It's The End of the World as We Know It-The TCD Gang's Last Fort Trip (BC)

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, TCD and I met in person right in line for TSM!! It was a highlight of my trip!!! I am not kidding, it truly was!!! Four weeks prior to that trip, I had been a healthy "normal" 44 year old lady. I

This thread is a weird combination of a Hallmark channel movie and a tissue commercial. I'm going to go watch monster trucks or something. Then hug my kids and forbid them to grow up.

Do my eyes deceive me? Did I actually make page 1 on a TCD report??

I know nothing about Star Wars but I really thought the Storm Troopers didn't talk! Learn something new every day!

So was there potties for the over night nerds to use?

They actually let those waiting bring chairs and use the bathroom inside the park.   They then let the people know that at a certain time they have to bring the chairs and stuff back to their cars.  They also make an announcement when the last chance to use the bathroom is.  They have to close the turnstiles at some point before the Normal people show up.

They actually let those waiting bring chairs and use the bathroom inside the park. They then let the people know that at a certain time they have to bring the chairs and stuff back to their cars. They also make an announcement when the last chance to use the bathroom is. They have to close the turnstiles at some point before the Normal people show up.

That sounds like a well thought out process. I would totally do it if there was someone I'd like to see.

At my stage in life, there are very few people who would be worth my camping out in a chair too many yards from a bathroom to see. It's all about comfort.

At my stage in life, there are very few people who would be worth my camping out in a chair too many yards from a bathroom to see. It's all about comfort.

WI_Oct-II_zps33b18866.jpg

In this case, I could sit in a chair, probably close to a bathroom, hold up a finger and one of these fine young ladies would bring me a beer. Now that's worth it.

I found out the hard way at my first beer festival in Germany that if you want one beer, hold up your thumb. If you want two, hold up your thumb and first finger. If those girls see that index finger in the air, they assume the thumb is up, too, and will bring two beers.

I also found out that German tank crews like Budweiser, for some reason, and once you start drinking with them it is very hard to stop.

Cool opening show!  Who doesn't love some good Stormtrooper banter?

As much as that granny does look like me, I was not at Disney that weekend. 

Looking forward to the stampede.  You went straight to Lights, Motors, Action, right??

Well, it definitely would have been LMA, but I think it's been closed for a while.  Hasn't it?

I am really late getting on board, and am just catching up, but I just wanted to say how disappointed I am in the twins. They are going to college and can't stay up all night? Lightweights.

Yup, they're lightweights.  But, they're young.  I am sure that they will learn many things at college (unfortunately).

Looking forward to the stampede.....as long as I don't have to do it.

I think you should have ran to the training academy and signed up to be a Padawan.

You could have told them you are really only 10 but were turned into a grown-up by a coin operated Zoltar machine while on the Boardwalk last night.

It would be fun to see TCD with the other kids on stage fighting Vader or Darth Maul.

I love the Mike Wazowski lamp.

Will this be a multiple update day?

As you now know, it was not a multiple update day.

Things have been busy at Casa TCD, but we should get back on track today.

I think they did let adults do the Jedi training when they had the May the 4th event for Limited Time Magic this year.  Too bad for me  I couldn't attend.  I would have put on a good show.

Ready for the stampede!

Hold your horses.  Not yet.  Soon, but not yet.

Stampede!!  It is not a Disney trip without at least one stampede.

What a great shot of the shot.  That was cool.  I think I want you to send me a high resolution copy that photo please.

Good for you for not giving up on the moon photo.

If my KTTW has the RFID thingy, can I use your special non turn style turn style too?

I think if your admission ticket is on your KTTW, then you are good to go through the RFID scanners.  They can admit folks much faster than the turnstiles for sure.

Loving the trip report. 

I must have missed something, but as someone who was lucky enough to meet Stef in person, I truly hope all is well with her and miss her. She's the best! 

All is well with Stef.   She is on a very long break from ff.net.  I'll explain a little more about that later.  We will be meeting up with her again in this report.

TCD TR.....the next best thing to being there.

Who else is fast enough with a camera to actually capture a storm trooper lazer shot. The math boggles the mind.

Trust me, there was no math.  I was just shooting random photos, and I happened to catch it.

It happened really quick, and was not expected.  I'll bet there won't be many photos of that floating around.

Stampede!!!!

Heck Yeah!

Awesome photobomb.

I guess I took the 100 loop comfort station for granted on our last visit.  Now I know better.

Yes, you need to go and take a look at some of the others.  100 loop is the most attractive.  Not that the others are bad.

I can't believe that you got a close up of the freaky Mickey in that show but not of the slave outfit Princess Leia

My apologies.

Let me see what I can do for you.

TCD

We've done the stampede once at HS, about 2 years ago before they stopped doing the regular rope drop.

It was fun... and exhausting... and lonely.  DH isn't a stampeder.  His job was to get himself in line at TSM while I joined the stampede for FPs - divide and conquer.  It was a successful mission but we never could have navigated the crowd together.  Those people are crazy!  8)

Since the stampede has not run for over a year, we found ourselves there with a bunch of Star Wars geeks who had no idea how to properly stampede.  Wait and see how it turned out for us.

Back in the day, at MK it was called the Space Mountain Marathon, when SM was considered the thrill ride at WDW.

