Solo trip, 5k and the Fort in January

I'm in... That is a beautiful Pop Up... Makes me miss those days... Our camping group just was out to dinner and we were reminiscing about the early days when we all had pop ups. We came to the conclusion that those days were the best. Maybe they were more fun, or we were younger, drunker, or now suffering from revisionist history, but we seemed to have more fun back then. Oh and I love the castle photos. That is excellent quality out of a phone.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So before I start getting any angry PM's that I haven't started my trip report yet I figure I better get going. This trip was very different for me for a few reasons. The biggest one being because I w

Continuing on..It's 5k day. I had my alarm set to wake me up at 4:30. I was supposed to meet up with Ed to ride over with him but we had separately realized the day before that they actually were run

Usually I am not....as it turns out drop me in DIsney World with no car, No wife to watch out for and a pay day and things change...as well will see over the next few days of the trip.

I'm in... That is a beautiful Pop Up... Makes me miss those days... Our camping group just was out to dinner and we were reminiscing about the early days when we all had pop ups. We came to the conclusion that those days were the best. Maybe they were more fun, or we were younger, drunker, or now suffering from revisionist history, but we seemed to have more fun back then. Oh and I love the castle photos. That is excellent quality out of a phone.

Silvia and I have been considering a pup since it is just the two of us. It will be nice to try one out first for a week this summer before committing to it.

Page two!! Woohoo!

Glad to have you aboard.

I'm in. Page two rocks. Page two is were all the cool kids are. Page one is so last year.

Totally last year. Page two bragging rights are the best

I'm so jealous. I sometimes get up early and get to the parks while DW n DD sleep in and get ready. I could only imagine a whole trip by myself. I think I might miss sharing the memories with them. But keep it coming and ill just live vicariously thru you.

I'll be honest I did miss my wife but not having to spend 30 minutes while "we" decided what we wanted to do was awesome.

man this one is getting pages fast... Im in

Glad to have you Nicki.

I have to work an overnight tonight so no more posts today on this one but I should have some for you all tomorrow.

Im in,Wow. This TR is going so fast. Hopefully page 2. I love your pictures so far. Can't wait to see what's coming up.

Glad to have you along and that you are enjoying the pics. More coming up shortly.

I'm here I'm here!! Juggling two puking toddlers but I'm in.. Now pass the Lysol!!

Glad to have you. I hope the little ones feel better soon.

Who said cats aren't cool? They're just cool in different ways.

My cat (like most) is sure shes the queen of the entire world and wants to make sure you and everyone else knows it. She is one of the best cat's I have ever had though.

I'm in

My cats do the same thing :)

Welcome! Glad to hear I am not alone in this cat battle.

:parrot:

Love the MST3K reference.

mst3k_sunroof.jpg

Bonus points to Mo for a great MST3K pic!

Love the PUP pics. We are staying in one of their PUPs in two weeks.

Cool you got to hang with fiends so much.

In all honesty I think I spent more time at the Fort and with Fiends than in any park this trip, and I loved it. My wife keeps trying to figure out what I did the whole time and I wasn't going crazy in the parks everyday. She'll learn.

I'm here! I barely made page 2, but better late than never.

Now, about the lack of pood forn so far.... :popo:

Sorry about that Dave. My first meal I was so hungry I really did devour it. Day 2 is coming up though and there is some pood forn pics in there.

So it is now the morning of day 2. I got up early as I usually do on vacation and I had a mission in mind. Breakfast at Trail's End, Magic Kingdom and lunch at BOG and exploring NF.

As i headed towards the settlement I decided to swing by Stef's site and see if they were awake and a live yet.

I slowed down to look and just as I thought no one was up heard a shout at the same time I saw a body waving at me. So I stopped and headed in to meet Stef and Trevor and Mason as well as TJ who saw me driving by and yelled to get my attention. I would love to post a pic here but I forgot to take any,

I sat down to chat with them for a couple of minutes and the next thing I knew it was 4 hours later and I was being handed a Jello shot. Since it was vacation noon was deemed an acceptable time to start drinking. :rofl3:

While I was hanging out Genia and Tony showed up as well so we were having a great time. When Genia and Tony went to setup I finally said I was going to head out. I wanted to salvage some of my plans for the day.

I headed down to catch the boat for the Magic Kingdom. The Christmas decorations were still up on the 9th. I was kind of surprised by that. Once I got into the park I headed immediately for guest relations. I had a very special purchase to make. I am now the proud owner of my very first Annual Pass. Since we are planning to go back in July and hopefully next christmas it made sense. I also bought a Tables in Wonderland card since we tend to do a lot of table service meals.

With these new cards in hand I headed for NF to get lunch at BOG. I got into line at 1:14

Here are some pictures while we wait to get in.

DSC02561_zpsa25ea0dd.jpg

Looking towards Eric's Castle.

DSC02562_zps8605193f.jpg

Light fixture for those that like them.

DSC02564_zps816ae660.jpg

Above the entrance door to BOG

DSC02565_zps7e294b5f.jpg

Looking at Maurice's Cottage

DSC02566_zps584af15e.jpg

I'm next!

