Private Party on Clementine's Beach Saturday Night

From my bar tending days we made them like this.

1 oz Vodka
2 oz Orange Juice
1 oz Maraschino Liqueur

I am aware of another type that uses chocolate pieces placed in vodka bottles.  You melt the chocolate by putting the vodka bottle in your dishwasher.  Then you refrigerate it and serve it cold.  Some people mix ice cream with it and you get a vodka milkshake...  Not sure why some call this a vodka surprise.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oops, double post.   I will say that Luke Bryan looks like Wil Wheaton.   Extra geek points if you know who Wil Wheaton is.

BTW, the TCD gang skipped the new Frozen fireworks tonight so I could stay back and report from the Fort. Stay tuned. TCD

I can do that. TCD

DH's recipe was pulled out of his... well let's just say he made it up.  8)

I am aware of another type that uses chocolate pieces placed in vodka bottles.  You melt the chocolate by putting the vodka bottle in your dishwasher.  Then you refrigerate it and serve it cold.  Some people mix ice cream with it and you get a vodka milkshake...

That sounds like something that I need to try!

BAHAHAHAHA.... oh you are going to fit in around here VERY nicely!!!

I asked DH and he said part of the surprise is that you don't know if it's going to be vodka or tequila!  :rofl2:

Normally it's vodka, razzmatazz liqueur, grapefruit soda (we use Polar Half and Half) and lime juice.

Thanks again to you and Chris for building the rest of us a playground where we can start up a thread about a rumored private party, and in 4 days create the Fort Fiends News Network, and keep 80-100 people on the edge of their seats on a summer Saturday night - past most of our bedtimes.  And rack up nearly 10,000 views in just under 5 days. :heartsmiley:

:purpleflam:

Snarky Rules!

We don't havePolar soda that I know of in TX.  I used to love the diet Rasberry Lime soda when we lived in CT.  But a great strating point.  I will put my son on it, he is a bar tender.  I was figuring it was going to be something like soda or fruit juice and the surprise was IF there was vodka at all.

This photo was posted to our FB page, I think maybe by Travisma, but I'm really bad with knowing the *real* names of people I haven't met yet (sorry!)

10352335_10202594103758396_3138940632581

That's ok, TCD was confused about my name also.

Travis is my last name. Mark is my first. Travisma is my email name from way back in the Netscape days and I've carried it over to a lot of accounts.

That's ok, TCD was confused about my name also.

Travis is my last name. Mark is my first. Travisma is my email name from way back in the Netscape days and I've carried it over to a lot of accounts.

That was the logic I used to assume it was you.  8)

Thanks for sharing the photos, Mark!!

As I recall from college, the surprise from Miller Lite comes the next morning.

As I recall from college, the surprise from Miller Lite comes the next morning.

I think you must be thinking of one of the following, Busch Light,Milwaukees Best Light, Black Label, Red, White, and Blue, old Style, King Cobra, Colt 45......those and many others I would agree. Miller Lite and PBR are the best of the cheap beers in my humble opinion. Not to worry though besides those there is New belgium Summer Helles, leineys Summer Shandy, Sam's White Lantern, Smithwicks, Guinness, and Dirty Blonde in the fridge. Variety is the spice of life.

I think you must be thinking of one of the following, Busch Light,Milwaukees Best Light, Black Label, Red, White, and Blue, old Style, King Cobra, Colt 45......those and many others I would agree. Miller Lite and PBR are the best of the cheap beers in my humble opinion. Not to worry though besides those there is New belgium Summer Helles, leineys Summer Shandy, Sam's White Lantern, Smithwicks, Guinness, and Dirty Blonde in the fridge. Variety is the spice of life.

Nope, it was Miller Lite that used to give us the green curse.

First time posting here. I've liked the FF FB page for about a year though. (:

I missed the all the activities Saturday night because my toddler was sleeping (you'd think she'd understand her momma wanted to see Luke Bryan, no??)

Anyway, I just wanted to thank all the members for the pics that were posted!

The fireworks sounded amazing!

I missed the all the activities Saturday night because my toddler was sleeping (you'd think she'd understand her momma wanted to see Luke Bryan, no??)

Welcome!!!

My friend who is with me joined FF last night after TCD spiked her. She's loved meeting everyone and thinks it's an awesome group!

Welcome!!

We try and keep folks on FB updated on what's going on over here when we can, but this is definitely where the action is.  :)

Welcome!!!

My friend who is with me joined FF last night after TCD spiked her. She's loved meeting everyone and thinks it's an awesome group!

That's terrific!!  Welcome Kelly's friend.  :wave1: