It's The End of the World as We Know It-The TCD Gang's Last Fort Trip (BC)

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, TCD and I met in person right in line for TSM!! It was a highlight of my trip!!! I am not kidding, it truly was!!! Four weeks prior to that trip, I had been a healthy "normal" 44 year old lady. I

This thread is a weird combination of a Hallmark channel movie and a tissue commercial. I'm going to go watch monster trucks or something. Then hug my kids and forbid them to grow up.

Do my eyes deceive me? Did I actually make page 1 on a TCD report??

I think you need some Tinker Bill slippers.  It's not too many people that can say they did both all night-ers at the MK but I'm glad you did and that you're sharing it with us. 

I'm more of a lurker than a poster but in the past few months of following you're TR's I can get a sense of how close you and your girls are.  I congratulate them on their accomplishments and you for doing a fine job raising them.

I agree you need Tinker Bill Slippers.

And what's with the MD story?

and where has MD been?

The buildup is epic so I wonder if the story is as epic or will even be shared with the masses?

I would have bailed on Mike and Sully too.  Good call.

Gaston's cinnamon roll eh?  Too bad its not a MSB cinnamon roll.

I'm afraid to comment because I don't want TCD to take the time to respond to my comment if it limits the number of updates we get per day. 

OTOH, we did get two today. 

And, if they are slower, it will prolong the enjoyment.

I can attest to hearing them just 5 mins ago. They aren't as loud as they used to be, but you can still hear them from the loops near the marina. You can also still hear the Water Parade music. These are the sounds that put me to sleep everynight.

Thank goodness! The best part of being in 300 or 500 (the ones I've stayed in) IMHO is the ambiance: the whistles, the carriage rides, even the announcements from the HDDR.

I thought i knew and confirmed with Sil. This is from Pinochio. It's in the Pleasure Island scene when the boys start turning into donkeys.

How is it possible you and I could recognize something TCD doesn't? His punishment is to come to the HDDR with us in July! Have you booked it yet, TCD?

How is it possible you and I could recognize something TCD doesn't? His punishment is to come to the HDDR with us in July! Have you booked it yet, TCD?

Now now don't pressure him. He had never claimed to know everything Disney. As a matter of fact he asks questions too just like the rest of us. We shouldn't try and pressure him into coming. He will come if he can/wants too. 

Come to the HDDR

Great photos!

Thanks, Gwen.

The quality definitely deteriorated as the night wore on.

Love the photos with M&M!  :)

We were in the hub for Wishes and it was a complete mob scene, as was Tomorrowland right after.  Honestly the rest of the day was quite pleasant for us crowd-wise but it seemed like the whole world showed up at 10pm.

That was kind of our experience on the Leap Day event.  The day was pretty much a normal day.  Typically, things continue to die down the later it gets.  But for these 24 hour days, the crowds increase later in the night.

We found that the lines for the normal attractions were fine.  But for the special things, like meeting Mike and Sulley or Mickey and Minnie together, forget about it.

Looking forward to next update!

Congrats to all the TCD daughters. 

Thanks. The next update is coming now.

I think you need some Tinker Bill slippers.  It's not too many people that can say they did both all night-ers at the MK but I'm glad you did and that you're sharing it with us. 

I'm more of a lurker than a poster but in the past few months of following you're TR's I can get a sense of how close you and your girls are.  I congratulate them on their accomplishments and you for doing a fine job raising them.

I had several comments from guests asking about where my slippers were.  We actually spotted quite a few guests sporting t-shirts from the Leap Day event, so we weren't the only two-timers.

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to post.  You should feel free to do that more often!

We looked at the lines for the monsters but passed... the crowds were insane by that point

What time was that?

There was a manager who walked up and down the line while we were in it telling guests that they should consider leaving the line and coming back later, since the Monsters would be there until 5 and the line would be shorter then.

