From Moscow to Mickey – My Little Girl’s Journey to the Fort (DaveInTN and Family Spend Thanksgiving With The Fiends!)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, got the video on youtube. Will try posting here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pei4x-yXMs&feature=youtu.be

Wow, you are good. I even want to camp with your family.

The Beginning January 16, 2008. The dead of winter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The sun rises around 10:00am and sets by 3:00pm. It is a cold and dark day. (How do I know this? They’re ALL cold and d

I thought TR's were supposed to be fun? You probably snickered with every line you typed, knowing that we would all be blubbering idiots (well most of us are idiots, regardless.... :)) ) by the time that first installment was finished.

It's hard to imagine putting a child into an institution, without family members visiting them, or even bothering to call.

700,00 orphans?

9th pregnancy?

7 abortions? :(

How does that woman sleep at night?

God bless you and INC for bringing Anna into your home.

I can't wait to hear about her first Fort trip. I hope the fun stuff is coming, mascara isn't cheap you know!

Great start, even if alot are all teared up, all I can say is thank goodness there are people like you in this world. My sister taught special needs children even if she could not have any of her own, but she always said that her students were all her kids.

I am tearing up as well. Many of us feel like she is part of our family. She has grown so much & I love spending time with her. Only wish we had spent more time together. We r so sorry we didnt get to say goodby we will miss all of u wEuntil stone mtn

Dave-

I will agree with all the others who have commented that you are off to a fantastic start on this trip report.

It was great to see you and your family again at the Fort.

And meeting Anna was the highlight of my trip. I will never forget how Anna reacted to meeting me. It makes me smile right now just thinking about it. I won't say anymore about that now, as I hope our meeting will be mentioned at some point in your report

What a charmer Anna is!

It boggles my mind to think how much her life and your lives have changed because of your willingness to go to the lengths that you did to make her a part of your family.

Although our time together was short, I truly enjoyed the time we did get to spend together-our "mission," the beginning of the beer tasting at your site, and the chance meetings that we had around the Fort over the week.

You are a heck of a guy, Dave. And I would be remiss if I failed to mention how impressed I was by your older daughters. What great big sisters all of them are to Anna. You and It's Not Cindy have done a great job raising your girls!

I am very much looking forward to reading the rest of your report.

I agree this will be one for the record books.

Bring it on!

TCD

And meeting Anna was the highlight of my trip. I will never forget how Anna reacted to meeting me.

Well since we weren't there to witness it was it something like this? :blink: and then :panic:

Of course being the cute kid she is she probably didnt' react the way she should have (see above)

Dear Dave, I haven't had the opportunity to meet you or your wonderful wife and children as of yet, but I plan on changing that with Stone Mountain 2012, however I can tell you that I'm simply in love with you all. I apologize in advance, please warn the children not to be afraid, but you ALL are going to be hugged and loved on immensly when we meet. Again, I aplogize in advance. Now get this thing moving before I get the papers on my desk any wetter than they already are!!!

I thought TR's were supposed to be fun? You probably snickered with every line you typed, knowing that we would all be blubbering idiots (well most of us are idiots, regardless.... :)) ) by the time that first installment was finished.

I'm a sadistic little SOB. :rofl2:

Add me to the list of the blubbering, at least these are happy tears. :heart:

Man, I really didn't intend to bring you all to tears. At least not until the Ohana lets loose.

Looking forward to more. Great start and a great story. Her smile is adorable.

Thanks!

me too!

Thanks to you too!

I knew as soon as I saw this TR title that I would be needing the tissues! Can't wait to hear more!!

More coming up soon!

you are right..should have been prepared

So I'm both sadistic AND devious? :rofl3:

Great start, even if alot are all teared up, all I can say is thank goodness there are people like you in this world. My sister taught special needs children even if she could not have any of her own, but she always said that her students were all her kids.

I give a lot of credit to those that teach our special kids. It takes a ton of knowledge, patience and love for those teachers. They certainly don't do it for the money!

I am tearing up as well. Many of us feel like she is part of our family. She has grown so much & I love spending time with her. Only wish we had spent more time together. We r so sorry we didnt get to say goodby we will miss all of u wEuntil stone mtn

We are really upset we missed you to say goodbye too. We looked for you at your site and Jen said you were at Judy's. When we got to Judy's, she said you and Richie had just left. We were without a cart by then so didn't make it back to 1600. But we enjoyed our visit very much. Anna just loves getting hugs from her Auntie Lorna!

With a start like that, this TR may just head for the record books. What a joy it was to see Anna (and the rest of the family) again. I thank God everytime I see her that she found her way to you!

It was great seeing you and your awesome family again too, Scot. With any luck, that wedding in May will be called off so you can go to Stone Mountain! :rofl2:

Dang Dave what a way to start a TR. You haven't even gotten to the fort & it's an amazing story. I can't wait for more.

Coming right up, Steve. And as usual with my reports, they start out strong and then go precipitously downhill.

....And meeting Anna was the highlight of my trip. I will never forget how Anna reacted to meeting me. It makes me smile right now just thinking about it. I won't say anymore about that now, as I hope our meeting will be mentioned at some point in your report

What a charmer Anna is!

She sure had you wrapped around her finger! And I will certainly be covering that encounter in the report.

Well since we weren't there to witness it was it something like this? :blink: and then :panic:

Of course being the cute kid she is she probably didnt' react the way she should have (see above)

Andrew was like putty in her hands. :rofl3:

Aw c'mon Dave, I have to go to work and now I have to fix my makeup before I go. I have been looking forward to this trip report for a long time. Hope you update today, so I have something to read when I get home. Can't wait!

I don't know if you're home yet...but I will be updating shortly.

Dear Dave, I haven't had the opportunity to meet you or your wonderful wife and children as of yet, but I plan on changing that with Stone Mountain 2012, however I can tell you that I'm simply in love with you all. I apologize in advance, please warn the children not to be afraid, but you ALL are going to be hugged and loved on immensly when we meet. Again, I aplogize in advance. Now get this thing moving before I get the papers on my desk any wetter than they already are!!!

Right back atcha Judy! We can't wait to meet y'all too. Stone Mountain is going to be one big hug fest. And if Lou makes it, he'll be butt dialing the whole crowd!

I just finished the "Bringing Anna Home Thread".... now I'm ready for an update. Don't make me sic Judy on you... she's starting to yell already!

I certainly don't want to feel the wrath of Judy.

Pass the kleenex please..

Sorry, Bob used it all.

All we can say is you and Christy are definitely two of "God's Angels"..

All the glory is God's.

Anna is a special little girl, as are all of your girls. I was very impressed when I met them. Your family certainly is blessed. I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Thanks for joining in Lisa! I hope you aren't trying to read this from the annoying white box in the basement.

I'm in! Great start and thanks for sharing Anna's story.

Thanks for reading along!