50 Years, 9 Nights, 5 Beds and 1 Big Fat Mistake

I've Created A Monster

We have reached the end.  This should be the last update and then this report will be done.  

But first, we have some fireworks pictures to cover.  And I need to disclose one remaining item....that being the "Big, Fat Mistake".  

So, when we last left off, we had eaten dinner at the Earl of Sammich and headed back to the YC.  The older kids went to do some night swimming, and the rest of us did some packing and then watched Illuminations from the balcony.  

Let me just say....I have never had the privilege of being able to watch Disney fireworks from my balcony before.  We get to enjoy our community's July 4th fireworks from our back porch, so I appreciate the convenience and comfort of this.  But this was just awesome!  

Ok....it's 9pm and it looks like something is brewing over there in Epcot. 

20140621_210239_LLS.jpg

Yep!  Here we go....

20140621_210318_LLS.jpg

20140621_210324_LLS.jpg

20140621_210352_LLS.jpg

Lasers....

20140621_210432_LLS.jpg

Pan out a bit....

20140621_211002.jpg

20140621_211022.jpg

20140621_211034.jpg

20140621_211041.jpg

20140621_211051.jpg

20140621_211101.jpg

20140621_211247.jpg

20140621_211326.jpg

20140621_211329.jpg

20140621_211343.jpg

And then....it was over and all was peaceful over Crescent Lake again.

20140621_211933.jpg

And that was that.  

We got Anna and ourselves settled into bed while my alarm was set for 4:00.  After a little while, the other girls came back to the room and got ready for bed themselves.  And just as I had hoped, we were on the road around 4:30 to make the long trek home.  We made good time....arriving at Casa de DIT by mid-afternoon.  

So, all in all it was a GREAT trip!  

We celebrated my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary!

We were gone for 9 nights!  

We slept in 5 different places!  

But I made 1 Big Fat Mistake!  

One of you actually NAILED it in your guesses.  

So, what's the big fat mistake, then?  I know that you ended up at the Yacht and Beach Club, so my guess is that the mistake is that it was so nice that nobody wants to camp at the Fort anymore.

Bam!  

You were almost perfect in this guess....only that it was mainly INC who had these feelings.  She LOVED the Yacht Club!  And don't get me wrong....I loved it too.  But it will never replace the Fort as my "happy place".  

We've talked since then, and are actually planning a Fort trip, so I think I've dodged that bullet.  For now.  But the YC was NICE.  And easy.  No cooking, laundry or cleaning.  NWIM?  I hope we can get back someday.  But I never want to give up the Fort either.  So I have a tightrope to walk.  LOL.  

And I might just have to compromise....every other trip will be a Yacht Club trip.  

That wouldn't be so bad, right?  

Thanks for reading!  

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I broke my no trip report rule and read this one SO FAR. The picture count better ramp up or I am going back to my rule.   I have had a sun pass for a few yrs and it is great although I usually on

Toll booths SMB. If you don't have Ez pass and are driving to the shore you are crazy. The high speed ez pass lanes are sweet.

Andrew, are you trying to get me to read one of your TR's?       sent from that black box sitting on my desk using my fingers on the typing thingy

Excellent trip report!! Loved reading about the cruise and that it all turned out well for you. Of course, loved the WDW portion and especially the big fat mistake! We kind of did the same thing to ourselves when we bought DVC. The kids got so used to staying in a 1 or 2 bedroom villa that when we would visit other places and stay in a regular hotel room they would complain!

Thanks again for sharing your trip!

You were almost perfect in this guess....only that it was mainly INC who had these feelings.  She LOVED the Yacht Club!  And don't get me wrong....I loved it too.  But it will never replace the Fort as my "happy place".  

We've talked since then, and are actually planning a Fort trip, so I think I've dodged that bullet.  For now.  But the YC was NICE.  And easy.  No cooking, laundry or cleaning.  NWIM?  I hope we can get back someday.  But I never want to give up the Fort either.  So I have a tightrope to walk.  LOL.  

And I might just have to compromise....every other trip will be a Yacht Club trip.  

That wouldn't be so bad, right?  

Thanks for reading!  

Great TR!  I'm sad that it's ending.

But to me every other trip at the Yacht Club would be really bad.  I really dislike having to eat out every meal and enjoy throwing a steak on the grill or thawing food I cooked at home for an almost-instant meal.  When we're at the fort we eat in a restaurant every one or two days.  Breakfast is our favorite meal to eat out.  Or a late lunch at Chefs de France, Biergarten, BOG, etc.  

