AC's Fort/Bay Lake Tower February 2013 Trip Report

Great AoA photos, Aaron.

Regarding the AoA pool, I have never seen that gate closed and locked.

We just spent a quick weekend at the POP (TR to follow), and it was comical to see the parade of people walking across the bridge to and from AoA in their swim suits carrying towels.

True, it was February.

But, other than the sign by the open gate, I don't think any effort is made to tell the POP people to stay out.

TCD

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to whip my iPad out in Gettysburg and block stuff just so everyone feels like they are in Disney :) I may bring Adam's stroller and ram it into people too!

Aaron, remind me when we meet in person someday to whack you over the head with an iPad.

I was going to ask the same question! LOL. Looking forward to Date Night Pood Forn. As much as I agree with you on the Boneyard...Anna says we are both wrong and that the place rocks.

Great AoA photos, Aaron.

Regarding the AoA pool, I have never seen that gate closed and locked.

We just spent a quick weekend at the POP (TR to follow), and it was comical to see the parade of people walking across the bridge to and from AoA in their swim suits carrying towels.

True, it was February.

But, other than the sign by the open gate, I don't think any effort is made to tell the POP people to stay out.

TCD

Good to know. It would seem they just choose not to enforce the rules when pool capacity is not an issue. I am okay with that. :)

It does look like a great place for photo opps.

It was cool to see all the cars and other elements of radiator springs. I really liked that the Cozy Cone Motel was in front of the pool and the Cones were used for cabanas.

Now Mater just say AHHHHH.

Aaron great TR!! Wish I had gotten on board before page 12, but better late than never.

She was looking at his dad-gums.....I think.

love cars pics

Glad I could be of service then!

When I visited AoA in early December the Big Blue Pool gate was locked, but the Cars Pool, and Little Mermaid Pool were not locked.

It seemed dumb they had all the signage and the RFID there, but the gate was wide open. Works for me though.

AoA is definitely on our list of things to see now. Great report!

Thanks and you should definitely check it out.

Loving your report!

Thanks Gwen.

We stayed at AoA and there was always one gate opened at big blue. People never shut them behind themselves.

The seagulls actually say mine mine! We were checking out and walking to the car and heard them.

We heard them too as we were walking up. We were wondering if they were motion activated so we were all moving around to see if we could get them to say it. I think they just thought we were stupid. They didn't say anything.

Here I am.

In case anyone was wondering.

One of the best paths in the Fort.

I was wondering and you are right about the path of awesomeness.

For sure we have to visit the AOA resort.

You should. Bobby's minions did a good job with it.

AoA looks cool. We will have to by and see it.

Love the Heisman pose.

He loves it too......so much that DW started getting a bit frustrated when trying to get him to take a pic.

That is most complete set of AoA photos I have seen. How cool!

Actually TCD and Carol (maybe others) have a ton of AoA pics in prior TRs as well. If you liked these, you should find those reports and read them also. They are both good.

2-6-13

After breakfast at the camper, we headed to the outpost to catch a bus.

On the way, we made an important decision. We went to the area where you take care of such things and decided to stay hitched:

Feb2013DisneyTrip348_zps8df7fac8.jpg

After making a decision that would haunt DW for the rest of her life, she and the kids tagged along for a trip to DHS:

Feb2013DisneyTrip349_zps82b64538.jpg

Of course we headed straight for Toy Story Mania:

Feb2013DisneyTrip350_zpsd47a80a4.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip358_zpsaf5f2ff6.jpg

We grabbed fastpasses:

Feb2013DisneyTrip351_zps97c7ae89.jpg

and then rode standby:

Feb2013DisneyTrip352_zpsc561c676.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip353_zpsbe515893.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip354_zps7931761e.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip355_zps56447877.jpg

We are not very accomplished players:

Feb2013DisneyTrip356_zps6e8d041b.jpg

I notices these up high in the area after we exited:

Feb2013DisneyTrip357_zps3372bbe2.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip360_zps18508657.jpg

I am looking forward to both of those.

We went to Star Tours next but alas none of us were the rebel spy:

Feb2013DisneyTrip359_zpsfe7eb25f.jpg

We went into One Man's Dream next per DS's request and spent a good bit of time in there. He enjoyed reading everything and looking at all the exhibits:

Feb2013DisneyTrip362_zpsc32dd384.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip361_zps3ef803eb.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip365_zpsb9a8eacd.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip366_zps8b0e52e5.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip367_zps440cf93d.jpg

Afterward we went back to TSM to use our fastpasses:

Feb2013DisneyTrip368_zps21cdd35b.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip369_zpsc6ad0d4e.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip370_zps8e7a3067.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip371_zps6a01dc66.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip372_zpsed98cd18.jpg

We saw this gentleman on our way to our next stop:

Feb2013DisneyTrip373_zpsc58d715d.jpg

We were headed to a very important place after TSM and hoping we would not see one of these signs at our arrival:

Feb2013DisneyTrip374_zps3a64086f.jpg

They really weren't out of order and we soon met Wreck-it-Ralph and The Glitch:

Feb2013DisneyTrip375_zpsfed588a0.jpg

DD played with the touch screen coloring for a few minutes afterward:

Feb2013DisneyTrip376_zpsa78cf9bd.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip377_zps28e26eb2.jpg

Be our guest and continue reading along in the next installment.

2-6-13

After breakfast at the camper, we headed to the outpost to catch a bus.

On the way, we made an important decision. We went to the area where you take care of such things and decided to stay hitched:

Feb2013DisneyTrip348_zps8df7fac8.jpg

After making a decision that would haunt DW for the rest of her life, she and the kids tagged along for a trip to DHS:

You all renewed your vows?

nice score.

Thanks.

You all renewed your vows?

No but she didn't take them back either. So I guess I made out well.

I'm glad you decided to stay hitched.

Looks like you did a good job in DHS with Fastpass management.

I love hearing that your DS read all the stuff in the One Man's Dream display. And respect to your DD for going on the other side of the rail in the display showing Walt explaining Epcot.

TCD

DS is a reading machine and he always wants to know more about things, never satisfied with the reader's digest version. DD is gonna be my hellion. I have known this since she could walk. I hope I am wrong. I bet she will get pics of the RC panther someday. She has no fear.

Funny thing about DS, when he is tired he will just pop-a-squat wherever he is at and doesn't care.

Also, if he is in a store and perusing the books, he will just sit right in the middle of the floor and start reading. He actually did this in the Christmas store at DD, during this trip.....but it wasn't busy and the CMs didn't seem to care so as I read in a famous TR, "Go with the Flow."

Here he is waiting on the girls, before heading to our next item on the list:

Feb2013DisneyTrip378_zpsdb292fcc.jpg

We ate lunch in our seats and then watched the Beauty and the Beast show.......which was good. DW and I had not seen this show in a long time:

Feb2013DisneyTrip379_zpsbf78f2d1.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip380_zps9c56c638.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip381_zpsc4033efa.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip382_zps5edfa44b.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip383_zps7a6ab516.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip384_zps9a790454.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip385_zpsdf1855ab.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip386_zpsc5f1c3b9.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip387_zps887d5931.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip388_zps20e835e4.jpg

DS and DD said, "It's time to play the music. It's time to light the lights.....

Feb2013DisneyTrip389_zpse0c8d515.jpg

In the gift shop after MuppetVision, I saw this piece of genius:

Feb2013DisneyTrip391_zpsb7ab1ba7.jpg

I hope they still sell that when I am older. I will own one. Maybe I should have just bought one and saved it?

Random DD hat pic:

Feb2013DisneyTrip392_zps2db07813.jpg

I saw these gents hanging out, posing for pics, and signing autographs:

Feb2013DisneyTrip390_zps9b0cd102.jpg

but I heard loudly, "Mommmmmmm! Phineas and Ferb are plotting to take over MuppetVision again......so we skedaddled.

We watched the new Captain Jack show prior to heading for the exits. Sorry the pics are not good....no flash photography and all:

IMG_2764_zpsacf4d586.jpg

IMG_2765_zps5f4ccc86.jpg

IMG_2766_zps6f863f5e.jpg

IMG_2767_zps21516469.jpg

We never saw the Narnia show at this spot, but the Pirates one was okay. Something we would do again to maybe kill time before our TSM fastpass time. Not great, but not horrible.

En route back to the Fort:

Feb2013DisneyTrip394_zps3b2a1b6f.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip397_zpsdd08bc62.jpg

Upon our return to the Fort, the girls were going to nap and the boys were going to do some exploring.

I think you both know keepers when you have them. I don't think she regretted that decision for one NY second. :heart:

I love the pop-a-squat. I didn't know people still said that. My kids look at me like I'm nuts when I say it.

I had to watch the show alone because I only have boys and they preferred that car show thing instead. I am so getting that shirt when we are there. Hubby hits 5 decades next year. I have to have an awesome present. :D

Looking forward to the exploring.

I think you both know keepers when you have them. I don't think she regretted that decision for one NY second. :heart:

I love the pop-a-squat. I didn't know people still said that. My kids look at me like I'm nuts when I say it.

I had to watch the show alone because I only have boys and they preferred that car show thing instead. I am so getting that shirt when we are there. Hubby hits 5 decades next year. I have to have an awesome present. :D

Looking forward to the exploring.

That would be an awesome present. I know I would think so if I got it; even as a gag gift!

Great pix I love the idea of having lunch while watching show. Still haven't seen captain jack show. Going to try to see it in may

We always bring our lunch to the parks. Saves time and money. A couple of times we got in line for things we wouldn't normally have because they were a bit long.....we ate lunch in line. Of course you can only do this in places where they don't frown on bringing the food in with you. I have caught many people looking at us like we had just committed a crime by eating food we brought to the parks with us. I think there is a large segment of Disney goers that don't realize you can bring food, pop, water, etc. We save money on the meals and usually buy a snack or two while walking around.

My kids love P&F! It was the best surprise for them coming out of MuppetVision

They are funny. I enjoy me some P&F too. I have a running dialogue with the kids where I am telling them that Perry is really a dog because no one keeps a platypus for a pet. They always give me a nice annoyed response about how he is a platypus and daddy doesn't know what he's talking about. It gets them going every time so of course I will never let it go. Walking through a gift shop......."Hey kids, look at all the Perry the Dog stuff....."