A Shining New Era is Tiptoeing Nearer for the TCD Gang

I am going to be in Orlando tomorrow for the taping of the Tonight Show.  Look for me on TV with Jimmy Fallon tomorrow night.

I just panicked and turned on the Tonight Show so i could look for you.  

Then i turned my computer back on, logged back into FF, just to confirm I had the right night.

I didn't.

Going to bed so i can be up tomorrow evening to watch, Lord willing.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a photo that makes me smile.   The backstory on this is that one of Twin #2's roommates ended up being a "friend of" Stitch.  She told Twin #2 to come visit her in Tomorrowland one day, and the

Leia is definitely following you. At least it is the 1983 version following you and not the 2014 version.

I'm in...  page 5 ?    I need to stop working and spend more time here...   Thanks for the princess photos. 

TCD - 

Just taking a moment to thank you.  Sitting reading a TR about WDW and FW is a great way to spend an afternoon. :)

(If you have to sit still with your knee being iced in Upstate SC.)

You are most welcome.

And I hope your knee is feeling better.

Have a great time at the show and a safe trip to see your daughter.

Thanks.  It was quite the weekend. but we made it to and back from both Orlando and Auburn safely.  That was a lot of driving, though.  Especially after the Key West trip.  I'm ready to stay home for a while.

That is so funny.  I just read that to my daughters and they were like 'noooo!'  They have been begging me to try to get tickets to a New York taping of his show for us.

Did you see the clip from last night, I think, where he rides the roller coaster with Kevin Hart?  That would totally be me on that coaster.

I did see that clip, and I had to try that coaster for myself.

Wow.

It's intense.  And very fun.

Say Hi to G-Pez and Bulldog for me.......

I did my best from nearly the back row.  But, I did get to see them both.

It's good to be TCD, but it's even better to be TCD enjoying a nice long weekend. Enjoy!

True.

But, I'm tired.

Maybe TCD will get some more bonus material, he has 2 chances.

Of course there's more bonus material.

Stay tuned.

I just panicked and turned on the Tonight Show so i could look for you.  

Then i turned my computer back on, logged back into FF, just to confirm I had the right night.

I didn't.

Going to bed so i can be up tomorrow evening to watch, Lord willing.

I have now watched the show on the DVR, and we came close to getting on TV, but didn't make it.

Bummer.

It was still a lot of fun, and we did get to go into the park after the taping.  For free.  That was sweet.

Have fun where somthing crazy so you get on TV.

The TCD twins would not allow any such thing.

I wore a red t-shirt, thinking it would stand out.  There were a few other guys in red t-shirts, and they did stand out when the camera panned the crowd, but the camera didn't quite make it to our row.

Good luck on getting on tv.

Hope you have a great trip visiting DD.

Getting on TV was a fail.

But, both trips were fun.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks!

We ended up having fun in both places.  And I ended up with still more bonus material to share.

So we all won.

TCD

Have a great weekend!

Happy Birthday to your oldest DD.

Thanks.

She just turned 23.

Which is the same age Mrs. TCD was when we got married.

Which seems really young now.

Me too!   Love George Lopez

Were you at Moe's when JF and Pitbull played beer pong?  Were you anywhere near Krusty, Marge or Lisa in the crowd?

Have a great weekend.

They taped the beer pong segment earlier in the day.  If I had known where and when they were taping it, I would have been there.

We just got to see the part they did in the studio.  Which was a blast.  Jimmy Fallon is an amazingly talented guy.  There were no re-takes.  He nailed everything.

Tried to find you on TV but never saw you.

Yeah, we were in the middle, but toward the back.  There was a camera on a robotic arm that kept scanning the crowd right over our heads.  We were under that camera, not in front of it.

We went through Auburn yesterday!  It was a beautiful day, but VERY hot!!  Hope you got some lemonade at Toomers!! War Eagle!  

Good Lord, it was hot in Alabama.

But, you called it correctly.  These photos were taken on two different days:

My sweaty arm:

toomers5_zpsb8552734.jpg

Oldest TCD DD and Twin #1 (Twin #2 did not make the trip) :

toomers6_zps4519e201.jpg

Quit working and give us an update!

