Rumor: Maelstrom closing - CONFIRMED

Speaking of which, the Christmas parade WILL NOT run as part of regular operations like in the past. It will ONLY be available during party nights. FOF will be the normal operation everyday.

Ah nuts!

That's bad news.

I just told the TCD twins about this part last night.  They're not happy to hear it.  Catching the Christmas parade on a normal park day was something that we liked to do.  They were planning to do it a lot this year.

TCD

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HERE's A SCOOP!  The first picture from the new Frozen ride at Norway:  

I really don't care much either way about this one. Can we fix the one side of "Future" World that completely sucks though? And put in Star Wars Land already? And add to Pixar Place? And redo the fina

Hay now it's a classic and a must do. It's the best ride in World Showcase. It's Atleast in the top 2.

Speaking of which, the Christmas parade WILL NOT run as part of regular operations like in the past. It will ONLY be available during party nights. FOF will be the normal operation everyday.

Ah nuts!

That's bad news.

I just told the TCD twins about this part last night.  They're not happy to hear it.  Catching the Christmas parade on a normal park day was something that we liked to do.  They were planning to do it a lot this year.

TCD

Wait.

Hang on a minute.

I have now heard from an anonymous source that the HUB shows that the Very Merry Christmas Parade will be performed during regular MK hours after the last Christmas party this year, just as in the past.

Is this a case of the HUB no being updated after the latest announcement?

Or is there still some hope that the parade will be performed during regular park hours?

TCD

You know where I work and who I work with. I am rarely wrong when it comes to rumors.

I would venture to say this hub you speak of has not been updated yet. The Christmas parties are still being planned so nothing is final just yet.

Not final yet?

So, there's hope that the rumor you heard isn't true.

If you have any say in the matter, tell them they really ought to perform the Christmas parade at least the week of Christmas.  We're already losing the garland.  They don't need to take this away too.

I also came across this site, which appears to include the calendars distributed to travel agents by Disney: http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_december.pdf

This is a screen cap of the bottom of one page and the top of another, which shows the calendar was updated on September 12, 2014.  It also says it's all subject to change.  I think this tells us that right now, at least, the official word is that the Christmas parade will be performed twice a day during normal park hours the week of Christmas:

dec14_zpsc2f562e8.jpg

I know you have the inside track to information, and I appreciate that you share what you hear, but this time, I hope what you heard doesn't come to pass.

TCD

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for sharing that link. Getting shipped out and not just dumped on a backlot. Maybe that means they already have a new home.

Thanks for sharing that link. Getting shipped out and not just dumped on a backlot. Maybe that means they already have a new home.

They are heading to Port Canaveral to be placed on a container ship headed for Oslo.  By this time next year they will be in use in a recreated Maelstrom in Norway, while we are stuck with more Frozen crap.  

We rode Maelstrom on Sunday. We got in line before World Showcase officially opened and the wait was 10 minutes. By the time we got off, the wait was up to 50 minutes! I doubt that ride has seen lines like that in a long time. Although I was never a huge fan of Maelstrom, it was kind of sad riding it for the last time.