It's The End of the World as We Know It-The TCD Gang's Last Fort Trip (BC)

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, TCD and I met in person right in line for TSM!! It was a highlight of my trip!!! I am not kidding, it truly was!!! Four weeks prior to that trip, I had been a healthy "normal" 44 year old lady. I

This thread is a weird combination of a Hallmark channel movie and a tissue commercial. I'm going to go watch monster trucks or something. Then hug my kids and forbid them to grow up.

Do my eyes deceive me? Did I actually make page 1 on a TCD report??

I'm glad you mentioned the breakfast sandwiches were good because they looked pretty nasty. I think it's the color of the sausage and that its yellow American cheese, I like it white.

The person charging their phone reminded me of a story. When we were at Hoop Dee Doo, our table was one of the high tops in the back. We were just getting seated and a person not from this land comes over and starts moving the extra chairs and poking around. We were like What the fort dude?! He didn't speak English and we realized he was searching the pole next to our table for an outlet. He then plugged in his phone and left it on our extra chair and then went to his seat. Who the hell leaves their iPhone near strangers?!? What if we would have stolen it? Strange.

Oh and the little ewoks? They are the lost children that don't get claimed by their parents at the end of the night.

Except for the wookies, everyone in space speaks English.

Ahem. As a former Star Wars junkie, may I point out that Greedo did not speak English. Jawas did not speak English. The Sand People did not speak English. Ewoks did not speak English. Jabba did not speak English. The Imperial spy did not speak English. Nien Nunb did not speak English.

Everyone understands English, however. Oddly. And almost everyone understands the foreign languages spoken to them. 

Ahem. As a former Star Wars junkie, may I point out that Greedo did not speak English. Jawas did not speak English. The Sand People did not speak English. Ewoks did not speak English. Jabba did not speak English. The Imperial spy did not speak English. Nien Nunb did not speak English.

Everyone understands English, however. Oddly. And almost everyone understands the foreign languages spoken to them. 

Well said Troll!

For some reason, Disney has been blatantly lying to guests about wait times.

A couple of weeks ago, fellow Fiend Starbuc71 abandoned his plans to visit DHS for a Star Wars Weekend because a friend of his reported the outrageously long wait times.

The thing is that Disney is deliberately lying about these wait times.

Why, I'm not sure.

But it happens consistently enough that it has to be intentional on their part.

And what you are about to read will demonstrate that they were lying big time this morning.

The tip board told us the wait for Star Tours was 50 minutes.

And so did the signage at the attraction:

TCD

I think I stated this in my other post but there were a few factors other than the wait times on why we did not go:

1. One couple we were with were AP holders and they scoped the place out at rope drop. IMHO and Andrew you might chime in, these crowded special events are best enjoyed if you are a AP holder. This allows you to come and go as you please. With 4 of us not being AP holders and one of my friends a theme park/crowd hater and a late riser, it wold not have been worth the $90 each to get to the park by 11:00 and battle the crowds. It would have been a non enjoyable day.

2. It was opening weekend so maybe the wait times were more realistic. Maybe they never changed the times from one weekend to another...lol

I was ideally bummed we did not go. I think we are going to bite the bullet at the end of year and get AP's

True Star Wars geeks hate Ewoks...

Also a true Star Wars geek hates jar jar blinks more

Sounds like Stewie from Family Guy

Seth McFarland I believe teamed up with Seth Green who was one of the writers/ creators for robot chicken. Still have no idea where the name came from

As bad as the Ewoks were, ain't nobody that stirs up the hatred like Jar Jar.

Touché

Couple of comments. Not gonna try the multi quote because its been acting weird.

The facades for Star Tours area are intentional. It is Hollywood Studios. A glimpse behind how movies are made. That's why the area is designed the way it is.

Disney is not intentionally manipulating the wait times. Those times are automatically set by an electronic computer system. You know those little red cards you get from time to time? Those read your start time and the time you reach the front of the line and automatically change the signs and the apps. The tip boards then get a message to change the boards. They are supposed to run those red cards through every hour and more often if busy. but if the crowd dies before they get a card through, the time will still be the higher time.

An example, the other day Pirates was a 55 min wait. then the ride went down. When it opened back up, the system still read a 55min wait even though no one was in line. They had to have a CM run a card through the system to make it lower. So its not an exact science and there are factors that can affect the times (like guests taking those red things home as souvenirs) and is far from real time.

Couple of comments. Not gonna try the multi quote because its been acting weird.

The facades for Star Tours area are intentional. It is Hollywood Studios. A glimpse behind how movies are made. That's why the area is designed the way it is.

Disney is not intentionally manipulating the wait times. Those times are automatically set by an electronic computer system. You know those little red cards you get from time to time? Those read your start time and the time you reach the front of the line and automatically change the signs and the apps. The tip boards then get a message to change the boards. They are supposed to run those red cards through every hour and more often if busy. but if the crowd dies before they get a card through, the time will still be the higher time.

