OK, I must admit that I don't post on forum's very much - although that is probably going to change.  I only found out about Fort Fiends recently, as this will be my first Fort Wilderness camping trip at Disney, but ya'll are a hoot!  I hope to fit right in over time (especially after my 14 day trip in Nov when I experience the Fort and meet some of you)

I have in the past been posting moderately over at the DISboards (45 posts or so), but not in the camping area.  I have noted from reading several threads on here that it seems like the DISboards did some bad stuff to some of you.  Could someone get me up to date so I can understand what went on?  Or is this subject taboo?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are quite fond of our spike, too. It sits on our mantle next to a Disney Traditions collectible (All Aboard - Mickey driving a patchwork train engine). This week I added something else to the dis

You aren't the only regretter!!

In over 30 years of going to WDW, over 20 at the Fort, my spike is without a doubt the very best souvenir I have gotten.

First of all welcome.

I wasn't around for the big flush so I'll let someone else explain all that stuff. I just wanted to say welcome and jump right in to the madness we all love so much. The more you contribute the better this board is. So I encourage to jump right in and have fun.

Ray

Not taboo at all.

Once upon a time the camping board over "there" used to be a thriving forum, full of fun and information, and yes, a fair bit of snark.

Back in late 2010 about 30-40 of us old time Fort Fiends were banned for being, well, pretty much exactly what you see here.  Actually to be fair, a bunch of people left on their own accord, some were banned for no reason at all, and others were banned simply for being "guilty by association."

Jen and Chris started a new purple sandbox where we could be our Snarky™ selves and continue to share the information, fun and camaraderie, while being expected to behave like grown-ups (mostly) and moderate ourselves, instead of crying to the principle all the time.

3-1/2 ish years and 1700+ members later....

Well here you are!  :)

[edited my dates - typo]

As Ray said: -gif.gif

Yep alot of the members here were "banned" from the DIS and a good number just because they also joined this forum, aka Guilt by association, not because the made an objectionable post over there. It was actually a good thing in the end since we have "one big, happy, caring family" of campers and non campers here now.

And Mo beat me....

Welcome come in sit down and hold on but most of all enjoy!!!!!! I was one of guilt by association then only bad part being banned I can not go back and thank them for it :rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2:

>:D

Since fully half of my posts from the last 4 weeks pre-flush were deleted by the Webmaster.....there no longer remains any evidence to convict me.

OK who do you think you are Lois Lerner? There is always an electronic trail and we have Super Geek. :rofl3:

Perhaps I am naive even in my old age...but why would another site ban someone simply for joining another forum? I am not sure I understand the crime.

As I post under "Mikeypro" over there too (my seemingly unshakable nickname is "mikey" and "pro" is the first 3 letters of my rather long last name) - do they have some kind of gestapo unit that checks this forum? 

Not that I really care, mind you.  They are pretty boring over there.  Pretty boring...

Perhaps I am naive even in my old age...but why would another site ban someone simply for joining another forum? I am not sure I understand the crime.

As I post under "Mikeypro" over there too (my seemingly unshakable nickname is "mikey" and "pro" is the first 3 letters of my rather long last name) - do they have some kind of gestapo unit that checks this forum? 

Not that I really care, mind you.  They are pretty boring over there.  Pretty boring...

As it's been 3 1/2 years since the flush.....I doubt it will hit anyone's radar.  But there have definitely been people "flushed" from there simply because they posted here.  Can't tell you why....except those folks that run that place are bizarre, paranoid people.  

Some of the crux of the matter was we took a major piece of business away from them. The Fiends had a group cruise booked through the parent travel agent. The actual agent we were using left for another agency, the agents left behind were not taking good care of us, so we fired them and followed our original agent.  It wasn't a day or two after that, they started banning folks, and scolding us for our words, and then some got pissed and started defending the banned, then they were banned, then it just snowballed from there.

Some of us were able to keep our mouths shut, and weren't banned immediately. I actually wanted to remove all my content from the board. Started editing posts a few weeks later so they would be blank, and was banned for removing content.

>:D

Since fully half of my posts from the last 4 weeks pre-flush were deleted by the Webmaster.....there no longer remains any evidence to convict me.  

Ah but the memories linger in our addled brains.  8)

You're not alone there.

In the first few months of this forum, a bunch of us were banned without having posted anything there.  We didn't find out until we tried to log on.

You'd have to ask the powers that be there for an answer.  Although you might get banned for simply asking the question.  :rofl2:

As it's been 3 1/2 years since the flush.....I doubt it will hit anyone's radar. 

Unlikely it would happen now, and we actually have quite a lot of members at this point who have the same screen names there.  However it did happen to Ken somewhat recently.  And I've never seen him post anything there that was ban-worthy at all - nothing but helpful actually!

But then remember that they also read PMs there and have a few people kicking around who apparently still get a kick out of reporting people from time to time.

And it's been a boring, sad place for quite some time now.

I was told to get out five minutes after posting on a private Facebook page when Fort Fiends was going to go live. How's that for a mole? Lol

Oh, and contrary to popular belief, this homey don't have time to read nor care to read pms. Never have....never will unless some court papers say so.

Ah but the memories linger in our addled brains. 8)

You're not alone there.

In the first few months of this forum, a bunch of us were banned without having posted anything there. We didn't find out until we tried to log on.

You'd have to ask the powers that be there for an answer. Although you might get banned for simply asking the question. :rofl2:

Unlikely it would happen now, and we actually have quite a lot of members at this point who have the same screen names there. However it did happen to Ken somewhat recently. And I've never seen him post anything there that was ban-worthy at all - nothing but helpful actually!

But then remember that they also read PMs there and have a few people kicking around who apparently still get a kick out of reporting people from time to time.

And it's been a boring, sad place for quite some time now.

unless your name is ed and you like the colors crimson and white

I hope to fit right in over time

Those who want to, can fit in right away. There is no waiting period. Some of our most prolific posters just dove in from day one.

Everyone gets welcomed right from the very first post.

As for meeting other Fiends, be careful for what you wish for.

Oh, are you ok with being called a schmuckface or knucklehead from time to time.

I have been married for 40 years...

That just made me lol for real.

All this talk got me to wondering so I just logged in for the first time in forever onto that other website and it still worked...  I was there when everything went down and I thought it was all BS so I stopped posting and left the website.  Things are way better over here at FF.

WBI