DSC02568_zpsc5381e01.jpg

Just inside

DSC02570_zps5b266f30.jpg

DSC02571_zps0d46dd83.jpg

Some fun details.

DSC02573_zps657808e9.jpg

DSC02574_zpsd6f62ac3.jpg

Entering the hall of talking armor

DSC02575_zpsa73ceae1.jpg

DSC02577_zpse290cf0b.jpg

It was noisy in there but you could hear the armor somewhat so they must have turned it up.

I ordered my meal and headed out to find a seat. One thin I notice when ordering for those that use the dining plan. The cups of soup they offer can apparently be purchased as a snack credit. Just and FYI.

I chose to sit in the Ballroom but I have pics from all three as I wandered once I was done eating.

DSC02578_zps61a8afb8.jpg

DSC02579_zpsbbedcd90.jpg

You can kind of see the snow in this pic

DSC02582_zpsc344840e.jpg

But in case you cant I took video as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yixjNbKUxJM

And then my food arrived.

DSC02583_zps9118feeb.jpg

I had the Carved Turkey Sandwich - served on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise and Pomme Frites with a Triple Chocolate Cupcake - chocolate sponge cake, chocolate mousse filling, and choclate ganache (description courtesy of allears.net).

It was delicious. The bread was a kind of french bread, crusty on the outside but soft on the inside and nice and warm. The fries were pretty standard Disney fries but seemed fairly fresh, and the Triple Chocolate Cupcake was awesoem as well. Want to see a picture of it. OK

DSC02584_zps95388a2b.jpg

The servers bring the meals out to you on these covered carts which remind me symbolically anyway of the Be Our Guest scene from the movie where all the food comes rolling out on carts.

It was a great meal and I will definitely be eating again. Oh and I sat down to at the table 30 minutes after getting in line and had my food in about 5 minutes.

Once I was done eating I headed over to see the west wing.

DSC02586_zps963fa82a.jpg

DSC02587_zpsdd789e8e.jpg

DSC02589_zps59a24eb2.jpg

It was an impressively themed room.

From there I headed over to the Rose Room.

The first thing I noticed were these three tile mosaic roses at the threshold.

DSC02590_zpse3cb32db.jpg

I am not sure if you can tell in this picture but a bunch of the tile pieces are missing already. Its only been open full time for a month. I bet someone is regretting that detail.

There are pictures of all the characters on the walls and the room is brightly lit and looks nice. The also have a GIANT music box figurine spinning in the middle of this room.

DSC02591_zps9c96e406.jpg

On the way out I snapped this pic just before exiting.

DSC02592_zps94ffbb70.jpg

All in all I think they did a great job. I only have one complaint and it is minor. I know the theming of the Ballroom and more so the West Wing require dimmed lighting but it is kind of dark in there. I generally like to see what I am eating. The Rose Room seems to be well lit though so if you have an issue with dark rooms or your kids do you may want to consider eating in there.

After that I headed back to the Fort so I could chat with my wife when she got out of school and relax a bit.

to be continued.

And you said you weren't a drinker..... :rofl2:

Usually I am not....as it turns out drop me in DIsney World with no car, No wife to watch out for and a pay day and things change...as well will see over the next few days of the trip.

Nice update!! I noticed in you video, somebody was taking a flash picture in the ballroom. It couldn't have been very good. I know what you mean about the lighting. Not so much for the food, but during dinner for the MENU!!! Thank goodness I have a light App on my phone! No way I could have read it without it!

Nice update!! I noticed in you video, somebody was taking a flash picture in the ballroom. It couldn't have been very good. I know what you mean about the lighting. Not so much for the food, but during dinner for the MENU!!! Thank goodness I have a light App on my phone! No way I could have read it without it!

I can see that Carol. Sil and I have dinner reservations in July. I am interested to get her take on it.

Why yes, Jason, noon is the appropriate time for a cocktail when you are on vacation!

Maybe I shouldn't post the Epcot pics I took of you? Oh never mind, it was after noon. :jumpforjoy

Great update! Glad you escaped my site for a good meal and some solo time.

(Of course, now that I've adopted you, you may not get so lucky next time)

I concur with Munch the Punch.

Modified to reflect the presense of EPCOT's World showcase entails any guest to use the timezone of their choice to advance world peace. Also known as "It's 12:00 somewhere" rule. Or "Beer Me".

That is all.

Page 3? Page 3? Seriously what else could I have been doing that prevented me from not reading and responding until page 3?

Ok no one has said it yet on here so, I will Carol :yourock:

Every time I read something on here it seems like she is volunteering to take something for someone, pick up something for someone, sharing her equipment, her site (and she doesn't even have a list of rules you must follow) and sharing her awesome knowledge as well as great trip reports.

Ok back to your report Jason....glad you were able to take this trip and meet up with some Fiends. Now I will be back, but must admit I may go pack to page one periodically. I mean after all that is where Jack Sparrow is hanging out.