It's The End of the World as We Know It-The TCD Gang's Last Fort Trip (BC)

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, TCD and I met in person right in line for TSM!! It was a highlight of my trip!!! I am not kidding, it truly was!!! Four weeks prior to that trip, I had been a healthy "normal" 44 year old lady. I

This thread is a weird combination of a Hallmark channel movie and a tissue commercial. I'm going to go watch monster trucks or something. Then hug my kids and forbid them to grow up.

Do my eyes deceive me? Did I actually make page 1 on a TCD report??

I thought this guy in front of me was some kind of secret service guy or something, but he just had a stupid padawan braid in his hair:

MemorialDay2013250_zpsc8720550.jpg

That does not look like a real Jedi braid to me.  That looks like he has something that hangs off his sunglasses.  I call foul.  I have a son who is trying to grow his hair out long enough for a Jedi braid.  I have tried to convince him that by the time it is long enough, his fiance will be asking him to cut it off for the wedding.  If he can get a fiance with a Jedi Braid.  Actually, he will likely be joining the military in a few years - maybe I will let them cut it off. ;)  Or maybe I can just talk him getting a fake one. ;)

That does not look like a real Jedi braid to me.  That looks like he has something that hangs off his sunglasses.  I call foul.  I have a son who is trying to grow his hair out long enough for a Jedi braid.  I have tried to convince him that by the time it is long enough, his fiance will be asking him to cut it off for the wedding.  If he can get a fiance with a Jedi Braid.  Actually, he will likely be joining the military in a few years - maybe I will let them cut it off. ;)  Or maybe I can just talk him getting a fake one. ;)

No, that is not a real braid.  Check it out:

braid_zpse665db83.jpg

Look at that!

What is going on there?

Is there a battery in that thing?

What the Fort.

I think you're right-if your son insists on growing a padawan braid, he probably isn't going to have to worry about his fiancé cutting it off.

There ain't going to be no fiancé.

The crowds you are showing from the Fort and the parks make Easter week look tame.

PS- Gators and cockroaches have a lot in common....

Yeah, the Fort was packed.

Is that Gator and cockroach thing a serious question?

What do they have in common?

Neither could survive in Athens, Georgia?

Is that it?

I totally agree! On both points.

Hey y'all stole the Gators coach. Be nice.

TCD

REALLLLYYYY trying not to take any of this personally, but...

I really wanted to shake this guy's hand.  He makes more money than a fake Santa, and doesn't have to walk around looking ridiculous either.

1) You'd be surprised what I make

2) You may think I look ridiculous, others insist I look spectacular, especially in my $3000 suit

3) My look is carefully considered and crafted through substantial effort and expense for the purpose of bringing joy to others, yours on the other hand seems to be the happenstance result of hammock lolling, blowing wind and rather occasional encounters with water and barbers.

So there! Mr. Man! (not a Christmas-movie quote)

Caught up - WHEW!

Loved your dawn pics and glad that we at least got to run into you and the twins.  At that point we were lucky to be standing - partly from being tired, but mostly because it felt like my feet were going to just explode if I stood on them much longer.

I will be at the next 24 hour Disney Day.

I can't say exactly why, because there was very little that was different from what you can do on a normal park day.

But I'll be there.

I'm hoping I will be too.  8)

Really? There's me here and an impersonator reading along? (Side note: I refer to my role as a "Santa's ambassador", "Santa's helper", or even "a Santa" and what I do is a portrayal... impersonator sounds like an identity thief!). For what it's worth, I agree with you. I think most people dislike attention hounds. Allow me to paint an analogy. Say there was a beauty pageant in town and the girls decided to take in the MK one night. They all show up like normal girls, in shorts and tee shirts except for one girl, who shows in a sequined gown, her Miss Tennessee banner, and a tiara. ...

Excellent analogy.  And I'm pretty sure I've seen that girl at WDW.   :rofl2: 

REALLLLYYYY trying not to take any of this personally, but...

1) You'd be surprised what I make

2) You may think I look ridiculous, others insist I look spectacular, especially in my $3000 suit

3) My look is carefully considered and crafted through substantial effort and expense for the purpose of bringing joy to others, yours on the other hand seems to be the happenstance result of hammock lolling, blowing wind and rather occasional encounters with water and barbers.

So there! Mr. Man! (not a Christmas-movie quote)

I'm thinking TCD got a lot of cole in his stocking when he was a young buckaroo. That is the only legitimate reason for his anti-Santa.

I know I am mostly a lurker and don't post often, but I just wanted to say that I too miss Stef's witty posts and

all the cute pictures of Mason.

Everyone here seems very caring and nice, people whom I would actually someday wish to meet, and

Stef and Trevor are at the top of the list.

I hope she comes back, I would love to read her TR.

I know I am mostly a lurker and don't post often, but I just wanted to say that I too miss Stef's witty posts and

all the cute pictures of Mason.

Everyone here seems very caring and nice, people whom I would actually someday wish to meet, and

Stef and Trevor are at the top of the list.

I hope she comes back, I would love to read her TR.

Stef was one of the first fiends we ever met. And she is wonderful. Bubbly, full of fire and one of the friendliest persons in the world!

I even have recipes in my recipe book that are Stef's.

I miss her on the board too!

I'm thinking TCD got a lot of cole in his stocking when he was a young buckaroo. That is the only legitimate reason for his anti-Santa.

Seriously! We hire a Santa to come to our house for pictures too. We split it with other families and make it a brunch. So much better than the mall!

If their up for grabs, I'll take the one second from the left :). A little bit of an 80's flare

Though I am personally very happily wed to my Mrs, if I were to proffer advice to a young fellow I'd have to say that a pierced belly-button dangler suggests an adventurous attitude... who cares about bangs anyway (speaking of her hair, naturally). Let me get outta this before I get in trouble!