An example, the other day Pirates was a 55 min wait. then the ride went down. When it opened back up, the system still read a 55min wait even though no one was in line. They had to have a CM run a card through the system to make it lower. So its not an exact science and there are factors that can affect the times (like guests taking those red things home as souvenirs) and is far from real time.

I was always wondering what the red cards were for and how they played a part with the ride

Jeez. My trip report has turned in to a Star Wars geekfest.

I'll respond to these comments, then we will pick this report back up with some nice Fort photos.

The Fort is something we can all agree on.

Unlike Star Wars, LOL:

I am done. Sorry for the hijack.

Here is the into to Robot Chicken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmRA2dhQLmU

OK, so there is a Robot Chicken. Does he make the Star Wars videos?

Wait, please don't answer that.

I've heard more than I care to hear already.

I'm not sorry, but I'm done.

I'll let you schmuck faces get back to the very important topic at hand, Robot Chickens and Ewok's names.

LOL! How did these become the topics at hand.

We need to get back to the Fort!

Nope, they translated it correctly. Vtec is a Honda engine. Notice it is on a Honda car.

Wow.

So, this guy painted the hood of his car with chalkboard paint, and then drew a tribute to his car's engine with chalk.

The dude must kill it with the ladies.

I'll bet he was one of those guys who lined up at 11:30 the night before to meet the little person who played that Ewok.

Playa!

I need to let LAG know about this. He could paint his car with the chalkboard paint and then draw Chip and Dale in kimonos on there.

I reckon Lafonda would love that.

I'm glad you mentioned the breakfast sandwiches were good because they looked pretty nasty. I think it's the color of the sausage and that its yellow American cheese, I like it white.

The person charging their phone reminded me of a story. When we were at Hoop Dee Doo, our table was one of the high tops in the back. We were just getting seated and a person not from this land comes over and starts moving the extra chairs and poking around. We were like What the fort dude?! He didn't speak English and we realized he was searching the pole next to our table for an outlet. He then plugged in his phone and left it on our extra chair and then went to his seat. Who the hell leaves their iPhone near strangers?!? What if we would have stolen it? Strange.

Oh and the little ewoks? They are the lost children that don't get claimed by their parents at the end of the night.

I'm pretty sure that if a person not from this land left his iPhone on a seat at my table, his friends would at least be receiving some strange texts throughout the evening, and he would have some nice photos to look at.

LOL @ where the Ewoks come from.

I was told by a Bus Driver that the lost children were taken to MK, their feet glued to the floor in It's a Small World, and forced to sing that mind numbing song forever.

I've heard that too. But, the version I head included giving the kids some coffee and candy first. Made it sound like a nice experience for them.

True Star Wars geeks hate Ewoks...

True. And a lot of other things too.

Like sunlight. And showers. And girls.

Really cause I pretty much like the Ewoks. Now Gungans are awful.

Ah, the Jar Jar hate!

I think it's funny how there is not a single reference to him anywhere during Star Wars weekends.

But, there is a Gungan scene on the ride. We haven't seen it often.

Personally, I like Jar Jar. Mainly because he makes the geeks so mad.

Good point.

And, don't forget how many languages C3PO is able to translate. I'm sure someone reading along knows the exact number, so there must be a lot.

Since you are a former junkie, how about answering these questions, which have always bugged me:

1. Where is earth? Is it ever even mentioned?

2. Who paid for all that stuff they have? Seriously, where did the money come from for the Death Star, and who funded the Rebels? All those space ships and stuff can't be cheap.

3. How come there is air everywhere and everyone can breath it?

4. What about gravity? It seems to be the same wherever anyone goes in space.

5. How is it that there are a zillion storm troopers shooting at the good guys and nobody ever gets shot? Not even nicked.

All kidding aside, from the very first time I saw Star Wars, all of this stuff bugged me. The whole thing is totally implausible.

I don't speak from a position of authority, just a general observation. I don't think anyone likes Gungans though...

Although Jar Jar is annoying, I liked him. As I said, mainly because of the reaction he brings from the geeks.

Sounds like Stewie from Family Guy

Yes it does. That guy sure has gotten around.

TCD

ring these questions, which have always bugged me:

1. Where is earth? Is it ever even mentioned?

A galaxy far far away.

2. Who paid for all that stuff they have? Seriously, where did the money come from for the Death Star, and who funded the Rebels? All those space ships and stuff can't be cheap.

Government embezzlement?

stole, bartered, secret alliances?

3. How come there is air everywhere and everyone can breath it?

lazy creator

4. What about gravity? It seems to be the same wherever anyone goes in space.

see above

5. How is it that there are a zillion storm troopers shooting at the good guys and nobody ever gets shot? Not even nicked.

apparently the people with brains and a good shot went into the Rebels, while the stupid people and bad shots became storm troopers

TCD