DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

I'm late but loooooove the slide picture. Glad CM refunded the 2 meals. It looks like you guys made the best out of a bad situation.

Thanks! Yeah, the evening could have been better...but it could have been FAR worse too. We were at WDW, afterall.

Great fireworks pix.

HEB's tortillas are awesome. I pick some up almost everytime I go down to Texas. And usually only half make it back to oklahoma.

No more tortilla discussion until Nicki's care package arrives in TN. I'm standing by my mailbox waiting.

Great fireworks pix.

HEB's tortillas are awesome. I pick some up almost everytime I go down to Texas. And usually only half make it back to oklahoma.

Half.... something is wrong with you. If I had to go that far with them there might be 1 or 2 left.

Thanks! Yeah, the evening could have been better...but it could have been FAR worse too. We were at WDW, afterall.

No more tortilla discussion until Nicki's care package arrives in TN. I'm standing by my mailbox waiting.

Ok. Don't freeze. Make sure to build you a fire for warmth too.

Does it seem like this trip report is never going to end?

Well, it is. I promise. We are actually in the home stretch now! Just 3 more days to cover. With any luck, I can get it wrapped up by this weekend. I think some of you bailed after my Melvin post. It's as if you didn't believe that TCD and I had found those kazoos behind the cowboy butt tile at Pioneer Hall. Ye who have little faith. Where do you think those cool kazoos came from? You think TCD bought them on eBay? Puh-lease!

In any case, we are inching closer to the end of this report, and there are still some good pics coming up. So let's move along!

We have arrived in 2013. Finally. January 1 was a day that we slept in again. It was a late night, afterall, and not everyone was feeling well. So we hung out at the Fort for a bit, before heading over to Epcot.

After getting through bag check, we made a MAJOR discovery.

We found Waldo!

DSCN1784.JPG

It seems that poor Waldo had had a late night also...he was apparently tired.

DSCN1782.JPG

How many of you just yawned?

Waldo is very strong in the ways of the Force. His yawns are catchy!

After we got through the turnstiles, we split up for a while. The 4 older girls went off to do some things, leaving INC, Anna and me free to hit some of the major thrill rides of Epcot.

We started with the Damn Judi Dench History Extravaganza.

DSCN1785.JPG

We decided to answer the questions contrary to our true selves...I pretended to be someone who is interested in living green. :rofl3:

I guess I am gardening here.

DSCN1787.JPG

Do all greenies wear argyle?

And why didn't they offer the option in the future of driving gas guzzling vehicles and buying lots of crap at Walmart? I would prefer it if Damn Judi Dench were honest regarding our lives in the future. I don't care how futuristic and green the future is...you ain't gonna catch me dead in argyle.

DSCN1789.JPG

Well that was fun. We needed some refreshment.

So we hit Club Cool or whatever that Coca Cola place is called.

DSCN1791.JPG

I needed me some Beverly!

Awesome stuff.

What? You expected me to say that Beverly SMB?

I wouldn't do that. It's not like I'm judgemental or anything.

SILLY HAT TIME!

DSCN1792.JPG

DSCN1793.JPG

Beverly was fine and all, but I was feeling the need at this point for some REAL refreshment. And that can mean only one thing.

We needed to visit Canada.

I normally get a Moosehead here...but they had just opened for the day and the Moosehead was coming out very frothy. So my new Canadian friend poured me a Labatt instead.

DSCN1795.JPG

DSCN1796.JPG

I've always enjoyed a Blue. They go really well with Sponge Candy.

GRATUITOUS BEER SHOT!

DSCN1797.JPG

The beer did what beer always does...it made me hungry.

By the time we finished the beer, we were in France. So we popped into the bakery for a snack. We were ahead of the opening of the new bakery location by just days...but they had some great selections at the old location.

We tried a ham and cheese quiche and some sort of pizza-ish thing. Both were excellent!

DSCN1798.JPG

We got a nice table outside of the bakery to enjoy our snack. While we were sitting there, the girls came out of one of the French shops and walked right past us, but didn't see us. We were not quite ready to get back together, and we didn't want to share our snack, so we did what any sensible parents would do.

We ducked.

And snapped their picture as they strolled away.

DSCN1799.JPG

See ya later, suckers!

Buy your own damn snack.