Sorry.

I will get right on it!

TCD

Thanks.

She just turned 23.

Which is the same age Mrs. TCD was when we got married.

Which seems really young now.

Agreed! I was married and had 2 kids by 23, my boys are 27 and 28, and only 1 is married, the youngest it may be a couple more years at the least.

I've been meaning to get an update posted today, and here it is!

We left off with some sad rotting River Country photos.

The sad, rotting part is behind the fence.

They are keeping things up on the other side of the fence, and the old River Country entry area never looked better.  They sure did install a lot of new lights:

52314325_zps3410bcb0.jpg

I'm sure all the electricity they waste by lighting the things more than an hour before sunset means that another rate hike for campsites is on the way:

52314326_zps5ae8163b.jpg

This is where the River Country water tower once stood.  Until they chopped it down to use as a prop at the Meadow Pool:

52314327_zps3389d496.jpg

There's the enclosed area that the guys working on Pioneer Hall have been using:

52314328_zps7424088c.jpg

It's supper time now.  But, the area is still pretty deserted for a holiday weekend, don't you think?:

52314329_zps4e06927b.jpg

This field may one day be covered by DVC buildings:

52314330_zps0134a23f.jpg

Same with this end of the beach:

52314331_zps91257b67.jpg

Nobody was out and about this evening, other than that lady down there in the golf cart who must not be able to read- she probably passed two or three "No Carts" signs before she got there:

52314332_zps3cd86202.jpg

The high top tables on Crockett's Porch continue to proliferate at an alarming rate:

52314333_zps62c4b921.jpg

52314334_zps45d8131f.jpg

Would you believe that on the Friday evening of Memorial Day weekend, there are empty rocking chairs waiting to be occupied on the porch?:

52314335_zps2233e20d.jpg

And there are plenty of open tables.  In fact, they're all open:

52314336_zpsd79e09ba.jpg

Nobody was taking carriage rides:

52314337_zps3ab24a99.jpg

There were a few kids enjoying the playground, but not nearly as many as I would have expected:

52314338_zps9c8c525c.jpg

Hey, now here's something interesting-a bicycle built for two:

52314339_zps18574d8c.jpg

It was around here that I ordered the chicken.

Sunset over Pioneer Hall:

52314340_zps613b47df.jpg

Sunset over Clementine's Beach:

52314341_zps01e1ee65.jpg

Right as the sun sank behind the trees, Twin #2 arrived, and just after that, our beeper went off, and I snapped one last photo before the sun departed:

52314342_zps74fd3bd9.jpg

There was just the two of us, but I still ordered a GAG.  We did the best we could, but there was a ton left over.  We did pretty good on the sides, but Twin #2 only ate one piece of chicken, and I could only eat two.  No way was that chicken going to waste, so I packed it up, and shoved 7 pieces of fried chicken into my backpack.  Like I told Twin #2, maybe I would get hungry later, and I would be munching on a piece of fried chicken while watching a parade or something.

Our view as we dined:

52314343_zpsb0e2d8fc.jpg

I had a late Space Mountain FP+ reservation on the other TCD girls' MB's so wanted to head to Space Mountain when we arrived at the park.  When we came back to the MK last year at around the same time, Main Street was gridlock.  We encountered the same thing this time.  But, when we hit that, I looked to the right and saw that they had the bypass next to Tony's open.  We walked though there, and came out in Tommorrowland.  Crazy.  The Hashtag Incredibles Dance Party was going strong:

52314344_zpsa398f6dd.jpg

I remembered to look at the camera this time.  But the grumpy lady in the back of our rocket didn't:

52314346_zpse7b255ea.jpg

Since there were supposed to be special characters in the MSEP parade, I used one of our six FP+'s for the MSEP.  Normally, I wouldn't do this, but tonight it was a good choice.  We had a nice reserved and not crowded area:

52314347_zps392596fd.jpg

We wanted to be right on the street, and the spaces in front of the castle were taken.  This was our view.  This photo also has a bonus shot of a lady hoovering a hot dog:

52314348_zpsc2509759.jpg

As promised, there were some rare villain characters in the parade:

52314353_zpsa16410a3.jpg

52314354_zps0edfa079.jpg

We had heard that Meg was going to be there, and also heard that she would be doing a meet and greet later in the night.  Twin #2 wanted to meet her:

52314355_zpsa6f48c27.jpg

Here are some more of the rare villain characters- like Oogie Boogie, Bowler Hat Guy and Howie Mandel:

52314357_zpsded79cab.jpg

This Bowler Hat Guy is very creepy:

52314358_zpsdae13035.jpg

I recognize one of the floats they used as a MNSHHP parade float:

52314360_zpsd1966f3a.jpg

After the villains pre-parade, the regular MSEP followed:

52314362_zps88ca5c71.jpg

I have some more parade photos to share, and then we will be off to search for Meg from Hercules.

TCD

Oops- I forgot to leave room for this in my last post.

As you may recall, they had a streaming live webcam posted on the train station for the day.

I posted a couple of times on a thread relating to that camera to let Fiends watching from home when I might be in the area of the camera.

A couple of Fiends claim to have seen me.

But only one recorded it to prove he had earned bragging rights.

Way to go Aaron!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbHE_3o3HFw

That's me waving my Olaf hat in the video.  This was right when we arrived back in the MK that night.  There are seven pieces of fried chicken there in my backpack.

TCD

Nice update.

I'm sure that extra GAG chicken came in handy.

Howie Mandel is creepy

Yes, that GAG chicken came in very handy.  I'm about to share that in the next update.

Agreed about Howie.  I was surprised to see him.  I didn't even know he was a Disney villain.

I agree. I don't think I would wait in line to meet Howie Mandel. He is creepy.

Meg, however, I would wait to see her. Nice parade photos.

Wow, this is a tough crowd for Howie.

Wait until you hear about the Meg line.

TCD

Since I am falling behind pace on this TR, here comes another update.

This one will bring us to the end of the Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour event.

But it will not bring us to the end of this report.  There is much, much more to come.  Much.

As indicated, after the villains, it was the regular MSEP:

52314364_zpsa2e06c5c.jpg

Although it's hard to tell in this photo, I am 99% sure that this Fairy Godmother was female:

52314370_zpsdee515f6.jpg

I'll be darned if that creepy little Pete didn't stare right at us and talk to us as he rode by on Elliot.  I do not enjoy this young man:

52314371_zps1d6d97ba.jpg

52314372_zpsc463cf19.jpg

What's more American than a giant illuminated bald eagle?:

52314374_zps3ede50cd.jpg

And, that was that.

We had received word that Meg and Hades would be meeting guests near Storybook Circus after the parade. As far as I could tell, this was not published in the guide for the day, or mentioned on the Disney Parks Blog.  So, I was hoping that the crowds wouldn't be bad.  We discussed going to do something for a while, and then going back to check on the Meg and Hades meet and greet.  But, then we decided that we ought to go and check on that first.  When we did, we found a pretty messy situation.

As near as anyone knew, the meet and greet would take place at the big wooden gates next to the new Storybook Circus gift shop- which are the gates they used to access the Mine Train work site.  When we arrived, there was a very unorganized line that started at those gates, and wound all the way around Storybook Circus.  There were CM's there trying to organize things, but they were from the gift shop, and not the normal character attendants, and they were making a mess of things.  

