A Quick Dole Whip with Rum and Rapunzel Restrooms TCD TR (NBD)

I can't believe with all the advances in digital photography and the quality photos you can now get with point and shoot cameras, people are walking around taking pictures with an ipad. I love using my ipad, and I am impressed with the applications, but Apple made about the crappiest digital camera available when they put in that app. Not to mention how bulky it is. I think it is because the idiots doing this can't figure out how to get the pictures from their cameras onto the internet. Morans. WWLD?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The TCD gang squeezed in a day trip to WDW on 3/17/13. We have been super busy lately, and have to go when we can. Spring Break is coming up, and for the first time in a long time, there will be no F

You had me at Dole whip with rum..... :suspense:

Aw gee, I felt sure you would get that one. FPBR = First page Bragging Rights!

There are lots of other Monster bushes in this area:

With all the Brazillians around EPCOT Center, I am surprised there are any Monster bushes left.

Never. Ever. Ever.  Frozen beets on a stick.   Or would that be a beetcicle?  Either way... EWWWW!

I'll have to track Mo's posts for a potty photo then. Thanks.

Awwww don't delete the double posts.  Just own them.   :))     Boooo ooooo oooooo ooo.....

Beetcicle? No thanks.  But, I still want to try the lollipop.  And I will.  So help me.

2010 and 2011 we enjoyed F&G while camping at the Fort and my longing to be there gets really bad this time of year. I love all the colors. Unfortunately no trip for me this Spring so I have to experience it through trip reports. Although older son is going with his 8th grade in May. I can barely stand that he's going to see the new Fantasyland before me. I'll have to tell him to check out the men's room. Love the Monsters topiary in particular. Can't wait for the new movie.

Sorry you don't get to make it this year.  And sorry that your son gets to see new Fantasyland before you do, but good for him!  I'm sure that will be a trip he always remembers.

Dang. I didn't think of that. The paint fumes in this house are rotting my brain. I will have to remind her of that.

And considering how many times I have had to, make that enjoyed watching with my princess, I should have remembered it. I watched it atleast 20 when she was in the hospital and double that at home. Paint fumes I tell ya, paint fumes lol

Man, those are some strong paint fumes!  Open a window.

Good job, TJ.  I didn't notice the sign with the hair when I was there.  They did a good job with the theming in this area.  But, they are still just restrooms.

I can't believe with all the advances in digital photography and the quality photos you can now get with point and shoot cameras, people are walking around taking pictures with an ipad. I love using my ipad, and I am impressed with the applications, but Apple made about the crappiest digital camera available when they put in that app. Not to mention how bulky it is. I think it is because the idiots doing this can't figure out how to get the pictures from their cameras onto the internet. Morans. WWLD?

LOL!  That is exactly what the TCD twins say is going on.  We have noticed that the dopes carrying around iPads are not teens or young people.  They are almost always older, clueless, folks, who wouldn't be able to get images on to their iPads without physcially bringing them to the parks and using them as cameras.  One thing that is particulary annoying is that it seems to take extra time for these idiots to snap the dang photo.  There seems to be a requirement that they stare at the screen and move the iPad around for at least 30 seconds before taking each photo.  And, they usually are standing on one side of a sidewalk taking a photo of something on the other side, and expect everyone to wait while they take their crappy picture.  More than once I have had to resist the urge to slap the thing out of an idiot's hand.

There are lots of other Monster bushes in this area:

With all the Brazillians around EPCOT Center, I am surprised there are any Monster bushes left.

You are bad.

Funny, but bad.

TCD

OK, this was advertised as a quick trip report, so time to wrap it up.

We hopped the Fort Wilderness boat from the MK. They had both the WL and FW lines open at the dock, but they were using a combined red and green flag on the boats.  We saw the boat just leaving the dock when we arrived.  And it was full, so there will still a few folks left in each line as we arrived.  No problem, because we saw another boat on the way.  In the few minutes that we waited, a large party came and got in line on the WL side.  And more people joined that line.  Not many people were on the Fort side.

When the boat arrived, they made sure to treat the Fort guests like second class citizens.  They first opened the WL side, and let all of them board the boat, even though more than half of them walked up after the guests who were waiting in the Fort line.  Only after all the WL guests were on board and seated did they open the Fort gate.  You know, that's pretty crappy on their part.  If they are going to combine the boat routes, then they should just have one line and first come first served.

