GDF and Z Ditch Daddy and Dash to Disney

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great start to rope drop day! Z can't be tied down to just one lady. He's a young man still. :rofl2: I mean it's not his fault if the princesses can't resist him.....unless he gives them the smolder.

When we left off, we’d just ridden Barnstormer twice without exiting the ride. The next moment made me a little upset… Dumbo was a walk on. I asked Z if he wanted to ride, and he said NO. My boy is to

As always, what a fantastic trip report. I feel like I was there. Still more to come, yes?

First!!!!!!

Whooo Hooo! Congrats!

I'm in!  Oh, goodness, I think I'm first!

Nope, second, but that's good! 

Hey, I am first.

Nope, you are 3rd, but can you believe that all 3 of you posted the same minute? 

I'm in!

Great! 

Oops!  Okay, I'm second - we try harder.

Yes, you let Grumpy beat you by a few seconds. There's always next time... 

First page in.  Love the Yeti cooler. Blame the Fiends....we can take it.....'cause we just let it roll off our backs.....

I love to tease Jason about the Yeti because I think they're overpriced, but they do work well. I'm glad you are accepting blame. 

WOO HOO! I've been looking forward to this trip report. :)

Yay, that makes me happy to hear! 

In!  Can't wait to read more about your adventures!

It was quite an adventure! 

In

And you beat your page hogging daughter! 

Yeah!

How did you let your dad win? 

You beat me

You're slipping. 

Using Rich's internet. Can not get att steady up here.

Who is Rich? 

You didn't forget Z did you? 

No, I didn't forget him. Good guess. That would have been bad. He's actually the one who pointed out what we forgot. 

I am in.

Glad to have you here! 

I'm in! Hmmmm. What did you forget? Did you forget the icing for the cinnamon rolls? Please say it ain't so!

No, I didn't forget that either. 

In!!

Hooray! 

Whoo Hoo.. no page 2 for me  :banana:

Have you been taking lessons from Dave, Beckers, and Ray? You learn quickly. 

I'm in. Did I make page one?

You did....

Where's DIT and Beckers?

They normally hog up all of page one.

And what do you do?

Just in case your curious I did make it on to page one of a GaDawgFan...Kelly.

And page 2. 

Oops! I did it again!

It's all DIT and Beckers fault

They made me do it.

Hee hee hee.

You learned from the best. 

Okay, second page but I'm in!

Welcome! 

I'm in too!

Yay!

I don't know if you've noticed, but I haven't done that on the last several trip reports.  I'm a reformed bumble.  

I don't think you've ever done it to one of mine. Am I not special enough?!?!?

Now that you mention it.

Yes I've noticed. And it breaks my heart.

Awwwwww

Well, for you, Ray, I'll do it again.  

Lord help the next person who starts a trip report on FF.net.   :rofl2:

Uh oh

Again, don't care where, just want a TR.

I hope whatever you forgot was something you get somewhere else later.

You're about to find out! 

I'm in!

Looking forward to the trip report!

WBI

Great! 

My battery died lol

And here I thought you might have restrained yourself. 

I'm in! I hope whatever it is you forgot wasn't that important, or easily replaced :D

Hey, you have a new avatar, right? Where are all the missing ones going?

Hey there missy!

You respond to our comments but you didn't post an update!

You know we are not a patient group of kids.

Z pix.

We need travel pix

Z pix

Pood forn pix

Z pix.

Etc pix.

Come on now chop chop. Let's get to it.

I have all of that. My computer restarted while I was typing my update. Darn technology! I'm rewriting it now.... 

Planning

It’s occurred to me that I should back up a little and talk about my planning. I’m a super planner. If you’ve seen the stuff that Marty’s posting, you know what I’m talking about. I do something similar for all of my trips. I’m the lady on the computer at 6 AM on the 180 day mark to get all the ADRs that we want. I already have the FP+ day circled on my calendar for our Easter trip. Obviously, none of that could happen this trip.

I knew we really wanted to see Elsa & Anna and ride the Mine Train, but would it be possible at the last minute? It was, but I had to play around. First, I had to change the boys ages and make them 8, so the system would allow them to ride something alone. They weren’t going to; they were going to ride with us when time overlapped, but I had to do that so I could move us all around as individuals.

I was initially able to get 1 FP+ for Elsa and Anna. Over a period of a few days, I was able to get us all FP+ and move times as other people did. We had to go at 9:20 PM, but I got them. I did the same thing for the Mine Train. There, we only overlapped for 5 minutes, but I took what I could. So if you can’t get the FP+ you want, use that method and you can probably get them with persistence.

The Drive Down

So back to the drive down. My plan was to leave at 6 AM. We pulled out at 5:40. Yay! Z was in his pajamas because I was hoping he’d fall back asleep. I had clothes for him in the car. A few exits away from the house, he told me he was in his pajamas. I explained that it was OK because I had clothes for him. Then he asked me…. “What about my shoes?” Ahhhhhh….. CRAP! I forgot his shoes, and I didn’t have any others packed. We weren’t far from home, so we turned around.

The mistake cost us 29 minutes, but we got back on the road. And we were still ahead of Atlanta rush hour.

IMG_6902.jpg

They’re dismantling the 400 toll booth. That was the only one in the state.

IMG_6903.jpg

I was a genius and brought a new movie for Z to watch. He had never seen the Lego movie but watched it 3 times on the way there. Everything was “awesome.”

We made it to Florida.

IMG_7402.jpg

And before too long….

IMG_7403.jpg

And my favorite

IMG_7404.jpg

I found out that I was in site 1503…. Yay! The 1500 loop! The guy checking me in joked with me about what I wrote about in my fax, so don’t believe people that say they don’t read those.

IMG_7410.jpg

Jason (the Fiend Katman, not my Jason) agreed to help me set up the PUP since I didn’t know how to do that. Rennie joined him to help. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!

Here’s proof that Jason and Rennie don’t follow the rules and pull over for cars.

IMG_7405.jpg

Z spent some time with Jedi.

IMG_7407.jpg

Z also made our bed all by himself. That boy is growing up.

IMG_7411.jpg

All set up!

IMG_7414.jpg

More form that evening in the next update! 

Is the PUP yours?  Way to go Jason and Rennie for helping...it's great to have Fiends!!   

Glad you got the 1500 loop.  Yay!   What did you write on the fax?? 

Just seeing those signs in your post makes me happy.  Is that sad to say?  That seeing pictures of signs, makes me happy? :)

ps.  Your little man is too cute; we need to get together for a local camping trip :)

I'm a little late but I'm in!

First, Z has gotten bigger since the last pics I've seen! But he's still such a cutie!

Second, we've done the forgotten shoe thing too. It was not too surprizingly Jodi, who left the house heading to the airport barefooted. Figured it out when we were unloading the suitcases at the SW curbside checkin. Good thing she's got big feet like me.

Looking forward to reading more!