It's The End of the World as We Know It-The TCD Gang's Last Fort Trip (BC)

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, TCD and I met in person right in line for TSM!! It was a highlight of my trip!!! I am not kidding, it truly was!!! Four weeks prior to that trip, I had been a healthy "normal" 44 year old lady. I

This thread is a weird combination of a Hallmark channel movie and a tissue commercial. I'm going to go watch monster trucks or something. Then hug my kids and forbid them to grow up.

Do my eyes deceive me? Did I actually make page 1 on a TCD report??

First off, congratulations to the TCD twins!  No doubt they will be successful in their future endeavors, they seem like bright young ladies.

Secondly, this:

Before we move forward, at FWG's request, here are a couple of zooms on Princess Leia:

leia_zpsf49f8127.jpg

It was disturbing enough seeing this picture of Padme apparently kissing a Wookie.  Then I watched the video and saw the Wookie dancing.  Equally disturbing.

Did I miss something in the movies?  Does Chewbacca ever have a love interest?  Or dance?

My prediction is, in Episode VII, there will be a romantic relationship between Chewbacca and Leia....seeing as Carrie Fisher actually resembles a Wookie now. 

That is brutal.  Although it did make me laugh.

Thank you for the well wishes for the twins.  They worked hard and will be going on to the colleges they have always wanted to attend.  All of our daughters have been a huge blessing to us.  While Mrs. TCD and I have tried to guide them, we have many friends who have tried just as hard and have ended up with some pretty sad situations.  So a lot of credit has to go to the girls.  They have made and hopefully will continue to make good choices.

But that is not what this TR is about.

So, let's move on.

THANK YOU!

You are most welcome.

Even if you are not a Star Wars geek, the Leia/Padme combo is worth the price of admission to a Star Wars Weekend.

Also....no conment on the movie reference in my prior post? It was not from one of the two Christmas movies.

I caught the Big movie reference Aaron

Sorry, Aaron.  That Big reference went right over my head.  I knew you were referring to something, but I missed it.

Good try, though.

I really feel I should congratulate the twins on their achievements....but I can't get past that video.  That is some Amidala Hoopla!

Yeah, I thought Princess Leia was strong, but that Padme is out of this world.  Pun intended.

It was disturbing enough seeing this picture of Padme apparently kissing a Wookie.  Then I watched the video and saw the Wookie dancing.  Equally disturbing.

Did I miss something in the movies?  Does Chewbacca ever have a love interest?  Or dance?

Yes, you missed something.

Chewie is married:

IMG_0976.jpg

When Mrs. Chewie catches wind of Chewie's escapades at Hyperspace Hoopla, his butt is going to be in Hyperspace trouble.

My prediction is, in Episode VII, there will be a romantic relationship between Chewbacca and Leia....seeing as Carrie Fisher actually resembles a Wookie now. 

This only reaffirms that you should be working on the script. That is brilliant!  The only thing I request is please either have Carrie in a full fur costume, or at least a mask.  Thank you.

TCD

This only reaffirms that you should be working on the script. That is brilliant!  The only thing I request is please either have Carrie in a full fur costume, or at least a mask.  Thank you.

TCD

My current rough draft of the script actually has Leia turning to the dark side as the new Sith Lord, so if it would help, I could put her in a full Vader-type costume.  Or at least a Vader mask with breathing apperatus, and then we could use a body double in a Leia slave outfit, or maybe a dirndl.  Don't they wear dirndls on Alderaan?  Or at least didn't they, before the place blew up?  I thought I read once that Alderaan was originally settled by Germanic tribes.  A long time ago...

My current rough draft of the script actually has Leia turning to the dark side as the new Sith Lord, so if it would help, I could put her in a full Vader-type costume.  Or at least a Vader mask with breathing apperatus, and then we could use a body double in a Leia slave outfit, or maybe a dirndl.  Don't they wear dirndls on Alderaan?  Or at least didn't they, before the place blew up?  I thought I read once that Alderaan was originally settled by Germanic tribes.  A long time ago...

Hmmm.  Needs some work, but this is promising.

