Happy Fall Y'all! TCD's September 2013 Not So Scary TR

Scuttlebutt on the FP trick on a few other newsgroups is that it only works some of the time; evidently the powers that be are aware of the issue. People have reported getting FP tickets that state the card used was invalid and/or was not used to enter the park that day. Never know, take it with a grain of salt.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you will still have 3 very expensive princess dresses to buy. And the color is white.

Lol. Only a southerner knows what "bless your heart..." Really means.

Ray I know you warned us, But you still owe me that 3:45 of my life back. 

Lets analyze this.

TCD has his AP linked to his MDE account.

He checked in and Im almost positive his KTTW card is listed on his MDE account.

So, the two of them are now linked. You could have used your KTTW card to enter the park using the tap to enter.

So, both (for TCDs scenario) are valid park entry.

Both would allow FP distribution. Each has it own unique id so you could get FPs for each.

For someone who doesn't have tickets linked to their MDE account, the KTTW card would not issue a FP as it is not valid park entry.

devores, Grumpy and Grandma, Lou......., Tri-Circle-D

Currently reading this TR........is that Lou? ????

Lou who?

Scuttlebutt on the FP trick on a few other newsgroups is that it only works some of the time; evidently the powers that be are aware of the issue. People have reported getting FP tickets that state the card used was invalid and/or was not used to enter the park that day. Never know, take it with a grain of salt.

I'm sure it is a moving target.  A while back, I was able to pull a FP using Twin #2's pass when I was in a park just with Twin #1, and Twin #2 was not with us.  I tried that trick another time, and it didn't work.  But the KTTW card worked for us at DHS on Sunday September 29.  You never know unless you try, and the next chance I get, I'm going to try.  Only this time, I'm coming with 10 KTTW cards. Watch out.

TCD

Lets analyze this.

TCD has his AP linked to his MDE account.

He checked in and Im almost positive his KTTW card is listed on his MDE account.

So, the two of them are now linked. You could have used your KTTW card to enter the park using the tap to enter.

So, both (for TCDs scenario) are valid park entry.

Both would allow FP distribution. Each has it own unique id so you could get FPs for each.

For someone who doesn't have tickets linked to their MDE account, the KTTW card would not issue a FP as it is not valid park entry.

All true.

But, my oldest DD does not have an AP.  Her KTTW card (which I guess was linked to my reservation) still was able to get a FP.

You are right that my KTTW cards show up on my MDE account.  So do the ones from my May, 2013 stay.

What I wonder is whether those KTTW cards could be used on a day trip now to get FP's?  The first chance I get I'm going to find out.

TCD

All true.

But, my oldest DD does not have an AP.  Her KTTW card (which I guess was linked to my reservation) still was able to get a FP.

You are right that my KTTW cards show up on my MDE account.  So do the ones from my May, 2013 stay.

What I wonder is whether those KTTW cards could be used on a day trip now to get FP's?  The first chance I get I'm going to find out.

TCD

They show on your account but since the reservation dates are over, they are inactive. Look at it as hibernation. They wont do anything if used.

That's how it should work. If you try it let me know. I have 13 cards and 2 magic bands on my account.

Hmmm, imagine what I could do with all that. But I know the MB doesn't do anything as I tried using it for another experiment. It has to be activated in the system.

I do know that CMs can use their Maingate and ID to get FPs. But not SOTMK cards. Only our Maingate works for that. When we tested the MBs, we had our FP+ selections, then could get FPs with our maingate and ID (they are always active whether we use them to enter the park or not).

And all KTTW cards linked to your MDE would have been flagged as park entry, even though you only have one AP linked. Those KTTW cards could get FPs but not enter the park. Its a weird system. Same as I could make FP+ selections everyday for a month, even though I only had a one day ticket linked. The system did not know when I was going to use that ticket so I could make selections up until the ticket is used.

They show on your account but since the reservation dates are over, they are inactive. Look at it as hibernation. They wont do anything if used.

That's how it should work. If you try it let me know. I have 13 cards and 2 magic bands on my account.

Hmmm, imagine what I could do with all that. But I know the MB doesn't do anything as I tried using it for another experiment. It has to be activated in the system.

I do know that CMs can use their Maingate and ID to get FPs. But not SOTMK cards. Only our Maingate works for that. When we tested the MBs, we had our FP+ selections, then could get FPs with our maingate and ID (they are always active whether we use them to enter the park or not).

And all KTTW cards linked to your MDE would have been flagged as park entry, even though you only have one AP linked. Those KTTW cards could get FPs but not enter the park. Its a weird system. Same as I could make FP+ selections everyday for a month, even though I only had a one day ticket linked. The system did not know when I was going to use that ticket so I could make selections up until the ticket is used.

Man, the possibilities are endless.

The only problem is you have to experiment to find the tricks.

