The Unnamed Trip Report. September 5-8, 2014

So they don't serve food at Yak and Yeti counter serve in those Chinese takeout containers any more?  

I noticed that too.  That is sad.  We loved the takeout containers.  Not sure why, but it made it feel more authentic.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll get to it tonight or tomorrow Daniel.   Have a wedding to attend today.   Cory

The tree of life and busses

I'm debating it. My mom and I both have the monorail that goes around our Christmas Trees, but she also has The Contemporary. I might have to step my game up and get the Tree.

I was going to hold out for a BAH, but due to recent events, I doubt Disney toys will be coming out with that anytime soon.

Cody

Well folks......

We have reached the last day of this TR.

I have really enjoyed writing it, I think I may do this for every trip.

It makes my time there seem longer.

Very enjoyable.

I hope you guys have enjoyed the ride.

So here we are.

Last day at The Fort.....check out day.

That day SMB.

I have no clue how you winter fiends do it.

I absolutely hate checking out and packing up my camper, even from a trip to a campground where I live. Leaving The Fort is hard.

So before I start packing up and checking out, I decided that since fiancee was still asleep, that my morning would consist of this.

IMG_3065_zpsd6f6f84b.jpg

I started by taking pics of my campsite again.

This was mainly to show friends how big those sites really are.

P1010654_zpse0b54b48.jpg

P1010655_zps8df8890a.jpg

P1010657_zpsde28e202.jpg

P1010656_zps9ce15c4c.jpg

P1010658_zpsa2e5634b.jpg

One last golf cart ride

P1010659_zpsce1fbb91.jpg

Went up to The Settlement to look around.

Pioneer Hall is still covered

P1010660_zps6f17df7d.jpg

Can someone explain this?

P1010662_zpseb5683f5.jpg

How in the H-E-double toothpicks did that get up there?

I seem to have a knack for finding lost toys on this trip. A volleyball at SSR, a beach ball floating away on the Seven Seas Lagoon from the GF beach, a balloon to the moon at AKL, and now a hula hoop on the roof of Trail’s End.

RIP Lawnmower Tree

P1010663_zps5023b1a4.jpg

On to The Meadow

P1010664_zpsd4f47cba.jpg

P1010667_zps32f05821.jpg

P1010666_zps78d7af54.jpg

P1010665_zpsfccc441d.jpg

Before I went to load up the golf cart, I went through the cabins one more time and came across this.

IMG_3066_zps5fce71b1.jpg

I hope everyone was okay, thats scary.

Got to The Outpost and loaded the golf cart into fiancee’s truck

Went off without a hitch

IMG_3072_zpsac75dc9c.jpg

IMG_3073_zps96a70c19.jpg

Back to the site Tug and I go.

Now it’s a little tighter, but still fits everything.

IMG_3076_zps90d08057.jpg

Remember the magnets I bought a couple days ago?

They found a home.

IMG_3077_zps6dddfff4.jpg

I started packing up, but this time was a little different.

You know that leak I mentioned in my last update?

Yep, I had to get that resolved, plus I had some other warranty work that needed to be done, so my plan was to take the camper up to Leesburg where my dealer was and drop it off with them. I was headed back offshore for 3 weeks in a couple days, so they could keep the camper there and get all of the work to it done, and have plenty of time to do it. 

So thats what I did.

Fiancee and Tug left in her truck while I finished breaking down camp. Like I said, this time was different because I wasn’t taking the camper home. So all of the food had to go in coolers, the laundry in my truck, basically anything I didn’t want to sit in it for 3 weeks had to come with me. That was harder than I thought.

Here are the last two pics at The Fort I took.

IMG_3078_zpsa5705b17.jpg

IMG_3079_zpscf5bceeb.jpg

And here is the camper at the dealership

IMG_3083_zpsde56252f.jpg

After I dropped it off, I headed back to the coast, and on the beachline I ran into this

IMG_3087_zps9461a38f.jpg

Looks lovely doesn’t it?

So that was it.

That’s my September 2014 Unnamed TR to The Fort.

Once again, this was really fun to write, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

Looking forward to my next camping trip there in January.

BUT WAIT!

I have some bonus content!

Thats right!

I’m taking a page right out of TCD’s book and teasing some bonus content.

Stay tuned folks.......

Cody

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

How long has it been since I’ve been on FF.net?

As they say on the streets, its been a MINUTE since I’ve been on here.

Holidays....Work....Laziness....whatever excuse I can give you, it still doesn’t make it right that I’ve been away for so long. 

Lets move into the bonus content, and put this TR to bed.

As I stated before, It has been a lot of fun writing it, and I have enjoyed the ride. I think the next time I do this, I will just power through it as fast as I can.

Lets get this over with.....

So after our time at The Fort, I dropped my camper off at the dealership to have some warranty work done, then I headed offshore for 3 weeks.

About a week before I came home, I called my Mom to see if she would like to come pick me up at OIA and head out to EPCOT to catch Maelstrom one more time before they close it. She said she would love to and the plan was set.

On October 2nd at 7:15 pm I landed back in Orlando, my mom met me at the curb, and off we went to WDW. 

Entrance to EPCOT

IMG_3311_zps254f7e8d.jpg

The beautiful fountain

IMG_3312_zps875ba399.jpg

Walking across the bridge to World Showcase I noticed these cool shirts.

IMG_3314_zps8420167b.jpg

IMG_3315_zps16c8b28d.jpg

EPCOT was more crowded than I thought it would be on a Thursday night.

IMG_3317_zps29a9020e.jpg

Ah, Maelstrom, for one last time....

