BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

So, so far behind. I cannot keep up with you. You go to WDW almost as often as I go to Publix! Geesh!

Some thoughts, in no particular order:

I am quite well-versed in many things IBM, as I grew up very near Endicott, NY and am a graduate of the Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering at Binghamton University, which was known as SUNY Binghamton when I was a student there. Go ahead and google that, I promise you won't need any brain bleach.

The girls at the HS I attended in NY felt the same way about Monty Python as your classmates in NJ. But we chicks also felt that way about dudes who walked invisible dogs on those dorky fake leashes you claim to have coveted. Just pointing that out.

Mr. FP4 and I used to watch a lot of "Steve-O" on a certain show that I believe aired on MTV, name of which I cannot mention here. On one episode, he or one of his Jackass dumb cast mates did a bit where one of them "tests out" a toilet on display in a hardware store. Like actually gives it a spin, newspaper and all. 20 bucks and bragging rights to the first fiend who does the same on the square one at Epcot!

Odd young man in the test track queue: what's with the doll? And what are you doing with that other hand?

For that matter, what is with Peter Pan's unusual fan base? I sure do recognize that hat……bought the same one for my son when he was 2. He was Peter Pan for Halloween that year. Best costume I ever made! It was cute on a 2 year old boy. Full grown woman in January, not so much.

Thanks, Dave.

I have heard that there was such a place, but I had no idea this was it.

I don't think I would have guessed that folks can stow guns there.

TCD

I remember the first time I took Glenn to Disney. It was in 94 or 95. We drove down. When we got there our room wasn't ready but they told us to go to the park. We did. He had a holster fanny pack thing and we went to Magic Kingdom packing, Lol.

After we got our room we used the safe. No way were we leaving his duty weapon in the car. Things have changed.

How am I going to unsee that?? Eww. Thanks Dave.

But I am going to use the Suck Monkey Butt as the reason why the boys have to go on the ride. That is such a kid cool term, they will have to see it to believe it.

Thank you for the Mickey Head Pretzel photo. Not sure how I missed that on four different trips, but I did. It's on my list now.

If I remember correctly we got one in HS the stand behind hat, and between American Idol and Great movie ride. By the bathrooms.

OK, I lived in Jersey for 32 years and I loved geeks who could quote Monty Python. In fact, I married one!

He looked over my shoulder and saw me watching Jason's video and said, "Dead Parrot?" :))

I have not yet exposed my children to Monty Python. There is too much nudge, nudge, wink, wink for their young minds. But they can quote Star Wars and Lord of the Rings and various Star Trek incarnations.

Oh, and all my boys spend most Saturday afternoons at a comic book store playing games with miniatures. Love Live Geeks! :D

Now that you mention it, there was a girl at my high school who had a Star Trek shirt (and a unibrow). She was very much in demand.

I guess there is someone for everyone.

I'm glad you and your DH found each other.

But Monty Python was not cool where I come from.

yay for the Goofy Bench. All is well.

Indeed.

I wonder how long it will stay this time?

My eldest was 3 almost 4 and on the classical music station a song came on and before 4 notes were out, he yells STAR WARS!!

Yes, we are Geek and we are Proud. :D

Thank you for remembering the pretzel for me.

I think Star Wars is cool now.

So your son is OK.

If he starts talking in a British accent, then I would start to worry.

KFD will very likely cry over the Mainstreet Bakery being turned into a Starbucks. I haven't broken the news yet. A daughter never wants to put her Disneydad through anything that traumatic. No. I am not exaggerating in the least. Seriously.

A giant square smart toilet. I'd never keep the fellas out of the potty.

One for you.. 5381549.gif

And one for me.. 5381549.gif

Thanks, KFK.

Maybe don't tell KFD.

Maybe the destruction of the bakery won't be as bad as feared.

I didn't want to get sucked into the Main St. Bakery vs Starbucks crap, but as much as TCD is pushing the Starbucks baloney, it will reopen as the Main Street Bakery and will keep it's theming, but in addition to the usual stuff, it will also sell Starbucks items.

Aren't you paying attention Kim?

Time will tell.

Why does it need to be closed 8 months to just add some Starbucks Coffee machines?

I say the changes will be substantial.

Oh yes, thank you for the pretzel picture. I will be making pretzels for our Superbowl party and I would love to figure out how to make a Mickey one.

If you do make a Mickey one, please post a photo.

I think it can be done.

:smartass: :heart: I am paying attention as best as I can with wild younguns around. KFD does not like changes to his favorite things. The Mainstreet Bakery is one of those favorites. He has a dislike of Starbucks that equals his love of MSB. :raspberry2:

And this is why I'm a big KFD fan.

