A Quick Dole Whip with Rum and Rapunzel Restrooms TCD TR (NBD)

Yep all NYEve day in the Mk we did that the last time and was in there from 9am till after 1am, they said if we left we might not get back in, anyway that's where my son wants to do it again, the last time we told everyone we spent NYEve in the MK with 60,000 of our closest friends and had a GREAT time!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The TCD gang squeezed in a day trip to WDW on 3/17/13. We have been super busy lately, and have to go when we can. Spring Break is coming up, and for the first time in a long time, there will be no F

You had me at Dole whip with rum..... :suspense:

Aw gee, I felt sure you would get that one. FPBR = First page Bragging Rights!

Yep all NYEve day in the Mk we did that the last time and was in there from 9am till after 1am, they said if we left we might not get back in, anyway that's where my son wants to do it again, the last time we told everyone we spent NYEve in the MK with 60,000 of our closest friends and had a GREAT time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.  That's a long day.  Hopefully, you will find a good place to take a rest.  I'll keep my eye out to see how crowded these places get.  I would imagine the Rapuzel area charging stations will be very busy on a holiday like NYE.  Everyone will need to charge their iPads to record the fireworks.

TCD

Wow.  That's a long day.  Hopefully, you will find a good place to take a rest.  I'll keep my eye out to see how crowded these places get.  I would imagine the Rapuzel area charging stations will be very busy on a holiday like NYE.  Everyone will need to charge their iPads to record the fireworks.

TCD

Ok thanks for the info I always enjoy your trip reports and also seem to learn something new( not always useful but new), We will be in the  Tree Houses for NYears and back to the Fort in July 2014, I just hope you still have spikes by then as I would really like to have one as a Disney fan and also a train fan as well Thanks again

Ok thanks for the info I always enjoy your trip reports and also seem to learn something new( not always useful but new), We will be in the  Tree Houses for NYears and back to the Fort in July 2014, I just hope you still have spikes by then as I would really like to have one as a Disney fan and also a train fan as well Thanks again

The Treehouses? Nice.

I'll save you a spike- no problem.

If I'm there for NYE, which I always try to be, I could even try to spike you at the Treehouses.

TCD

OK, I found the old post where WBI posted the plans he found for the Rapunzel restrooms.

These make a lot more sense now.

I didn't believe the large square areas shown on these plans would just be restrooms, but that is all they are. The big one is the ladies' room, the smaller one is the men's. It looks like there are a few small backstage rooms, but there is no place for an inside meet and greet. If there ever is going to be a meet and greet here, it would just be Rapunzel standing outside over by the tower:

TCD

I don't want to mess with your foreshadowing, but these might help you see what's going on back there and may help tell your story:

PostDevelopmentMKBathrooms.jpg

DrainagePlanMKBathrooms-2.jpg

Zoom_DrainagePlanMKBathrooms-2.jpg

I don't think I posted these before.

WBI

Edit: I wasn't fast enough!

TCD

The Treehouses? Nice.

I'll save you a spike- no problem.

If I'm there for NYE, which I always try to be, I could even try to spike you at the Treehouses.

TCD

WOW that would be even better plus it would be a TCD first!!!!!!!!!!!! We will be there from Dec27th - Jan 3rd. It would be greta to have you stop by and we could tour the place TCD style!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW that would be even better plus it would be a TCD first!!!!!!!!!!!! We will be there from Dec27th - Jan 3rd. It would be greta to have you stop by and we could tour the place TCD style!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've only seen the treehouses from the boat from POR to Downtown Disney, so I may have to stop by for a look around.

Finally caught up!

The food does not sound good to me either.

I like the spike your own dole whip idea.

I love all the topiary pics.

Good job on the Green Mullet Smuggle.

Green Mullet Smuggle.

Very good.

I want to give the Flower and Garden food another chance.  It would have been better if we weren't there for a day trip.  A few beers probably would have made everything sound more appetizing.

I say just get one of those dark colored reusable water bottles to take into the park with you but fill it with a little rum. Get yourself a Dole Whip and presto change-o....a rum dole whip!

If you want to bring your own liquour in to the parks, there are lots of ways.

But, I'm a rule follower.

So, I've never done it.

And don't plan to.

But your suggestion would work fine.

TCD

Time for an update.

We are going in to the men's room for a look around.

It was busy in there so I had to be careful.

Some guys get the wrong idea of another dude taking pictures in a men's room.

So, we will be quick.

These posters decorated the wall on the way in:

31713119_zps56ad2766.jpg

Lots of frying pans over the sink:

31713120_zps530d18ad.jpg

Some cute themed signs:

31713121_zpsbddd325a.jpg

31713122_zps534766af.jpg

That's it.

That's all I have from the men's room.

You'll have to use your imagination for what else is in there.

It's your basic men's room.

The twins said there are a lot of Rapunzel touches in the ladies' room.  Like some of her art supplies, and painting on the ceiling. That kind of thing.

They had a cute sign on the castmember door between the men's and ladies' rooms:

31713123_zpse3f10bfe.jpg

I had to wait a couple of minutes for the girls, so I sat on a low rock wall right outside of the restrooms.

This is the view looking toward the Haunted Mansion and Yankee Trader from there:

31713124_zps0c7647dc.jpg

And this is the view looking toward the area with the charging stations.  If you look carefully, you can see the lady taking a nap on the table:

31713125_zpsf95789c2.jpg

This is the ladies' room entrance:

31713126_zpsa85f2f2c.jpg

The girls came out, and we headed back out via the new walkway.

There was some detail here that we had missed on the way in.

Like Maximus' hoof prints on the ground:

31713127_zpsdd8b50f2.jpg

You know how they have peanuts in the ground over in Story Book Circus?  And seashells and such in the new Little Mermaid queue?  And corn cobs and such in the Enchanted Tales with Belle queue?  You know Walt Disney was a big believer in repeating the same trick over and over, right?  Well, over here they put some apple cores in the ground:

31713128_zpsfc85d22b.jpg

This is a side view of the stuff above the Men's room entrance:

31713129_zps4348b5ed.jpg

Some more details in the pavement:

31713130_zpse75660d6.jpg

31713131_zps3f849cea.jpg

A couple more shots of the tower, since it was our first time:

31713132_zps747c080b.jpg

31713133_zpsd2f06a2a.jpg

There's a new waterfall over in New Fantasyland.  I guess they thought they should put one here too.  They actually did a good job on it.  There's fake moss on there and everything.  Say what you want, but you can't deny that Disney is good at making fake rocks:

31713134_zpsc846f5c3.jpg

This is my last tower photo.  I promise:

31713135_zpsd4afd088.jpg

So, we saw the new Rapuzel tower.  Now what?

Dinner, that's what.

Yes, we came to the MK, saw some bathrooms and left.

That's how we roll.

The castle show was going on, and it wasn't busy:

31713136_zps1ba2a961.jpg

It was really too bad that we had to leave, because it wasn't that crowded this afternoon.  And, there were EMH's at the MK that night.  I'll bet it wasn't that crowded.  Certainly not the way it's going to be for the next couple of weeks with the Easter crowds.

The Roy bench isn't where it's supposed to be:

31713138_zps84b2324b.jpg

There must be some reason that it's over here, instead of in its usual place by the flag pole, but I don't know why.  Something must be up.

We headed on out of the MK after this.

And to the boat dock for the Fort.

Yes, we are heading there.

I'll pick it up from there in the next update.

Which will also be the last update for this short report.

TCD

I still say there will be a Flynn Rider Meet and Greet there very soon.

I have been wrong before though.

Nice job getting pics in the restroom without any unfortunate misunderstandings.

If there was a trough in there, you would not have been able to accomplish that.

GAG? 

So, nothing really happened when the calendar turned to 2000.  Does that mean those beets are still in the cabinet?

We sold that house and as luck would have it ..... the buyers liked beets.   

Thanks for the tour of the men's room.   Disney knows how to theme a potty!!!    Did the girls take any photos of the Ladies Room?  None of that was open during WWW, at least not that I know of.