IMG_3319_zps41df02d1.jpg

The line was out the door

IMG_3320_zps745122af.jpg

Luckily I had a FP+

IMG_3321_zpse3ae7b19.jpg

Here are some pics of the mural, I love that mural

IMG_3324_zps58cb68a2.jpg

IMG_3325_zps8085f113.jpg

IMG_3328_zps89390812.jpg

IMG_3329_zpse9c2463f.jpg

IMG_3331_zpsf88385d5.jpg

IMG_3334_zpsdffe7355.jpg

IMG_3335_zps1acf1925.jpg

Ok, so I have a problem with the mural in some spots. You see the two kids in green coats? One hold the fish, the other one cutting?

WHAT THE FORT are they thinking?!?! The one with the knife is cutting DOWN TOWARDS the other kid’s hand. Oh, and he’s looking at US. That is not the definition of safe. I’m surprised OSHA hasn’t come and had that changed in all these years. 

Heres a picture of the end

IMG_3337_zps242998fd.jpg

I chose not to take pics inside because I wanted to enjoy the ride through my eyes rather than my cell phone or camera.

I really hope they do a good job with the Frozen version of this ride, because in my mind, Maelstrom was a classic.

I got off the ride and my Mom went while I watched my sister in the exit area.

Heres a Troll

IMG_3340_zpsd17d7a27.jpg

Did these advertisements ever rotate in the past?

IMG_3341_zps2a61e95f.jpg

Nice jacket, probably not needed in Florida, but I bet after ride the Frozen Maelstrom some sucker will buy it.

IMG_3342_zps17eebeb5.jpg

Standard Troll in the gift shop picture

IMG_3343_zps00022ad3.jpg

I don’t remember who it was, but in my first report from Father’s Day 2014 someone called me out for being the only one in our party without a Disney shirt on. My Grandfather had on a CoP shirt, my Mom a SW, Fiancee had a Minnie Mouse, and Sister had a Mickey dress.

Well, look....

IMG_3347_zps4958844f.jpg

BAM! How about that?! A Disney shirt, specifically a ride shirt, for the ride that was getting ready to close.

After Mom got off the ride we headed over to Soarin’ to use our FP+ before the park closed. 

Here is the craft beer pavilion.

IMG_3348_zpsf836bfd8.jpg

That pic was taken at 8:39, park closes at 9. We’re going to be cutting it close if we both want to ride.

But there is always time for Mom to take a picture of her kids

IMG_3352_zps2f58d9be.jpg

On to Soarin’ we go.

IMG_3350_zpsd6462bf4.jpg

That was snapped at 8:52.

I told my Mom to ride first. She comes to WDW often with just my sister, when I’m offshore, but she never gets to ride the “Big Kid” rides because she is limited with the wheelchair. Since that is the case, I told her I would watch my sister and she should enjoy Soarin’.

While I was waiting, I went a snapped a picture of The Seasons seating area.

IMG_3351_zpsdccaf79c.jpg

Not sure why I did that, but I did.

As I was coming back towards the exit area a CM from Soarin’ came up to me and asked if I wanted to ride. 

Wait...what?

She said she saw my mom go in and wanted to know if I wanted to ride when she got off.

Of course I did!

Thats some pixie dust right there! 

I love Disney.

Mom got off and away I went.

I snapped this pic when I got in line

IMG_3353_zps08b48507.jpg

It’s 9:10, park closed 10 minutes ago. This is awesome!

Here’s the “line” I was in.

IMG_3355_zpsc8b00233.jpg

IMG_3356_zps4902ec19.jpg

When I got to the loading area I was by myself, besides a CM there to greet me. I went on and soared over California all by myself.

Talk about an awesome experience!

That is the second time in my life I have had something cool like that happen to me at EPCOT at closing time. The other one was in 2009 with my mom and sister, we caught the 9pm showing of The American Adventure all by ourselves. We could hear Illuminations going on while we were in there, but when we came out, the park was dead. 

I think I’ll be spending more time at EPCOT during closing time, that seems to be when the pixie dust is handed out.

We went home with happy faces that night. It was a great experience.

21 days later I caught a plane out of OIA to New Orleans to head back offshore.

As we were flying west I snapped two pics.

The first one is of The Fort, MK, and EPCOT looking south.

IMG_3635_zps46870fd3.jpg

The lake on the left side of the picture is Bay Lake with Discovery Island in the middle, The Fort is just above it. You can see Clementine’s Beach pretty clear. The lake to the right is Seven Seas Lagoon, MK is just below it, and the WDW industrial area is just below and to the left of MK. World Dr runs down the center of the pic from above Seven Seas Lagoon. The road to see that branches off World Dr to the left on the upper third of the picture is Epcot Center Dr, with EPCOT just above it, and above EPCOT and slightly to the right is DHS.

If you have trouble seeing these, I might be able to figure out the purple crayon thing. Maybe

The second picture is of Mickey’s Forest which is northwest of the MK just east of US27 by Trout Lake

IMG_3639_zps6def3018.jpg

And thats a wrap folks.

Thanks for joining me on this extra long TR and Bonus Content. I will be visiting WDW between Christmas and New Years and staying at The Fort the marathon weekend of Jan 9-11. 

Maybe I’ll see some winter Fiends

Until then...Happy Holidays!

Cody

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What Loop Did You Stay In While At The Fort In September? What Site # Looked Like A Great Site.

If memory serves me well, I believe I was in site 535. The 500 loop as a whole is great, I highly recommend staying there!

Cody