We didn't believe that part about the line being shorter later, but we bailed because it wasn't worth it to wait for an hour and miss the Celebrate the Magic show and parade.

I agree you need Tinker Bill Slippers.

And what's with the MD story?

and where has MD been?

The buildup is epic so I wonder if the story is as epic or will even be shared with the masses?

I would have bailed on Mike and Sully too.  Good call.

Gaston's cinnamon roll eh?  Too bad its not a MSB cinnamon roll.

MD is around, and I believe he has a Fort trip planned.  Like all of us with kids in school, this is a crazy time, so he probably doesn't have time to post.  Hopefully, he will find the time to update us all on what has been going on with him.

You will hear about the Gaston cinnamon roll in the next update.

Too bad it wasn't a MSB cinnamon roll is right.

I'm afraid to comment because I don't want TCD to take the time to respond to my comment if it limits the number of updates we get per day. 

OTOH, we did get two today. 

And, if they are slower, it will prolong the enjoyment.

Please do not hold back with your comments.

They are an important part of every TCD TR.

I thought i knew and confirmed with Sil. This is from Pinochio. It's in the Pleasure Island scene when the boys start turning into donkeys.

Thanks.

That's what I thought too.

But the twins and I were discussing this, and I think there's another float that Pinocchio is on.  So they were telling me this might be from some obscure Disney movie like Fun and Fancy Free or something like that.

Thank goodness! The best part of being in 300 or 500 (the ones I've stayed in) IMHO is the ambiance: the whistles, the carriage rides, even the announcements from the HDDR.

No doubt the sounds of the Fort are important.  I don't even mind the sounds of golf carts and buses whisking by.

I really like that picture of the castle. I have never seen it look like that!

Thanks.  That is actually a pretty poor photo. The Celebrate the Magic show is something that you really need to see to appreciate.  They did add a new sequence which has a summer theme, which we enjoyed.

TCD

Yes that was my sign in 1500 loop. Think I was next to you picking up a pizza when you was ordering your gag, but not sure.Tom

Well, if you were in Trail's End at about 7:45 on Friday, then that was me.

I remember there was a guest ahead of me making a stink about how bad his pizza was.  The CM helping him, who was a young man I had never seen before, fouled up the refund, and a manager type had to come and get it all straightened out.  I just wanted to order my dang chicken.

Next time you think you see me say something!  I would say something to you, but I don't know what you look like, other than maybe you're big.

There is a lot of stuff I don't know about Disney.  Especially older stuff.  And anything having to do with fairies.

Now now don't pressure him. He had never claimed to know everything Disney. As a matter of fact he asks questions too just like the rest of us. We shouldn't try and pressure him into coming. He will come if he can/wants too. 

Come to the HDDR

Ah, the passive aggressive approach.  That's how Mrs. TCD does it.

We went into Tomorrowland following the fireworks. Didn't have much of a choice actually as the crowd was pushing us that way.

OK, so you were there just before us.

I don't think they were prepared for as big a crowd as they had.

TCD

OK, so you were there just before us.

I don't think they were prepared for as big a crowd as they had.

TCD

We were in that area for some time so we were likely there while you were.  

Before the projection show they were trying to keep the walkways open at the hub but eventually just gave up.

We were in that area for some time so we were likely there while you were.  

Before the projection show they were trying to keep the walkways open at the hub but eventually just gave up.

That's an interesting comment about them just giving up.

That is very unlike Disney.

They created a very dangerous situation by just giving up. And from what I saw, that is exactly what they did.

I seriously was concerned about what could have happened had people started to push or shove, or if someone fell in the crowd that we were trapped in. In all my years of visiting the parks, including my recent visit to a packed Epcot on New Year's Eve with lots of drunk people, have I ever felt I was in an unsafe crowd situation, but for about 10-15 minutes of Friday night, that's how I felt. It would have been better if they held guests back in the Town Square area to give time for the hub area to clear out.

TCD