Stef's Red White & Boo At The Fort

I knew you had taken pictures that night and was a little worried about what might turn up…..but you were kind! Thank you!

Judy doesn't look impressed.

My cart wasn't dead, just painfully slow compared to your hot rods! I was waiting for the rangers to pull us over! I loved it though. A little rebellion is good for you every once in a while!

Jordan looks like he is ready for some kind of redneck polar plunge! It was chilly that night! Cousin Eddie in his shortie robe comes to mind too……OK he's a combination of both!

No offense taken here on the boob shot. But just so you know, you're a little early for Mardi Gras. Doesn't start til the middle of Feb. From what I understand, people give you beads for showing them!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First person I thought of when I seen this..

Stef, Tony wants me to make sure you know, how much we appreciate you allowing us into the reunion. Tony was excited he was able to support and celebrate with Jordan, especially after a year over in

Wednesday, January 8th - I slept in til about 5:30 and ventured outside with my laptop to catch up on some e-mails. At 6:00 I received a text from TJ: Are you awake? I responded: Of course! He asked:

You know how Genia says Nate is really her son?

Well I have come to the conclusion my Jessica must be yours. I mean take away her blond hair, blue eyes and fair skin and she is all you. She would be all over that Boo doll and would not let us forget she wanted it even after we left the store without it. She is not an only, but she is the youngest so, I guess that's about the same thing.

Happy belated Birthday to Stef's Daddy -O!!!

I knew you had taken pictures that night and was a little worried about what might turn up…..but you were kind! Thank you!

Judy doesn't look impressed.

My cart wasn't dead, just painfully slow compared to your hot rods! I was waiting for the rangers to pull us over! I loved it though. A little rebellion is good for you every once in a while!

Jordan looks like he is ready for some kind of redneck polar plunge! It was chilly that night! Cousin Eddie in his shortie robe comes to mind too……OK he's a combination of both!

No offense taken here on the boob shot. But just so you know, you're a little early for Mardi Gras. Doesn't start til the middle of Feb. From what I understand, people give you beads for showing them!

You're welcome for the kind photos. No one looks great after a few drinks & looping!

Judy was impressed with the food, my taking her picture while eating...not so much.

I can honestly say I've never encountered the Fort po-pos, other than a couple years ago..on my bicycle! He told me I couldn't ride in the road, I had to be on the sidewalk.

Yes, he was putting pedestrians lives in danger!

"cousin Eddie" :rotfl6:

No bead seeking here....I'll save that for the 20 year olds, if ya know what I mean!

Happy Birthday to Stef's Daddy-O! :Bar:

Thanks TJ.

Very appropriate smiley for Dad. He surely needed happy hour after I sang to him over the phone!

I am SO ordering that! Thanks!

Happy Birthday to your Upstate New York Dad!!

I'd say I'm from there too maybe we know each other, but everything north of the City is Upstate so it is a pretty big area.

Dad is right outside of Rochester. Acreage, farmland...very different from what people think of when you say NY.

It's beautiful there from April til October.

Where are you originally from?

Happy Birthday Stef's dad!

Love the stick figure sticker.

No I have not seen Magic Mike.

I have heard DJ Magic mike back in the early 90s.....but I pretty much stick to Country music now.

Country music?! Yee haw! :heart:

Off leash and relaxin' by the canal.......Mason is a cool character

Mason loves the Fort! I often wonder if he brags to the other dogs about being at Disney so much.

Love the stickers. Best one I have seen since. Drive it like you stole it.

Agreed! Will fit perfectly on Nate's Bronco. The other boggers will surely get a kick out of it!

You know how Genia says Nate is really her son?

Well I have come to the conclusion my Jessica must be yours. I mean take away her blond hair, blue eyes and fair skin and she is all you. She would be all over that Boo doll and would not let us forget she wanted it even after we left the store without it. She is not an only, but she is the youngest so, I guess that's about the same thing.

Happy belated Birthday to Stef's Daddy -O!!!

Thanks Yvonne! I will add Jessica to the adopted list. :hugs2:

It's still Friday and now we are waiting for Donnie's second arrival.

Since Mason was tired, we put him inside to soak up some A/C and went down to the Settlement area.

We parked up by the horse barn with plans to make a big loop around.

Someone rode a surrey bike from the Lodge. Never rode one, but four wheels would be much safer for me than two.

FortJan2013Jordan250.jpg

Pieces of the RR are still there, slowly rotting away.

FortJan2013Jordan265.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan266.jpg

The beautiful TCD ranch that will be destroyed at some point because of the new DVC.

FortJan2013Jordan251.jpg

We strolled down towards Crocketts.

FortJan2013Jordan252.jpg

And played a game of checkers on the porch.

FortJan2013Jordan253.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan254.jpg

Walked down to the beach.

FortJan2013Jordan255.jpg

And up around the Settlement trading post.

FortJan2013Jordan256.jpg

Instead of walking down everyone's favorite trail, we cut through the golf cart parking area and back towards the TCD ranch.