This and the plaid pants.

The guy is awesome.

Not as awesome as KFM, though.

Nobody can top the burger wrapper collector!

What the heck is MSB?

Tell daddy that I'll buy him a damn cinnamon roll at Gastons to make up for it.

Lou, until you eat one of those Gaston's cinnamon rolls, you are not qualified to push them.

Main. Street. Bakery. :facepalm:

I am afraid daddy will have to grieve this one out. He's a big boy. He'll get over it. Eventually.

Yes, we all will.

But that doesn't mean we have to like it.

I just saw a commercial today that Starbucks is coming out with "Starbucks Blonde" Apparently lots of folks think their coffee is too strong

They have had that Blonde coffee in Starbucks for a while now.

I have no idea what it's supposed to be.

I like my coffee hot and black.

Like my women.

(That's a joke I say from time to time-no offense)

TCD

I have felt so sorry for TCD, I've researched homemade cinnamon rolls. The kind that takes overnight to rise, with yeasty bread dough goodness.

Wow! That is nice of you.

Let me know if you come up with a good recipe.

Egads, man! You may as well just buy him an Entenmann's. From the end of the aisle.

Really.

If Lou had tried a cinnamon roll from both places, he would know there is a huge difference.

So, so far behind. I cannot keep up with you. You go to WDW almost as often as I go to Publix! Geesh!

Some thoughts, in no particular order:

I am quite well-versed in many things IBM, as I grew up very near Endicott, NY and am a graduate of the Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering at Binghamton University, which was known as SUNY Binghamton when I was a student there. Go ahead and google that, I promise you won't need any brain bleach.

The girls at the HS I attended in NY felt the same way about Monty Python as your classmates in NJ. But we chicks also felt that way about dudes who walked invisible dogs on those dorky fake leashes you claim to have coveted. Just pointing that out.

Mr. FP4 and I used to watch a lot of "Steve-O" on a certain show that I believe aired on MTV, name of which I cannot mention here. On one episode, he or one of his Jackass dumb cast mates did a bit where one of them "tests out" a toilet on display in a hardware store. Like actually gives it a spin, newspaper and all. 20 bucks and bragging rights to the first fiend who does the same on the square one at Epcot!

Odd young man in the test track queue: what's with the doll? And what are you doing with that other hand?

For that matter, what is with Peter Pan's unusual fan base? I sure do recognize that hat……bought the same one for my son when he was 2. He was Peter Pan for Halloween that year. Best costume I ever made! It was cute on a 2 year old boy. Full grown woman in January, not so much.

Wow, that is a lot of thoughts.

You are not in a position to crack on me for frequent visits to WDW. You were back there sooner after New Year's than I was.

I guess IBM is still a viable company, but not nearly as dominant in the personal computer field as they once were. They need to step their game up. From what I saw in Innoventions, they have lost their way.

The invisible dog leash I searched for was for my daughter. She just had to have one. I finally found one in Hollywood Studios, and it wasn't easy.

When the CM told us the toilet seat was heated, I told my DD's I was going to sit on it and feel for myself. They had to hold me back. Now that there's $20 and bragging rights to be had, watch out! I just need to remember the newspaper.

I don't know what was up with that kid with the doll. I think he was not from this land. I should have yelled FUEGO to see if he reacted.

I don't know what to tell you about the Peter Pan groupies. Other that I find it very strange. This isn't that common, thankfully.

I remember the first time I took Glenn to Disney. It was in 94 or 95. We drove down. When we got there our room wasn't ready but they told us to go to the park. We did. He had a holster fanny pack thing and we went to Magic Kingdom packing, Lol.

After we got our room we used the safe. No way were we leaving his duty weapon in the car. Things have changed.

Things haven't changed that much.

I'll bet there are still a lot of guns carried in the theme parks.

If I remember correctly we got one in HS the stand behind hat, and between American Idol and Great movie ride. By the bathrooms.

Was it a Mickey shaped pretzel you got there?

Not just a regular one?

I know the stand you're talking about, but didn't know they had the Mickey ones there.

TCD

I have nothing against Snuggies...when they're worn at home.

I still would trade them for a flying car.

Thanks for pointing out those lockers. (and devores explaining) I've never noticed them before.

Nathen always has a pocket knife on him. Once, he forgot to take it out before we headed into DHS. He stuck it under a bush in the planters and grabbed it on the way out.

That works too! ;D

Agreed.

For Innoventions, they should go back to lying to us like they used to do in the old days.

Tell us we are going to have flying cars and robots and live in space.

They were lying then, but I still liked to hear about it.