That KTTW card trick should work for guests during their actual days they are staying at the Fort.  I kind of doubted they would work after the fact, but you never know unless you try.

TCD

All true.

TCD

Glad that my boyfriend Josh could help you out. You know what would be really bad.... What if he ever sees me referring to him as that and doesn't know the part about Lou torturing me about him, so he thinks I'm really obessed with him????

I wish I was going soon enough to test the trick. And word was that at some point you could put ANY card with a magnetic strip in and get one.

Time for the next update.

So, we are back at the Fort after an early visit to Hollywood Studios.  That went well.

The girls had basically hopped out of bed, threw their hair up, and headed out the door this morning, so it was time for showers and that kind of thing now.

Also, the oldest TCD DD had a school assignment to finish and turn in, so she needed some Wi-Fi.  We dropped her off at the Trail's End porch at about 12:30.  She had the whole thing to herself:

92913490_zps4e7d1951.jpg

The playground had some customers:

92913491_zps6355bf39.jpg

Hey look- there's new landscaping around the fenced in area where the River Country wagon is supposed to be.  As long as that fence stays there, I have hope that the wagon is coming back.  But not a lot.

While my oldest daughter toiled away on her assignment, we ate left over fried chicken and looped.  A perfect birthday so far in my book.

We found a couple of cars illegally parked on the 1500 loop, and I assumed they belonged to pool freeloaders:

92913494_zpse26ea986.jpg

But then we saw this couple posing for a picture on the footbridge.  You can see that the photographer is there below them:

92913495_zps1ac61e8a.jpg

Here's another look at them:

92913498_zps74521eb3.jpg

Twin #1, who pretty much is a professional photographer, said that the angle the photographer was using was terrible.  I guess.  But, what I wanted to know is what were they doing there?  Well, you can't see it too well in the photos, but they were holding a little sign made of numbers and twine that had a date on it.  It was March something 2014.  Twin #1 told me she saw this type of thing on pinterest.  They were taking  a "save the date" photo.  I guess couples who are getting married send those out to their potential wedding invitees in advance of the actual wedding invitations.  So, this couple took their save the date photo at the Fort. That's cool.  I wonder why, though?  Are they going to get married at the Fort?

I mentioned in the last update how the 900 loop had emptied out today.  That's expected this time of year.  The Fort fills up on the weekends, but is pretty slow during the week.  So, on this Sunday afternoon, far less than half the sties at the Fort were occupied.  You saw the empty porch at Trail's End.  The Fort was a ghost town.  Well, not at the pool it wasn't.

Here's a pretty señorita grilling up some Barbacoa de Pollo for her very extended family:

92913499_zpsac1480b2.jpg

92913500_zps16b18e42.jpg

This next photo is blurry, because the extended family was watching me take photos, and the twins wanted me to move on.  I wanted to be friendly, and said Hola Amigos!,  but then headed on as they all looked:

92913501_zps39418d6e.jpg

So, the campground is empty, and this family hauled all their crap from their site to here to use this grill instead of the one at their site?  OK.

We never made it to a sing-a-long or movie on this trip, but I did stop to take a look at the campfire area:

92913502_zps5b810cf3.jpg

92913503_zps829da0b1.jpg

Looks pretty good, doesn't it?

Especially the Dr. Terminus banner.

Anybody remember what it looked like last year at this time?

Like this:

FW101812544.jpg

So, there's a good change.

Can't say that too often around the Fort.

Has it occurred to anyone that there is another TCD TR staple that has not been covered yet?

A place that is always photographed in every TCD FW TR?

Did anyone guess site 617?

If so, you're right!

We need some photos of the best site in all of the Fort.

Here you go:

92913504_zps7043a53b.jpg

92913505_zpsac418e6c.jpg

And look-it's unoccupied!  Some lucky camper will be arriving and pulling in that site any day now.

After a bit, Twin #2 wanted to go down to the Trail's End porch and waste time on Facebook do some schoolwork, so I ran her down there.

On the way down to the Settlement, a gentleman with a magnificent moustache was heading the other way- toward us.  I never forget a moustache like that.  It was Richie.  Lorna's husband!  What the Fort was he doing here?  I waved him down.  He told me that he was here with Lorna and some friends for a day trip.  And the friends were Doodle and Mike!  And Gary and Marilyn!  They were all at the Settlement Bus Stop waiting for a bus to Wilderness Lodge.  I headed that way and found them.  I was pulled in the bus lane, and had to go when the bus came.  Plus Twin #2 was BORED.  So, I had to go.  We only got to speak for a couple of minutes- but it was good to see some familiar faces at the Fort!  And what are the chances of me running into Richie like that?

