The TCD Gang Springs Forward at the Fort- A Spring Break 2014 TR

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, leave Beckers alone, she knows exactly what she's doing. She's my new favorite Fiend.

I have seen them training docking at the Fort. That provided one of the best photos I've ever taken    

I love Agents of Shield. It's really the only show we watch as a family. They are getting ready to start a 7 episode run to the season finale this week! Can't wait! Off topic but my 10 year old dd is

3614101_zps773b8629.jpg

Did you read that bottom part?

How I can use the Meadows (with an s) pool instead of enjoying the dam?

Like what does the pool have to do with the dam?

That's funny, dam it!

The twins said it wasn't.

For what it's worth, I thought it was funny.   :))

I also believe the Lay's guy deserved the hairy eyeball.  Or worse.

Good score on the FP+ stuff.  I am a little nervous about the changes with FP and Guest Assistance with our little G man.  Hopefully going before school is out will work inour favor..  

Referring to your secret that you can't share until later ... did you get to test ride the Mine Train?

And your comment about not being able to pour from your Krups decanter ... we have two Krups, one in the house and one in the moho, and they both have the same problem.  Ours are only 5-7 years old.  So it's a longstanding problem.  If I hadn't gotten both of them free with a rewards program our credit union used to have, they would have both been returned.

I like the tape to fix the coffee pot handle. American ingenuity.

You've tapped into an perplexing question. If an items sole purpose in life is to pour, why can't the geniuses make them pour effectively. Be it a coffee pot or a quart of oil, jeez. Remember the good ole days, when you would buy a can of motor oil, and have to drive that long metal spout through the top. It wasn't perfect, but made it easier to reach the oil fill hole on your engine. So along comes mr. tree hugger EPA guy and decides to replace a functioning product with recycled plastic container which has a snub nose neck. Maybe it was the oil companies who benefit from the wasted oil that I spill. Wait a minute, why am I high jacking a TCD report with a rant. Hope the Troll doesn't find out and charge me a royalty.

Oh ya, and I bet Feisty never noticed the delivery vehicles. That big rig of hers could have probably had better insulation than my house.

Sounds like a great time in the Magic Kingdom. Sounds fun that you were able to walk on a couple rides in the evening. That would be nice if that continued!

Getting woken up by the milkman and chip guy doesn't sound too fun! I remember one year when we were staying at the All Star Music we were on the back side of our building. Early in the morning and in the afternoon when we were taking a break and trying to have a snooze was when their truck with all of the clean towels/sheets/blankets would rattle in loudly for a delivery. After it rattled in, it would back up and we would be serenaded by the horrid, beep, beep, beep, beep.........UGH!!  Now we NEVER vacation without our trusty sound machine that soothes us with the lovely sound of rain. Now we never hear any outside noises.

Looking forward to hear what you guys will be up to next!

Sounds like a great time in the Magic Kingdom. Sounds fun that you were able to walk on a couple rides in the evening. That would be nice if that continued!

Getting woken up by the milkman and chip guy doesn't sound too fun! I remember one year when we were staying at the All Star Music we were on the back side of our building. Early in the morning and in the afternoon when we were taking a break and trying to have a snooze was when their truck with all of the clean towels/sheets/blankets would rattle in loudly for a delivery. After it rattled in, it would back up and we would be serenaded by the horrid, beep, beep, beep, beep.........UGH!!  Now we NEVER vacation without our trusty sound machine that soothes us with the lovely sound of rain. Now we never hear any outside noises.

I just saw Lou reading this trip report.

That was an imposter.

Ok, as I usually do, I lied, it was me. Anyway, I check in, don't read it, on certain TR's if I know that at some point I'm going to be in it. But, if I know TCD, and I think I do, he'll conveniently forget that I ran into him and the girls........... for 30 minutes. 

But there is proof, well kinda, that I did.

Here we go:

The video said it was unavailable in my country.

Maybe the video saw tour groups and figured any viewers would be from brazil?

But why would it not be available for viewers in other countries?