I'd much rather have that than look at a $6300 square toilet.

Thanks for pointing out those lockers. (and devores explaining) I've never noticed them before.

Nathen always has a pocket knife on him. Once, he forgot to take it out before we headed into DHS. He stuck it under a bush in the planters and grabbed it on the way out.

That works too! ;D

So would have leaving it in his pocket.

TCD

That works too! ;D

I believe the last time we went (2010) I went the entire trip with a swiss army knife in my pocket, completely forgetting to take it out. No problemo.

I probably wouldn't try that again today though.

Yeah, but back then they didn't even do a bag check. We giggled a lot at being at the Happiest place on earth.... with my Glock

I'd love to know if any of you can explain the new Fastpass+. I do not understand it at all!!! And I know TCD has an opinion on the subject. Great Trip Report as always!!!

I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. It hasn't been implemented except for a few trial guests.

Carol is right.

Nobody knows anything for sure.

There is plenty of speculation on it, but nobody really knows how it's going to work once it is actually operational.

The main thing for now seems to be that the number of Fastpasses per guest will be limited to a certain number per park, and you will be able to sign up for these in advance of your trip.

At this point, it's not worth discussing, because they haven't even announced when it's supposed to start.

My best guess is that they intend to start using the system some time this year. They have spent a lot of time and money in recent months putting all the technology in place.

TCD

One thing I can tell you about the new fastpass system is that as information about them becomes available, it will be reported here on fortfiends.net.

This website has tons of information about Disney and Fort Wilderness and more is being added daily! :D

We are overdue for the next update.

We left off on Thursday night, January 17th, just as the Main Street Electric Parade was about to begin.

I mentioned that we noticed someone we recognized across the street from where we were sitting.

If you read my Thankgiving Trip Report, you may recognize her.

She is in the center of this photo, standing there in her Peter Pan hat:

11712083.jpg

We came up with a code name for her.

We call her Wendy.

And, to distinguish between her and the real Wendy, we call her Big Wendy, or BW for short.

In case you missed the Thanksgiving Trip Report, here's a quote of the part where she got a mention:

I had told the girls the bad news about the Fastpasses, and they had come up with a Plan B.

They said let's go see Peter Pan.

Why, I asked?

They reminded me of a really odd scene that we had stumbled upon on one of our last visits. It seems that Peter Pan has an unadvertised meet and greet after the 3:00 parade. We found this out by accident when we walked by and saw this scene (this it the photo I had to hunt down) :

491.jpg

Do you see that girl with the Peter Pan doll?

She was really strange.

She also had a Peter Pan ribbon in her hair.

The girls wanted to see if she was there again.

So we went.

Peter was there.

But that weird girl wasn't.

The girls said lets get on line and get a photo with Peter.

I said if that's what you want to do.

So they did.

When the went to get in the line, a girl at the back said they could go ahead of her- she wanted to be last.

This is her:

Thanksgiving2012351.jpg

Thanksgiving2012352.jpg

I'm not sure you can take that all in. She has a Peter Pan ribbon in her hair. And a pin lanyard with just Peter Pan pins on it. And a sketch book. I wonder what's in that sketch book?

Oh, and there was one more thing.

She had a Peter Pan doll too:

Thanksgiving2012353.jpg

The line was taking forever, but there was no way any of us wanted to miss this.

Then came the part I was waiting for.

The girl with the doll and sketch book got her turn.

A few of her friends had joined up with her, and all of them got to talk to Peter.

Here she is showing Peter a sketch from her book:

IMG_8472.jpg

IMG_8471.jpg

Let's take a closer look at that sketch:

sketch.jpg

What The Fort is that?

She told Peter that she had sketched him, his buddy Terrence, and her, as dragons.

Dragons?

I looked around for the hidden cameras.

I was getting punked, right?

This wasn't real.

It couldn't be.

Only it was.

These girls stayed there and chatted with Peter.

It was really, really strange.

And, more than a little bit creepy.

Then Peter ran off.

And his groupies followed him.

Wow.

So how do you like that?

Here she was right there across from us.

We all wondered what she was going to do when the Peter Pan float came by.

As you saw from the earlier photos, it wasn't too crowded where we were sitting.

But, right before parade time, folks started to crowd in.

Still not too bad.

But, then right before the parade was about to begin, a young lady came and squeezed into a really small space between Twin #2 and the guest next to her. The space was not big enough for a person, but this girl was not from this land. She was toting a little bag that told us she was with a Brazilian Tour Group. And, to make matters worse, there was an adult lady who came with the deal, and she stood right behind the girl.

