New washers and dryers coming in next couple months

More info from Orlando Theme Park News.  Check out the part I bolded in purple...

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/03/walt-disney-world-hotels-guest-laundry.html

This sounds like the same set up at my daughter's college dorm...  They can reserve a washer, and find out when their load is done, just before someone else comes along and dumps the clothes on the floor.

From the pics I saw on Facebook too they are the same as I had here at FQ. All front loaders here. Vending machine was $1 for detergent and $1 for two dryer sheets. $2 to wash, about 34 minutes. $2 to dry, about 60. Worked well and had no problems using my wife's card to pay.

That's what the vendor said. They currently had units in PO and AOA.

According to the LaundryView Monitoring System website, it looks like the following loops now have the new washers/dryers connected...

COMFORT STATION 100-200 LOOP      (5 W / 6 D)

COMFORT STATION 2000 BACK      (5 W / 6 D)

COMFORT STATION 300      (4 W / 4 D)

COMFORT STATION 400-500      (5 W / 1 D)

COMFORT STATION 800      (5 W / 6 D)

COMFORT STATION 900      (5 W / 6 D)

I'm not sure how often the site is updated but it's pretty cool.  Click on one of the comfort stations and it shows you all the machines and their current status. The "in use" ones even jiggle in the graphic!  :rofl2:

http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

Can you use most any major credit/debit card?  Will this lead to less laundry usage if you have to carry a separate card you might not normally carry to the laundry?

I didnt notice anything notes or stickers saying only Vis/MC for instance. We used Sil's Visa Debit and it was fine with that. 

• 2 weeks later...

The dryers give you a choice of dry times 60 minutes is 2.50, 54 minutes is 2.25, 6 minutes is 25 cents, and there was a 4th option that I forget. One washer and one dryer still takes quarters. The soap dispenser also takes cards, but will also take quarters

The dryers work amazingly well.  At 54 minutes everything in them is super hot and very dry, almost overdone if you worry about clothes shrinking. 

I even did a load of 5 heavy beach towels and they were all done at 54 minutes.  The old dryers took forever to get the whole load dry.  I am happy about the change.

This is a very cool upgrade. Thank goodness Disney farmed it out to an outside vendor and didn't let the MDE and MB crew try to set it up. I would hate to have to schedule my laundry 180 days out only to find out when I arrived that the system had crashed and Disney put a bucket and a HDDR wash board in front of the door. 

This is a very cool upgrade. Thank goodness Disney farmed it out to an outside vendor and didn't let the MDE and MB crew try to set it up. I would hate to have to schedule my laundry 180 days out only to find out when I arrived that the system had crashed and Disney put a bucket and a HDDR wash board in front of the door. 

:laugh:

You made me laugh out loud !!!!

The dryers give you a choice of dry times 60 minutes is 2.50, 54 minutes is 2.25, 6 minutes is 25 cents, and there was a 4th option that I forget. One washer and one dryer still takes quarters. The soap dispenser also takes cards, but will also take quarters

The dryers work amazingly well.  At 54 minutes everything in them is super hot and very dry, almost overdone if you worry about clothes shrinking. 

I even did a load of 5 heavy beach towels and they were all done at 54 minutes.  The old dryers took forever to get the whole load dry.  I am happy about the change.

Great info - thanks!

:rofl2:

• 2 months later...