• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are quite fond of our spike, too. It sits on our mantle next to a Disney Traditions collectible (All Aboard - Mickey driving a patchwork train engine). This week I added something else to the dis

You aren't the only regretter!!

In over 30 years of going to WDW, over 20 at the Fort, my spike is without a doubt the very best souvenir I have gotten.

Ah, what a wonderful trip down memory lane. When the dust up happened with TCD, I sent some messages in support of him. Webmaster(what a joke) Kathy issued me points and suspended my privileges for "being argumentative". I escalated to the leader (I think it was Pete somebody?), who basically held the party line. I wasn't flushed, but their heavy handed approach pegged my apathy meter.

Hmmm...it would appear as if I need to bring another fridge. One for bacon, one for beer. One thing I can promise everyone. In my entire 61 year old life, I have never run out of beer. Come on by - try to break my record!

You're going to REALLY REGRET saying that. :facepalm: :doublebeer: :welcome:

Hmmm...it would appear as if I need to bring another fridge. One for bacon, one for beer. One thing I can promise everyone. In my entire 61 year old life, I have never run out of beer. Come on by - try to break my record!

Ok Mikey your just asking for trouble.

First of all, yes you'll need another fridge.

Second, please respect the BACON, Any time you refer to the greatest and tastiest food on this planet please show it the proper respect and use all caps. It's BACON!

Third, have you seen me drink beer? I might have to break your record.

Fourth. welcome and your fitting in quite nicely.

Fifth, Paulaner

Sixth, Paulaner. Enough said.

I stand corrected on my BACON mis-spelling. Is there anything in life better than the smell of frying BACON on the outside grill early in the morning? And the fresh coffee spell is the perfect compliment.

As far as regretting my beer statement: I hope I do. And I hope I run out of beer for the first time: it will mean there will be a crapload of new stories fixin' to be written.

By the way, I typically bring an assortment of Warsteiner, Spatan, and Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen. I have discovered over the years that not only do I like German Lagers the best, but their lack of additives leaves me hangover free the next morning. That way I can truly appreciate the smell of BACON in the morning!

I love ya'll. We will have Mikey's Beer Hall (with occasional wine tasting) and the Empress Oblivion Bar in Nov.

I'm thinking this will be my best Disney trip ever!

Will the bacon also be present at the Beer Hall in November? Hubs will drink your beer...I will drink the rum...and we will all EAT. THE. BACON.

Oh, bacon, how I love thee.

....AND, welcome, BTW :)

This is how I got the boot. First Stacktester got kicked out of there and then TCD. So I changed my tag to long live Stacktester and TCD.

After that I renamed TCD's trip report that he had just finished The Last Great Trip Report. A few hours latter I could not log in.

I did nothing wrong just guilty by association. But this place is way better. Oh welcome.

Donnie lasted longer than I did.  He's the one who emailed the head A-hole over there and got a BS response that there had been an overwhelming number of complaints about the camping board. That A-hole never even bothered to read the camping board.

I missed all the fun, because I quit right at the beginning. The associate A-hole, WMK deleted my thoughtful post saying why I was quitting.  And, from that day until many months later, I did not look at that site. I ran into a few Fiends on subsequent trips to the Fort, and it was Lou and Stefa70 who finally convinced me to join FortFiends.net.

Ken, remember how you wanted his contact info? And I offered to message him there since I wasn't banned? You should see the message I got. I just logged in there the other day for poop and giggles.

I am interested in knowing what was said.

Ah, what a wonderful trip down memory lane. When the dust up happened with TCD, I sent some messages in support of him. Webmaster(what a joke) Kathy issued me points and suspended my privileges for "being argumentative". I escalated to the leader (I think it was Pete somebody?), who basically held the party line. I wasn't flushed, but their heavy handed approach pegged my apathy meter.