Here's Twin #2 with her new friend:

11712087.jpg

As you can see, the new friend scootched up from the curb, so that she was really sitting on the pavement. She did a great job blocking Twin #2's view.

What could we do?

We just laughed.

I did yell FUEGO!, and the girl looked, to see where the Fuego was.

Good times.

So, the parade began:

11712090.jpg

If you've seen the parade, you may recall that there's a float which features Cinderella's step-sisters. They goof around and ham it up. Well, when this float went by, one of the step-sisters kicked up her leg, and knocked one of the lights off of the float. I didn't see it, but Twin #1 did, and she pointed out the light to me on the ground. Do you see it? :

11712094.jpg

How about now?

941.jpg

The Peter Pan float finally arrived, and it looked like BW was going to faint:

11712097.jpg

971.jpg

We really thought she was going to run out there and jump on the float. But, much to our disappointment, she didn't.

And, as far as we could tell, she didn't have her sketch book with her, so there are no new dragon sketches to show you.

Mr. Smee came by:

11712098.jpg

And this big head:

11712099.jpg

Twin #1 asked me what the deal was with this float. I said I think it is supposed to represent Pleasure Island from Pinnochio, but I'm not 100% sure on that. She said maybe it's from some other movie. Which makes me second-guess myself. Does anyone know?

Here comes Pete and Elliot:

11712102.jpg

A while back I confessed that I had never seen the movie Pete's Dragon.

Several of you said that it was good and that I should.

So I did.

I made the girls watch it with me.

But I was the only one to watch the whole thing.

First of all, nobody told me that it was a musical.

That surprised us.

And, I didn't realize it had so many big named stars: Helen Reddy, Mickey Rooney, Red Buttons, Shelley Winters. Even Thurston Howell, III. Wow, what a cast. And in a casting surprise, Mickey Rooney is a big drunk. There's a big musical number in a bar. And lots of violence. And singing.

There were a lot of plot lines.

And the movie was long.

Over two hours.

That was an hour longer than I would have liked.

I'm glad that I watched it.

But I wouldn't say it was very good.

It could use some good editing.

And, it was made in 1977.

That's the same year Star Wars came out, right?

They should be ashamed of the animation and special effects in that film. It looked like all the same techniques from Mary Poppins.

Oh well, now I know who that kid is on Elliot's back, and I can understand some of the stuff he says like asking the guests if they can direct them to the nearest apple tree.

I love the end of the parade and the America float:

11712106.jpg

Remember that light that fell off the float?

Score! :

11712107.jpg

I'm going to sell it on Ebay. Only I'm going to say that it fell off of the Elliot float, and I'm going to forge Mickey Rooney's signature on it.

After the parade, the plan was to head up Main Street and find a place to watch the Remember the Magic show on the castle.

It had gotten pretty cold, so we walked through the gift shop.

Where I found the Disney Snuggies:

11712109.jpg

I know you want to know how much they charge for one, so I took a photo of the price tag too:

11712110.jpg

Sorry it came out blurry. I think they're $35 and change.

Hey, it's Disney.

And, if you were cold, that would sound like a good deal.

We headed out around the area of the bakery, and stood in the street. We had a good spot- not too crowded, and not tall people in front of us.

But sure enough, just as the show began, guess who showed up?

ipad guy:

11712114.jpg

ipad guy is showing up everywhere lately.

I guess he thinks everyone behind him loves how his glowing screen detracts from the show and blocks the view.

What can you do?

i made sure to yell Fuego a few times so he will have to listen to me whenever he watches his crappy video.

I took a few photos of the show, but you only need to see one to get the idea of how it looks from here:

11712116.jpg

You can see everything fine, but I think this show is better if you stand a lot closer to the castle.

For us, though, we planned on leaving right after the show.

And we did.

We hit the bus stop just as Wishes began.

And we were on the bus and out of there as it was still going on.

That was good.

We beat the crowds.

We headed to Port Orleans Riverside.

We had a great meal in the food court.

The twins had the build your own pasta, and I had the hand carved turkey.

Good stuff!

Piano Bob was doing his thing in the bar, but there was not a seat to be had.

We stayed for a while to watch, but then it was time to go and pick up my oldest daughter over at Universal.

So we headed out.

On the way out, we noticed that POR has its own Corn Hole game:

11712119.jpg

Copy cats.

We headed to Universal, picked up big sister, and by 11 pm, we were headed back home.

You might think that this is the end of this report.

But, if so, you forgot that big sister has to come back to Orlando at the end of the weekend to catch her ride back to Tally.

So, there is going to be a p.p.s to this report.

But it will be short.

Then it will finally be done.

TCD