A Shining New Era is Tiptoeing Nearer for the TCD Gang

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a photo that makes me smile.   The backstory on this is that one of Twin #2's roommates ended up being a "friend of" Stitch.  She told Twin #2 to come visit her in Tomorrowland one day, and the

Leia is definitely following you. At least it is the 1983 version following you and not the 2014 version.

I'm in...  page 5 ?    I need to stop working and spend more time here...   Thanks for the princess photos. 

Those were some interesting things Twin #2 pointed out! 

I'm glad to hear they still add little things like that, even if most people never notice.

I do that picture was from 1983, here it is:

1983DW12.jpg

That's me when I was two with my aunt.

I see the antlers in both pictures but I can't really tell much more than that.

WBI

Well I found this picture of the Tom Sawyer Blacksmith shop and I think that's where my picture is from:

TSI37.jpg

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2010/07/tom_sawyer_island_1.html

The bars on the window look the same where people can look inside and you can see the tower off to the right.

WBI

On the way, I noticed something I've never noticed on the wall next to Pecos Bill's:

101614084_zps208fab0f.jpg

I never knew there was a place to get your clothes washed in the Magic Kingdom.  I'll have to check that place out on a future visit.

I wish it was the real Chinese Laundry shoe store!  I LOVE their shoes!

Yeah yeah ya'll are so funny.

By the way I do look pretty manly as I carry that pink floral bag, well as long as my wife is next to me it makes me look like a gentlemen.  If she walks away, then its just awkward.

WBI

OK, sorry.

If anyone questions your manhood, just hit them with your purse.  I mean your wife's purse.

Those were some interesting things Twin #2 pointed out! 

I'm glad to hear they still add little things like that, even if most people never notice.

I do that picture was from 1983, here it is:

1983DW12.jpg

That's me when I was two with my aunt.

I see the antlers in both pictures but I can't really tell much more than that.

WBI

Yup, that's the photo I was thinking of.  I couldn't find it  Those logs you're standing next to don't look right, but are those folks on the right at the Shootin' Gallery?

Nope, you solved this mystery below.

Cat girl= scary :what2:

True.

Something was definitely not right there.

Well I found this picture of the Tom Sawyer Blacksmith shop and I think that's where my picture is from:

TSI37.jpg

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2010/07/tom_sawyer_island_1.html

The bars on the window look the same where people can look inside and you can see the tower off to the right.

WBI

Mystery solved!

Good job.

I don't remember the Blacksmith shop on Tom Sawyer Island. It's time for me to pay it another visit.

We need to get BW and blue cat ear girl together for a Celebrity Death Match.

Now, that would be entertaining.

As long as Cat Girl didn't say anything disrespectful to BW about Peter Pan, then I think Cat Girl would win.  She has the crazy factor going for her.  Plus she's hyped up on Icee's.

By the way, I left out a detail about Cat Girl.  I initially thought that she had on Stitch ears.  But, then there was the tail.  The girls pointed out that the ears were actually Queen Elsa ears.  Which still doesn't explain the tail.

Her proper name, therefore, is Frozen Cat Girl, or FCG for short.

TCD

It took a few days but I'm finally Caught up.

Great TR as usual. I wouldn't expect any thing less.

Way. Way to much to comment on.

However there are Two things I need to comment on.

1. I think it's so cool that twin # 1is rockin the Tiki Hut. I know I'm goofy but I love that place. I don't know why I like it. I just do. I hope she's working there when we are there for Christmas.

2. I have to defend my Puerto Rican heritage. I hate to tell you, but you got robbed at the Puerto Rican booth at Epcot. They didn't give you any bolitas de papas.

Now, IIRC you said that you've had fried plantains before so you know that they are really sweet and tasty. But why the heck did they serve them with mayo ketchup? And yes your right. It's mayo mixed with ketchup.