Because of the other mountains, MK hasn't had a good stampede in a long time.

At Epcot, when they used to have a rope drop, the stampede would go in two different directions, so it never was as intense as the Hollywood Studios stampede.

Same at AK- the EE stampede was good, but never as exciting as the Toy Story stampede.

I still remember our first family trip in 1979 and waiting 2.5 hours with my dad for Space Mountain.  I don't remember the ride actually, just the line.

Crazy.  Thank goodness for Fastpass.

Know what's really sad? I graduated from college in 1979.

Wow.  That is sad.  But, I was right behind you- I graduated high school in 1979.

Should I really make you sad and mention I wasn't born yet?

No, please don't mention that.

Thank you.

I know nothing about Star Wars but I really thought the Storm Troopers didn't talk! Learn something new every day!

So was there potties for the over night nerds to use?

Yes, the Storm Troopers talk.  And they're funny.  The running gag is that they are kind of clueless.  They play a big part in the Hyperspace Hoopla too.

The potty question is answered below.

Depends.

:wetpants:

I guess that's better than in the bushes?

Very good you two.

You could be Storm Troopers with that kind of banter.

They actually let those waiting bring chairs and use the bathroom inside the park.   They then let the people know that at a certain time they have to bring the chairs and stuff back to their cars.  They also make an announcement when the last chance to use the bathroom is.  They have to close the turnstiles at some point before the Normal people show up.

Thanks for that info.  I wondered myself.  I did see a couple of people who were pushing wheelchairs which were loaded with blankets and pillows.  The weather that night was very mild, and there was no rain, so it really wouldn't have been bad hanging out there all night.  But, I wonder what they do if it rains?

That sounds like a well thought out process. I would totally do it if there was someone I'd like to see.

I would too.  But, only hard core Star Wars geeks even know who most of these "celebrities" are.  It's not Harrison Ford or anything.

TCD

I'm with you there.

I really don't see the point of hanging out all night to meet these obscure "celebrities."

I found out the hard way at my first beer festival in Germany that if you want one beer, hold up your thumb. If you want two, hold up your thumb and first finger. If those girls see that index finger in the air, they assume the thumb is up, too, and will bring two beers.

No here's some useful information.

I'll file that away in case I ever find myself in Germany.

I also found out that German tank crews like Budweiser, for some reason, and once you start drinking with them it is very hard to stop.

Really?

With all the beer they have to choose from, they like Bud?

I don't remember much of my trip to Germany when I was 16, but for a few years afterwards, everytime I got drunk, I would start speaking in German.

Weird hijack.

I think the Germans must put something in the beer that brainwashes people.

I went to one Oktoberfest in college, and I can still sing this song . . .

in München steht ein hofbräuhaus . . .

TCD

Before we move forward, at FWG's request, here are a couple of zooms on Princess Leia:

leia_zpsf49f8127.jpg

leia1_zps277cdd45.jpg

leia2_zps0e95b383.jpg

I also meant to mention the young lady dressed in white. That is the Princess' mother, Padme.  How does that work?  The mom is hotter than the daughter?

FWG, if you would like to further study this issue, I suggest that you watch this video. You will need to endure the dancing Wookie for a minute and 43 seconds, but it will be worth the wait:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PomOsYxpzY

You're welcome!

TCD

OK, I'm going to get to work on an update, which will post later today.

In the meantime, let me explain why we have had a bit of a delay:

graduation1_zps28dbd33f.jpg

The TCD twins graduated yesterday!

I love this photo.  It's them with their principal and the class valedictorian and another one of their good friends.

The twins go to a good sized high school with 2000+ students, but the principal knows them and loves the twins:

graduation2_zpsfc64104c.jpg

The girl on the far left is one of their good friends and was valedictorian.  She is heading off to Johns Hopkins, and will undoubtedly go far in life.

She roomed with the twins when they went to the National HOSA competition last year, which was at the Coronado Springs Resort at WDW.  The twins took her and the girl on the right under their wings, and showed them how to do Disney.  The girls have repeatedly thanked them for having one of the best days of their life.

It is a strange thing to me for the girls to know and like their principal.  I considered it a great accomplishment that I never met my high school principal.

With that out of the way, the TR shall resume momentarily.

TCD

OK, I'm going to get to work on an update, which will post later today.

In the meantime, let me explain why we have had a bit of a delay:

graduation1_zps28dbd33f.jpg

The TCD twins graduated yesterday!

I love this photo.  It's them with their principal and the class valedictorian and another one of their good friends.

The twins go to a good sized high school with 2000+ students, but the principal knows them and loves the twins:

graduation2_zpsfc64104c.jpg

The girl on the far left is one of their good friends and was valedictorian.  She is heading off to Johns Hopkins, and will undoubtedly go far in life.

She roomed with the twins when they went to the National HOSA competition last year, which was at the Coronado Springs Resort at WDW.  The twins took her and the girl on the right under their wings, and showed them how to do Disney.  The girls have repeatedly thanked them for having one of the best days of their life.

It is a strange thing to me for the girls to know and like their principal.  I considered it a great accomplishment that I never met my high school principal.

With that out of the way, the TR shall resume momentarily.

TCD

Congratulations to the Twins! They are both going to great schools.  I know you are proud of them and you should be.  You should also be proud on how well you and Mrs TCD raised them.