So there.

After our snack, we headed toward America. Believe it or not, we had never seen the show in the American Pavilion. So today was our lucky day. We squeezed into 3 of the last remaining seats in the theater.

DSCN1800.JPG

Ok, that's not true. The theater was nearly empty. And this is a HUGE and quite beautiful theater.

I am a big fan of US History. I love most historical attractions at WDW, including the Hall of Presidents. But the show at Epcot is tired, IMO. I won't go so far as to say it SMB, although I think INC would. I enjoyed it "ok". But don't feel the need to see it again.

I think that theater deserves better. It could host a really extraordinary show, and has the capacity to bring in large crowds. It's underutilized, in my opinion.

Anyways, after the show we were getting close to the time we planned on meeting back up with the girls. But there was one more thing I wanted to do first. And it entailed heading to Germany.

Any guesses?

If you guessed the Caramel shop, you're right.

I needed to try the Sea Salt Caramel.

DSCN1802.JPG

Oh my! This thing was unbelievable! I fell in love.

Except I had caramel stuck in my teeth. It's like my dentist told me, "Caramel's a bitch".

But it was worth it.

We also had the Shortbread covered in caramel.

This was awesome too! Although not nearly as good as the Sea Salt Caramel. But still very tasty.

DSCN1803.JPG

We texted the girls and agreed to meet up front by the Golfball. We got there before them, so we sat by the fountain and people watched.

DSCN1804.JPG

The golfball looks kinda cool up close.

DSCN1805.JPG

Hey, let's play "Create Your Own Caption"!

What should I call this picture??

DSCN1806.JPG

The winning caption gets a free Anna hug next time you see us.

And that's our trip to Epcot.

I'm not sure what else we did on January 1st. I didn't think we did anything else. And yet this next picture was on my camera dated 1/1/2013. And this looks like the Peoplemover, does it not?

DSCN1810.JPG

Which sort of tells me we went to the Magic Kingdom that evening.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that this was the night we went over just to get dessert. We saw TCD and the twins on the boat over. I think they were going to the Poly for dinner. We got sundaes from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, except for Stella who prefers Cotton Candy.

We rode the Peoplemover, watched CoP, and headed back to the Fort.

NOW we are done with January 1.

Coming up....Our Best Meal Of The Trip!!

Waldo! Hahahahaha!! I was wondering where he had gotten off to. And I love how Anna photo bombed him! Yes, I yawned.

Sorry, but I don't like skinny jeans on dudes. Even skinny dudes. It's just odd. I'm old-fashioned and a little bit redneck. Good 'ole Levis are what I prefer to see on a guy.

That is hilarious that you hid from your own children! Except, I don't see Izzy? And she is tough to miss with those mile-long legs of hers!

It is too late for me to come up with anything clever for your caption contest. So, I will simply blurt out the first thing that came to my mind when I saw iPad dude: "dumba**". Ever since my view of my son at his school play was impeded by a rude iPad owner, I have nothing but contempt for them.

Waldo...no comment.

Love the silly hat pix.

Beer good, French food, good, sea salt caramel outstanding!

Love the pix of Anna under the golfball.

iPad guy...iDiot! iDork! iPinhead! iJerk! iTwit! is there a limit?

I just don't get it. I own an iPad and love it but I'm not going to carry it around an amusement park to take pictures...that's what they have iPhones or a P & S cameras for, and they fit in your pocket.

You made it all the way to France with a beer bought in Canada? They used to sell Molson's Golden Ale in Canada, which is one of my all time faves. At least you were smart enough to stop in Canada and avoid the cart in England. Had always heard about Guiness stout and had never tried it, that is one strong beer. Do they still sell the yard long glasses in England? You should have to show proof of a designated driver/bus access to buy one. Finally caught up and current on one your brilliant TRs, so thought I would come out of lurking, you are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family

Who knew Waldo liked to hang out at Epcot! :) It sounds like y'all had a quiet, enjoyable day!

He lost his dorky hat, but he gained stupid shoes. And I hadn't noticed before...but his stupid shoes coordinate with his backpack.

Oy.

Waldo! Hahahahaha!! I was wondering where he had gotten off to. And I love how Anna photo bombed him! Yes, I yawned.

