Train Cars Found Near Wilderness Lodge

21 hours ago, keith_h said:

I wonder where the construction crew actually found them? Based only on the picture they look to be in pretty good shape if they have been sitting outside . Could they have been in a building that was torn down to make way for the new DVC suites?

From my understanding of the conversation that was had with the construction crew, the cars were heavily covered in vegetation so that the crews had no idea they were there until the equipment physically hit them.  That could be one of the reasons they are not damaged from the sun and weather

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps.   But I also have another theory.  Could it be that Walt and Roy raised the funds to build WDW by mining phosphate around Bay Lake with slave dwarf labor?  And as much as they tried to c

DH says they were at Thunder Mountain as show pieces when he was working on maintenance control systems and Thunder Mountain was their test site.  The reason they are where they are now is. "I have no

Crap.  If the entrance to my mine is discovered, I will have to take drastic measures.  I have notified my head of security and his six coworkers to keep an eye out for interlopers.

3 hours ago, Duane said:

Do you think these could have been used during the construction of the FWRR to haul gravel for the railroad bed? Just a guess...

If there was any truth to that it would make them really cool.

4 hours ago, Duane said:

Do you think these could have been used during the construction of the FWRR to haul gravel for the railroad bed? Just a guess...

Not a bad guess. I could see them being used for maintenance of the tracks too. I wasn't around when the train ran but where did they keep the yard for servicing the train and tracks? Could it be when they closed down FWRR they just pushed them off the end of the tracks and left them? 

DH says they were at Thunder Mountain as show pieces when he was working on maintenance control systems and Thunder Mountain was their test site.  The reason they are where they are now is. "I have no idea"  direct from the person who wrote the system to control maintenance of the rides.  They were never on the TM track and were not part of FW RR either.

Side note, DH was one of the first people to ride TM when WDW started testing it, right after the sand bags. :lol:

But the mystery of why they are where they are is still....a mystery :unsure:

8 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

DH says they were at Thunder Mountain as show pieces when he was working on maintenance control systems and Thunder Mountain was their test site.  The reason they are where they are now is. "I have no idea"  direct from the person who wrote the system to control maintenance of the rides.  They were never on the TM track and were not part of FW RR either.

Side note, DH was one of the first people to ride TM when WDW started testing it, right after the sand bags. :lol:

But the mystery of why they are where they are is still....a mystery :unsure:

Mystery (mostly) solved - thanks Gretchen - and Bill!!

• 4 weeks later...

Crap.  If the entrance to my mine is discovered, I will have to take drastic measures.  I have notified my head of security and his six coworkers to keep an eye out for interlopers.

On April 30, 2016 at 5:11 PM, ftwildernessguy said:

Are they going to be able to see anything through the scuba masks?

On 4/30/2016 at 5:11 PM, ftwildernessguy said:

Good luck finding them. My guess is they are looping trying to find tires not fully on the pavement or over the yellow line.

• 1 year later...

Sometimes it takes a long time to solve a mystery,

And this is one of those times.

The Disney Parks Blog posted an article yesterday entitled "Five Favorite Facts about Disney's Wilderness Lodge."

Look at what they have as favorite fun fact #1:

Favorite Fun Fact No. 1: The new Boulder Ridge Cove Pool Area enriches the resort’s back story of resourceful renewal, appearing to have repurposed a rock quarry abandoned by the Boulder Ridge Railway and Mining Company. If the area’s two pieces of vintage mining equipment look familiar, it may be because they played a starring role for years in Catastrophe Canyon, part of the former Studio Backlot Tour at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. These striking pieces of Disney history have now found another life, further underscoring the resort’s story of resourcefulness and renewal.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/07/five-favorite-facts-about-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

Looks like those construction workers gave old Arthur some bad info.

TCD

I call BS.  Wasn't CC themed around an oil drilling and storage area?  I remember the featured tanker truck, an oil pumpjack, and large oil storage tanks.  They sort of exploded.  What would old mining cars be doing in such an area?  Does anyone has pictures that show these cars in CC?  

I think Disney is trying to hide something....

54 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

I call BS.  Wasn't CC themed around an oil drilling and storage area?  I remember the featured tanker truck, an oil pumpjack, and large oil storage tanks.  They sort of exploded.  What would old mining cars be doing in such an area?  Does anyone has pictures that show these cars in CC?  

I think Disney is trying to hide something....

Take a look at these aerial photos . . .

Here's one from the Orange County Property Appraiser's website in 2015.  This depicts the area that would be to the right of the forward motion of the tram as it exited the Catastrophe Canyon area:

ocpa%202015_zps0ita4apv.jpg

You can also see these items on Bing Maps:

bing%20maps%20cc_zps7ojlz1cy.jpg

Now, here are the train cars on site at Wilderness Lodge from the Orange County Property Appraiser's aerial images in 2017:

ocpa%202017_zps37om6kfr.jpg

ocpa%202017.1_zps0frnllmg.jpg

I think those are the same train cars in all the photos.

TCD

20 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Are you suggesting that this has something to do with your Iranian nuclear science theory?

TCD

Perhaps.  

But I also have another theory.  Could it be that Walt and Roy raised the funds to build WDW by mining phosphate around Bay Lake with slave dwarf labor?  And as much as they tried to conceal the evidence, these two rail cars threaten to blow the lid off the deception?  7DMT may be fun and rollicking to you, but to the survivors of Walt's dwarf mining horror, it is a sharp stab in the back by Disney executives who are laughing all the way to the bank.  

15 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Perhaps.  

But I also have another theory.  Could it be that Walt and Roy raised the funds to build WDW by mining phosphate around Bay Lake with slave dwarf labor?  And as much as they tried to conceal the evidence, these two rail cars threaten to blow the lid off the deception?  7DMT may be fun and rollicking to you, but to the survivors of Walt's dwarf mining horror, it is a sharp stab in the back by Disney executives who are laughing all the way to the bank.  

Wow.

I can't believe that you put that all in writing.  You had better be on the lookout for those Disney helicopters.  They probably have already sent a couple to pick you up.

I'll bet that fake Silver Creek Falls sign they sent to you has an implanted tracking device.

TCD

Hmm, very interesting detective work sir.  I shall certainly call Arthur and put him on the detective trail as well.  Between the both of you, we will definitely get an answer.  He knows enough people that he can verify this work you have done.  I am impressed.  Y'all know how stubborn I am and how often I give out compliments.  (not)  Take it while you can! ;)