I'm thinking about the marketing aspects now that Disney owns the franchise.  What about a new bar in Star Wars land where the space ladies wear dirndls?  And/or slave outfits.  Or whatever you call what Padme was wearing in Hyperspace Hoopla.

Think about it. 

Goldmine!

TCD

Let's get this report moving again!

Update time!

We left off with the TCD gang held up by a rope stretched across Hollywood Boulevard listening to the banter between two Storm Troopers.

The Storm Troopers were actually funny.  They addressed the crowd, and pointed to certain guests, and insulted them:

MemorialDay2013345_zps9acd3dc0.jpg

They bantered back and forth about what they were supposed to do with all of the people here behind the rope:

MemorialDay2013346_zpsddceb1b3.jpg

A couple of times, they referred to the actual rope, and mocked how this big group was being held back by a tiny rope:

MemorialDay2013348_zps3d68a230.jpg

They continued to point to and comment at people in the crowd:

MemorialDay2013350_zps14072268.jpg

There was really a rope here today.  I thought I would take a photo, since there are many who have never been to a real rope drop:

MemorialDay2013351_zpsa5491d64.jpg

As the Storm Troopers went on, it was pretty clear that at some point, the rope would be dropped, and we would all surge in to the park.

We were very lucky to be near the front.

Look at what was behind us:

MemorialDay2013355_zps70e28417.jpg

At 7:41 am, the rope was rolled up, and just like that, we were on our way.  The Storm Troopers stayed where they were.  This helped us, as the opening between them was right in front of us, and we had a clear shot through, while others had to maneuver their way around:

MemorialDay2013358_zps8d46d1cf.jpg

MemorialDay2013359_zps14bd187e.jpg

The crowd surged forward, and so did we:

MemorialDay2013360_zps736161ea.jpg

You see those folks in the striped shirts in front of the crowd?  Those are CM's from Toy Story.  Back when there used to be stampedes, they would come out and fast walk in front of the crowd.  The deal was that you needed to stay behind them, and they would walk the crowd up to the attraction.  The people in front of us were not following stampede protocol, and left a gap between themselves and the CM's:

MemorialDay2013361_zpse0e17dd4.jpg

What a bunch of newbs.

We just needed to zig and zag a bit, and look where we were!  Up front baby!  Over there on the stage, you can see Han Solo frozen in carbonite.  But there is not time for that now:

MemorialDay2013362_zps2b5e7603.jpg

I was all up in this CM's business.  Which means we are at the very front of that big crowd that was behind us on Hollywood Blvd.:

MemorialDay2013364_zps164d1e59.jpg

Since it is likely that these stampedes will only occur during Star Wars weekends, let me let you in on a little strategy tip.  As we approach this arch, we must make a choice as to whether to go through that little opening on the left, or the big opening on the right:

MemorialDay2013367_zpse248b4e3.jpg

What would you do?

If you said go left, through the small opening, you're right.  The CM's slow the folks going through the wide opening to allow room for those coming through the small opening to make the turn.  That allows those on the left to take the lead.  Which is exactly what we did.

And, now, after making that left turn and heading toward Pixar Place, you can see what we saw in front of us:

MemorialDay2013368_zpsb64735d6.jpg

Nothing and nobody!  Just a straight shot to the ride from here.

As we approached the Fastpass line, Twin #1 broke off to get Fastpasses, and Twin #2 and I continued on to the entrance:

MemorialDay2013369_zpsea657143.jpg

Twin #2 waiting for Twin #1:

MemorialDay2013373_zps696705b9.jpg

We could have been those people who go into the queue and then had Twin #1 pass people to catch up to us, but we knew she wouldn't be long so we waited.  That was tough though, as we could have been the very first in line.

