In which we go to Disney and bring home a kitten

Hi! Well, we had a GREAT time on our first family trip to Disney World. Here's a few photos and some details. Thanks to all the fiends who made this a MAGICAL vacation!

Ken finished up his work around noon and I left work around 2:30pm on Friday Aug 17th. We were pulling out of the driveway at 4pm!

KenAug17.jpg

The weather was good and we were making good time. There was a bit of traffic, but it was moving.

The girls (Casey -9, and Kylie -6) were so excited to finally be on our way to Disney!

We drove for about 1 hr before we stopped for gas, then got the kids settled down in their pjs. Other than some construction traffic in PA on rt 81, we made good time and stopped in Harrisburg, PA at a Cracker Barrel for the night at about 12:30am.

We all woke around 8am Sat morning had a good breakfast at CB then headed out.

SwitchingseatsAug18.jpg

We stopped at a playground in Virgina for lunch.

PlaygroundAug18.jpg

Playground2Aug18.jpg

The girls ran around and played while I made sandwiches. After about 45min we were back on the road again.

Everyone was in good spirits.

Rest stop in NC

NCAug18.jpg

Then another stop for dinner at a playground again.

CarNapAug18.jpg

Ken drove the entire way... he said he'd rather drive than sit in the passenger seat. We didn't hit any traffic and the going was good.

We sang, watched movies, colored and slept our way to bottom of South Carolina. We stopped at about midnight in another Cracker Barrel. Just a few hours more to Disney!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TR, this a TR, never mind, I'm outaheya!

Because being a Fiend means never having to say you're sorry!!

Monday morning was Casey's YES class. So, Casey and I had a quick breakfast of cereal and we headed to the bus stop. We were very lucky and only waited a few minutes for the bus, then made the 8:30

We woke up pretty late (8:30 am) on Sunday had breakfast.

CrackerBarrelAug19.jpg

And we got on the road.

I wanted to stop at the FL welcome center, but Ken didn't feel like pulling in. So, no free OJ for us. >:( oh well.

I was live chatting with a few of the Fiends (Bob, Doodle, etc) as we were pulling into the area. They "talked" me right into our site! I must say it was very very fun and exciting to share the moment of arrival with them LIVE on chat.

WDWsignAug19.jpg

We ARRIVED about 1:30pm.

WereHERE1Aug19.jpg

Drove thru the gates, then on the the MK toll booth.

WhereHereAug19.jpg

The Fort!!!! so exciting. The CM on duty was very nice to us and gave us our 1st time buttons.

WereHere2Aug19.jpg

FortSignAug19.jpg

Gotta go work on more photos. :-)

Preview: we set up our site and headed to Magic Kingdom!

Thanks for joining in!

Stefa70--yep we call her toothless. She lost yet another of her top teeth while at the Fort, but more on that later!

Judy--yes it was a long drive! but worth it.

TCD--yep totally trying to savor these years. But your relationship w/ your teenage daughters gives me hope!

Charity--yep! priceless!!! I loved that they were so excited.

hi Carol!

dellasgirl -- kitten photos in the middle and end of the trip.

TJ!

Monique--glad to have you aboard.

Nicki--thanks for joining in!