The mayo ketchup is for the potato balls (bolitas de papas( which my grandma always stuffed with meat, or my favorite, cheese)). They never gave you any bolitas de papas.

And tostones have to be fried. Not only do they need to be fried but they have to be fried twice. After you cut the plantains you fry them for a few minutes and then you take them out, smash them and then fry them again. No one bakes them.

And hear i thought it may have been the one person excitedly awaiting the Blue People Land arrival at AK.

I will continue my search for that elusive person.

LOL.

You must have missed this guy:

I guess this blue guy is from Avatar.  And the lady with him is a scientist or something?  I don't like seeing blue aliens in a Disney Park.  But, I guess I need to get over that:

92814180_zpsbc0ad547.jpg

Isn't it Twin #1 that works in Adventureland? But Twin #2 gave you the tour of Adventureland? Or do I have my twins mixed up?

Too funny on code Wall E.

You are right!

I goofed.

I went back and fixed it.  Twin #1 is the Adventureland expert.

Wow, this TR is EPIC.

I'm so far behind.

I wanted to comment on how nice that picture of the golf ball was, but I think that was 30 pages ago

Thanks, Fred.

I liked that golf ball photo too.

I have a friend who was traveling with a large (both in number and size) group of men who caused a code wall e. Said the CM's had to push the boat, it must have been a site to see. I think it was at DL and not DW.

Interesting.

I thought the Code Wall E thing was new because of the new Pirates boats.

The ride evacuations definitely are happening with much greater frequency now than they did before they brought in those new boats.

FCG can never beat BW. She doesn't have drawings.

LOL.

I didn't think about that.

You're right.  BW has magical powers.  FCG just has fake ears and a fake tail.

It took a few days but I'm finally Caught up.

Great TR as usual. I wouldn't expect any thing less.

Way. Way to much to comment on.

However there are Two things I need to comment on.

1. I think it's so cool that twin # 1is rockin the Tiki Hut. I know I'm goofy but I love that place. I don't know why I like it. I just do. I hope she's working there when we are there for Christmas.

2. I have to defend my Puerto Rican heritage. I hate to tell you, but you got robbed at the Puerto Rican booth at Epcot. They didn't give you any bolitas de papas.

Now, IIRC you said that you've had fried plantains before so you know that they are really sweet and tasty. But why the heck did they serve them with mayo ketchup? And yes your right. It's mayo mixed with ketchup.

The mayo ketchup is for the potato balls (bolitas de papas( which my grandma always stuffed with meat, or my favorite, cheese)). They never gave you any bolitas de papas.

And tostones have to be fried. Not only do they need to be fried but they have to be fried twice. After you cut the plantains you fry them for a few minutes and then you take them out, smash them and then fry them again. No one bakes them.

I wish you could get to the Puerto Rico booth and get things straightened out.  Because what they served me was not good at all.  I am telling you, what I had tasted nothing like plantains. 

TCD

We left off with the Festival of Fantasy parade about to begin.

I've lost count of how many times we've seen this parade now.  Personally, I've seen it enough.  The TCD girls have seen it more than I have, but they still want to see it every chance they get.

At 3:00, we could hear the parade music, signaling that the parade was on its way toward us.

Those suspicious people in the dark blue shirts were still standing across the way.  They were now standing at what is called parade rest:

101614113_zps9db07ebc.jpg

As the parade approached, I found out what those two were doing over there.  They were sign language interpreters- just look at them go:

101614114_zps463a146c.jpg

101614115_zps18710876.jpg

101614116_zpsbcd4625d.jpg

How do you like that?

I am the first to criticize Disney for some of the bone-headed things they do, but this is impressive.  I assume that they have these two perform at every parade.  Good for them.

Now, we are going to look at some parade photos.  Just for the rest of this post, and then we will be done.  It will go quick, I promise.