This tree is in the golf cart parking.

FortJan2013Jordan258.jpg

They looked like tangerines, or tangelos.

FortJan2013Jordan257.jpg

But they were lip curling, mouth watering, SOUR!

The guest services building has pretty flowers planted, even if I don't approve of the new benches.

FortJan2013Jordan259.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan260.jpg

We took the path around the TCD ranch.

FortJan2013Jordan261.jpg

There were no cowboys, but there were cowgirls.

FortJan2013Jordan262.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan263.jpg

There were also pretty pink azaleas.

FortJan2013Jordan264.jpg

Not long after getting back to our site, Donnie showed up.

FortJan2013Jordan271.jpg

And Genia and Tony

FortJan2013Jordan270.jpg

After the kids returned, a few mean games of cornhole ensued.

FortJan2013Jordan274.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan273.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan272.jpg

I shredded up the chicken and started a pot of spaghetti for dinner.

FortJan2013Jordan269.jpg

Jason returned and him & Genia did their best to avoid the friendly competition between Nate & Jordan vs. Donnie and I. (Donnie & I lost)

FortJan2013Jordan277.jpg

Donnie either threw a bag at Nate, he was dancing or maybe he was imitating the Karate Kid....not sure.

FortJan2013Jordan279.jpg

I had to lighten this photo a lot, but I needed proof that Donnie was playing on Jimmie Johnson cornhole boards!

FortJan2013Jordan280-1.jpg

Colton found a safe place to sit...away from the action.

FortJan2013Jordan278.jpg

The rest of the night was consumed with eating, drinking, chatting and laughing.

FortJan2013Jordan281.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan282.jpg

Who agrees that it's time for Donnie to buy new reading glasses?

FortJan2013Jordan283.jpg

Colton, Kelsey and Karissa stayed the night in Nate's camper. They had to leave early in the morning to get to work on time.

Coming up....Saturday morning. Trevor babysits and I'm in the (tiny) minority.

Love the photos that take me right into the heart of camping at the Fort. Thank you.

Parents are from NE PA and I went to high school there but they moved to the Hudson River Valley area and that is where I was born and raised. Just a few miles North of West Point.

Finally caught up. Great TR!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DADDY-O!

Corn hole has a different meaning outside of Florida. LOL

Wish I could have been there to have some Jell-O shots and punch and to help Donnie fix his glasses.

Looking forward to more updates. Keep them coming.

Belated Happy BD to your Dad!

I just noticed in the picture of Nate and his friends, Colton is standing in front of your MM light and it makes it look like the ears are his! Funny! They are a nice bunch of kids and I enjoyed having breakfast with them. I picked on the boys and asked them if there was a sale on those camo hats they all had on.

I've never thought of shredding chicken to put in sauce. Looks like it's a lot easier than cutting it into chunks and making ziti with it like I do! I also noted the secret weapon for your punch sitting there next to the crock pot. Might be a fire hazard!

I am wishing I were at the Fort shooting jellos hits, throwing corn bags at targets, and chillin

Me too! It seems so long ago already.

Love the photos that take me right into the heart of camping at the Fort. Thank you.

You're very welcome! I'm glad you enjoy them.

I dont like the new benches either. bee-7.gif Boo!

I also dont like that the RR is rotting and the TCD ranch wont be there. bee-7.gif Boo!

Look. Boo-Bees!

:hah: Good one Aaron!

We've come full circle...from Boo the doll, to BOO to changes at Fort, to boobies, or boo-bees...

Finally caught up. Great TR!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DADDY-O!

Corn hole has a different meaning outside of Florida. LOL

Wish I could have been there to have some Jell-O shots and punch and to help Donnie fix his glasses.

Looking forward to more updates. Keep them coming.

Updates on the way!

Spent our last weekend with Jordan, he leaves today :'( so I wasn't on computer this weekend.

TCD is not a big fan of the name cornhole either.

Hey now I was doing very important work. I was keeping track of the score for you guys so Nate wouldn't cheat.

That's right! I forgot that you kept score for us. It's no wonder Donnie & I lost. Nate probably bribed you...right?

Belated Happy BD to your Dad!

I just noticed in the picture of Nate and his friends, Colton is standing in front of your MM light and it makes it look like the ears are his! Funny! They are a nice bunch of kids and I enjoyed having breakfast with them. I picked on the boys and asked them if there was a sale on those camo hats they all had on.

I've never thought of shredding chicken to put in sauce. Looks like it's a lot easier than cutting it into chunks and making ziti with it like I do! I also noted the secret weapon for your punch sitting there next to the crock pot. Might be a fire hazard!

Thanks FP4. I'm extremely lucky to have good kids around. Any one of them would help me out in a heartbeat.

As for the camo hats....everything is camo. Imagine my Christmas gifts from the kids. I got more camo stuff this year than I've ever owned in my life.