That wasn't my only Fiend encounter on Sunday either.  I had tried to get ahold of Devores on this trip, but found out that he was out of town in Louisiana.  He got back on Sunday morning, though, so I stalked him until I found him.  We had a short visit at his site.  He's always fun to talk to.  I especially enjoyed discussing the MNSSHP with him- he has worked them all so far this year, except the one we went to on Friday.  He and his wife have now stayed at the Fort for a solid year.  He is living my dream.

The day was starting to get away from us, so I finally rounded up the girls and said we need to make a plan.

Since it was my birthday, my opinion counted for once.  That was different.

I said what I would like to do is go to the MK before 4 pm and find someplace to watch the freak show guests arriving for that evening's MNSSHP.  Maybe we could take in a ride or two as well.  Then we would hop to Epcot, and we would once again enjoy the Food and Wine Festival.  After that, we would hop to DHS, where we would cash in those Toy Story Fastpasses and then enjoy the EMH's from 9 to 11.

That was a good plan.

The only problem was that we didn't get going until close to 4.  But that was not a big deal.

We parked our cart at the marina, and took the boat to the MK. 

If you know anything about WDW transportation, we created an issue there, as we would be arriving back at the Fort later this evening via a bus that would drop us at the other end of the campground.  No biggie.  We will figure that out.

It was a gorgeous afternoon, and we even got a real MK boat to take us to the park.

I looked for the old shipwreck on Discovery Island, and was surprised by how little I could see:

92913508_zps0d927236.jpg

Here's a close up- if you look really carefully, you can see a bit of the curved hull in the bushes, and the mast:

shipwreck_zpsea8985f8.jpg

I was surprised at how overgrown it was.  I took this photo just this past February, and you could see much more of it:

Feb2013056_zps14580d84.jpg

Unless they look for it, I'll bet most guests don't even know that there's an old shipwreck on that island.

Sad to see another classic WDW with a connection to the Fort go.

That big construction project at the MK bus loop is still going on.  I've mentioned before that I'm surprised at the large scope of this project- the expanded area is more than double the size of the original:

92913509_zpsd772ea33.jpg

I don't like this.  It blocks the view of Space Mountain from the Seven Seas Lagoon:

92913510_zps3be25d97.jpg

92913511_zpsa2987617.jpg

Here's one of those slow boats that they repurposed from the failed Animal Kingdom ride. This one is called the Magic Kingdom II.  I wonder what the other one is called?:

92913512_zps647c8cd3.jpg

Here's the new view of the Contemporary Resort with all of those bus shelters in front of it:

92913513_zps9f114e9a.jpg

What would the great men (and maybe women) who designed WDW say about this?  They went to great lengths to put the Transportation and Ticket Center all the way across the Seven Seas Lagoon from the MK.  I think that's how Walt himself wanted it done.  That was nice. The MK entrance didn't have a big old parking lot in front of it.  Or smelly buses chugging out big exhaust clouds.  The view of the Contemporary resort from the MK was unobstructed and majestic, and vice versa.  But now, there's a huge bus depot in that once open space.  Not good.

The plan was for us to have arrived somewhere around 3.  That would have let us avoid any crush of guests arriving at 4 to be let in to the MNSSHP.  It didn't work that way.  We arrived at 4:10.  The good news was there was no crush of guests trying to get in to the party:

92913514_zpsf97a144e.jpg

The bad news is that they made that 1/2 of the entrance exclusive for party guests, and the rest of us had to use the couple of turnstiles they opened on this side:

92913515_zps8f30a30d.jpg

Fail.

But we got in.

And found a spot on Main Street.

In the shade.

And I waited for the freak show guests to arrive!

We were right by this grate.  I took that photo to use on the Where in the World thread, but I reckon people would have guessed it pretty quick:

92913516_zps7bfe533b.jpg

Oh boy!  Here comes a party guest now:

92913517_zps01176edb.jpg

Meh.

There were more regular guest than freaks party guests:

92913518_zps955a4ce4.jpg

Here's something.

A witch on a scooter instead of a broom:

92913519_zpsc54ce9e3.jpg

But still not what I was looking for.

Good Lord!:

92913520_zpscf08ff6e.jpg

Sorry, where was I?

I can't say anything more about that last photo.  TCDMR*

*TCDMR=TCD's Mother's Rule- if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

Finally, we saw a good costume.

It was a couple.

They were dressed as Russell and Kevin from the movie, UP!:

92913521_zps19c4702a.jpg

There was a Photopass photographer in the area, and he was loud!  He kept calling to Russell and Kevin to stop for a photo.  They kept going. This is the loud Photopass Guy.  I wonder if Devores knows him?:

92913522_zps8481a395.jpg

So far, we weren't seeing a lot of fun costumes.

The girls wanted to move on.

I said let's stay for just a few more.

So we did.

I'll show you what we saw in the next update.

And let you know something really sweet the girls did for me.

