• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are quite fond of our spike, too. It sits on our mantle next to a Disney Traditions collectible (All Aboard - Mickey driving a patchwork train engine). This week I added something else to the dis

You aren't the only regretter!!

In over 30 years of going to WDW, over 20 at the Fort, my spike is without a doubt the very best souvenir I have gotten.

...One group was trying to welcome me and the other group was driving people away.  Long Live the Fiends!

The Fiends are great folks and although I come and go it is always like meeting up with an old school friend, you just pick up where you left off!  I have really enjoyed getting to meet about 20-30 different Fiends over the years, and it is always a blast.

^^ALL THIS^^  :D

In over 30 years of going to WDW, over 20 at the Fort, my spike is without a doubt the very best souvenir I have gotten.

Same here.  It has a special place in a shadow box in my office so I can see it everyday.  I need to remember to bring the shadow box when I go to the Fort so I can show it off.  

But I thought you were already a show off??? :rofl2:

Hello and welcome!  I know what you mean about wondering what is up with the "other"place……had the same questions when I found this place a few years ago.  Had no clue, having never visited the DIS place…..this one came up before them in my Google search when prepping for a Fort trip one time.  I've seen their place since, but this has been, and probably always will be, my go-to resource for all things WDW and Fort related.

I don't get to spend as much time here as I used to, but still feel very welcome and have had the privilege of meeting many of these fine, crazy people in person.

Getting a spike is a badge of honor around here.  Mine sits in my kitchen, which is pretty much where I spend the majority of my time when I am home, so I see it often and it never fails to make me smile.

Here is mine.  Isn't it a beauty?  With a bonus autograph from Lou!

DSC00605.jpg

Hello and welcome!  I know what you mean about wondering what is up with the "other"place……had the same questions when I found this place a few years ago.  Had no clue, having never visited the DIS place…..this one came up before them in my Google search when prepping for a Fort trip one time.  I've seen their place since, but this has been, and probably always will be, my go-to resource for all things WDW and Fort related.

I don't get to spend as much time here as I used to, but still feel very welcome and have had the privilege of meeting many of these fine, crazy people in person.

Getting a spike is a badge of honor around here.  Mine sits in my kitchen, which is pretty much where I spend the majority of my time when I am home, so I see it often and it never fails to make me smile.

Now this is very,very cool.  I'm sure there is not an unlimited supply of spikes, so I don't expect to get one.  But I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can this Nov.

Now this is very,very cool.  I'm sure there is not an unlimited supply of spikes, so I don't expect to get one.  But I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can this Nov.

I think there are still a few floating around….and the chief "spiker" is quite fond of beers from around the world, so the lure of your German beer ought to sweeten the pot!  If he can't deliver the spike, there is someone else who swoops in and saves the day, and from what I understand, his weakness is home baked apple pie.

How to get spiked...

1. Join FF.net ad jump right into the craziness.

2. Introduce yourself.

3. Plan trip to the Fort, and post arrival and departure dates.

4. Order FF.net sign. And get recipe for apple pie. (The sign is for TCD and the pie is for Lou.

5. When you arrive at the Fort. Post your site number here and place FF.net sign in a conspicuous place.

6. Sit back and enjoy your favorite beverage. Before you know it one or two Fiends will show up with a welcome gift. (Spike).

Disclaimer: sign and pie are not neccassary but may increase your chances of being spiked. Also a promise of TR with lots of oictures may increase your chances of receiving said spike.

The author makes no claims or guarantees concerning you being spiked. Said spike may contain heavy metals that maybe illegal in California and the other 49 states. Being spiked may cause you to have a long lasting feeling of euphoria that may last for days or months. We at FF.net can not be held responsible for any zanniness that may insue due to said mentioned euphoria. Nor can we be responsible for lost productivity at work or home due to countless hours wasted, I mean spent on FF.net. Just like most things on FF.net this will be Daveintn's fault and all complaints should be submitted to him. Were he will share the said complaint with the rest of us so we can have a good laugh and then the said complaint will be filed in the special round filing cabinet. Your chances of being spiked depends on how many contestants enter and whether TCD and/or Lou have gas money.

Please see the website for complete for the official rules and further disclaimers.

Thank you and good luck.

I'm not that fussy, it can be store bought. It can even be an apple turnover, apple strudel, and in a pinch, an apple filled donut.

In fact, yesterday, Janet, aka DamaMama, left me a bag of Apple pie Chex.

Whew!  Good thing.  Last time I tried to make homemade apple pie I took one look at it and crumbled it all up: called it Apple Cobbler.  It wasn't very good Apple Cobbler, either...

YEAH, i sent email to 4-5 Administrators and moderators, but never got a response.  I have emailed Ed a couple times with no problem.  I see so much incomplete, wrong, and misguided information over there and not many left to properly respond.  And give Lou credit.  He suggested several times for me to stop working over there.  Check that off your bucket list.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Ken, I'm glad that you finally saw the light.  That board is owned by a travel agency.  The owners of that board went on a mission to rid their board of members who took their travel agency business to the former moderator.  That is what it was all about.  They accomplished that by stirring up trouble and making false accusations.  When members stood up to them and called them out for lying, they banned those members. They were very rude and antagonistic in the process. This Webmaster Kathy person was absolutely rude and ugly, and seemed to take great pleasure in being obnoxious and taunting the members who dared to question her. When members complained about that, they got banned.  Then the hypocrites went back and covered their tracks and deleted posts they had made, and created false screen names to use to make posts in support of what they had done.