If you want to bring your own liquour in to the parks, there are lots of ways.

But, I'm a rule follower.

So, I've never done it.

And don't plan to.

But your suggestion would work fine.

TCD

Oh don't get me wrong...I'm def a rule follower too...and I hardly drink, but if someone wants a Rummy Dole Whip, I was just thinking of a way.  :wave1:

Thanks TCD!

I'm a map and plan kind of girl.  :)

It helps me to see how it all goes together.  Mostly because it's been so long since we've been there, I need all the help I can get.

Oh, and from those signs around the creek--- they just said "friends of Pascal"  I think you're the one who called them "frogs".  You know, kids will call you out on mistakes like that all the time...

I still say there will be a Flynn Rider Meet and Greet there very soon.

I have been wrong before though.

Nice job getting pics in the restroom without any unfortunate misunderstandings.

If there was a trough in there, you would not have been able to accomplish that.

GAG? 

It only makes sense that they will have some Rapunzel characters out and about at some point.

The TCD twins say when that new Princess meet and greet opens there will be some changes.

No trough.  Just nice, new modern equipment.

yes, GAG.

We sold that house and as luck would have it ..... the buyers liked beets.   

Thanks for the tour of the men's room.   Disney knows how to theme a potty!!!    Did the girls take any photos of the Ladies Room?  None of that was open during WWW, at least not that I know of.

Too bad.

I was going to see if you would make some beet lollipops.

No ladies' room photos.  The twins said no way to that.

I saw some photos in a link Mo posted in the past few days.

Oh don't get me wrong...I'm def a rule follower too...and I hardly drink, but if someone wants a Rummy Dole Whip, I was just thinking of a way.  :wave1:

I'm betting they will be available somewhere in Epcot from now on.

Looks beautiful! Only Disney would put that much thought and effort into a bathroom. Personally, I absolutely love it. 

Yes, they are nice bathrooms.  No denying that.  Still, it seems like something is missing.

I am really surprised that there is nothing for sale in or near this new area. 

i would be honored to pee in there.

You know, when it is all said and done, it's not that much different from any other bathroom.

Thanks TCD!

I'm a map and plan kind of girl.  :)

It helps me to see how it all goes together.  Mostly because it's been so long since we've been there, I need all the help I can get.

Oh, and from those signs around the creek--- they just said "friends of Pascal"  I think you're the one who called them "frogs".  You know, kids will call you out on mistakes like that all the time...

The frog reference was a nod to the movie, not a mistake.

Take a look at the clip I posted, Flynn calls Pascal a frog.

Nobody makes fake rocks like Disney!

Amen.

The fake rocks in River Country have stood the test of time.

Most of them anyway.

TCD

Too bad.

I was going to see if you would make some beet lollipops.

Never. Ever. Ever.  Frozen beets on a stick.   Or would that be a beetcicle?  Either way... EWWWW!

I'll have to track Mo's posts for a potty photo then. Thanks.

Double post deleted. 

Sheez, it's bad today.

TCD

Awwww don't delete the double posts.  Just own them.  :))     Boooo ooooo oooooo ooo.....

2010 and 2011 we enjoyed F&G while camping at the Fort and my longing to be there gets really bad this time of year. I love all the colors. Unfortunately no trip for me this Spring so I have to experience it through trip reports. Although older son is going with his 8th grade in May. I can barely stand that he's going to see the new Fantasyland before me. I'll have to tell him to check out the men's room. Love the Monsters topiary in particular. Can't wait for the new movie.

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/8963-new-fantasyland-rapunzelrestroom-mine-coaster-photos/page-2#entry258837

Ladies room

IMG_1833-L.jpg

IMG_1834-L.jpg

IMG_1835-L.jpg

IMG_1837-L.jpg

IMG_1838-L.jpg

IMG_1839-L.jpg

IMG_1840-L.jpg

IMG_1841-L.jpg

IMG_1842-L.jpg

IMG_1843-L.jpg

IMG_1844-L.jpg