Sorry, but I don't like skinny jeans on dudes. Even skinny dudes. It's just odd. I'm old-fashioned and a little bit redneck. Good 'ole Levis are what I prefer to see on a guy.

That is hilarious that you hid from your own children! Except, I don't see Izzy? And she is tough to miss with those mile-long legs of hers!

It is too late for me to come up with anything clever for your caption contest. So, I will simply blurt out the first thing that came to my mind when I saw iPad dude: "dumba**". Ever since my view of my son at his school play was impeded by a rude iPad owner, I have nothing but contempt for them.

I'm with you on the skinny jeans on men. I personally don't get it...and have a crazy conspiratorial theory (no surprise, right?) on that that it's all part of the plan to feminize men and lower testosterone levels so that they don't put up a fight from oppression. Ok, maybe I don't really believe that. But it does sound plausible, no?

Your caption is as good as any. And if I had video of the guy, you'd really think that. Or maybe just call him "tool". Or iTool.

Waldo...no comment.

Love the silly hat pix.

Beer good, French food, good, sea salt caramel outstanding!

Love the pix of Anna under the golfball.

iPad guy...iDiot! iDork! iPinhead! iJerk! iTwit! is there a limit?

I just don't get it. I own an iPad and love it but I'm not going to carry it around an amusement park to take pictures...that's what they have iPhones or a P & S cameras for, and they fit in your pocket.

I don't understand it either. Maybe someone here in Fiendom uses their iPad as a camera and can explain. I won't blast you for it...promise. I just don't get it.

Someone please send Dave an argyle sweater!

Great pics. Looking forward to your best meal.

Go ahead and send it. One of my girls will wear it. Saves me some money on clothing.

Will hopefully post that today.

You made it all the way to France with a beer bought in Canada? They used to sell Molson's Golden Ale in Canada, which is one of my all time faves. At least you were smart enough to stop in Canada and avoid the cart in England. Had always heard about Guiness stout and had never tried it, that is one strong beer. Do they still sell the yard long glasses in England? You should have to show proof of a designated driver/bus access to buy one. Finally caught up and current on one your brilliant TRs, so thought I would come out of lurking, you are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family

Thanks for posting No1TF!

Yes, first beer of the morning...this was around 11 I think. Had to nurse it a bit as it was clashing with the orange juice.

I don't usually drink Guiness straight, but I LOVE me black and tan. No stop in England on this day though...we usually will get some fish and chips and beer there and head back into the gardens to enjoy it. Just wasn't feeling fish that day. And I'm not sure about the yard long glasses...I don't recall seeing anyone recently carrying one around. Kinda hard to miss those I guess.

In fact, I was not wondering when this report would end. :-[

Good job finding Waldo. Even better is Anna peeking out at the bottom. At least we know she's not camera shy.

Beer & salted caramel = GOOD

I have one more entry.

Are you familiar with the app Snapchat?

The TCD girls and I have a lot of fun with it.

You can send photos like this:

DSCN1806_zps95db55c7.jpg

TCD

OMgoodness I literally laughed out loud.

I'll bet you had fun drawing that.

In fact, I was not wondering when this report would end. :-[

Good job finding Waldo. Even better is Anna peeking out at the bottom. At least we know she's not camera shy.

Beer & salted caramel = GOOD

Yes, that does = GOOD

And I'm glad we finally have proof that Anna is not camera shy. I was always wondering about that.

DSCN1806.JPG

ismb

TCD

I am laughing at the entries so far! I particularly like ismb....or would that be iSmb? Good one.

I'm familiar with snapchat but have never used it. That's the one where you can send pics but they disappear within several seconds of being viewed? I can see having fun with that. And I like the Fuego pic.

So Dave needs tortillas from HEB and Argyle from the GAP

No. No, I don't. Well, yes to the tortillas. But no to the argyle. I don't think I own anything from the Gap.

One more thing- interesting that you saw Waldo- I saw him at an FSU game in October:

waldo1_zpsc49963cf.jpg

That guy gets around.

TCD

Maybe he's touring Florida this year. But one thing...playing "Where's Waldo" is a lot more fun if you don't draw a circle around him. You have read the books, right?

I thought of one:

"Cool. With this etch a sketch I can draw a picture of myself with a full head of hair!"

That's a good one too!