Yes, chicken in a crock is way easier. A few hours on low and it shreds right up.

Coming in late, but...

Thank you Jordan! Welcome home.

Awesome TR!

I laughed all the way through it.

Oh, and just for Magic TCD, FUEGO!

Thanks for your support Shardi. It makes what he's been through easier to deal with when he has people acknowledge him with a simple thank you.

"Magic TCD" :rofl2:

You may be on to something here...rumor has it he sometimes dons a Mark Spitz speedo.

Donnie told me he needed new glasses almost 2 months ago. And it looks like he needs them even more now.

I'm sure you're not surprised. ^_^

Saturday January 12th

I woke up fairly early considering we had a long night. Today was the day this entire trip was based on. Jordan had no idea that I had planned a proper Welcome Home party for him while we were camping.

I had told him that I would be cooking for Genia's birthday so there were some things in the fridge that they couldn't eat. (there was no way I could hide all that food)

I also told him there was an ice cream cake in the freezer but it was a secret, so not to mention it to Genia.

He bought it hook, line & sinker and never mentioned it again. >:D

Donnie & Chloe showed up for early morning coffee. Chloe found one of Mason's bones and gave it all she had, though the bone was as big as her head.

FortJan2013Jordan286.jpg

The kids finally got up and around.

FortJan2013Jordan288.jpg

We made plans to head over to Epcot for a while before I had to start cooking.

Judy, who babysits for Chloe, wasn't awake yet, so Trevor offered to babysit.

FortJan2013Jordan289.jpg

When we got to the Outpost, there were 3 DHS buses, but no Epcot.

FortJan2013Jordan291.jpg

I asked a worker to take a group picture. Guess which one is me? :hah:

FortJan2013Jordan292.jpg

We didn't wait too long, an Epcot bus arrived and we were on our way.

FortJan2013Jordan293.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan294.jpg

Nate, Jordan and I had eaten bagels before we left. Donnie & Jason hadn't eaten. They took off in search of food and me & the boys rode Test Track.

FortJan2013Jordan297.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan298.jpg

We had perfect timing and caught up with D & J as they were finishing lunch. We took Jordan to Club Cool for some Coke samples. Of course, we tricked him into the Beverly. Here's a video Jason took of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8uwcReRg_i8

Next stop, Soarin!

Believe it or not, I have never ridden Soarin. I don't always do well with simulators and I'm terrified of heights. I couldn't be a sissy and sit it out, so I agreed to ride.

FortJan2013Jordan300.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan301.jpg

Right before getting into our seats, I started sweating! Donnie said not to worry, he'd take care of me. I sat between him & Nate, grabbed both their arms, took a deep breath and said a short prayer that I wouldn't ralph.

I DID IT!

It took me a second to get used to the height part, but it was great and I'd do it again. If not for my guys, I may have never attempted it.

From Soarin, we headed to the World Showcase.

We came across a stalled monorail.

FortJan2013Jordan303.jpg

Someone was thirsty, so we stopped in England and waited.

FortJan2013Jordan304.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan305.jpg

Guinness for Donnie.

FortJan2013Jordan306.jpg

Continued around to France where Jason got a Grey Goose slushie.

FortJan2013Jordan307.jpg

I was staying on the wagon as I had a lot of work to do later. I did have a snack in mind though.

The crowds were minimal.

FortJan2013Jordan308.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan309.jpg

Finally we made it to America where I handed off my camera to Nate. He took a self-portrat, minus a duck face, thank God.

FortJan2013Jordan311.jpg

Also caught me in the act of snacking.

FortJan2013Jordan310.jpg

A jalapeno cheese pretzel and water for me.

FortJan2013Jordan312.jpg

I promised Genia I would pick her up two pieces of caramel from Germany, so that's where we ended up next.

Donnie & Nate shared a brownie, Jordan got a hunk of chocolate covered pineapple.

FortJan2013Jordan313.jpg

Jason wanted a canta-loopy drink from China, so I snapped a couple pics while we waited for him.

FortJan2013Jordan315.jpg

FortJan2013Jordan314.jpg

I had never tried that drink but Jason was kind enough to bring an extra straw so I could taste it. YUMMY!!

Jordan & Nate stopped for a frozen margarita in Mexico.

FortJan2013Jordan316.jpg

Everyone had been fed, watered and alcohol-ed so our mission was complete. We made our way to the exit.

FortJan2013Jordan317.jpg

Waiting on a bus.

FortJan2013Jordan318.jpg

Riding on a bus.

FortJan2013Jordan322.jpg

Donnie making goofy faces at Nate.

FortJan2013Jordan321.jpg

Nate & I had a plan. We would relax at camp for a bit then he would entice Jordan into taking the boat to MK for a few hours. I had asked Genia to come over at 4:00 to help us get ready.

Around 3:30, I gave Nate "the look" and he and Jordan took off for the marina. I told them we would be eating around 6:30.

Coming up...a mad dash to pull off this surprise!