50 Years, 9 Nights, 5 Beds and 1 Big Fat Mistake

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I broke my no trip report rule and read this one SO FAR. The picture count better ramp up or I am going back to my rule.   I have had a sun pass for a few yrs and it is great although I usually on

Toll booths SMB. If you don't have Ez pass and are driving to the shore you are crazy. The high speed ez pass lanes are sweet.

Andrew, are you trying to get me to read one of your TR's?       sent from that black box sitting on my desk using my fingers on the typing thingy

My DH had the unfortunate experience of talking to me for eight hours straight as I drove home from Ohio. I got lost once and he had to figure out were I was (PA) (he was in MD) and direct me through DC. I had a GPS but could not follow it and drive. I know am required to fly to and from Ohio.

Jason won't share driving either. Weird since I have a perfect driving record. 

As long as there are no mailboxes on the highways, I could be considered a safe driver.

Brian does all the driving for us and that is fine with me. I'm in charge of refreshments lol

I encourage SIl to do some of the driving. I want to make sure that if something ever happens to me while we are on the road she can handle herself...Driving forward she is all set on even towing...Now to work on backing up

My DH had the unfortunate experience of talking to me for eight hours straight as I drove home from Ohio. I got lost once and he had to figure out were I was (PA) (he was in MD) and direct me through DC. I had a GPS but could not follow it and drive. I know am required to fly to and from Ohio.

The good thing is....INC is a very good driver and I have perfect confidence in her abilities.  And i've also made sure she can drive the RV combo if necessary.  She also drove our motorhome when we had that just in case.  But overall I like to do the driving....somehow I just think that' part of my "job".  Old school....yes.  Guess I was raised that way.  

The good thing is....INC is a very good driver and I have perfect confidence in her abilities.  And i've also made sure she can drive the RV combo if necessary.  She also drove our motorhome when we had that just in case.  But overall I like to do the driving....somehow I just think that' part of my "job".  Old school....yes.  Guess I was raised that way.  

I find it more relaxing when I am driving to be honest. She usually gets about 2 hours a day. I take the time to close my eyes and connect with the universe in a spiritual way.....

Whew! All caught up.  That sure was an awesome trip.  With an awesome ending, staying at YC!   

As far as driving goes, how many hours is it for you all to get home?  Here in the 'Burgh it takes us about 20, non-towing.  

I usually take my turn to drive during the afternoon hours.  DH likes to leave 3 or 4 am.  If and when we get a trailer, I'm planning on learning to maneuver on my own.  Growing up, I was my dad's "assistant" when it came to hitching up and all. :)

I never said that. Did I say that? Nope not while Silvia can read over my shoulder.......

Dave is trying to get you in trouble.

Who, me?  

Whew! All caught up! I always enjoy reading the DIT family adventures. Your family makes me smile! I'm glad y'all had a great time and were able to celebrate your in-law's 50th anniversary.

Thanks for reading, Rita!

Whew! All caught up.  That sure was an awesome trip.  With an awesome ending, staying at YC!   

As far as driving goes, how many hours is it for you all to get home?  Here in the 'Burgh it takes us about 20, non-towing.  

I usually take my turn to drive during the afternoon hours.  DH likes to leave 3 or 4 am.  If and when we get a trailer, I'm planning on learning to maneuver on my own.  Growing up, I was my dad's "assistant" when it came to hitching up and all. :)

Not towing, it's around 11 hours.  Towing it usually takes us 14.  

I've taught my older girls how to hook up and other tasks.  Not sure if they'll be RVers when they marry someday....but it's good to know as much as you can.  

Thanks for reading!  

I finally caught up.

Great updates. Great TR!

That sammich didn't really look like it was up to normal standards.

I wonder if you were there while the sandwich ar-teest was earning his/her ears?

SAB seems pretty sweet.

I have a way to solve all of your problems.

Buy some YC DVC resale points and do split stays every other trip. Of course the other trips would be Fort only.

Dave,

I am late to the party, I just started reading this  yesterday and finished today!!

The cruise sounded like so much fun! Must have been even more fun having the extended family all together.

That is AWESOME that you surprised your girls with a 2 night stay at the YC! I love surprises and have pulled off some good ones for my boys over the years.

In a month we are heading to Disney and staying at week at the All Stars and 4 nights at the YC. We have stayed at the BC and Boardwalk, but this will be our first stay at the YC. I am happy to hear that you liked it! Of course the pool cant be beat!! Last time there we loved the "sinking sands" feature, did you guys check that out?

Thanks for sharing your trip!

Heidi

Buy some YC DVC resale points and do split stays every other trip. Of course the other trips would be Fort only.

Seriously! If you could find a small points resale, the savings on APs with your crew would cover the cost of the annual maintenance. (I came "this" close to buying a 25 point resale for OKW), but the boys were too close to being adults for it to pay, but you've got younguns at home for years to come!

Then a few nights at a DVC property every year would be a bonus

DVC members get significant savings off of APs.

The DVC price for Annual Passes is $516.53 including tax vs. $675.21 including tax.

with 7 of you that is a 1110.76 savings.

Just by looking here:

http://disneydvcresale.com/

I found a 50 point Vero Beach resale for $3000.00 with annual dues of 387.50 per year.

You don't have to stay at Vero Beach, but can book other DVC properties, at I "think" 5 months out. You can book at Vero Beach 11 months out.

50 points would get you 2 or 3 nights at a DVC per year.

Usually there are AP salesabout once a year thru DVC that make the savings much larger than that even.

You can buy DVC points on the resale market much cheaper than you can buy them thru DVC itself.....only drawback is resale points can only be used at DVC resorts and cant be traded out to RCI, etc. But you would want them for disney anyway, so no big deal.

I think our current APs were $470-ish and they are premium APs.

I agree with the others - if you are going to continue going to WDW as regularly as I think y'all go, it could be worth it for you. After at least one trip per year starting around 2007, we finally figured out in 2012 that we could really save money by buying in. The biggest downside for us, in all seriousness, is that we now go so much more often, which drains the pocket book on everything other than accommodations, but it's totally worth it!

Okay so please explain to us dummies.  AKA - me!  So we pay $3000 to get 50 DVC points.  And about $400 a year for dues.  Then we can get 2 nights at a deluxe resort per year?  And I call to book it, but we would also need APs right. (I mean you can't get a package when you use DVC points)   I wonder how often you would need to go for it to be worth it?

We would like to go every 2 -3 years (hubby's rules I would like to go once a year), so I don't think it would be worth it for us.  Can't you rent points for just a one time thing?  I would like to stay at the YC once at least.  

We are such cheapo's this last trip -- 4 of us, 1 under 3, free dining, hotel, 5 days of tickets, 7 nights in the hotel, $1800.