Tow Nater Celebrates At The Fort

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope that wasn't my guess. I thought it might be because the male carries the eggs till term. Which to me anyway sounds like a pretty good deal! :)

Updates are fast and furious! I have never been in the Norway church either. I'll have to check it out. It's amazing what the 'ritas will do to you on a hot day like that. If I am ever there at th

Hooray for Tow Nater!!! Y'all are like the Incredibles at the Fort. A family of superheroes! Trevor is snake man. Nathen is Tow Nater. Stef is Banana girl. She will get rid of any unwanted bananas in

That would be a starfish ...

Ed, I do believe you're right. I don't know why I wrote octopus, I know what a damn octopus looks like.

I'm waiting for the brain cells that I killed in the last week, to regenerate. :oregonian_winesmiley:

Enjoying the TR. Sorry we missed you. We didn't know when you were leaving or we would have made more attempts!

YC

No problem, it's hard when you're at the Fort. We'll catch up another time.

I like a nice trip report that keeps moving. Good job. Makes up for being one of the annoying guests in the giant golf ball who insists on using flash photography.

Going to squeeze in one more update tonight. We have a long ride ahead!

When the rope-dropping guards finally let us all through, we made a stop in Paris. Bonjour!

fortMay2012268.jpg

More topiaries in France

fortMay2012270.jpg

fortMay2012271.jpg

fortMay2012272.jpg

fortMay2012273.jpg

And sniffed around the patisserie

fortMay2012274.jpg

In the blink of an eye, we traveled to Morocco. Salam alekoum!

fortMay2012275.jpg

fortMay2012276.jpg

fortMay2012277.jpg

fortMay2012278.jpg

fortMay2012279.jpg

fortMay2012280.jpg

fortMay2012281.jpg

We cruised by Japan. Kon Ni chi Wa!

fortMay2012282.jpg

fortMay2012285.jpg

Lightening McQueen and Tow Mater (Tow Nater's distant cousin) have traveled to Tokyo.

fortMay2012284.jpg

fortMay2012283.jpg

We spotted a weather vane in the US. Hello!

fortMay2012286.jpg

On to Italy, my favorite spot in all of Epcot. Buon giorno!

fortMay2012289.jpg

fortMay2012288.jpg

fortMay2012287.jpg

Even more topiaries. These must come with a warning.

DaveinTN: Look away! The subjects in these photos may be damaging to your retinas.

fortMay2012290.jpg

fortMay2012291.jpg

By now we're getting hungry, but we knew I had chicken in the crock pot for later. A quick snack couldn't hurt, right?

But first we stopped to admire the mini railroad.

fortMay2012292.jpg

I love all the detail that's put into this. Here is a gazebo with a tiny little couple kissing in it.

fortMay2012293.jpg

The following images may be unsuitable for children.

A train has derailed!

fortMay2012294.jpg

I'm pretty sure the duck is responsible. Every time I glanced over at him, he would turn his head and refuse to make eye contact. Guilty, I tell you!!

It was about this time that I get a text from Karla that "Your prince is waiting for you" and about 10 minutes later, Trevor hollers to me that I have company! :jumpforjoy

Thanks to Karla for this pic, as I was too excited to even consider picking up my camera.

DSCN2527-1.jpg

Poor Aiden, I squeezed him like my favorite teddy bear. :heart:

I have been reading along, but have not had the chance to really post until now. As usual an awesome report.

As I already said on Karla's TR I think that this picture of you and your prince truly captures what this whole board is about.

A train has derailed!

fortMay2012294.jpg

I'm pretty sure the duck is responsible. Every time I glanced over at him, he would turn his head and refuse to make eye contact. Guilty, I tell you!!

Uh huh... Likely story... I don't know if I can believe someone who uses flash photography in Spaceship Earth. ;)

I like a nice trip report that keeps moving. Good job. Makes up for being one of the annoying guests in the giant golf ball who insists on using flash photography.

Thanks for reading.....but one should never ASS U ME! :raspberry:

What a minute....If Siemen's gets a Beavis and Butthead reference.....what about Peacock? Maybe it's a Cartman (for those that follow South Park)

I never have gotten into South Park, but I could have just as much fun with the word Peacock. Being an only child has taught me to entertain myself. :))

I have been reading along, but have not had the chance to really post until now. As usual an awesome report.

Thanks Yvonne, don't tell anyone else, but Aiden is my most favorite fiend. :wub:

Nothing a little Roundup and a good weedwacker couldn't take care of.

:hah: Dave, there will be more pictures that may bother you, but I promise to issue warnings.

It's midnight & I'm sitting here drooling of a pizza that's 1250 miles away. This is my favorite place to eat in all of WDW.

Great TR so far!!

