Surprise, Santa, and a Shiny new AP Holder… A GDF Trip Report

I’m not sure what happened between the parade and the rest of these pictures. Sorry, it’s been almost a month.

I think this one of Z looking at our directions is cute.

IMG_1669.jpg

Our cart

IMG_1672.jpg

Our neighbors were away for the night, so we agreed to keep an eye on their site. The wife is a Fiend who hasn’t posted much. The husband let Jason borrow is lasers to play with. They’re pretty neat.

IMG_1673.jpg

We popped our portable Bose speaker into the cart and played Christmas music while we did some looping. During this looping, Jason said that he’s never had so much Christmas spirit and that it would be really hard not to do this again next year. YES!

Here are some of the decorations.

IMG_1674.jpg

Here’s the tree farm site that I showed before, but you can see better details here.

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

Their little “fire” was cute.

IMG_1679.jpg

Their neighbors had this at their site.

IMG_1676.jpg

Now I don’t know why they had it at the Fort, but it’s a Mosler MT900S. Apparently there are only 19 left in the world. Jason enjoyed looking at it.

A castle

IMG_1680.jpg

Luminaries

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

We headed to the Settlement to see someone who made a last minute stop before his long night… Santa!

IMG_1684.jpg

Then there was more hula hooping.

IMG_1686.jpg

And we fired up the BGE Mini Max for a nontraditional Christmas Eve meal.

IMG_1689.jpg

Cheeseburgers! We took the lazy way out and got fries from Trail’s End takeout for a side.

IMG_1690.jpg

Z went to bed, and we closed all the doors and curtains, so Santa wouldn’t be afraid to visit.

We enjoyed a fire for a bit, and then headed to bed ourselves.

IMG_1692.jpg

At some point during the night, Santa came!

IMG_1693.jpg

The next update is Christmas morning, and it includes what might possibly be the CUTEST PICTURE EVER POSTED on Fort Fiends. Really. 

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, it’s time for another GDF trip report. This trip started small and ended up much bigger. Originally, I thought Z and I might drive down for a few days before Christmas to see some Disney lights

We’ve made it to December 26th, our last day. The plan for this day was to hit Animal Kingdom for a bit and then hang at the Fort and go to the Fiend Grand Gathering at DIT’s site.   We weren’t doing

Okay so I'm about half way done with this report.  It's keeping me sane on these hard days of adjustment.  We got home from China about a week and a half ago!  Yay!   Here's the boys at the airport!  

Great parade pix

A small parade at the fort is better than no parade for us poor schmucks who weren't at the fort.

Olaf costume pix? We're waiting!!!

I agree! 

You didn't see the Olaf costume in person, did you? Olaf is not the only one in the pictures... they're winners!

Love the decorated site pix.

I googled pix of the Mosler. To me it looks like a Ford GT with Lamborghini scissor doors. I think id rather have the GT.

Can't wait for Christmas morning.

I'm not really a car person. Jason thought it was cool because it's rare. 

Christmas morning was the BEST!

I was there the day the tree farm started setting up. They worked on it for a long time. We were just a few sites over from them.

Glad Jason is enjoying the Fort.

I thought it was a clever idea. There were a lot of details, and I think the trees were real. 

Yes they were real trees. They brought in trailer loads of stuff to set up.

Very cool!

More great photos!

I keep noticing you all in short sleeves, which amazes me since I was in my winter coat over Halloween.

We had awesome weather. It was perfect. Christmas Day was actually the coolest. Besides that, it was 78-84 during the day. 

Wow... dinner time/dark, and I still see people in tshirts.  Nice! 

Your neighbor's car cracked me up.

Looking forward to the cutest pic ever!! :)

I'm telling you... the weather was close to perfection. I'm about to break out long sleeves for Christmas Day though. 

I can't wait to see the cutest picture ever.

I hope this isn't a trick, and you post a picture of your brother,  DIT,  in a Viking hat or something.

TCD

I'm not joking. There are actually 2, and I'm not sure which is cutest of them. You can help me decide. 

Anna as Elsa.  That is gold right there.

Just wait.... give me a few minutes.... 

Here we go, Christmas Day!

Parents of young children, don’t hate me, but Z woke up at 9:40 and let us know that Santa had come! Yep, my kid sleeps in.

We opened presents. Well, Z did. Jason and I had decided that our present was the trip. That’s an awesome present, right?

