• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, all, to my latest trip report.  It will start slowly and take some time to complete, but eventually we will get to the end.   First of all, thank you for reading along and especially for commen

Wednesday, October 15 -- The Day the Rain Stopped -- Part 1   It was still raining this morning, so I changed our FP+s to the afternoon.  Went to the Trading Post and purchased our refillable mugs.  I

Wednesday, October 15 -- The Day the Rain Stopped -- Part 2   Our next FP was for BTMRR.             Is that ride getting rougher, or are we just getting older and more sensitive?   As we left th

Great update!

I like the artsy shots.

Thank you, Aaron!

Better late than never.  Love the pictures!  The new lens looks great, bummer about the zoom though.  I have to say the quality looks amazing.  Interesting perspective at TSM.

I am here for the duration.

Nikon doesn't make an f/1.4 zoom lens.  And if they did, it would only be 1.4 at one focal length.  

Thank you for being here!  We need to get together for lunch one day again.

It's OK if you got lost at the Fort. In fact it is encouraged. TCD has the shirt that says so.

:lol:  You're right.  I forgot about that shirt.

Now wait a minute.  You criticized David for not waiting to take a bite of pretzel so you could take a picture....but I don't see a picture of your popcorn.  :popo:

Would you honestly want to see a picture of popcorn?  If so, I think I have one on a later day.

OK, I am on board and caught up.

We just missed each other.  I checked in to the Fort on November 5 for a long weekend visit.

Your photos are excellent, as usual. I'm looking for to seeing the rest!

TCD

... sigh ... how many times have we just missed each other?  One of these days maybe we'll get to take that early morning tour of the Fort.

Thanks for being here!

Do you really need to ask that question?  :laugh:

Guess I forgot who I was talking to ... will have popcorn photos later.

LOVE the pictures Gwen.  Looking forward to more :)

Thanks, Nacole!  This was a 24-day trip, so I have lots more photos.

I've missed or made that turn myself walking back from the Outpost.  I had to cross over through the Meadows to get back to the 900 loop.

Sorry I've been missing.  Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.  Your photography is nice.  I love looking at photos.

I've missed or made that turn myself walking back from the Outpost.  I had to cross over through the Meadows to get back to the 900 loop.

Sorry I've been missing.  Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.  Your photography is nice.  I love looking at photos.

It didn't occur to me to cross through the Meadows.  Like I said, my sense of direction is terrible.  It probably took me 25-30 minutes to get to the 700 loop.

Beautiful pics!!! Having been reading on the ride home, but found it hard to post as signal kept going in and out

Thanks, Carol.  Hope you're home safely!

Been away from computer for last few days.  Now I'm caught up on your report and enjoying the photos.  Enjoyed meeting you and your husband.  Sorry didn't get to meet the pups.   

Gretchen, it was great finallly meeting you and your DH!

Friday, October 17 -- The Day We Really Enjoyed Another First -- Part 1

I went looping while David got ready to go this morning.  It was nearly 11 before he was ready.  We were establishing a bad pattern here.  I feel like at 11 half my day is already wasted.

_DSC3511_zpsd4a9be5b.jpg

_DSC3512_zps29adcc6a.jpg

_DSC3513_zpse91b9ef9.jpg

_DSC3514_zps878d5e74.jpg

_DSC3516_zps885b5b3f.jpg

I know a few of you will enjoy this:

_DSC3519_zps4e5a1c43.jpg

Back to Dolly and still waiting for David:

_DSC3523copy_zps8f5d102e.jpg

Finally we made it to the Outpost.

_DSC3525_zps6c7275c0.jpg

Our destination for the day was:

_DSC3527_zpsb4fa5fc1.jpg

_DSC3528_zps58bd26e7.jpg

We had missed our first FPs for the day but made it in time for our second.

My car design:

_DSC3532_zpsa56bdaf2.jpg

I scored 207.  Best for the day so far was 220.

This was our first time designing a car.  Last year FP riders and single riders bypassed it.

_DSC3534_zpse24e978a.jpg

_DSC3535_zps7151564d.jpg

_DSC3540_zps10b3d5a8.jpg

_DSC3542_zpsb5e3c089.jpg

_DSC3545_zps6144eeac.jpg

We walked on to our next destination.

_DSC3546_zps38d7ee24.jpg

_DSC3548_zpsa27541c2.jpg

_DSC3549_zpsabc4aeaa.jpg

Must stop here.  Too many pics for one post and don't want to break in an awkward spot.

Friday, October 17 -- The Day We Really Enjoyed Another First -- Part 2

Then it was time for our most special meal of the trip and another first for us -- LE CELLIER!

We had reservations for California Grill, but after studying both menus we decided to cancel CG in favor of Le Cellier.  And this was a wise decision for us!

