Someone please 'splain this FP+ crap to me

I need some 'splainin since I'm out of the loop on the new FP+ system. Now I think that I already hate it and wish the old system was still in place, but I digress.

Here's the scenario.....

I will be purchasing annual passes before our Thanksgiving trip.

Thanksgiving will be spent offsite.

Will return at Christmas for 10-14 days at the Fort. 12/20 - whenever

I assume that I'm screwed for the Thanksgiving trip since we are offsite. But does the AP's allow me to use FP+ anyway?

When can I FP+ our Christmas trip? Is it done solely through the phone app?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just checked the website. I can't make my fp+ choices yet, because I haven't purchased our annual passes yet.  So the rat is forcing me to spend $$ I wasnt ready to do just to preplan rides that I w

Thanks for the help, err'body.     Carol,   That doesn't sound very "magical". Its crap like this why I don't like the system. I'm not a planner. I would rather show up early and grab a paper FP. oh w

I thought the ones during a resort stay don't count towards your 7 days. 

Someone way smarter than me will come along....but if staying onsite you can get FP's 60 days ahead of check in.....so for your Christmas trip, that would be like Monday I think.  You can start at midnight ET.  

For the offsite Thanksgiving trip, I think you can get them 30 days in advance but I don't know how having AP's impacts that.  Someone else will have to answer that.  

Either way, get busy planning the FP's for Christmas.  You've got a long night ahead of you tomorrow.   :rofl3:

I believe you can make FP+ ressies for a seven day period once your APs are connected to your MyDisneyExperience account.

And yes.....FP+ /MyTragic+ sucks compared to the old way of doing things, but then I am just an old curmudgeon set in my ways.............that actually work properly.

I believe you can make FP+ ressies for a seven day period once your APs are connected to your MyDisneyExperience account.

And yes.....FP+ /MyTragic+ sucks compared to the old way of doing things, but then I am just an old curmudgeon set in my ways.............that actually work properly.

I too liked the old fast pass system.  It was simple to use.  This MB+ is great for people who like to plan way ahead and have the time to do so.  I am not one of them.  Yes it sucks that we probably will not be able to ride the popular rides without a long wait or maybe never.

From the Disney site. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/passholder/

If you are an Annual Passholder, you are also invited to plan 7 days of FastPass+ selections within any 30-day period—for 1 park per day. Your 7 days don’t have to be consecutive and you can plan for an additional day as soon as one of your existing days has passed.

So for Thanksgiving you should be able to make up to 7 days of FP+. You would need to make each day as it hits 30 or wait till the whole week is within the 30. Being Thanksgiving you will probably have better availability going with each day as it opens. 

Yes, having an AP connected to MDE lets you make FP+ 30 days out. Staying at a Disney resort (or Swophin) lets you schedule 60 days out. FP+ can only be scheduled for one park each day - which SMB, because I tend to park hop.

Blake- Although the system has a lot of flaws, it's pretty easy to figure out. Use the My Disney Experience website rather than the app for making reservations. You can reserve 3 FP+'s per day. The attractions at Epcot and DHS are tiered, so you can only reserve one good attraction and two lame attractions at those parks. The only FP+'s that run out routinely are the new Mine Train ride and the Anna and Elsa meet and greet. I predict you won't be able to get those 30 days out from Thanksgiving. They will all be claimed by resort guests who were able to reserve them 60 days out. Other than those two attractions, I've been able to reserve whatever I want even the day before a visit. And sometimes Mine Train and Anna and Elsa FP+'s will pop up the day before.

Don't sweat it too much, you'll figure it out.

TCD

The issue you will run into though, is if you go ahead and book your Christmas FP+ at 60 days out, then you won't be able to make your Thanksgiving FP+ because you'll have more than 7 days worth. And if you book your Thanksgiving FP+ at 30 days out, then I don't "think" you'll be able to book any of your Christmas FP+ until you start using those Thanksgiving FP+

(Now, if you are willing to plunk down a deposit for a resort over Thanksgiving for "any" resort, buy your AP, then you can make your 60-day FP+ for both reservations, then cancel that Thanksgiving room reservation 5-days out.) The FP+ don't disappear.