Which video?

The link I posted or the two from Devores?

As far as I know, the folks in these videos are from the good old US of A.  Maybe since you're so close to Canada, you're getting Canadian YouTube or something?

I think you win the cliff hanger award for this one!

Thank you.

I try.

The good thing is that I can tell all in just a week from tomorrow.

At least it said USGS and not Dharma.

The rotting wagon pi***s me off.

How hard is it to fix or replace some canvas?

Not very.

I think they can afford it.

Fort management does not have a good history with wagon repair.

I still say that there's a very good chance we will never see that wagon in front of the Trading Post ever again.

If you let me know the cliffhanger in a PM, it could be just between you and me.

If they dont know you violated your agreement, they can't sue you in a get rich quick scheme.

As tempting as that offer is, I respectfully decline.

As you will eventually learn, my confidential information, while confidential, probably holds little value.  And it will have no value after March 21.

For what it's worth, I thought it was funny.   :))

I also believe the Lay's guy deserved the hairy eyeball.  Or worse.

Good score on the FP+ stuff.  I am a little nervous about the changes with FP and Guest Assistance with our little G man.  Hopefully going before school is out will work inour favor..  

Well, thanks.  Maybe I can get you to give the TCD twins lessons on appreciating humor.

I hope FP+ and Guest Assistance works for you too.  I have a good feeling that it will.  I think the recent changes were directed at those who abuse the system, hopefully making it better for those who actually need it.

I just saw Lou reading this trip report.

Really?

Lou?

He must have clicked on it by mistake.

Referring to your secret that you can't share until later ... did you get to test ride the Mine Train?

And your comment about not being able to pour from your Krups decanter ... we have two Krups, one in the house and one in the moho, and they both have the same problem.  Ours are only 5-7 years old.  So it's a longstanding problem.  If I hadn't gotten both of them free with a rewards program our credit union used to have, they would have both been returned.

I am sorry, but I cannot reveal the secret for another 8 days.  That's why it's called a secret.

I guess I can say what it's not.  It wasn't the Mine Train.   I wish.  My secret is a hundred times lamer than that.  Maybe a thousand times.

That's funny about your Krups coffee makers.  What the heck is wrong with this company?

I'm shook up from the pics of the BABH. I still have nightmares about that thing from your last report.

Perhaps you may wish to avert your eyes from certain photos in the next update.

We are going to get up close and personal with the BABH.

I like the tape to fix the coffee pot handle. American ingenuity.

You've tapped into an perplexing question. If an items sole purpose in life is to pour, why can't the geniuses make them pour effectively. Be it a coffee pot or a quart of oil, jeez. Remember the good ole days, when you would buy a can of motor oil, and have to drive that long metal spout through the top. It wasn't perfect, but made it easier to reach the oil fill hole on your engine. So along comes mr. tree hugger EPA guy and decides to replace a functioning product with recycled plastic container which has a snub nose neck. Maybe it was the oil companies who benefit from the wasted oil that I spill. Wait a minute, why am I high jacking a TCD report with a rant. Hope the Troll doesn't find out and charge me a royalty.

Oh ya, and I bet Feisty never noticed the delivery vehicles. That big rig of hers could have probably had better insulation than my house.

Nice rant.

Very Ron Swanson-esque.

I don't think the Troll would mind one bit.  If he ever reads it.  He seems to be MIA.  Probably under a bridge.

Thanks for the double update today.

I like the Utah floor plan almost better than my Bayside either way the fact we still have our campers with roofs in tact makes us lucky!

Keep on posting and I will keep on reading...

When I bought the Utah, the other finalists were the Bayside and Niagara.  I liked the Bayside, but not how there was a bump out for the sink on the awning side.  And, I liked the couch in the Utah.

You are right about the roofs.  We have a worthless lifetime warranty.  So far, so good.

TCD

I'm glad that you're reading along.

The delivery guys actually weren't that bad.  I will take them over the bus noise that we had all day long at our last site which backed up to the 900/1000 bus stop.