But, sure enough Twin #1 was heading our way in no time.  You can see her under the "x" in Pixar:

MemorialDay2013376_zps42c99b8c.jpg

That last photo was taken at 7:44.  This next one was taken at 7:47, as we were ready to board our ride vehicles.  As you can see, we were about to ride Toy Story before the posted park opening time, and had Fastpasses to return and ride again at 8:40:

MemorialDay2013378_zps02b6e63f.jpg

This is Twin #1's score.  She almost got best score for the hour:

MemorialDay2013382_zps27029ea5.jpg

So, we were done with our first ride of the day, and it wasn't even 8 am yet.  We would be back to ride again at 8:40.  In the meantime, we decided to go and meet some of the Star Wars characters.

We wanted to see Chewbacca and Chip and Dale, who are out dressed as Ewoks for the first time this year.

They are both over near the Star Tours attraction, so we headed that way.

We took a short cut down the New York street, which was cool because it was absolutely deserted:

MemorialDay2013383_zps49612c02.jpg

MemorialDay2013384_zps4e616ec7.jpg

This is a shot looking back the other way.  You can see the time on the big clock says it's 7:56.  The park will officially open in four minutes:

MemorialDay2013385_zpsbbcc169b.jpg

After being here to see the Osborn lights, it's weird to see this place with no people around:

MemorialDay2013386_zps2b70d1a2.jpg

In all my times here, I've never noticed the manhole covers:

MemorialDay2013387_zps14af98e4.jpg

San Francisco was empty too:

MemorialDay2013388_zps92f40ded.jpg

Another manhole cover:

MemorialDay2013389_zps8a8dec4b.jpg

One last look at the empty street:

MemorialDay2013390_zpsccaa6ef5.jpg

Chip and Dale were not scheduled to be out until 8:30.  There was no one in their line, which had taken hours the week before.  But Chewbacca was supposed to be out at 8, so we hopped in that line first.  These people all were behind us soon after:

MemorialDay2013391_zps2fcdcc8e.jpg

If you ever want your face painted, this would be a good time of day to do it:

MemorialDay2013393_zpsd02799ba.jpg

Sure enough, Chewie came out right at 8, and at 8:15, here we were:

MemorialDay2013394_zpsa4e04773.jpg

From here, we jumped across the street to get in the Chip and Dale line.

We will pick it up from there in the next update.

TCD

Shame on me for not recalling the Wookie family portrait. It's a memorable piece of art.

Yes Shame.  On you and your family.   That piece of art set me back $3500.  Plus tax.

"All right, that's it! Dishonor! Dishonor on your whole family!

Make a note of this: dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow, dis..."

Anyone get that one?

Congrats to the twins.

Padma definitely kicks Leia's tush in the dancing department and is showing less skin to do so.

Since I'm quoting obscure sources:

"Shut my mouth, slap your grandma

There outta be a law

Get the Sheriff on the phone

Lord have mercy, how's she even get them britches on . . ."

Anyone got that one?

What a wookie!

Yes indeed.

That was quite a wookie!

Nice pic with Chewie and good job with the TSM strategy.

If Chewie ever rides TSM with you:

"I suggest a new strategy, let the wookie win."

Hey, a movie reference I finally got.

Well played, sir.

Excellent stampeding!!

Love the empty streets of America photos. 

As someone that's only been to HS between Oct-Dec, it's weird just to see all the buildings not covered in strings of lights.

Yes, seeing the Streets of America as they were intended to be seen is quite a contrast to how they look from October to January.  I love the Osborn Lights, but they destroy the atmosphere of the Streets of America during the day.

Star Wars Episode IV I believe.

I'm not sure what episode it is, but I remember it was during that game of space chess, or whatever you call that.

Congrats to the twins! The picutes of graduation, awesome! Those pictures of you all with Chewie, I'm going with hilarious! So cute!

Thanks!

I believe that there are some photopass photos of that meeting that I need to find.  I'll post those if there are any good ones.

TCD

Mulan?

I always pull out "the greatest gift and honor is having you for a daughter". Then I laugh hysterically.

Very good!

That is a great movie!

I need to dig that out and watch it with the girls.

I know they have "Let's get down to business . . ." on their "studying for school" playlists.

1st reference: Mulan

2nd reference: the warrior poet known as Trace Adkins

Very good, Aaron.

Watch the next update for another movie reference.

TCD