There's so much more going on here than over there.  And a more personable group, too.  Don't know why Judy has been absent.  She is around here every day, and has been on FB a lot.

We have a spike, but we will be joined around Christmas by Judy's daughter, "Trail Mix", in our old MH, who has NOT been spiked.  They have a sign and usually some good cooking skills, so they should be in good shape.  I don't know what apple recipes she might have.  (I need to get started on a shadowbox to display the FWRR trophy.  We've only had it a couple of years, so I'm about on schedule.)  

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are quite fond of our spike, too. It sits on our mantle next to a Disney Traditions collectible (All Aboard - Mickey driving a patchwork train engine). This week I added something else to the dis

You aren't the only regretter!!

In over 30 years of going to WDW, over 20 at the Fort, my spike is without a doubt the very best souvenir I have gotten.

There's so much more going on here than over there.  And a more personable group, too.  Don't know why Judy has been absent.  She is around here every day, and has been on FB a lot.

We have a spike, but we will be joined around Christmas by Judy's daughter, "Trail Mix", in our old MH, who has NOT been spiked.  They have a sign and usually some good cooking skills, so they should be in good shape.  I don't know what apple recipes she might have.

Looking forward to see you and the family again, Ken.  And would love to meet Judy's daughter too! 

DIT,  Will y'all be there around Christmas this year?  We'll be there Dec 10-Jan 5...or thereabouts.  Melissa will also have at least her daughter and son with her.  We go to court in the morning to hopefully finalize the adoption of our little Blake.  He's been with us nearly a year, but DFCS would not let him travel out of state before this summer....after we signed intent-to-adopt papers.

Welcome :jumpforjoy

I do miss the Fort.

We had to sell the trailer, family was getting to big for it and it seems that everyone has their hands in my pockets.

Can't wait until things get better financially so we can once again do what we love, Camping and meeting new friends.

:wave1: 

DIT,  Will y'all be there around Christmas this year?  We'll be there Dec 10-Jan 5...or thereabouts.  Melissa will also have at least her daughter and son with her.  We go to court in the morning to hopefully finalize the adoption of our little Blake.  He's been with us nearly a year, but DFCS would not let him travel out of state before this summer....after we signed intent-to-adopt papers.

We should be at the Fort from 12/20 - 1/4.

Um.... no.  You should be at the Fort over Thanksgiving.   8)

Believe me.....a LOT of thought went into the question of whether we could go to the Fort for BOTH Thanksgiving and Christmas.  But we decided that wouldn't be prudent, and that it wouldn't be nice to leave our oldest DD alone for Thanksgiving.  Even though we're pretty sure that SOMEONE in Middle Tennessee would take her in and feed her some turkey. 

Are you all going over Thanksgiving?? We are arriving on Nov 21 and departing on Nov 26th. Hoping to meet some fiends :jumpforjoy

I am leaving on the morning of the 23rd. Come by for Beer and BACON.  I will be in loop 100/200/300...I'll post my site when I get it and will have my sign up.

I am leaving on the morning of the 23rd. Come by for Beer and BACON.  I will be in loop 100/200/300...I'll post my site when I get it and will have my sign up.

Lovely! We will have our sign out too and will be in the 100/200/300 loop area as well. We are traveling with a pup so we are most likely to be in the 300 loop!

Believe me.....a LOT of thought went into the question of whether we could go to the Fort for BOTH Thanksgiving and Christmas.  But we decided that wouldn't be prudent, and that it wouldn't be nice to leave our oldest DD alone for Thanksgiving.  Even though we're pretty sure that SOMEONE in Middle Tennessee would take her in and feed her some turkey. 

Prudent schmudent.

I'm betting that SOMEONE is an excellent cook, so why deprive your DD of a delicious meal?  8)

And um... hellooooo.... lobster mac and cheese.

Are you all going over Thanksgiving?? We are arriving on Nov 21 and departing on Nov 26th. Hoping to meet some fiends :jumpforjoy

If all goes according to plan we'll be there Nov 14 - Dec 5.  Hopefully in the 300 loop, but the signs will be out wherever we land.  :)

Dave, don't you have lots of FF miles, couldn't you put her on a plane down to the Fort for the actual holiday :)

(I have no dog in this hunt since, I won't be there, just enabling :)

Believe me.....I thought of that and even looked online but found that is not too easy during Thanksgiving week. 

Plus....the whole "prudent" thing kept biting me in the butt.  Spending the $$$ on two Fort trips in a month didn't make sense.  Keep in mind.....I am no where near being a Mo or Carol on the scale.  I hate the place!  :rofl3:

Plus....the whole "prudent" thing kept biting me in the butt.  Spending the $$$ on two Fort trips in a month didn't make sense. 

Of course it doesn't make sense.  Who's talking about making sense? 

Oh fine... I really do understand.

But that isn't going to stop me from pouting...

pouting-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Believe me.....I thought of that and even looked online but found that is not too easy during Thanksgiving week. 

Plus....the whole "prudent" thing kept biting me in the butt.  Spending the $$$ on two Fort trips in a month didn't make sense.  Keep in mind.....I am no where near being a Mo or Carol on the scale.  I hate the place!  :rofl3:

Damn Prudence, always messing up our fun!!!!

^^ALL THIS^^  :D

I could not have imagined I would meet so many people from this board it has been awesome, simply awesome!  I am glad I saw those signs and decided to check it out.

In over 30 years of going to WDW, over 20 at the Fort, my spike is without a doubt the very best souvenir I have gotten.

I agree!

Ken- And anyone else who doesn't know the truth- I hope you read YensidCamper/ Eric's post.  That is how that other board treats people.

I finally got to meet Eric and his family this summer.  Awesome people.

TCD

It was a real pleasure to meet you, the twins, and Ray and his family this summer.  I have always enjoyed your wit and writing on this board but your two girls are the real deal.  They are some of the nicest and most well spoken young ladies I have met in a long time.  They are special.  I know you are proud of them and you should be.

I could have stood and talked with you all for a long time that day.

I am very glad to call them friends. 

Well....I should say I'm very glad to have Beth and the boys as friends.  Eric?  The jury is still out on that one.  :rofl2:

Beth and I are lucky to have such a special family of Fiends living so close.  Your family is amazing! It usually doesn't take long to realize that I out kicked my coverage when I married Beth.  I look forward to some more camping with you guys soon.

What can I say about Lou?  We got to have Lou by our site twice now.  Unfortunately I missed you this past June.  I hope to see you again soon.  You will be glad to know your engineering stories inspired me and my kids are now enjoying robotics. 

I never knew joining this board would have blessed me and my family with the friendships we now enjoy!  I encourage anyone reading to get involved and make some GG.  You will not regret it.

If we get to see Anna, you get to see our new Blake, who turns two on 12/21..  Our "new" four legged Savannah will be about three.  Looking forward to it.

I'm toying with the idea of 1209-1216, or so.  Those are deep sites and give DW extra room to inflate more stuff along the road.  I finally downloaded the site app last evening to our new iPad.  I know, every 10 year old has one, and probably knows a lot more about how to use it, but I'm old.