You'll see what we did next eventually.  The next couple of posts will still be from my early morning Fort rounds.

That was an imposter.

Ok, as I usually do, I lied, it was me. Anyway, I check in, don't read it, on certain TR's if I know that at some point I'm going to be in it. But, if I know TCD, and I think I do, he'll conveniently forget that I ran into him and the girls........... for 30 minutes. 

But there is proof, well kinda, that I did.

Ah, come on.

You know you'll get a shout out.  I was glad to see you.  But, that doesn't come until much later in the report.

I'm guessing the Memory Maker ride pictures.... 

TCD,

I think the sign was funny. Too bad the delivery men get up as early as the boy scouts...

I agree with you-Devores' secret must have something to do with the Memory Maker program.

I'm glad you liked the sign.  And, as I said already, those delivery guys weren't that big of a deal. I would take them over a bunch of screaming Boy Scouts any day.

Very nice read on snowy day in Vermont.

I told my husband one of these winters we will be at the fort. I've had enough of snow!

Looking forward to reading more. 

Stay tuned for some beautiful blue sky/sunny day photos.

We had great weather for the rest of the trip.

I love the smell of updates in the morning.

LOL.

Your nose knows.  One is on the way.

TCD

Update time.

We are still on the dam bridge.

This is the metal box that the new Property of the US Government decal is on:

3614106_zpsb5902d1c.jpg

As you can see, it is securely locked.

After all these years of posting photos of this equipment, no one has ever posted a plausible explanation of what it is and why it's here.

I've posted photos of this metal pilgrim hat before:

3614107_zps9bc255e5.jpg

I don't think it's really a metal pilgrim hat.  It must have some purpose.  But what?

The dam looks pretty dam good with its new dam paint job and all:

3614108_zps2364846d.jpg

I guess somebody got paid to put that dam sod down there on the bank of the canal:

3614109_zps9aa975b1.jpg

Whatever they got paid, it was too dam much.

Just sayin'

This is interesting to me.  The dam gates have been removed from the dam bridge, and were stacked over here on the dam ground.  Does that mean the dam gates are going to stay down?:

3614110_zpsdb71d055.jpg

I hope they stay down.

As all of you know, I am a rule follower.  So, I had a dilemma to resolve about whether or not it was OK to step past that ominous white plastic fence and take a peek at the BABH.  Clearly, the sign they had posted there was left over from the cabin pool renovation.  And, they took down those big chain link gates.  So, is the area on the other side of the dam bridge off limits or not?  There was nobody there to ask.  You would think if it was, the chain link gates would still be here.  Right?  I figured a quick peek wouldn't hurt anyone, so I took a quick look:

3614111_zps75387817.jpg

I have no idea how BABH's work.  So this was interesting to me.  Hopefully some of you will find it interesting as well.  The first thing I noticed is that there is no floor in the BABH, just a mesh bottom:

3614112_zps7e748928.jpg

I doubted if there were many residents in the BABH yet, so I took a good look underneath.  If the bats ever move in, I could imagine that this is not something that anyone would want to do:

3614113_zpsdb6267bd.jpg

3614114_zps94b1aada.jpg

This is the back-side of the BABH.  It looks like the other side.  There are no doors or windows.  I think there may be openings under the roof eaves:

3614115_zpsa612e0df.jpg

I didn't hear any bat squeaks, or hear any kind of noise that would indicate that anything was living in the BABH yet.  Which is good, because I had no garlic necklace or wooden stakes on me.  I will try to remember to bring those in the future.

I have always enjoyed the view from near the old cabin, so since I was in the neighborhood, I took that in:

3614116_zps552a21cd.jpg

Here's a photo of a bird in the lake.  Maybe someone who has snow outside his or her window would enjoy looking at this kind of thing:

3614117_zpsde017b2a.jpg

Another Bay Lake photo:

3614118_zps117aab39.jpg

I hope that access to this side of the canal is restored for Fort guests.  I love to come over here to look at these giant cypress trees:

3614119_zps9542d257.jpg

BABH side view:

3614120_zpsc758932c.jpg

Here's another great place to take in a view at the Fort.  The canal as seen from the dam bridge.  Look how the sky is reflecting in the water:

3614121_zps67cd7cc0.jpg

I hope that you take a moment and really enjoy that last photo.  Imagine standing there and seeing that.  Just beautiful, I tell you.