The first people you see in the parade are called Swan Dancers.  I didn't know that, but the twins told me that's what they're called:

101614119_zpsbb4c75a8.jpg

This was our first time viewing the parade when we weren't on Main Street or in Frontierland.  This spot actually provided a neat vantage point, because the floats had to turn toward us, and the area they passed us was kind of narrow:

101614120_zpsb23cd827.jpg

The Frozen girls were spinning today:

101614123_zps7868f15f.jpg

So, we got to see them and Tiana as well:

101614126_zps3dbec8f0.jpg

That weird mime got up close and personal with the oldest TCD DD:

101614133_zpsc7d7ee54.jpg

The TCD girls prefer to be on the Flynn Rider side of the parade.  They got their wish today:

101614138_zps37113861.jpg

Ariel in the sun:

101614149_zps6b916590.jpg

Here's a photo that shows what I mean about how we could see the floats turn before coming toward us. This spot gave us a good view of the floats before they were right in front of us.  Here comes the Peter Pan float:

101614152_zps36c02fd0.jpg

This float is too darned high:

101614160_zps6e1d4f59.jpg

Mr. Smee is still walking, and Go Gata:

101614161_zps069bd0f6.jpg

All of the fairies were moving under their own power today:

101614170_zps8a5b9c73.jpg

It's amazing how they appear to float along effortlessly, and spin:

101614171_zpse0b227c5.jpg

We have speculated that they're on some kind of modified segways, but the fairies don't appear to be leaning to control how they move and stop. They seem very stable.

Zooming in on the hand of one of the fairies, you can see that there is definitely a wire connected to the magic wand:

magicwand_zps03f00521.jpg

I think these wands control their movements. But, it's hard to tell.

Next came the dragon:

101614175_zps50db8e8c.jpg

She breathed some fire as she approached, but none while in front of us.  It was breezy.  Maybe they don't want flames getting too close to the Liberty Tree.

So, we just got smoke, and no fire:

101614179_zps605bf448.jpg

No fire, but still a cool photo:

101614180_zpsa49e89b8.jpg

My favorite part of the Dragon is the guy who wags the tail.  No matter who it is, this CM always tries hard:

101614184_zpseca67f9d.jpg

BTW- In that last photo, you can see that the sing language interpreters are still at it.

The Dwarfs:

101614188_zpsb1d7d6fe.jpg

I never thought about this, but some of these floats bend in the middle to make turns. You can see that here as the float with Pinocchio on it approaches:

101614192_zps9fe88b31.jpg

The bubble machine was in overdrive today:

101614194_zpsf03631f3.jpg

Good old Chip, Dale and Goofy:

101614202_zps0101e1ab.jpg

The last float, but maybe the coolest float:

101614204_zps9dde7fc8.jpg

The end:

101614206_zpsfe1f84a9.jpg

It was 3:24 when the end of the parade passed us.

At 4:00 guests with MNSHP tickets would begin to enter the park.

We needed to get in position for another round of people watching.

And that's what's coming next.

TCD

All of the fairies were moving under their own power today:

101614170_zps8a5b9c73.jpg

It's amazing how they appear to float along effortlessly, and spin:

101614171_zpse0b227c5.jpg

We have speculated that they're on some kind of modified segways, but the fairies don't appear to be leaning to control how they move and stop. They seem very stable.

Zooming in on the hand of one of the fairies, you can see that there is definitely a wire connected to the magic wand:

magicwand_zps03f00521.jpg

TCD

This is the best shot I can find of one of those fairies with their wheels exposed.

fairy_zps31bd6e82.jpg

I can only see one wheel, and it appears to be a platform there as well. I would like to see more of how this works but not sure if a Segway would be involved. 

And I'm ready to see more of the folks coming in.

The dragon does not breath fire in the area you were sitting. She stops breathing around the tree and does not breath again until clearing the bridge. Too many buildings and trees too close to the parade route to risk it. So if you want to see the fire, do not sit in this area.