TCD

Glad that my boyfriend Josh could help you out. You know what would be really bad.... What if he ever sees me referring to him as that and doesn't know the part about Lou torturing me about him, so he thinks I'm really obessed with him? ???

I wish I was going soon enough to test the trick. And word was that at some point you could put ANY card with a magnetic strip in and get one.

I remember you and Josh mentioning the any card with a magnetic strip thing.  And old park pass that we tried didn't work.

I think I've shared before that when FP's first came out, the machines would issue FP's for anything with a magnetic strip.  And we used that loophole for several trips.  It didn't last long, but it was fun while it lasted.

They must have the ability to set the machines to issue passes for different types of media.  The KTTW cards were definitely working this time.  Who knows about the next?

It was nice running into you at the bus stop. We were on a search for food. If I had known there were freeloaders at the Meadows pool, with chicken, we could have just went there!!!  :rofl2:

Chicken?  No, that's pollo.  Pronounced Poy-oh.  That's what they were calling it.

In case anyone wants to read more about what Doodle and her guests were doing at the Fort, she has it written up in her TR here:  http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/11120-a-pups-tale/?p=305742

You can see Richie's magnificent moustache too!

The photopass guy is Alex........

Alex.

He is loud.

TCD

Has it occurred to anyone that there is another TCD TR staple that has not been covered yet?

A place that is always photographed in every TCD FW TR?

Did anyone guess site 617?

If so, you're right!

We need some photos of the best site in all of the Fort.

Here you go:

92913504_zps7043a53b.jpg

92913505_zpsac418e6c.jpg

And look-it's unoccupied!  Some lucky camper will be arriving and pulling in that site any day now.

You got me to thinking about how long it has been that you've been photographing that site....and I remembered that I was at the Fort in March 2009 when the 600 loop expansion was being constructed, and I posted a picture of the "brand new at that time" site that is now site 617.  That post was at the old place at that time....as it pre-dates FF.net.  The picture I posted was this one.

PIC_0193.JPG

I remember you commented on how close it appears to be to that sidewalk and to the main road.  I went back and found your comment....

"I can't believe how close that sidewalk is to the grill in the back of this site. How would anyone like to have this site? There is a lot of foot traffic going over the pedestrian bridge. We stay on the 800 loop a lot, and use that bridge all the time, as do folks from the 400, 500 and 700 loops. I would hate to have this site! You would have folks walking right by you all the time, and tons of people coming and going from the campfire. What were they thinking? frown.gif "

So....in case you were wondering, you have disliked that site since March 30, 2009.  :rofl3: 

You got me to thinking about how long it has been that you've been photographing that site....and I remembered that I was at the Fort in March 2009 when the 600 loop expansion was being constructed, and I posted a picture of the "brand new at that time" site that is now site 617.  That post was at the old place at that time....as it pre-dates FF.net.  The picture I posted was this one.

PIC_0193.JPG

I remember you commented on how close it appears to be to that sidewalk and to the main road.  I went back and found your comment....

"I can't believe how close that sidewalk is to the grill in the back of this site. How would anyone like to have this site? There is a lot of foot traffic going over the pedestrian bridge. We stay on the 800 loop a lot, and use that bridge all the time, as do folks from the 400, 500 and 700 loops. I would hate to have this site! You would have folks walking right by you all the time, and tons of people coming and going from the campfire. What were they thinking? frown.gif "

So....in case you were wondering, you have disliked that site since March 30, 2009.  :rofl3: 

Good work digging that old photo up.

Yeah, I've disliked that site from the outset.  But, I dislike a lot of things.  No big deal.

In fairness, the fence and bushes help a lot.

Yes he is. He is always like that too. So, for anyone who thinks us CMs are just putting on a show for you, you are wrong. How we appear on stage is the same as we are off stage.

I was just looking ahead to the next batch of photos, and I have a few more of your co-workers in knickers.  Let's see if you know any of them.

Too bad you weren't there at the time.

I could have won the knickers challenge fair and square.

TCD

I really enjoy the peaceful pics while you did the morning strolling around the Fort. I'm not sure what yoga does, but I'm guessing it has a similar effect as pics of sunrise over the Settlement. Probably even more soothing than frank Costanza's "Serenity now" incantation.

Side note: I'm little behind on my reading, but I am not a fan of the rap either. My only guilty pleasures are RunDMC/Aerosmith doing "walk this way" and Vanilla Ice doing "ice ice baby. Slightly embarrassing yes.

Side note 2: Happy Belated Birthday Big Fella. Hope one of the cast members helped you to get a special birthday call

You can link that in the MDE. I linked mine and am able to make FP+ selections when I go down to join doodle on Nov1st.

You can link that in the MDE. I linked mine and am able to make FP+ selections when I go down to join doodle on Nov1st.

Can you do it once you arrive at Disney.