Cleaning?  10 minutes a day.  I'd spend that much time in a hotel straightening things up.

Laundry?  Again no biggie since we have W/D in the moho.  If I had to use the laundromat I'd be singing a different song.

Last time we stayed in a hotel at WDW was in 2004 when we went down for a quick trip to attend Matthew and Erica's wedding.  We stayed at POR and were absolutely miserable. 

I'm happy that YC worked out well for you and your family and that you all can compromise.  Enjoy your next fort trip!

I'm so glad the mistake wasn't something major like leaving a kid behind, losing a wallet, poor food choices etc.

That would have been bad.  This mistake wasn't so awful I suppose.

Sounds like a wonderful trip!  Thanks for taking us along. :D

Thanks for reading, Marty!

Great report!  Thanks!

I'm thinking about booking the Yacht Club for an anniversary trip in December.  We did the Christmas Party on our Honeymoon and I'd like to do it again.

I hope it works out for you!

BAM!

TCD

You called it.  

We have been doing split stays (more like an 80/20) majority of the nights value and then a night or two deluxe but having the deluxe part non park days. Can't see spending a crap load to never be in the room/at the resort

I get that....I specifically booked this to use Stormalong Bay.  I can't see us spending that kind of money for a week and doing parks every day.

Thank you for sharing your vacation. 

Thanks!

Great trip report! I enjoyed the ride.

Thank you for reading.

Great report! Love the fireworks view. I love the deluxe resorts but knew I was a true FF when I missed the Fort the whole time I stayed at the Poly. That pool looks super cool though!!!!!!!

We really enjoyed it.  But I am looking forward to my next visit at the Fort.  

I hate that this trip report is over.  I really enjoyed reading it!

Thanks for joining in!

Great report. Now you need another vacation so I'll have a new trip report to read. On the other hand, Nancy has started pricing cruises. Full blown planning mode and entering contests. Maybe. Just maybe. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do it!  And write about it!

Excellent trip report!! Loved reading about the cruise and that it all turned out well for you. Of course, loved the WDW portion and especially the big fat mistake! We kind of did the same thing to ourselves when we bought DVC. The kids got so used to staying in a 1 or 2 bedroom villa that when we would visit other places and stay in a regular hotel room they would complain!

Thanks again for sharing your trip!

I could see the issues going from a villa to a regular room.  I won't make that mistake....LOL.  

Cleaning?  10 minutes a day.  I'd spend that much time in a hotel straightening things up.

You've never camped with Anna.   :rofl3:

What a fun trip! 

YC/BC is actually one of my dream resorts. It looks amazing!!

It will be a long time before we can stay there again, but I'm glad we did it!  

Awesome TR.  It was a really fun read.

About the big fat mistake, once TCD said that, I figured he would be right.  We have had the same type feelings in our family too.  But I will say that yesterday, when we went to FW for the Segway tour, Danielle spontaneously said that she really missed staying at FW.  So, don't despair - I bet your plan of alternating stays between FW and other resorts like YC will work out perfectly for you.

Thanks for the great report!

Nice report dave. I just ate at the Earl 2 days ago and I agree we won't be going back.

Interesting....it's not just me. 

Awesome TR.  It was a really fun read.

About the big fat mistake, once TCD said that, I figured he would be right.  We have had the same type feelings in our family too.  But I will say that yesterday, when we went to FW for the Segway tour, Danielle spontaneously said that she really missed staying at FW.  So, don't despair - I bet your plan of alternating stays between FW and other resorts like YC will work out perfectly for you.

Thanks for the great report!

Thanks for reading, Leslie!  Looking forward to hearing more about your current adventures.

Thanks for sharing your trip. Have fun planning your future Fort trip. A night or 2 at Yacht Club would be nice.

I'm looking forward to our next Fort trip....whenever that may be. 

Nice report.  Thanks.

I would love to stay at a deluxe resort.  Not sure if the pocketbook could do it.  I do like Beckers idea of an 80/20 value to deluxe with non-park days at deluxe.  Maybe someday....

Long ride home.  Does INC help with the drive?

Nice report.  Thanks.

I would love to stay at a deluxe resort.  Not sure if the pocketbook could do it.  I do like Beckers idea of an 80/20 value to deluxe with non-park days at deluxe.  Maybe someday....

Long ride home.  Does INC help with the drive?

INC always offers to help drive, but I am an old fashioned male chauvinist control freak, so I always do the driving.