Filling in part of the moat around Cinderella's Castle... a sign of more things to come?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Plaza Garden East, but it is the private viewing location for Kanye West, the West family and assorted Kardashians.  

That's a fascinating video there, Jason.    I took the final view from that video and set it side by side with a satellite image from Google.  It's remarkable how much this is going to change that are

People suck.     I think TCD's last post just made a light bulb go off in my head.     It's not so much the Mouse that sucks....it's the DAMN GUESTS!     Sure, Disney's greed is a contributing factor,

The TCD gang paid a waterlogged visit to the MK on Saturday night, February 28th, to try the new Wishes FP+ viewing area.

We scouted out the area earlier in the day, as the FP+ reservation told us to report to the "Main Street Plaza Garden Viewing Area."  We didn't know if we were supposed to go East of West.

There was no FP+ sign on the East side:

2%2028%2015%20007_zpszyx5euog.jpg

After checking out both side, we decided that we would show up at the East side.  We would get a better view of Tinker Bell that way, and it seemed that the sight lines were better.

So, at the appointed time, we showed up at the East side, only to find it wide open, with guests already staking out spots in it.  There was a CM there, and we asked her if we were supposed to scan our Magicbands.  She told us that the East side was not for FP+ viewing tonight, and that we should go over to the area in front of Casey's Corner.

So we did.

The twins found a spot at the front of the grass and took a seat:

2%2028%2015%20108_zpsijy0zaph.jpg

But, do you see how there's a paved area there in front of the grass?

There's nothing to stop other guests from walking up there and standing in front of you if you're sitting on the grass.  And we all know how considerate guests are of each other at WDW.

So, we decided we had better not sit in the grass, and instead stood in the paved area, right at the front rail.

That gave us a good view of the guests on the walkway in front of us, and all the new light posts between the FP+ viewing area and the castle.  But for those distractions, we had a pretty nice view of the fireworks:

2%2028%2015%20121_zpsqexlewxk.jpg

2%2028%2015%20128_zpsvnltr9bo.jpg

You see those people in front of us in those photos?

They're standing on the walkway in front of the FP+ viewing area.  CM's were there to show them where to stand.  They didn't waste any of their FP+ choices on fireworks viewing.  And, they had a better view of the fireworks than we did.  And, we're darned lucky that neither iPad guy or kid on the shoulders guy didn't show up and stand in front of us.  Normally, you can't count on that kind of luck.

The next time we go, I'm going to stand just to the right of this fountain, which is outside of the FP+ viewing area, and has no poles between it and the castle:

2%2028%2015%20132_zpssxqdafjx.jpg

Bottom line- the FP+ viewing area is a huge waste of a FP+ choice.

TCD

"Bottom line- the FP+ viewing area is a huge waste of a FP+ choice."

Thanks TCD we have friends going down shortly and they're trying now to get fast passes - I'll warn them not to waste one on the fireworks!!!!  And send them to the fountain you recommend  :rolleyes: 

Before and After map comparisons posted to FB by Orlando Theme Park News...

BEFORE

19512_1080648168619049_50801197119565508

AFTER

10393150_1080648461952353_18693813406246

https://www.facebook.com/139138469436695/photos/pcb.1080648615285671/1080648461952353/?type=1&theater

Maybe I missed the memo, but I thought the new outer circle was supposed to be......... a circle?    As in go all the way around?  Did they change plans or did I misunderstand?

I wanted to get back to Avatab's question about what is done and what is not done.

This is the before photo from the park map that Mo posted.  I've marked the location of the Rose Garden.  If you're familiar with it, you'll recognize that winding path meandering through that area:

hub%20park%20map%20before_zpsbyc0clru.jp

This is the same area shown on the brand new park maps.  Note that the winding path through the Rose Garden is not shown on the map, but it's still currently there-they have not yet touched that area, except to have removed the old Swan Boat dock:

hub%20park%20map%20after_zpsdh9fahzg.jpg

So, why aren't they showing that path on the map when it's still there?

I'm betting the walls are going up soon, and that whole area is going to be boxed in just like the areas in front of the Plaza and Casey's were for the last year.

This is a Screen Cap I took from the video they posted on the Disney Parks Blog a year ago:

hub%20video_zpsamwmoabj.jpg

In case you're lost, I marked the Rose Garden here- and you can see the path is gone.  Those two areas I've circled haven't been built yet, but you can see that the plan is to continue those wide pathways all around the hub.  They haven't started working on the areas I've circled:

hub%20video.2_zpsvzz4hcbl.jpg

So, there's clearly more construction on the way.  My hope is that since this part of the project doesn't include any filling in of the old moat, it will go faster than the part they just finished, which took them a year.

TCD