Steve, I drool ever time I go to Italy....but it ain't the pizza that causes it. ;)

Caught up! I can't believe y'all were ragging about the girl's outfit! I have one just like it that I was planning to wear to the parks on our next trip! I figured once folks saw me in that, it would clear the parks and I would be able to walk on to all the rides! :lmao1: Seriously, OMG WTF was she thinking!

Caught up! I can't believe y'all were ragging about the girl's outfit! I have one just like it that I was planning to wear to the parks on our next trip! I figured once folks saw me in that, it would clear the parks and I would be able to walk on to all the rides! :lmao1: Seriously, OMG WTF was she thinking!

I was kinda thinkin that was gonna be Ed's costume for the next Batwit.

We're almost done with our World tour, but we must stop at the caramel shop in Germany. I wanted to bring home a dessert for Trevor since he opted to stay back at camp.

To backtrack for a second. When I gave Nathen his birthday button, he looked at me like I was crazy, but I insisted he wore it. His birthday is the 25th and very rarely are we in WDW on that day. It always seems to fall the day before we arrive or the day we leave to come home.

The birthday button paid off in the caramel shop. While I was drooling over all the goodies, the CM at the counter said "Happy Birthday Nathen, would you like one of these?" and handed him a chocolate covered marshmallow drizzled with caramel and nuts.

SCORE! He ate one and gave me the other one.

fortMay2012296.jpg

I brought home 2 of these beauties for later.

fortMay2012310.jpg

Nathen wanted to make a stop in China. Ni hao!

fortMay2012297.jpg

And we shared a couple of eggrolls.

fortMay2012298.jpg

We popped into Norway. Heisann!

We went into the church (thanks to Gwen's TR, I had never walked through it)

fortMay2012299.jpg

While Nate went to grab a water, I snapped some pictures.

fortMay2012300.jpg

fortMay2012301.jpg

fortMay2012302.jpg

We had only one stop left on our tour, we saved the best for last.

Mexico. Hola!

fortMay2012304.jpg

I don't speak spanish and I don't wear sombreros, but I love the fiesta margaritas!! :jumpforjoy

fortMay2012303.jpg

If you've been paying attention, you'll remember we've eaten 1 marshmallow and 1 eggroll. It's now 97 degrees and we have to rush through our margaritas before they melt.....it hit us like a ton of bricks!

We parked our butts on a bench and giggled. We got mesmerized by a family of ducks.

fortMay2012305.jpg

fortMay2012306.jpg

And ultimately decided we'd better go back to camp. Thank God, we were the only ones on our bus because we couldn't stop giggling at anything and everything.

fortMay2012309.jpg

fortMay2012307.jpg

Remember I told you I wouldn't want to spend my time at the Fort working? (Like the lady repainting her Airstream letters) Well, the night before we left Nate had bought new bulbs for his headlights and thought this afternoon was the perfect time to install them. ::)

fortMay2012311.jpg

fortMay2012312.jpg

While the boys finished up, I shredded the chicken that had been cooking in the crockpot.

fortMay2012313.jpg

While we were lounging at camp, Trevor sees a Fort ranger pull up to my lamp/sign and get off his cart. I got to the end of the slab as he was climbing back in his cart and said "I caught you sneaking around my sign" He laughed and explained that he was getting a FF card.

Ranger Mark is from England, and was super nice. We chatted for about an hour about FF, the Fort, the rules and other rangers. If I am ever in need of a ranger I would look for this one. He explained they were told the Fort was at 100% capacity for Saturday & Sunday so they were going to have their hands full. His biggest concern was for the parents that let their kids run amok just because they're in Disney World. He's not out to ruin anyone's vacation.

If your reading this Mark, it was great meeting you! :wave1:

We got about a half hour of rain that afternoon, so I soaked up some A/C and read an Enquirer. Dinner was buffalo chicken sandwiches and pasta salad.

fortMay2012314.jpg

Nathen had to head out to Bass Pro to get Amanda, so I kissed his face and Trevor and I hopped on a bus..............

Updates are fast and furious! I have never been in the Norway church either. I'll have to check it out. It's amazing what the 'ritas will do to you on a hot day like that. If I am ever there at the same time as you, you'll probably catch me lurking around your lamp post. I showed it to my wife last night and we both love it! I think I read on another thread that you are going to make the matching Minnie post? That should be pretty wicked awesome when you have both. (All references to the term "wicked awesome" are due to another fiends recent trip to Boston and in honor of Lou's Boston knowledge.....I cannot be held responsible). Now we resume our regulary schedule TR response post. Mmm....buffalo chicken sandwiches...

Your TR's are GREAT! I like the way you incorporate the multi-lingual phrases. Between that and the stops we have made at KidCot stations over the years, I'm feeling quite intercontinential. :)

Thanks for sharing all the great pics!