Here's a look down the canal-there's still a yellow floating construction barrier stretched across the canal.  Hopefully that will be removed soon:

3614122_zps47f7f458.jpg

The Abomination looms over the canal in these photos.  Sorry about that:

3614123_zps9d67260e.jpg

3614124_zps3af2e944.jpg

Y'all are lucky that I do not possess the equipment or skills to take a photo back here at night.  Otherwise, you would see that Abomination glowing in the distance and the red lights on its towers blinking.  It's enough to make you cry.

So, never come back here at night.  You'll be sorry if you do.

One last look at the BABH.  For this morning anyway:

3614126_zps27143bc3.jpg

From here, I looped around the 300 loop, and headed out to the newly paved main drag.  The sun continued to rise, and the birds were singing.  And flying.  In fact, the blotch in the middle of this photo is a bird flying:

3614127_zpsf53e8342.jpg

I needed some more coffee, so I headed back toward the 100 loop.

I stopped at the 400 loop to see if some Fiends who were staying there were up and about.  They weren't outside.  So, I took a photo of their likenesses which they had outside:

3614128_zps12a09313.jpg

If you know your Fiends, you'll know whose site that is. 

Here we are on the aptly named Path of Awesomeness:

3614129_zpsd13f2038.jpg

This is site 114 as seen from the POA:

3614130_zps063e8633.jpg

I saw a CM walking away from the Settlement Trading Post with a stack of mail.  He had apparently just collected the mail from the mail drop there.  There was a lot more mail than I would have expected.  Who the heck would even mail something from that mailbox anyway? Well, I didn't actually see him get the mail from the mailbox, so maybe what he had was company documents.  Like sales records and stuff.  Or delivery receipts from the milkman and the chip guy.  I don't know.  What was strange, though, is that he parked his white van all the way down by the old River Country entrance:

3614131_zpsb527bc5d.jpg

I wonder why?

Squirrel!:

3614132_zps4e9738fd.jpg

I love how you can see Bay Lake through the trees here.  Look- there's the MK ferry heading out for the day:

3614133_zps40b322e2.jpg

I love to visit this area in the morning, when there are no golf carts around:

3614135_zps0927fa01.jpg

If you care, there's a new sign advertising Fishin' at the Fort there to the left of the path to the marina in that last photo.

Let's observe a moment of silence for the Lawnmower Tree:

3614136_zps6e2120da.jpg

Here's another look at the MK Ferry.  The trees you see in the foreground will all be history if they ever follow through with the plans to expand the parking area here to accommodate the new dining pavilion.  Let's hope that never happens:

3614137_zps38122d2b.jpg

That's enough for this update.

Next up, we will take a look at the construction project going on at the old River Country pavilion.  And enjoy Clementine's Beach.

TCD

Which is good, because I had no garlic necklace or wooden stakes on me.  I will try to remember to bring those in the future.

Might want to bring a BAH (Big A** Hat) as well, in case any of the new residents decides to relieve themselves while you are peering up! :wetpants:  :panic:

As always, I really enjoyed your early morning photos!

And disappointed that you didn't get to test the Mine Train.

I'm glad you like early morning photos.  Because the next update will have a bunch more.

I don't think any civilians have tested the Mine Train yet.  I plan on being among the first, but it's not time yet.

Might want to bring a BAH (Big A** Hat) as well, in case any of the new residents decides to relieve themselves while you are peering up! :wetpants:  :panic:

Good idea.

But, once there are residents in the BABH, my A is staying away from underneath it.  Hat or on hat, I do not want any of what will be falling out of the bottom of that thing.

TCD