• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mo left off the best part ...   "Upon the completion of your shift, you will receive a WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort 1 Day (1 Theme Park) ticket that entitles you to one (1) day of admission to your choic

Oh there will be PLENTY of craft beers to try also!  :)

$50 for me, but no drinks, and we're outta there in a few hours.

I wonder where the 10 VIP areas they are providing for the premium package will be?  Taking space away from the regular guests?

You know where they are. You just don't know that you know. And yes, they are taking away space from regular guests.

I'm assuming that they will be the lake side event venues at UK, Morocco, France, Italy, and next to the boat dock where you enter the World Showcase. Some of those locations have multiple venues which probably total up to 10.

Quick question about Eat to the Beat: we will be there for the Pointer Sisters (super pumped!) and Rick Springfield. What concert time is best 530, 645, or 8? And how early should we arrive for seats? Any extra tips are much appreciated.

I request pictures from the Rick Springfield concert. I got to see him in Nashville about 5 years back. He puts on a great show. Where I saw him he even took the elevator and came up to the level where my friend and I were standing. He was right next to us.
The big package with "in-room basket". I wonder where they will leave it on the campsite :)

(Yeah, I know you probably pick it up at check-in, just had to ask)

I keep waiting for the upgrade that unlocks my camper door with my magicband!

Quick question about Eat to the Beat: we will be there for the Pointer Sisters (super pumped!) and Rick Springfield. What concert time is best 530, 645, or 8? And how early should we arrive for seats? Any extra tips are much appreciated.

Last year, the Pointer Sisters were terrific. We got there just at the start of the 5:30 show and stood in the back. For the other two shows that night, we just waited for the line to be seated, and then walked in and got decent seats. If you really want to be near the front, I would get in line no later than one hour before the show. You can still enjoy the concerts without doing that though.

Last year, the Pointer Sisters were terrific. We got there just at the start of the 5:30 show and stood in the back. For the other two shows that night, we just waited for the line to be seated, and then walked in and got decent seats. If you really want to be near the front, I would get in line no later than one hour before the show. You can still enjoy the concerts without doing that though.

Thank you!

For some reason I thought bling was some sort of medal or jewelry.

So you get a cheap tee-shirt and a bag of chips, impressive.

You're close Lou.  Last year my wife volunteered while my daughter, son in law and I ran it.  She got a light jacket/windbreaker (not too bad really) and pretty much a bag of chips. 

She worked the finish line, handing out the medals, and she really enjoyed it.  Fortunately, she was able to hand out the medals to all of us. 

Mo left off the best part ...

"Upon the completion of your shift, you will receive a WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort 1 Day (1 Theme Park) ticket that entitles you to one (1) day of admission to your choice of one of the following theme parks: Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, or Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park."

Mo left off the best part ...

"Upon the completion of your shift, you will receive a WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort 1 Day (1 Theme Park) ticket that entitles you to one (1) day of admission to your choice of one of the following theme parks: Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, or Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park."

Oh wow, you're right Ed!  I was skimming quickly and missed that part.

That definitely ups the bling factor!

From the Disney Parks Blog...

FWM8066841-613x732.jpg

I’m counting down the hours until I can taste my way around the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. This annual event returns to Epcot from September 19 through November 10, 2014. I’m already planning on being at the kick-off weekend to celebrate my birthday week (I’m sure I’m not the only one who celebrates her or his birthday all week long). After reading Pam Brandon’s article about new offerings this year, I caught up with the merchandise events team for a sneak preview of festival merchandise.

FWM8066842-613x613.jpg

This year, I found two different art programs – “Taste Your Way Around the World” and “Brews Around the World” – that will be featured on a variety of items. Guests should look for several familiar favorites including Chef Duffy the Disney Bear, a coffee mug and apparel items like hats. One of my favorite things is the specially designed food tray that was originally introduced in 2012. This new design includes a place to hold beverages and plenty of space for food.

FWM8066843-613x809.jpg

The Disney pin trading team created some cool limited edition pins that are presented on recipe cards. One features Jessica Rabbit with a recipe for Carrot Cake, while the other has Mickey Mouse that explains how to make Cheddar Breakfast Potatoes (now I’m hungry!). Speaking of recipes, we will also carry a new cookbook that my fellow author Pam announced in this Disney Parks Blog story.

FWM8066844-613x493.jpg

Finally, I liked this reusable tote bag that contains both merchandise logos.

Look for these items and more in the Festival Center, which will be located between Universe of Energy and Mission: SPACE pavilions in Future World. Select items may also be found at merchandise kiosks throughout World Showcase once the festival opens in mid-September. We will not be offering merchandise via our Disney Parks online store this year.

I hope to see you at Epcot!

For more about the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festive, visit the posts below:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/08/sneak-preview-of-merchandise-for-2014-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/

• 2 weeks later...

Hold onto your hats, kids!  Here's a new VIP tour specifically geared to the Food & Wine Festival.  From the Disney Parks Blog...

What could possibly be better than enjoying all there is to enjoy at the acclaimed Epcot International Food & Wine Festival? Enjoying it via the Ultimate Day VIP Tour!

Begin the daylong festivities at the VIP Lounge hidden within the Festival Center at the Wonder’s Retreat. This special tour includes Champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on some of the most popular Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular and more. Whew!

Sip, taste and enjoy as you travel World Showcase at Epcot. You won’t want to miss this extraordinary celebration of all things culinary, the grape and brew as your Disney VIP Guides accompany you throughout, highlighting special moments not everyone gets to experience.

Occurring rain or shine Thursday and Sundays on select dates September through November, this private tour lasts six and a half hours and costs $399 per person (21 and up only). Call 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687) for reservations. You can also access the online VIP Tour Services brochure here for more info.

For more about the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festive, visit the posts below:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/08/experience-the-ultimate-day-vip-tour-at-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/