_DSC3551_zps95be4fa6.jpg

_DSC3554_zps55276cbc.jpg

_DSC3556_zpse46aa7cd.jpg

_DSC3558_zpsab0a13ea.jpg

_DSC3559_zpsc8f4cffe.jpg

_DSC3562_zps4ef53d77.jpg

_DSC3563_zpsf4945223.jpg

_DSC3564_zps7b1e63ab.jpg

Our bread arrived first.

_DSC3568_zpsf69133d4.jpg

Then we shared the charcuterie plate.  It included bison terrine, two kinds of sausages, prosciutto, cheese, pickles, and bread.  Everything was really good except one sausage that was very bland. 

Sorry the pic is really fuzzy:

_DSC3569_zps7d9189a2.jpg

And we each had:

_DSC3571_zps9d1885ba.jpg

They were happy to give me green beans instead of mashed potatoes.  And the truffle sauce ... how wonderful!

We had an impeccable server.  Talked to her for awhile and she explained that she is on the DCP -- Disney Cultural Program.  She said all the people working in the various countries are on that plan.  It's a 12-month program.

We both agreed this was the best meal we've ever had at WDW and easily the best steak we've had anywhere.

More pics inside the restaurant.  It is a very small area.

_DSC3573_zpsd09de943.jpg

_DSC3575_zps6a18ee07.jpg

_DSC3577_zps60fc04b7.jpg

_DSC3579_zps0ec83477.jpg

We stayed in the restaurant so long that we missed our last FP.  No biggie since we'd be back in EPCOT several times.

On the way out I snapped this.  Can't go by that fountain without thinking of Carol.

_DSC3582_zps58afcb60.jpg

Took Kassie looping and had snacks/sandwiches for dinner.

_DSC3585_zps238486aa.jpg

_DSC3586_zps6b00dcbe.jpg

_DSC3588_zps68aea294.jpg

Friday, October 17 -- The Day We Really Enjoyed Another First -- Part 1

I went looping while David got ready to go this morning.  It was nearly 11 before he was ready.  We were establishing a bad pattern here.  I feel like at 11 half my day is already wasted.

I know a few of you will enjoy this:

_DSC3519_zps4e5a1c43.jpg

_DSC3548_zpsa27541c2.jpg

I'm a morning person as well... so I have to agree, 11am would be a late (Tom on the other hand could easy stay up until 2am and then sleep-in until 11am  :rolleyes: )

Gators?  Yeah... we loved your neighbors :)

Love the pictures at Epcot... especially that Mickey :)

Thursday, October 16 -- The Day I Got Lost

Okay, I have a confession to make here.  I have a terrible sense of direction.  Despite thinking I understood TCD's and Carol's directions, I got lost.  I took a wrong turn at the four-way stop and ended up going the long way around.  So long that David was calling me wondering where in the world I was. 

So several days later after I had successfully made it to the 700 loop and really understood how to go, I took pictures of all the turns.  Will post them later in case anyone is interested.

I now understand why we never got to see you guys after that first day.... you were lost for several days somewhere between the Outpost and the 700 loop. It must have been really lonely out there on the ECV all alone with no food or drink.... I guess it really is a wilderness out there!

I'm a morning person as well... so I have to agree, 11am would be a late (Tom on the other hand could easy stay up until 2am and then sleep-in until 11am  :rolleyes: )

Gators?  Yeah... we loved your neighbors :)

Love the pictures at Epcot... especially that Mickey :)

At home the alarm goes off as early as 2:00 a.m. and as late as 4:15 a.m., depending on what time he has to be at work.  I have no idea why he took so long to get ready in the mornings.  I eventually started going to the parks early without him!  

Go Gata.  

Yes, those green beans look delicious.  

Being a morning person, that would drive me nuts.  By 11am I'd hope to already have a good 3 hours at the parks, or at least 2 if it opened at 9.  

Those green beans were absolutely delicious!

I now understand why we never got to see you guys after that first day.... you were lost for several days somewhere between the Outpost and the 700 loop. It must have been really lonely out there on the ECV all alone with no food or drink.... I guess it really is a wilderness out there!

:rofl:   At least I had comfort stations and water fountains!

My eldest wants to eat in Canada.  I get hives when I see the pricing though.

It wasn't too bad with our TIW card.  Really, you could split an appetizer, entree, and dessert between two people and save quite a bit.  We discussed splitting the steak, but I like mine medium rare and David likes his medium well, and neither of us wanted to compromise.  With one appetizer and two steaks, we really had too much food.  

I love all your pictures.

You have a gift for taking them.

Your pictures always remind me to look at things a little closer and deeper.

Great job

Wow, Ray, that's quite a compliment!  Thank you!

Your photos are especially good so far, Gwen.

It looks like the Halloween decorations at the Fort were really good this year.

I loved all the Le Cellier photos.  It's been a long time since I've eaten there.  Way back before the DDP wrecked everything, they had a reasonable lunch menu, which included steaks and other things on the children's menu.  We used to go there for lunch every chance we got.

Now, the prices keep me away.

TCD