Over at Epcot today.  Tried the haggis from Scotland.  It tasted nothing like haggis.  No liver or other innards flavoring the pattie.  BUT it was good, so were the neeps and tatties.  The turnips are coarsely mashed and have a sweet flavor, the tatties were very smoothly mashed.  Served hot. 

Next tried the trout from Canada, that was good too.  Walked by the sorry log men show.   DH tried the dessert trio and from Canada  the steak and mushrooms.  I got a sample of the 'shrooms, good!

I paid money for the Keys to the Kingdom Tour for next month. I'm learning more from this! :). I remember our first trip to DW. The MK was the last place we got to. I remember thinking it was just an old amusement park (gasp!) but I have come to appreciate and love the details like the bottle from the Pirates movie! Thank you TCD!

Over at Epcot today.  Tried the haggis from Scotland.  It tasted nothing like haggis.  No liver or other innards flavoring the pattie.  BUT it was good, so were the neeps and tatties.  The turnips are coarsely mashed and have a sweet flavor, the tatties were very smoothly mashed.  Served hot. 

Next tried the trout from Canada, that was good too.  Walked by the sorry log men show.   DH tried the dessert trio and from Canada  the steak and mushrooms.  I got a sample of the 'shrooms, good!

The haggis in Scotland is vegetarian, so no meat.  We tried it a couple of weeks ago and really liked it.

Whitney

The haggis in Scotland is vegetarian, so no meat.  We tried it a couple of weeks ago and really liked it.

Whitney

Yep, I knew it was vegetarian offering at the Scotland kiosk and wondered how it would taste.   As I said, it tasted really good and so did the companion vegies. 

Whitney, do you know why it is called a haggis?  Is that a Scottish style of a hash and is made in various fashions? 

I always thought the haggis is made with the innards of sheep plus other things, maybe grains?  I asked at the cash register and was told it is full of grains.

This is the best shot I can find of one of those fairies with their wheels exposed.

fairy_zps31bd6e82.jpg

I can only see one wheel, and it appears to be a platform there as well. I would like to see more of how this works but not sure if a Segway would be involved. 

And I'm ready to see more of the folks coming in.

Good job.  It looks like there is a round base with wheels under the dress.  Because the fairies do not seem to be moving their bodies to control their motion, I also don't think it's a form of a Segway that they're riding on. But, it's still not clear to me how they are able to move like they do.  As big as those dresses are, it's possible that they're sitting down and using foot pedals.

The dragon does not breath fire in the area you were sitting. She stops breathing around the tree and does not breath again until clearing the bridge. Too many buildings and trees too close to the parade route to risk it. So if you want to see the fire, do not sit in this area.

That makes sense.

That's a big strike against this area then. The dragon breathing fire is my favorite part of the parade.

I wonder if the fairies are using this. I saw it in a magazine on the plane.

83FD240E-AB7A-4E67-BD09-E2B7F9DBB26B.jpg

Wow, that looks dangerous.

Wiping out on one of those would not be much fun.

You tried two things that I haven't.  Maybe I'll try the haggis.  But, I'm not sure about that trout.  You can smell the Canada booth from quite a ways.  The steak and mushrooms, on the other hand, is one of our top five Food and Wine items.

Looking forward to more people watching!

A couple of posts full of people watching are on the way!

I paid money for the Keys to the Kingdom Tour for next month. I'm learning more from this! :). I remember our first trip to DW. The MK was the last place we got to. I remember thinking it was just an old amusement park (gasp!) but I have come to appreciate and love the details like the bottle from the Pirates movie! Thank you TCD!

I have always wanted to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour.  One of these days I will.  I have never seen the Utilidors, and really want to.  The twins say that what guests to see on the tour is pretty bland.  The really interesting stuff is off limits to guests.  But, unless you're a CM, the Keys to the Kingdom tour is the best you can hope to do.

Whitney

OK, that seals the deal. I'm going to have to try the haggis.  It is not something I particularly want to try, but two of you have said it's good.

