Do You Remember Your First Time?

Your first time at THE FORT!

(I've learned that some people don't get my humor, so I wanted to clear up the title, first thing)

I never do pre-trip reports but I do have a couple of pre-stories I must tell you.

This was Amber's first trip to the Fort, her first trip on WDW property, as a matter of fact.

Shocking, huh?

I had a conversation with Lou that I want to share with the rest of you. I saw Lou on Tuesday and told him that Nate would join us on Friday, with Amber, his new GF. They would not be going to any parks since Amber didn't have a ticket. He asked why she wouldn't just buy one, and I had to let a cat out of the bag.

FortSept2012011.jpg

That little beauty is Amber's daughter. Amber got married young and after the baby came, the father bailed.

This is the reason why Amber wouldn't buy a park ticket, her money is spent elsewhere. :)

Nate was content on taking her resort hopping and to Downtown Disney.

Now that that's out of the way, we can move this trip report along.

Trevor and I had planned on arriving on Monday, Sept. 24th. We hadn't camped since the end of May. A week or so before, we bug bombed the rv and got it cleaned up and ready to go.

On the Saturday before we were to leave, we pulled the golf cart out.

:holysheep:

If you look at this photo taken in Feb. you'll notice a stain on the seat behind Mason. We had no idea where it came from!? Nothing, including toilet bowl cleaner, would take it off.

Laborday2011059.jpg

When we took the cover off Saturday, that same substance was all over every seat! BAD!

There was no way I was taking the cart looking like that. I figured I'd have to spend 3 hours making slip covers, while prepping to leave in 36 hours. UGH!

Trevor's quick thinking told me about a vinyl & upholstery spray paint. The seats were ruined anyhow, it couldn't hurt, right?

Quote from Trevor: "They use it on Unique Whips! If it's good enough for a $100,000.00 Mercedes, it's good enough for the golf cart"

:rotfl6: Gotta love Trevor logic.

We now have grey and black seats, and actually like them better. Wanna see?

The tape process begins.

FortSept2012005.jpg

FortSept2012001.jpg

Told ya there were horrible!

The spray painter

FortSept2012004.jpg

And the finished project! I was amazed.

FortSept2012006.jpg

FortSept2012007.jpg

They aren't stiff, splotchy, sticky...nothing!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'll let you know how they hold up over time. At $14 for 2 cans, it was a cheap, quick fix.

We have since found out that water is getting into the top. The washers that were holding the top on to the cart have rusted and when the water would escape through the tiny holes it would drip right down onto the seat. They were rust stains.

I have to start some dinner, but I will be back soon. I promise we are hitting the road next!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn it Toddly, I do not smell like cigs only cigars. And I don't have a fire. Plus I'm not one dimensional, hell just look at those pic, I am definately 3D. I enjoy beer, punch, jello (whcih is go

I just want to add, that Bush has plenty of X chromosomes. I bet in perspective it now looks like the fake palm on Castaway Cay compared to its neighbors. And glad there were no standouts by the PoP

Sad to say but your site was filled with new people in less than a couple hours :'(. Wish you could have stayed longer! Great TR...waiting for the rest of the story! Amber's little Princess is stiff c

Most of you know that this trip was moved from Halloween so that Trevor could see his boytoy good friend, Bruce.

Genia also changed from Halloween as Tony has a job out of town during that time.

Karla (AKA Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo) had been traveling all summer with 4 year old Prince Aiden and needed some down time. She teased me periodically over the summer with photos like this:

AidenJuly2012.jpg

When she found out that we would all be there the last week of September, her and Paul dropped Aiden at home and headed south.

We knew we'd visit with everyone, but we all had different agendas, so no plans were made.

"who's the leader of the truck, that's made by GMC?" .............

M-A-S-O-N

FortSept2012014.jpg

We left home at 9:30 am and soon we were close.

FortSept2012015.jpg

FortSept2012016.jpg

FortSept2012018.jpg

FortSept2012019.jpg

We were being Welcomed Home by 11:00.

The 500 loop was still closed. I was given the choice of 400, 600, 700 or 800 instead. I had never stayed in the 400. The 600 is too sunny and too close to the pond = mosquitoes, 700 loop doesn't have a comfort station (and let's face it, it's more of a half circle, than a loop) These are the random thoughts that ran through my head.

I just wanted to settle in, so I told her the 400 loop would be fine. 400 loop is directly across from the 100 loop, AKA Party Central, AKA Fiesty's site.

We were assigned site 431. Right across the loop from Karla.

FortSept2012023.jpg

I texted her: "Howdy neighbor, I'm in site 431"

I texted Genia: "431, Beer me"

Karla & Paul were on Crockett's porch so they ran over, Genia and Tony walked over from the 300 loop. Lil Lisa & Bruce hadn't arrived yet. Typical of any gathering, the boys started setting up (Well, they really didn't do much ::) ) while the girls gabbed in the street. We did finally get to work, while Mason found a stick. Go big or go home!

FortSept2012021.jpg

1.jpg

We really did like our site, it had quite a bit of shade and was right at the mouth of the loop. The only downfall was a small swamp we had behind us, which you will later see, was not just limited to our site.

FortSept2012022.jpg

FortSept2012025.jpg

Small swamp

FortSept2012026.jpg

Once we set up, we took Mason out for a walk, and found devores's site. He had come by earlier on his bike, and in true Stef fashion, I yelled at him and tried to avoid helping Trevor chatted for a bit.

It was about 80 degrees and beautiful.

FortSept2012024.jpg

While we got all situated, Lisa & Bruce arrived. I knew the anticipation was killing Trevor, so before I could even get the word, RIDE, out of my mouth, Mason was loaded up.

