25 Years to Life Trip!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boots on the ground at MCO! Got a text that the room is ready, can go straight to the 90's bldg, 4th floor! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never claimed to be an expert on anything.  I don't know much about beer, heck, I don't even drink... but someone explain to me why there are all of these empty bottles displayed at EPCOT?    

Awesome food pics Dan! Great family and fiend pics also. One of the beers in your beer pic is Bell's Oberon. Deliciousness in a bottle, brewed here in Michigan. Even better on tap. http://bellsbeer.c

The kids were on their way to Pirates of the Caribbean as we got through bag check. As we strolled through Main Street we got a text that Adventureland was not open and everyone headed to Buzz Lightyear - a walk on. Then off to Space Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight and our favorite - Haunted Mansion:

sasy5yqa.jpgytamyqug.jpg

From there we used our FP for Big Thunder Mountain. Our kids are three rows back in this selfie shot.

a8upuhuq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After BTM, we were strolled on over for Pirates and reminisced about the time we went for Mickeys Not so Scary Halloween Party dressed as pirates in 2006. During that party we were walking into Adventureland at midnight, all worn out and droopy. When out of nowhere Peter Pan jumped right in front of Rachel and shouted "Hello, do you like Pirates of the Caribbean? Want to ride with me and Captain Hook?" They got us around backstage, into the front of the line and onto our own boat with Peter and Captain Hook. Rachel, probably 8 at that time, kept leaning forward to smell Captain Hook. Then she announced that Captain Hook had to be a girl because she smelled too good to be a boy!

This is inside nearly eight years later near the loading area:

gy8ededu.jpg

After POTC we hit Sleepy Hollow for a waffle sandwich. I planned on getting the Nutella with fresh berries, but they were having a special with a cheese, tomato and prosciutto waffle sandwich. Matt got a waffle with strawberries. Unfortunately, they were so amazing they were gone before the camera came out. But fear not, we have more pood forn photos.

Mac and cheese from Friar Tucks:

ygy2uta8.jpg

After getting our fill on foods never tried before, we left to go to Blizzard Beach and cool off. We figured that it would be crowded, but it wasn't too bad. All our photos from that are on a waterproof camera, no way to upload those while on the trip but it was a blast. One of our favorite videos from an earlier trip was on Teamboat Springs, so we did a repeat of that and a slow cruise on the Lazy River. Then Nancy and I did the best thing you can do at this water park - reclined and stared at the back of our eyelids while Matt and Rachel did some slides and the wave pool. We needed rest because we were going back to the Magic Kingdom for dinner and our FP at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

I wanted to send a shout out to Ami for scoring us a reservation at BOG 180 days out - which happened to be during the holiday season last December. Thanks Ami. We appreciate it!

Here's a photo of Rachel and Nancy at our table in the Great Hall. Luckily, they seated us along the wall where the noise was not too bad. As we walked through the middle I was hesitant because all the noise just echos around in there. The West Wing or the East room would be more peaceful;

unu4u4yp.jpg

Matt and me:

y2apabeq.jpg

Our food:

yzu8u9u4.jpgezyruba3.jpgdu2e6umy.jpgapygu3yg.jpgbu5anadu.jpgyqeby6y4.jpg

And the east room (can't remember the formal name):

uta6ete3.jpg

I'm hungry.

A Main Street Bakery Cinnamon roll would help with that.  

That is just cruel ;-). I did notice that Main Street did not have that distinctive sweet smell in the morning as I walked by . More of a burnt Starbucks coffee bean smell. Not that I'm hatin' on that hostile take over, but it should have been Dunkin Donuts or Tim Horton's

Great updates.  Glad you're having a grand time (like you wouldn't).

Love the reminiscent story of Pirates.  Pixie dust for sure.

The BOG dinner pood forn looks tasty.  That'll be on my list for next time.

Great updates.  Glad you're having a grand time (like you wouldn't).

Love the reminiscent story of Pirates.  Pixie dust for sure.

The BOG dinner pood forn looks tasty.  That'll be on my list for next time.

We all shared three plates - everything was tasty, but the slow roasted pork was the winner by far. That salad sampler was surprisingly good.

I think the servers notice those of us who are fanatics and study menus before going. We had our minds made up days ago!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is just cruel ;-). I did notice that Main Street did not have that distinctive sweet smell in the morning as I walked by . More of a burnt Starbucks coffee bean smell. Not that I'm hatin' on that hostile take over, but it should have been Dunkin Donuts or Tim Horton's Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cruelest part of that picture is it was taken the day before MSB closed. I was lucky enough to be there and have one last one. 

I will update more later, but I wanted to post that we were able to connect with Lou, Dave, Christy and the Statz girls at ESPN this evening. Great time and great people. Got my hug from Anna during the picture!

tynaneru.jpg

I will update more later, but I wanted to post that we were able to connect with Lou, Dave, Christy and the Statz girls at ESPN this evening. Great time and great people. Got my hug from Anna during the picture!

tynaneru.jpg