After all that, they call this board a "hostile board," and ban people for mentioning it.  What a bunch of insecure losers.  If they didn't have something to hide, why would they care so much?

You must have missed all that.  But there are people who still post on that site who saw that all happen, and supported it by staying there.  Those are the people that I don't understand.  How can anyone support the lying hypocrites who own that board?  The beauty of this is that we all get the last laugh.  The cowards that stayed with the bullies now belong to what may be the most boring discussion board in the history of the Internet.

Well I was banned and it was the best thing that could have happened.  I stumbled on to Fort Fiends in Nov. 2011 on a trip to the Fort.  I was looping in my car and saw FF signs with familiar screen names. I hadn't been reading on the other board when the flush occurred so I was very confused.  I logged on and posted on FF and before I knew it there was a spike on our table.  Really confused at that point because I did not know where it came from. (TCD it turned out)  When we finished our trip, I made a post referencing the spike on the other board, not knowing what was going on mind you, and I was banned immediately!  I realized by reading on FF what was going on and never looked back.  One group was trying to welcome me and the other group was driving people away.  Long Live the Fiends!

The Fiends are great folks and although I come and go it is always like meeting up with an old school friend, you just pick up where you left off!  I have really enjoyed getting to meet about 20-30 different Fiends over the years, and it is always a blast.

So welcome Mikeypro, enjoy and I hope I get to meet you sometime soon.  We share a taste for German beer and I too have a Bayside as well as a beer guard dog!  Wish we were coming to the Fort this November.

Ken- And anyone else who doesn't know the truth- I hope you read YensidCamper/ Eric's post.  That is how that other board treats people.

I finally got to meet Eric and his family this summer.  Awesome people.

TCD

Ken, I'm glad that you finally saw the light. 

For some reason when Ken was booted and came here full time, we lost Judy. What's up with that?

We want Judy, we want Judy, we want Judy too.

They call this board a "hostile board," and ban people for mentioning it. 

Because the posters and mods are humorless, they can't tell the difference between being hostile and humor.

But there are people who still post on that site who saw that all happen, and supported it by staying there.  Those are the people that I don't understand. 

I don't understand it either.

I finally got to meet Eric and his family this summer.  Awesome people.

Big ditto, but haven't seen them in a couple of years. Need to fix that.

How to get spiked...

1. Join FF.net ad jump right into the craziness.

DONE

2. Introduce yourself.

DONE

3. Plan trip to the Fort, and post arrival and departure dates.

DONE

4. Order FF.net sign. And get recipe for apple pie. (The sign is for TCD and the pie is for Lou.

Sign is ordered.  Pie is under negotiation due to limited baking skills.  I'm pretty much limited to frying meats (like BACON). 

5. When you arrive at the Fort. Post your site number here and place FF.net sign in a conspicuous place.

Will do.

6. Sit back and enjoy your favorite beverage. Before you know it one or two Fiends will show up with a welcome gift. (Spike).

Will absolutely do...

Disclaimer: sign and pie are not neccassary but may increase your chances of being spiked. Also a promise of TR with lots of oictures may increase your chances of receiving said spike.

The author makes no claims or guarantees concerning you being spiked. Said spike may contain heavy metals that maybe illegal in California and the other 49 states. Being spiked may cause you to have a long lasting feeling of euphoria that may last for days or months. We at FF.net can not be held responsible for any zanniness that may insue due to said mentioned euphoria. Nor can we be responsible for lost productivity at work or home due to countless hours wasted, I mean spent on FF.net. Just like most things on FF.net this will be Daveintn's fault and all complaints should be submitted to him. Were he will share the said complaint with the rest of us so we can have a good laugh and then the said complaint will be filed in the special round filing cabinet. Your chances of being spiked depends on how many contestants enter and whether TCD and/or Lou have gas money.

Please see the website for complete for the official rules and further disclaimers.

Thank you and good luck.

Well done!  :rofl3: 

Ding dongs, hot dogs and yahoos are my choice names for when I'm in my car and some idiot does something stupid. It's less awful if my kid copies me lol

I tend to use "Dipstick!", loudly.  Probably too much.  My DW rolls her eyes, and DD (16) still cracks up when I do that.

Ding dongs, hot dogs and yahoos are my choice names for when I'm in my car and some idiot does something stupid. It's less awful if my kid copies me lol

Ding dongs is in my repertoire along with jackwagons, wingnuts, whackadoodles and (if there are no children about) asshats.

I don't know why I think "ding dong" is so funny - - - but I do. I also think "stupid idiot" is funny, but yeah, don't need the wee one copying that noise.

I don't know why I think "ding dong" is so funny - - - but I do. I also think "stupid idiot" is funny, but yeah, don't need the wee one copying that noise.

There was a commercial (idk what for?) and the kid goes "chad you're still a ding dong" it made me laugh.

Eta: http://youtu.be/CgkR2yLkkmo