Yep, I knew it was vegetarian offering at the Scotland kiosk and wondered how it would taste.   As I said, it tasted really good and so did the companion vegies. 

Whitney, do you know why it is called a haggis?  Is that a Scottish style of a hash and is made in various fashions? 

I always thought the haggis is made with the innards of sheep plus other things, maybe grains?  I asked at the cash register and was told it is full of grains.

Right- I always thought haggis was a mess of stuff nobody would even dream of eating stuffed inside of a sheep stomach.  Not something I ever wanted to try.  In fact, I don't even like to think about it.

TCD

Thursday, October 16 was a MNSSHP night, which meant that party guests would be let in beginning at 4 pm.

Twin #1 had to leave us at this point.  She had to work.  She had her costume with her, so she just had to disappear into a Utilidor and head to her locker.

The other girls wanted to do some shopping.  So, I headed to the Main Street Bakery and picked up a frozen coffee drink, and found a spot on the shady side of Main Street to watch the guests roll in.

They must have started letting the party guests even a bit before 4 pm, because the party guests were streaming in as I got in position with my pumpkin spice FrappuccinoTM.

This photo was taken at 4:04 pm. This family had Finding Nemo costumes, and had just taken a group shot.  You can see that the mom is dressed as Darla, complete with head gear.  You can also see some Ninja Turtles waiting for their turn for a photo.  I thought this was a good spot for people watching, but that balloon vendor might be a problem:

101614208_zps5eddd0a4.jpg

I thought I had a good spot, because I could see the party guests coming.  Here you can see the line of CM's directing guests leaving the park to exit to the right.  This was just a bit past 4, and regular guests (like us) didn't have to leave until 7:

101614209_zps628b9c86.jpg

Because of that line of CM's, and people walking in front of me, I began to have second thoughts about this spot.  But, this is where I told the girls to meet me, so I decided I would wait here until they showed up and then move someplace better.  For now, though, I spotted a guy in a King costume coming in:

101614210_zps4e8925e8.jpg

Here's a funny story about that last photo.  Right after this, a woman in a skin tight body suit with a print showing her internal organs walked by.  Simultaneously, the balloons from the CM standing next to me blew right in front of me, so I missed getting a photo.  And I was disappointed.  But, look at that last photo again.  There she is, over to the right.  Here's a close up:

bodysuit_zpsa61928a7.jpg

That photo does not give the full effect.  For the full effect, you would need to see that lady from the rear.  I couldn't believe she left her house in that thing.  She must not have a full length mirror. Or maybe she is vision impaired. Or drunk.

This is the shot I tried to take of the lady in the anatomic model body suit. Dang balloons!:

101614211_zps10449c60.jpg

Hey look, it's Russell and Kevin from UP!:

101614212_zpsf4e19930.jpg

You have got to be kidding me!:

101614215_zps1fdc504f.jpg

That last balloon attack was courtesy of this Chowd, who had to buy one particular balloon from that bunch.  I'm sure the CM's love guys like him.  He's there on the left. Over there to the center, we have a family with a dad as Flynn Rider, mom as Rapunzel, a little girl as Minnie, and the tweens as Alice in Wonderland characters.  Cute costumes, but they all should have stuck with one theme:

101614218_zps008a535c.jpg

Hey look, it's iPad girl.  Very clever costume idea:

101614219_zpsb44412dd.jpg

PB & J:

101614220_zps6e1ac5c7.jpg

You know what I didn't see a lot of?  Wonder Women costumes.  Remember, we saw one earlier, but none so far in these first moments of the Halloween party guests entering the park.  What we did have a lot of this afternoon were Queen Elsas.  There's one at 12:00:

101614221_zps1d0e7370.jpg

Look at these 3 guys.  One of them has a UF shirt on.  The other one has his iPhone on a stick.  Must be UF engineering students.  I wonder why they don't have dates?:

101614222_zps39070fae.jpg

This place turned out to not be a good place to take photos from.  There's a pirate family over there, but they're being blocked by a normal family:

101614223_zps7672d9ac.jpg

There goes a whole bunch of Incredibles.  Too many.  More than they had in the movie:

101614224_zps102d3779.jpg

Look over there.  Another Queen Elsa.  And her brother got roped in to being Olaf.  His carrot makes him look like a unicorn more than a snowman.  It looks like dad is an XL Kristoff.  Good job.   Looks like they have a kid in the stroller too.  I wonder who the kid is dressed as?:

101614226_zps7bcf50de.jpg

Over there, right under the Confectionery sign, you can see a guest coming in dressed as the witch from Snow White:

101614227_zpsfe4ede5b.jpg

There goes the witch.  She is accompanied by Snow White, Belle, and a skeleton:

101614228_zps7a8ecf79.jpg

Over there on the left is a female Buzz Lightyear.  Her dad is a few paces behind in his Woody costume:

101614229_zpsf6bdfd1b.jpg

Here we go. Here comes Wonder Woman. And, she's pushing an Elsa in the stroller.  The dad has on a blonde wig.  I'm not sure who he's supposed to be.  Delsa, maybe?:

101614230_zps78ddf4a4.jpg

Oh boy.  Here's some cheeseheads. Aaron Rogers, a ref and a cheerleader:

101614231_zpse57a4f1b.jpg

Hey- that family with the XL Kristoff is posing for a photo.  The kid in the stroller is Anna.  And, the mom is Sven.  Good job guys:

101614233_zpseb2fd83b.jpg

Here comes a Despicable Me family.  I don't approve.  Not in Disney.  There's also another Elsa there on the right:

101614235_zpse218f909.jpg

A really good Merida came by.  But, she turned when I took my shot.  At least you can see she has a really nice wig:

101614236_zps48eecbee.jpg

What's that?  A cave woman?  I like the idea, but I don't think this is the time or place for cave women.  They must have been out of Wonder Women costumes:

101614237_zps2191c8d9.jpg

There's Minnie and some pirates. Those go together, right?:

101614239_zps920dab00.jpg

This family was good. They were all dressed as characters from Alice in Wonderland.  The kid in the stroller had the best costume. He was the caterpillar:

101614240_zpsf3a5f6a7.jpg

You can see the caterpillar in this photo.  And two Alices.  Why are there two Alices?  The Mom should have been the White Rabbit or something else:

101614241_zps1d55a9f9.jpg

There goes a Peter Pan with no Wendy.  And, one more Elsa there on the right:

101614243_zps95d23885.jpg

Here's a nice family posing for a photo.  But, I'm not interested in them. Look over there on the other side of the street- another Elsa, and a Jasmine:

101614245_zps20281a91.jpg

One more shot of Jasmine:

101614246_zpsd31aa729.jpg

That's 30 photos.

Just like that.

At this point, the girls had still not materialized.   So, the next update will have some more photos from this not so great spot, and then we will be moving a bit down Main Street.  I think we'll have 30 more costume photos.  So, if you like those, be sure to check back.  We will also be heading back for our second FP+ ride on the Mine Train.  In the same day.  Take that, Disney.  FP+ is not going to beat us.

TCD

Hey look, it's iPad girl.  Very clever costume idea:

101614219_zpsb44412dd.jpg

So i never shared on here what my costume for the MNSSHP ended up being/looking like. I decided to try and go as the most annoying tourist possible. My original flag for this didnt pan out so I improvised. I wasnt about to bring my good tablet to I made one. Here you go TCD. 

10672263_10203618213068997_3201840618177

10653321_10203618213309003_6406527281950

I forgot to pack my Sandals to wear with my socks but I think my feet conspired against that. 

I should add that a lot of CM's loved this costume. They would look at me trying to figure out what it was and then see the flag and the iAnnoy and crack up laughing.