FortSept2012027.jpg

We rode over to the 800 loop and Trevor and Bruce reunited. *Cue romantic music

FortSept2012028.jpg

Notice the manly stances. Don't let that fool you, the love in the air was palpable.

What I didn't know was, at this time Bruce mentioned getting together for dinner on Saturday for steak. Trevor said he wished we had planned this because we had some Florida lobster at home, we could have brought. I mentioned Nate could bring it down on Friday. That was the end of the conversation, for now.

We didn't stay long. We let them get back to their setting up. Our beer needed ice, so we picked up Genia and went to the settlement. I stayed in the cart and admired the flowers.

FortSept2012029.jpg

Even flowers get photo bombed.

FortSept2012033.jpg

The trail that DOES NOT ALLOW BIKES. Another SFR (Stupid Fort Rule)

FortSept2012030.jpg

After dropping Genia back at her site, I had important business to attend to.

Punch Testing.

FortSept2012036.jpg

One delicious glass of punch under the awning later. Mason decides to entertain me.

Mason has his very own bed....that he refuses to use, unless:

A. The carpet gets wet from rain

B. It's freezing cold

Neither of these things were happening, so the bed was stashed in the truck.

Did I mention Mason weighs 95 lbs? He does. I think this beach chair has a weight limit.

FortSept2012035.jpg

These little gems were in the fridge for later, or for use as a bribe on Genia.

FortSept2012037.jpg

Genia had promised to make me some fried green tomatoes, and I was about to collect!

FortSept2012038.jpg

They were delicious! Tony also grilled some pork chops. All yummy and spicy. Tony likes spicy!

FortSept2012040-1.jpg

Lisa & Bruce were stuck at their site because their cart lights weren't working, so we moved the party over to their site. They had ordered a GAG, so we all gnawed on some chicken.

The boys were misbehaving

FortSept2012043.jpg

FortSept2012042.jpg

Telling tall tales

FortSept2012041.jpg

And even watering the bushes

FortSept2012039.jpg

We broke up the party around midnight and took a very chilly ride back to our site.

Coming soon:

Tuesday morning brings an unexpected, unwelcome visitor, and I do something that affects the rest of my vacation.

I'm in. And I remember my first time at the Fort like it was just 3 months ago....wait it was. Can't wait to here. Amber's daughter is a cutie.

Oh wow! I forgot you just had your first trip. You will truly identify with the way she felt when she arrived.

Aw Stef she is adorable. Will she be joining you at the Fort? We took my sons girlfriend and her son when he was 2 1/2 years old. It was one of our best trips to see things through the eyes of a little one again.

The baby won't be joining us this trip, but we're hoping to bring her soon. In all honesty, I'm trying my very hardest not to get too attached, so soon into the kids' relationship. You never know what could happen. We're all in a learning process right now, adjusting.

Those golf cart seats came out great! I never heard of spray painting vinyl seats. Trevor is the man!

TCD

Every once in a while, he has a good idea. (though I will deny saying that if you ever tell him ^-^ )

That little baby is absolutely adorable!! What a cutie pie!!

Wow!! The seats look great!!

Glad to have you reading!

The baby is adorable, and one of the most content babies I have ever been around in my life.

I'm in! :popcorn:

Is that bacon-flavored popcorn?

Happy to have you :hugs2:

I'm here too! I do remember my first trip to the Fort, it was 25 years ago! Seems like yesterday.

Amber's baby is adorable. :)

Love the way the seats turned out! We should have seats on ours this weekend!

Hey DB, thanks for joining.

I was too young to really remember much about my first time, and I know I've gotten a bit jaded with all of the changes. It was so refreshing to see a newbie trying to take it all in.

I haven't seen your cart progress yet, I'm trying to catch up with fiends, my work, Trevor's work, my trip report and the dreaded, vacation laundry. I'm gonna check that thread next!

Love the seats. The baby has a smile worth a million.................

Thanks Marilyn. Missed seeing you guys. I hope Gary's "Soul testing" helped him find himself. :rofl2:

When Gary posted about having to cancel because of a soil test, Genia texted me: Gary & Marilyn had to cancel.

I asked: WHY?

She responded: Soul testing.

*I love auto correct

Ready to hear more, especially about the thief! Love the baby and the seats.

I'm working on it Rita! Keep your pants purple knee socks on! ^-^

I'm in. Amber's daughter is so beautiful. Looking forward to hearing about the thief too.

Thanks Gwen. Thievery will be coming later, I promise!

I am really excited about this TR!! If those jello shots are any indication, it's gonna be very entertaining. You guys have my kind of fun.

That baby is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E. I hope she makes another appearance in this TR. I love babies!!

Boys are so lucky. The world is their toilet.

The seats look great and the baby is adorable. Looking forward to more.

I agree wholeheartedly on both points!

I don't know if this happens to anyone else when they use their iPads to read on here but sometimes the pictures get mixed up. So I am reading your captions and they are not lining up with the pictures at all. It's actually kind of funny but once I read through the post I am able to figure what pictures went where. For example, you wrote something about watering the bushes and I am looking at a picture of an empty plate...I'm like what???

Sad to say but your site was filled with new people in less than a couple hours :'(. Wish you could have stayed longer! Great TR...waiting for the rest of the story!

Amber's little Princess is stiff competition for Prince Aiden!!

Just to tease you some more...here he is with his first lobster dinner in Bar Harbor, Maine.

DSCN9611-1.jpg

I just want to add, that Bush has plenty of X chromosomes.

I bet in perspective it now looks like the fake palm on Castaway Cay compared to its neighbors.

And glad there were no standouts by the PoPo that night.

HI KARLA!!!!!!!