Pete is the head A-hole over there.  No chance of talking any sense into him.  They were just a bunch of sore losers because one of their travel agents (and former moderator of the camping board) left and took business with her.  So, they decided to stir up trouble on the camping board to show us who was boss.  The problem was, nobody bought what they were trying to sell.  That board has been a pathetic ghost town ever since.  Never once have I regretted leaving that mess.

I didn't know about you sending messages in support of me, Fred.  Thanks for that. 

TCD

I ran into a few Fiends on subsequent trips to the Fort, and it was Lou and Stefa70 who finally convinced me to join FortFiends.net.

What did I do, what did I do? Just kidding, I'm glad I did.

I may not be that bright, but it was a no brainer that I needed to at least try to get TCD, Andrew, to join.

YEAH, i sent email to 4-5 Administrators and moderators, but never got a response.  I have emailed Ed a couple times with no problem.  I see so much incomplete, wrong, and misguided information over there and not many left to properly respond.  And give Lou credit.  He suggested several times for me to stop working over there.  Check that off your bucket list.

Will the bacon also be present at the Beer Hall in November? Hubs will drink your beer...I will drink the rum...and we will all EAT. THE. BACON.

Oh, bacon, how I love thee.

....AND, welcome, BTW :)

Absolutely. Beer and BACON: they're not just for breakfast anymore!

Well I was banned and it was the best thing that could have happened.  I stumbled on to Fort Fiends in Nov. 2011 on a trip to the Fort.  I was looping in my car and saw FF signs with familiar screen names. I hadn't been reading on the other board when the flush occurred so I was very confused.  I logged on and posted on FF and before I knew it there was a spike on our table.  Really confused at that point because I did not know where it came from. (TCD it turned out)  When we finished our trip, I made a post referencing the spike on the other board, not knowing what was going on mind you, and I was banned immediately!  I realized by reading on FF what was going on and never looked back.  One group was trying to welcome me and the other group was driving people away.  Long Live the Fiends!

The Fiends are great folks and although I come and go it is always like meeting up with an old school friend, you just pick up where you left off!  I have really enjoyed getting to meet about 20-30 different Fiends over the years, and it is always a blast.

So welcome Mikeypro, enjoy and I hope I get to meet you sometime soon.  We share a taste for German beer and I too have a Bayside as well as a beer guard dog!  Wish we were coming to the Fort this November.

Well I was banned and it was the best thing that could have happened.  I stumbled on to Fort Fiends in Nov. 2011 on a trip to the Fort.  I was looping in my car and saw FF signs with familiar screen names. I hadn't been reading on the other board when the flush occurred so I was very confused.  I logged on and posted on FF and before I knew it there was a spike on our table.  Really confused at that point because I did not know where it came from. (TCD it turned out)  When we finished our trip, I made a post referencing the spike on the other board, not knowing what was going on mind you, and I was banned immediately!  I realized by reading on FF what was going on and never looked back.  One group was trying to welcome me and the other group was driving people away.  Long Live the Fiends!

The Fiends are great folks and although I come and go it is always like meeting up with an old school friend, you just pick up where you left off!  I have really enjoyed getting to meet about 20-30 different Fiends over the years, and it is always a blast.

So welcome Mikeypro, enjoy and I hope I get to meet you sometime soon.  We share a taste for German beer and I too have a Bayside as well as a beer guard dog!  Wish we were coming to the Fort this November.

I love my Bayside - really can't find another more modern popup I like better. And I think I will always camp in a popup. Yes, setup is a pain (especially in the rain!!!!), but I love the open feeling you get when you open all the windows and flaps.

I don't understand the "spike" reference...what does that mean?

I love my Bayside - really can't find another more modern popup I like better. And I think I will always camp in a popup. Yes, setup is a pain (especially in the rain!!!!), but I love the open feeling you get when you open all the windows and flaps.

I don't understand the "spike" reference...what does that mean?

Love the Bayside as well as the Utah they are both great.  Below is the kind gift I received although I didn't know just how special it was when I got it…now I do!  It is spike from the old Fort Railroad.

055.jpg