Thanks for the help, err'body.

Carol,

That doesn't sound very "magical". Its crap like this why I don't like the system. I'm not a planner. I would rather show up early and grab a paper FP. oh well

FYI H20Divers Ray was in a similar situation last year, he can 'splain better than I can.

I saw DaveTN mention the long night ahead when doing the FP+ and wanted to mentioned what hubby and I did since I don't recall seeing it suggested

We both signed into our separate MDE accounts at midnight or just before maybe. But then he took Disney Studios for getting the Toy Story FP and other 2 and I was in charge of going after the Seven Dwarf Mine ride. We had our preferred dates for each parks. Had our dining dates/times on hand and went after our "assigned" park. Whoever got their park done first grabbed the next park

Once all were done hubby very speedily adjusted the times to best suit us.

But if possible I'd suggest the two people sign in and divide and conquer. All said and done I still think it took us till 1 am but that was because we were adjusting our times. I was incredibly stressed out over getting the FP done. I thought I would like it but I've grumbled more times over being so structured and I'm a planner!

I am awaiting the delivery person today. Our bands tracking shows out for delivery. Yay!!!!

Good luck! Hope your get all your rides/dates/times you prefer and have fun on those coming trips!!!

Diane

(Now, if you are willing to plunk down a deposit for a resort over Thanksgiving for "any" resort, buy your AP, then you can make your 60-day FP+ for both reservations, then cancel that Thanksgiving room reservation 5-days out.) The FP+ don't disappear.

Unfortunately, i have read of many booking a campsite for their "throwaway" reservation, esp. if they are staying off-site. :(

I just checked the website. I can't make my fp+ choices yet, because I haven't purchased our annual passes yet.  So the rat is forcing me to spend $$ I wasnt ready to do just to preplan rides that I will have no clue when we will go to each park.This system seriously SMB. I'm tempted to cancel the trip and tell disney to eat it. This type of planning goes against just about everything we like about vacation.

I saw DaveTN mention the long night ahead when doing the FP+ and wanted to mentioned what hubby and I did since I don't recall seeing it suggested

We both signed into our separate MDE accounts at midnight or just before maybe. But then he took Disney Studios for getting the Toy Story FP and other 2 and I was in charge of going after the Seven Dwarf Mine ride. We had our preferred dates for each parks. Had our dining dates/times on hand and went after our "assigned" park. Whoever got their park done first grabbed the next park

Once all were done hubby very speedily adjusted the times to best suit us.

But if possible I'd suggest the two people sign in and divide and conquer. All said and done I still think it took us till 1 am but that was because we were adjusting our times. I was incredibly stressed out over getting the FP done. I thought I would like it but I've grumbled more times over being so structured and I'm a planner!

I am awaiting the delivery person today. Our bands tracking shows out for delivery. Yay!!!!

Good luck! Hope your get all your rides/dates/times you prefer and have fun on those coming trips!!!

Diane

Thank you for the advice, Diane....but there is no way I'm convincing INC to stay up late and go through that mess.  I'm not even convinced I want to do it myself.  It's an absolutely awful system that forces guests to jump through hoops like this.  (And for all you Mouse apologists....yes I'm aware no one is forcing me to use FP+....but the other option of dropping a buttload of money on tickets and not being able to ride anything because standby lines are too long or in some cases not even allowed isn't ideal either).  

There's no need to book at midnight unless you want Anna and Elsa or 7DMT. 

Ok...I do want the mine train so maybe will do that.  But you're saying if I go online during the day on Monday I should be able to get other fastpasses, including Toy Story, for Christmas week?  (I'll probably just book them tomorrow night anyways....just curious how crazy it gets).

I booked all of mine for Thanksgiving week at midnight 60 days out and got everything I wanted. Then the next morning I changed pretty much every single one of the times and I'm pretty sure that included A&E.

But I fully agree except for 7DMT and A&E you shouldn't have any problems waiting until morning.

WBI