When we saw the mess, we figured that we had better get in the line and wait.  After a while, some character CM's showed up, and got the line organized.  It ended up stretching back into Storybook Circus, curving around the tent, and going all the way back to the phone charging/FP+ station they have back there near the train station.  They cut the line there, and didn't allow anyone else to join it.  We were about halfway in the line, which was good, as we were up against a stone wall, and we could sit down and lean against it.  I guess it was around midnight by the time the line was set and we were in place.  We thought Meg would be out shortly, and that we might be investing an hour on this.  Fine with me, I had a place to sit and wait.  So we sat and waited.  After a while, it became apparent that most of the guests in this line were MK CM's.  There were no old folks like me.  There were no young kids. They were all were young folks in their 20's.  And a lot of them knew each other.  There was a group of girls right in front of us that were definitely MK CM's because Twin #2 struck up a conversation with them, and they told her where they worked, and she told them she was a new CM too.  Those girls were taking time going off to do other things, and Twin #2 went off with them and also went and charged her phone for a while.  After a bit, news was passed down the line that Meg would not be coming out until 2 am.  Under other circumstances, I would have said forget that. But Twin #2 was happy, and I was comfortable, so I didn't care.  In fact, I put my backpack full of chicken down and used it as a pillow, and stretched all the way out right there on the ground, and went to sleep.  Meg could take as long as she wanted as far as I was concerned.

At one point, I did get up to walk around a bit, and took a look in the big tent.  They had special candy apples that they were selling for this event.  Maybe they were good, but I'm not going to pay 10 bucks for a candy apple, so I'll never know:

52314378_zpsa0ccead5.jpg

52314379_zpsced7d039.jpg

After I had enjoyed the air conditioning, I went back to my fried chicken pillow and rested some more.  BTW fried chicken in a backpack makes a good pillow.

And, that is how we passed the hours of midnight to 2 am.  Doing nothing.

At 2, Meg and Hades did, in fact, appear.

And the line moved pretty good.

Then it stopped.

We were then informed that Meg and Hades would be on break, and in their place, Pain and Panic from Hercules would meet instead.

The people in line in front of us were not amused.

In fact, some of them were angry.

They refused to move.

It looked kind of like this:

52314380_zps8f54924f.jpg

After a while, guests from the front of the line came down the line to let us know that they were basically mutinying and would not be moving until Meg came back out.  If anyone wanted to not wait and meet Pain and Panic, that would be fine with them.

Twin #2 said she liked Pain and Panic, and they're rare too, so we took advantage of that offer, and we met them instead:

painandpanic_zps716b96a5.jpg

PanicHug_zps6c0e6823.jpg

So no Meg or Hades for us.

But, Twin #2 was fine with that.

And so was I.

Now what?

It was near 3:30 at this point.

We had three hours left.

But we were both pretty tired.

We decided to head out to the castle and see the dance party.

It was your basic 3:30 am dance party in front of the castle:

52314385_zpsc7c092a2.jpg

Twin #2 said she was ready to go.

I still had to drive home, and that sounded good to me.

So, we headed out.

As we headed down Main Street, we ran right into Mo and Nicole!

They told us that they had just gotten some free baked goods at the Confectionary.  So we decided that we needed to stop there.

But first, I had to take a Main Street Clock selfie:

52314387_zps1266cd26.jpg

It was kind of a shame that we were leaving now, but I was looking forward to my bed:

52314388_zps2441dc42.jpg

We stopped by the Confectionary, but didn't see any free stuff.

So, we headed to the bus stop.

This is a bad photo taken when I was half asleep, but there was a Fort Wilderness bus at the MK bus stop:

52314389_zps20cf8235.jpg

That photo was taken at 3:43 am, and is the last I have from that night.

From here, we got to our cars, and headed home.  I may have munched on some chicken to help pass the time.

I got home at 6, and went right to sleep.

And that's all I have to say about the 24 hour day.

Less than a week later, Twin #1 was back from Europe.

And she wanted to see her twin sister.

Plus, she hadn't been to one Star Wars weekend yet.

So, we had to go back.

I'll tell you about that in the next update.

TCD

No pictures with Mo and Nicole?!?!

I might have to have Jason pick up chicken on the way home....

Yes, no photos of Mo and Nicole.

We had all been up for nearly 24 hours at that point, and had spent our days sweating in the parks.

Not a good time to take photos.

Is Jason coming to your house?

GAG pillows. Collect the whole set.

I had psychic powers and new the exact time you would appear in front of the live cam near the train station.

Somehow i lost those powers right after that.

Sorry that you lost your psychic powers.  Those could have come in useful.

trade chicken for cinammon rolls? :)

How is that going to work?

TCD