Rumor: Maelstrom closing - CONFIRMED

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HERE's A SCOOP!  The first picture from the new Frozen ride at Norway:  

I really don't care much either way about this one. Can we fix the one side of "Future" World that completely sucks though? And put in Star Wars Land already? And add to Pixar Place? And redo the fina

Hay now it's a classic and a must do. It's the best ride in World Showcase. It's Atleast in the top 2.

• 7 months later...

From WDW News Today...

According to information being distributed to Disney travel agents, the FROZEN attraction will tentatively open on May 1st, 2016. This date may change, but Disney is clearly aiming to have the new ride open to guests for Summer 2016.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/06/tentative-opening-date-announced-for-epcots-frozen-attraction/

Woot!

If we're lucky, maybe next summer will be the third in a row where we get to enjoy Frozen Summer Fun!

I sure hope so.  There is no such thing as too much Frozen!

Now, we will get to enjoy a whole attraction dedicated to this movie.  I sure hope it will include all of the great music.  No one will ever get tired of hearing it!!!

We are so lucky that we're closer to WDW than to Disneyland.  Those poor saps just get new fireworks and new parades and new lands in their parks.  But, we get all the Frozen stuff. 

We win.

Yay!

TCD

Am I the only Fiend that will admit I am looking forward to the new ride?  I mean, i am very, very sad that Maelstrom is gone.  I only got to ride it once and loved it.  I would have loved to ride it again and again just to really absorb everything.

But I am still looking forward to the new ride.  I am hoping it will be open in time for WWW 2016.

Some info the Wall Street Journal shared by way of Attractionsmagazine.com

An article in “The Wall Street Journal” has presented the first piece of concept art for the new “Frozen” ride at Epcot, “Frozen Ever After”.

The article, entitled “How Disney Milks its Hits for Profits Ever After” includes these other details about the ride, which will open early next year:

The ride is replacing the former Maelstrom ride in the Norway Pavilion at Epcot. The concept art seems to represent the portion of the ride where the forward motion of the ride changes to going backwards. This area of the ride used to feature a three-headed troll sending riders “back back, over the falls”.

Disney Imagineers who designed the ride recently got a virtual-reality tour at a warehouse in Glendale, Calif., wearing 3-D glasses while watching high-definition images of Olaf and Sven horsing around, Grandpappy Troll telling a magical story and Elsa belting out her song “Let It Go.” They will become animatronic characters that Epcot visitors float by on a log after “Frozen Ever After” opens next year.

New construction is also taking place in the Norway pavilion for a Frozen character meet and greet and more.

- See more at: http://attractionsmagazine.com/frozen-ride-epcot-name-first-concept-art/#sthash.0VocAjxw.nkQWEqjQ.dpuf

frozen-ride-concept-art.jpg

Wow- that's the first artwork I've seen that shows the ride is basically going to be the same layout, just with Frozen stuff added.

One of the problems with the old ride, in my opinion, was that it was too short.

I guess the length of the ride isn't going to change.  With the addition of the Frozen stuff, and guests being subjected to that song, I'll bet the complaint will now be that the ride is too long.

TCD

Wow- that's the first artwork I've seen that shows the ride is basically going to be the same layout, just with Frozen stuff added.

One of the problems with the old ride, in my opinion, was that it was too short.

I guess the length of the ride isn't going to change.  With the addition of the Frozen stuff, and guests being subjected to that song, I'll bet the complaint will now be that the ride is too long.

TCD

Since it's a boat ride, will they change the lyrics to Let It Flow?

Funny.

On a recent visit to WDW, I heard a kid on a Disney bus singing a version of that song that changed the main hook to Let it Flow.  I didn't know if he made it up, or if it's a thing kids sing.  It was full of what Mrs. TCD calls potty humor.

TCD

Disney is just full of magical experiences these days.   

The WSJ scooped the Disney Parks Blog, which just posted the same photo and an update on their blog today:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/06/first-look-frozen-ever-after-at-epcot/

There are a few more details in the blog post, such as this one:

.Of course, favorite “Frozen” characters, including the Snowgies from the animated short “Frozen Fever,” will be part of this new attraction, along with the spectacular sights inspired by the film.

Oh boy!

TCD