for the pood forn.

Dan beat Gwen for the Anna hug. 

In the spirit of stretching this out, I would like to point out that I was first. First! That is only the second time that has ever happened. What's my prize?

Last is first.  So you were last.  Hey, you were already mad at me.  :rofl2:

Short update time.  Remember, all updates will be short in the interest of dragging this out. 

DUCK ALERT! 

We got up on Saturday morning and did what we always do at Defeated Creek.  Sat around drinking coffee. 

Now, I must explain something about the weather.  Even though this wasn't an exceptionally hot summer in Tennessee, the past few weeks had been HOT and HUMID.  Most mornings were so humid you couldn't see all that far due to the fog and haze.  And the week leading up to to GG was no exception.  It was hotter than a witch's armpit.  Perfect Devine growing weather. 

But then, right on cue, the weather I ordered for Defeated Creek arrived overnight Thursday.  It was sunny, dry, and PERFECT temps for the weekend.  I don't think it could have been better. 

So, Saturday morning we were sitting with our coffee when we saw two ducks wandering across the grass toward Judy's campsite.  She was out fixing her biscuits and gravy (more to come on that, I assure you), and I think the ducks were looking to mooch.  Anna had never seen ducks up close, so we grabbed some bread to go feed them. 

DSCN2780.JPG

I've already lost count on Anna pics....anyone else keeping tabs?

DSCN2781.JPG

DSCN2782.JPG

INC had this one eating out of her hand.  His name must have been Dave. 

DSCN2783.JPG

I'm sure Anna is telling me something important here. 

DSCN2784.JPG

It wasn't too long before our dog, Foofy, saw the ducks and took off after them.  She chased them away, feeling pretty proud of herself, and we went back to sitting with our coffee and enjoying the morning fire. 

DSCN2786.JPG

Let me explain the situation to you so you can appreciate what HEAVEN I was in.....

I had my entire family with me.  We hadn't camped since Christmas at the Fort due to my shoulder issues.  The weather was spectacular.  I had coffee, and it was a crisp, fall like morning.  We had a beautiful view of the lake and I had a nice fire going.  And I could smell Judy's sausage frying up next door. 

Heaven, right? 

Plus, we were all about to gather for Fiend Breakfast at the DIT site.  This was only going to get better!  And SOON! 

Coming up...

1. Pics with Anna and the ducks...PRICELESS!

2. I like the Dave duck, sounds like it has been well trained.

3. If I try real hard while staring at that last pic I can pretend I'm not sitting in my office right now looking at 5 computer screens. I can almost feel that morning chill and smell the goodness that is cooking. Great, now I'm starting to drool.

You are very blessed. :D

You got that right. 

Sounds like a serene setting.

I am enjoying my coffee right now during a crisp fall-like morning, but in front of a cracked open front window....not a campfire. :(

Looking forward to preakfast born!

Preakfast born will be coming up in the next update.  After we drag this out a bit more. 

I agree Dave, that was heaven.

Anna pics with ducks!  It doesn't get any cuter than that!

Go Braves!

She wasn't scared of the ducks at all.  And the lack of fear on the ducks part of Anna makes me wonder how smart they are. 

I'm in.

Page 4!

It's the new page one.

I love a Publix sub on that multigrain roll too.

That morning campfire scene and the description is the best!

Go Braves.

TCD

Yes, page 4 is the new page one.  Unfortunately for you, you hit page 3. 

I am not counting Anna Pics.  They are like blessings.  You should appreciate them not count them.  I am looking forward to some Stttteeeeellllllllla pics though.

Valid point. 

Ok so far I missed a great first night. Anna's first close up adventure with ducks. First morning coffee with friends. I am feeling defeated. But I am very happy that my Fiends were having an awesome time.

Don't feel defeated.  Feel Da-FIENDed. 

What a perfect morning.

And I agree that Publix subs rock. They're aren't NJ subs, but they're the closest thing I can get.

Yes, they are quite good. 

1. Pics with Anna and the ducks...PRICELESS!

2. I like the Dave duck, sounds like it has been well trained.

3. If I try real hard while staring at that last pic I can pretend I'm not sitting in my office right now looking at 5 computer screens. I can almost feel that morning chill and smell the goodness that is cooking. Great, now I'm starting to drool.

Wait till the next update and you will smell the goodness for sure.