Here’s some of Z’s presents. And yes, the clock behind him needs a battery.

IMG_1698.jpg

This will end up being his best present.

IMG_1705.jpg

His teacher gave everyone in the class a book to open on Christmas Day. She’s awesome!

IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

From Grammy

IMG_1703.jpg

Santa did bring me one thing.

IMG_1706.jpg

Not sure what Santa was thinking with these, and sorry Jason is shirtless.

IMG_1697.jpg

The rain coat on the right reminded me though that it did rain at some point Christmas Eve. Was that the night it rained most of the night? Maybe. Sorry, I can’t remember.

I cooked up a breakfast skillet while the boys watched a new movie.

IMG_1714.jpg

And played with some presents.

IMG_1711.jpg

After breakfast, we decided we’d do some laundry and that it was time for Olaf to have his own meet/greet time around the campground. It was awesome.

While I started the laundry, Z got ready.

IMG_1715.jpg

Kids were coming up to him at the site like he was a celebrity.

Olaf wanted to wish people a Merry Christmas, so we hopped on the cart.

IMG_1716.jpg

Look, I’m wearing long sleeves and a scarf!

IMG_1718.jpg

While out looping, we saw this cool Nightmare Before Christmas site.

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

Now, this Olaf in front of the Fort Christmas tree might be one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen, but can you believe it gets cuter?

IMG_1722.jpg

On the way back to the site, we had to pass by the DIT site (unless we broke the law and went the wrong way.) They were getting ready to go to eat, and guess who was wearing her Elsa dress?

This girl!

IMG_1729.jpg

That’s cute isn’t it? See TCD, I didn’t trick you.

This is pretty darn cute too.

IMG_1731.jpg

I can’t decide which is cuter. I love the way Anna smiles at Z.

The DIT crew headed to eat, and we got Z changed. See, when we were looping Olaf wanted to play on the playground. But it had been raining, so we told him he had to change.

We’re back!

IMG_1734.jpg

Evidence of the rain, and of course, we had to talk Z out of jumping in there.

IMG_1735.jpg

We talked to some nice families at the playground, and before long it was time to head back to the site to get boots on for Mickey’s Backyard BBQ! Yes that’s right… Christmas Dinner at Mickey’s and like a good Georgians, the GDF family all own boots.

Another Pioneer Hall shot

IMG_1737.jpg

Someone snuck on the playground

IMG_1741.jpg

Quiet on the beach

IMG_1742.jpg

It’s time and someone is excited!

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

We’ll hit the BBQ in the next update! 

Oh goodness... the picture of the two of them, TOO CUTE!  Love, love, love it.  Made my heart smile :)

Christmas morning at Disney with family... next to worship at church (I'm not catholic, but one of the years I am going to attend a midnight mass!) can't imagine anywhere better!  Was Christmas dinner at the BBQ?  That. is. awesome!!!!

You were not lying.

Anna in an Elsa dress hugging Olaf is the cutest thing I've ever seen on ff.net.

Great job!

Z is awesome for wearing that costume.

TCD

I told you! 

And Z loves wearing that costume. They had a day at school where the kids wore something that showed what they were passionate about. Z said he was passionate about Disney and wore it to school. It was a HUGE hit. He barely got down the hall to his classroom and got warm hugs all day. 

Great picture of Anna/Elsa hugging Olaf/Z!! I can't wait for more of your trip report!!

Thanks! And thanks for reading along. 

I love the picture of them hugging. Definitely cutest thing ever!

I smile every single time I look at it. 

Awww Super Cute! I Just Couldn't Imagine Being Some Place Warm On Christmas But Your Pictures Are Starting To Make Me Rethink Things.

I'm a warm weather girl, but Christmas there isn't always as warm as it was for us this time. 

Oh goodness... the picture of the two of them, TOO CUTE!  Love, love, love it.  Made my heart smile :)

Christmas morning at Disney with family... next to worship at church (I'm not catholic, but one of the years I am going to attend a midnight mass!) can't imagine anywhere better!  Was Christmas dinner at the BBQ?  That. is. awesome!!!!

It was a great morning! And yes, we did Christmas dinner at the Backyard BBQ. I was able to snag an ADR when someone cancelled. 

That picture just oooooozes cuteness :)

It sure does! 

You were right very cute pictures!

I didn't see Z-Olaf in front of the Fort tree though?  Was that picture missing or did I miss it?

WBI

Thanks for pointing that out. I fixed it!