Oh well, nothing I haven't seen before.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people are.  Once we all boarded, the captain comes on and announces that the boat will make two stops:  first WL then the Fort.  I heard that clear as could be.  When we get to WL, the party in front of me starts asking each other is this the campground?  I tell one of them no, it's not.  That person tells the big cheese in the party that it's not the campground.  But, he says yes it is and they all need to get up.  So they do.  They get to the exit and the big cheese asks the CM if this is the campground.  He finds out it isn't.  Then they all block the door and try to walk back through the people trying to get off the boat.   We also had a couple on this boat who thought they were going to the TTC.  They walked past two big signs saying where the boat was going, and the CM announced where the boat was going before people even boarded the boat.  But, they didn't listen.

Anyway, after the stupid guest tricks, we finally made it to the Fort.

We grabbed a table, ordered our food and enjoyed the view:

31713139_zps996acc4b.jpg

There were a bunch of other folks who had the same good idea:

31713140_zps5e48b1bb.jpg

The twins posed for a photo:

31713141_zps26e60a2f.jpg

31713142_zps584bce76.jpg

There was a good sized crowd waiting to go in to the Hoop Dee Doo Review:

31713143_zpsfdad5129.jpg

It felt like spring, but the crepe myrtles in the island just off the porch stil had no leaves:

31713144_zpseb72c6b6.jpg

Our food was ready in about ten minutes:

31713145_zpsfc00ab7c.jpg

And we enjoyed it.

The wagon rides were starting:

31713146_zps23e12632.jpg

But we needed to get going.

It was a school night, after all.

My last photo from this trip before we took the buses back to our car:

31713149_zps3c13cc55.jpg

And that's it.

That's all I have for this trip.

Thanks for reading along.

TCD

Another Great TR TCD!!

Thanks for bringing us along for the ride sir!

And thanks for reading along!

Thanks TCD!

Oh and I can so see a "stupid guests tricks" thread. 

That's a great idea for a thread!

There is a lot of material for that.

Ok twin #1 is Scary in that first photo on the porch.

You should see her when she sleeps through her alarm and I have to wake her up for school.

Let me guess....GAG leftovers were on the menu this week at Casa de TCD?  That's a lot of chicken.

Yeah buddy.

I actually am going to have the last of it today for lunch!

It's good to be TCD.

TCD

In that first picture, i wasn't sure that was really your daughter.  She looked so different not smiling I thought you were trying to fool us with someone you met who just looked a bit like her.

Hoping you get back to WDW soon, for all our benefit!

Quick but good. I'm excited that I'll be eating some of that chicken in 8 days! We eat by the playground though since we've got the little guy. 

That sounds great.  I can confirm that the picnic tables are there waiting for you!

Better you than me having to wake her up

Yeah.  She's not at her best in that situation.

And now I'm hungry for a GAG! Thanks for another fun trip. 

Me too!  And I just happen to have some to dig in to.

I'm sad to see this TR end!  Hope there's another TCD report in the near future.

I hope the next one is soon too.

What I really want is another Fort trip soon.

But life is not cooperating at the moment.

I will, however, be enjoying trips to Tallahassee and Auburn, Alabama in the next two weeks.

There is actually an entire board called Stupid Guest Tricks.com http://www.stupidguesttricks.com/

Lots of CMs on this board, but others can join.

I don't want to waste time looking at that site.

But I don't think I can resist.

In that first picture, i wasn't sure that was really your daughter.  She looked so different not smiling I thought you were trying to fool us with someone you met who just looked a bit like her.

Hoping you get back to WDW soon, for all our benefit!

Yeah, Twin #1 can be scary. 

I hope to be back to WDW soon.  I'm sure there will be at least a day trip sometime.

TCD

Whenever somebody on the boat asks if this is the campground at the WL stop, I always say yes. I just love messing with clueless Morans.

The public is stupid.

I've read some of stupidguesttricks.com previously. It's actually kind of funny.

This happened today.

As I'm approaching MK, I make an announcement over the PA that if anyone is going to the MK just to transfer to the Contemporary or Polynesian resorts, stay on the bus because I'm going to those two resorts after I drop off at MK.

This lady runs up to me and says, I'm running late for a breakfast at the Grand Floridian, should I stay on this bus or take the monorail?

Did I say anything about going to the Grand Floridian.....NO.